Unrequited Pt. 04

Story Info
Meeting the families. Kayleigh gets a job offer.
21.5k words
4.9
16.7k
66

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 10/12/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JCMcNeilly
JCMcNeilly
2,421 Followers

This is part four of five. You should read the first three parts before jumping into this. All characters involved in explicit scenes are over eighteen. Enjoy!

**********

Unrequited, Part Four

Emma was very disappointed that Aunt Kayleigh hadn't been able to come to her game.

"Will Aunt Kayleigh come next week? It's my last game."

I smiled at her. "I'm sure she'll try."

"That's good. You are still friends, right?" There was a look of genuine, five-year-old worry on her face.

"Of course we are, sweetie, why would you ask that?"

"Because Mommy said she wasn't sure how long you would stay friends. You might mess things up."

"She did, huh?" I looked up at my sister, who was sitting in the front seat with Greg.

Natalie turned, a horrified look on her face. "Emma!"

"What? You did! What does that mean, anyway?"

My sister looked at me with a pained expression. I gave her a wide-eyed stare, pretending to be angry, which just got a sheepish grin in return.

"Well, Emma, it means your mommy doesn't think that your aunt Beth is capable of staying friends with Aunt Kayleigh, that I'd do things to make her not want to be my friend anymore."

"Like what?"

I laughed and shook my head. "Don't worry about it. Kayleigh and I are doing just fine." I aimed the last bit towards the front seat. "So, have you gotten any more stars in class?"

Emma's eyes brightened and she nodded. "Uh-huh. I read five books, and I counted to one hundred by fives. I have more stars than anyone in class except Danny and Bella." She jabbered on about her class, and I relaxed, knowing that I had successfully changed the subject.

After the game we stopped for dinner at Chili's, assuring Emma as we did that they do, in fact, serve chicken fingers, and that, despite the hot pepper on the sign, it wouldn't be spicy.

"Sweetie, we've eaten here before, and you liked it fine."

"Are you sure, mommy?"

"Yes, Emma." Natalie grinned and kept from rolling her eyes. "Don't worry, your daddy and I will order what you like."

I picked Emma up. "And then your mommy can order for me, too, cause she doesn't think I'm a grown-up." I stuck my tongue out at Nat, who scowled at me, the exchange making Emma giggle.

When we finally made it back to their place Greg took Emma upstairs for bath time while Nat and I sat on the couch.

"So, do you want a glass of wine? Stay the night?"

"Yes to the first one, maybe I'll stay." Sally's voice sounded in my ear about how I'd given up the chance of being with Kayleigh right now, and I could almost see the same thought forming in my sister's brain, but at least she didn't say it.

I tried to collect my thoughts while Nat rummaged in the kitchen. She re-emerged with a couple of wine glasses containing a sparkling rosé, one of my favorites. She handed me one before sitting on the far side of the sectional. I waited for her to start peppering me with questions, but she didn't. Instead the first words out of her mouth caught me off guard.

"I'm sorry about, well, before. I need to start remembering little ears are listening."

"It's OK. I know you talk to Greg about things. And I don't want to mess it up either."

"That's not exactly what I meant."

"Yes it was."

"OK, it was." Nat leaned towards me. "But seriously, Beth, this is the happiest I've ever seen you. But something still feels off, like," Nat sighed and shook her head, "I don't know, Beth. I just worry about you."

"Natalie, we're fine. She just went home for the weekend. It was a big family thing. I didn't want to be a distraction." It was the second time this afternoon I'd used that excuse, and it wasn't any more believable now.

I could tell Natalie didn't believe me, but she let the subject drop as Emma and Greg came back down the stairs.

My niece climbed into her mother's lap. I grinned at Greg, noting his wet shirt and pants.

"Good bath?"

Greg smiled and nodded, "Oh, yeah." He looked fondly at his daughter and sighed. "Won't be a minute and she won't want me there when she's in the tub. Got to take advantage while I can, make some memories." He gave me a sly grin. "You really should see about having one of your own. It's magic."

He gestured towards his soaked clothing and I laughed and nodded. "I see that." I let myself picture Kayleigh singing to herself as she washed our baby in a little tub, a look of blissful maternal happiness on her face. That surprised me. I'd imagined having children before, of course, but then I've always imagined them as blonde and blue-eyed, basically miniature versions of Sally. But the child I was picturing now had a shock of dark hair and the hint of an East Asian shape to their eyes. Kayleigh's and my child. And somehow, this fantasy seemed far more real and attainable than any beforehand.

I looked at Emma and Natalie, watching my sister cuddle and laugh with her little girl, and I felt a pang deep inside.

"Hey Greg, why don't you go see if Nat wants a little cuddle time with you. I can keep Emma down here, and watch a movie. A loud one."

His face brightened immediately. "That might work." He proposed the idea of a movie to his daughter, who responded with an enthusiastic yes as we started up Disney+. I watched my sister's cheeks color as her husband whispered in her ear. Emma settled on Ratatouille, and her parents slipped away upstairs to their room.

If Emma wondered where her parents had gone she didn't show it, and after the movie ended I carried a very sleepy girl upstairs, since it was a decent amount past her bedtime.

She was already in her PJs, so I just had to hang up her robe in the little bathroom before talking her in and kissing her good night. As I slipped back out into the hall I saw my sister emerge from her bedroom, wearing one of her long, silky nightgowns. Even in the blue light of the evening I could tell she was glowing a little.

"Did you have a good time?"

"Mmm," she gave me a floaty grin and closed the distance and kissed me on the cheek. "Yes, thank you." She side. "It took so long for us to get pregnant again I almost forgot how good 'just for the hell of it' sex could be."

I laughed. "Remember, I am gay. That's the only kind of sex we have."

"True. I'm gonna go kiss her goodnight. Are you going to stay?" Nat nodded toward the guestroom.

I took a deep breath and shook my head. "I don't think so. I'm going to head home."

"You sure?" Her face looked worried, but I needed time to myself to think.

"Yeah. Good night."

"Night, Beth." We shared a quick hug and I headed out. As I drove away from their neighborhood I made a last second decision, turning away from my apartment and heading toward Kayleigh's condo. Even though I knew she wouldn't be there, I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

I pulled into the empty driveway and headed up the walk. As I slipped my key into the lock I heard a soft meow and gentle scratching at the door. I pushed inside, smiling as Patches wound around my legs.

"All right, let me get the door shut."

"Meow!"

I dropped my keys on the little entry table and reset the alarm, locking myself in for the night. Patches hopped up onto the nearest chair back, putting her neck at a convenient height for scratches, which I obligingly provided. She followed me into the kitchen where I changed her water and filled her bowl. I heard her crunch into her dinner, but she was definitely more lonely than hungry, as she joined me on the couch only a few minutes after I sat down, settling onto the Afghan I had spread over my legs.

I turned on a movie, but quickly found myself nodding off as the kitty purred in my lap. Nine-thirty became ten-thirty on the TV without me realizing it, so I decided to head to bed, accompanied by my furry little leg warmer.

I opened my drawer in Kayleigh's dresser, pulling out a pair of sleep shorts and shirt. I changed, climbing under the covers as Patches settled onto the comforter on Kayleigh's side of the bed, near enough that I could still pet her behind the ears.

*Ding*

Kayleigh - Hey, Beautiful. You still up?

Me - Barely, just tucking in.

Moments later the FaceTime screen popped up, and I was looking into my lover's pretty green eyes. "Hey."

"Hi, Bethany. I miss you."

"Me, too." A sudden tear stung my eye. "I should've come with you when you asked. I'm sorry."

"It's OK. I just had to spend the day answering questions about you."

"Ditto. Mostly I got scolded by both Natalie and Sally about not going with you this weekend."

Kayleigh grinned, and I found myself smiling back. If I let my mind go I can almost imagine her lying next to me. "Was it a good party?"

"Yeah. It was so funny. I think it was the first time Heather had let Isabella have anything sweet. She gave her a tiny piece of the cake, So, Isa sticks her fingers into the frosting, and then into her mouth and her whole face lights up, and then she just grabbed a piece and shoved it into her face. It was hysterical."

I laughed, and Patches finally decided I've had enough phone time, butting up against my head. "Hey, stop it. I'm talking to your mommy."

Kayleigh grinned. "Are you at my place?"

I blushed, "yeah. I hope you don't mind."

Her face was hard to read, but she definitely didn't look upset. "No, not at all." She bit her lower lip. God, that was cute. "So, will you still be there when I get home tomorrow?"

"Do you want me to be?"

She nodded. "Very much."

"Then I will."

"OK. I love you."

I so badly wanted to be able to touch her as I repeated those special words back, and we said good night half a dozen times before we managed to actually end the call, just like a couple of teenagers.

I turned onto my side, watching the big feline eyes staring at me. "I know. I really do love your mommy, Patches. I'm trying my best." Apparently that was sufficient as she settled her head back down onto her paws and closed her eyes. I, on the other hand, found it much harder to drift off.

The next morning dawned rainy, cold, and gray, the kind of day where you just want to curl up on your couch with a blanket, a good book, and a cup of hot cocoa, so I did just that. I wished I was at my parents' house, so I could have started a fire, too. Maybe someday Kayleigh and I would have a home with a fireplace.

Patches sat on the back of the sofa next to me. I scratched her head and she yawned and stretched. "So, what are we gonna make for dinner? We should have something nice for when your mommy gets home."

"Meow."

"How about chili? A nice, warm, steaming bowl of yumminess?"

"Meow, Rrrrr"

I chuckled and rubbed her head. "Do you want to come with me to the store? No? OK, I'll let you stay here where it's warm."

I don't, by any stretch, I consider myself a chef, but I can follow directions, so I went to the spice aisle first, finding a chili fixings packet with a simple recipe on the back.

It didn't take long to gather up the required elements, canned tomatoes, ground beef, beans etc. The only thing I added was a box of elbow macaroni. Some of you are probably screaming 'Sacrilege!' at that. But I don't care. I like noodles in my chili, and that's how my mother made it, so 'Pffbbbt.'

Kayleigh texted me about one o'clock, saying she was just leaving. That would put her in about five or so, which was perfect as far as I was concerned.

I had everything assembled and simmering away for almost an hour before I heard the garage door rising. I jumped and put on an apron, so I could be stirring the pot and looking as domestic as possible when she came in.

"Honey, I'm home!"

"In the kitchen!" I answered in my best singsong June Cleaver voice. My smiling girlfriend came around the corner as I looked over my shoulder at her.

"Oh, you cooked! I could kiss you."

"You better."

Her grin widened as her arms went around my waist, rising up on her tiptoes to give my cheek a peck.

I sat down the spoon so I could turn and kiss Kayleigh properly, feeling her relax in my arms as I dipped her slightly. "Welcome home, sweetheart."

"Mmm, it's good to be home." She looked past me to the stove with hungry eyes. "What is it?"

"Chili. Want some?"

"God, yes. I'm starving."

Kayleigh let me go so she could grab some bowls, while I pulled the cheese and sour cream out of the fridge. We sat down at the little kitchen table and dug in.

As soon as her rumbly belly was calm, Kayleigh started regaling me with stories from the weekend, including how her younger sister, Heather, announced she was pregnant with her third child. There was a definite tone of wistfulness in Kayleigh's voice as she told me about it, and I felt the fear build in my stomach.

"Do they ask you about having your own?"

Kayleigh's smile turned pained. "It comes up. Especially from Molly and my mom." She looked down and stirred her bowl. "They asked a lot about you."

I grinned. "Really? What did you tell them?"

"That it's early days, but things are going well." She smiled wickedly. "And that you're drop dead gorgeous. Stephen could back me up on that one."

"How did you tell them we met?"

"The truth, that I picked you up at a bar."

"I thought I picked you up."

"Nope. You, Bethany, were putty in my hands." She was only able to hold her straight face for a second or two before dissolving into a fit of the giggles, in which I immediately joined her.

We ended our dinner with a scoop of ice cream, the perfect complement to the spicy chili. By the time I finished loading and starting the dishwasher, Kayleigh was already reclining on the couch. She gave me a soft, happy smile as I walked into the living room. I sat on the far end, pulling one of her cute feet up into my lap.

"So, tough drive?" I stripped off her right sock and began massaging the ball of that foot.

"Mmm, No, not really. Just, ooh, just long. Especially knowing who was waiting for me at home." She gave me a seductive smile, green eyes flashing mischievously. I dug my thumbs in deeper under her arch, watching her face soften. She closed her pretty eyes and settled back into the sofa cushions as I switched feet.

I stared at her as her body relaxed, soft, happy sounds emanating from her mouth. She was the most adorable, bewitching creature in the world, and my heart broke with love for her. I really did love her, but it was so different from the love I felt for Sally. This was so much more real, practical, tangible. If I could just push away the confusion for one night.

I'm not sure how long I worked on her feet, but eventually she pulled away and crawled down to my end of the couch. She climbed dreamily into my lap, my arms going around her small body as hers encircled my neck. Her little button nose touched mine as our lips found each other, and we sank into a glorious, sensuous kiss.

Our tongues caressed their partner, soft lips reveling in the exquisitely gentle contact. After several minutes I broke apart, moving my lips down over her chin to her neck, listening in wonder to her girlish, innocent moans. She turned in my arms, leaning against me, her back to my front.

I hooked my fingers under her chin, lifting it and pulling it to the side so I could run my lips and tongue over the sensitive skin of her neck and up to her ear.

A steady stream of lovely sounds streamed from my lover, her body completely relaxing into my arms. I let my hands run over her, caressing her flat tummy, small breasts, girlish hips, and toned legs.

Kayleigh put a hand behind my head, holding my face to her neck as I touched her. I ran my hands down over her outer legs and back up her inner thighs, circling a flat palm around her core. She groaned and pushed up with her hips, trying to intensify the contact.

I teased her for a few delicious moments before I lifted up her top and placed my fingers against her soft, naturally tan skin. I attempted to suavely slide them under her jeans, but it didn't go like I planned.

Kayleigh grinned at me. "Problems?"

"Your jeans are really tight."

"Let me help you." Kayleigh reached out and unbuttoned them. She lowered the zipper and lifted her hips so I could peel the stretchy denim material over her shapely legs. My eyes went wide as the smooth flesh was revealed inch by inch until I could toss the jeans onto the floor.

She leaned back against me, leg spreading. "Better?"

I traced my fingertips over her inner thighs as I stared at the damp cotton panties barely covering her sex. "Oh yeah."

"Good." She snuggled back. "As you were."

I chuckled and lowered my lips back to her neck, slipping my right hand under the waistband of her panties. My middle and ring fingers found her opening, coating themselves in the nectar now flowing freely from Kayleigh's body. I drew them gently up her cleft before beginning to slowly circle her rapidly firming clit.

"Oh, Bethany, so good. Please, more."

I just held her tight and continued. Faster might let her get there quicker, but I didn't want quicker. I wanted to feel her shake and tremble against me, to make her desperate, almost insane with need before I tipped her, ever so gently, into the bliss that awaited her.

Kayleigh turned her head so her cheek was flush with mine as I continued to circle her pearl. I re-oriented slightly so I could kiss her, enjoying her joyful whimper as our lips made contact. Her body shook as I increased her stimulation ever so slightly. We went on like that for minutes before she broke our kiss, gasping into my ear.

"Please, please, Bethany."

I turned her head to the side, taking her earlobe between my lips, which transformed her words into desperate moans.

"OK." I increased the speed of my fingers to what I knew my lover needed to get her there. "I love you." With that my lips closed over the pulse point on her neck, and Kayleigh went completely rigid in my arms for a glorious, silent moment before her small body began to pulse in ecstasy.

It went on and on for so long before she started to still, and I reduced the stimulation when she did. "Oh, god, I needed that."

"I'm glad you liked it." I kissed her temple and ran a finger over the red spot on her neck. "But I think I gave you a hickey. "

"I have some silk scarves if I need to hide it. But it was totally worth it."

I just held Kayleigh to me, running my hands down her side and over her bare legs. "I missed you so much this weekend. I should've come with you when you asked."

"You already said that." Kayleigh kissed my cheek, running her fingers through my hair. "It's okay. It was intimidating."

I knew that wasn't why I'd balked, but I guess that didn't matter now. "Maybe. But I still want to meet your family, and I want you to meet mine." I pull back so I could look in her eyes. "About Thanksgiving, did you decide what you're doing with your family?"

"We're going to do ours on Friday. Mom gave up trying to coordinate schedules, every other year and stuff. All my sibs should be there."

"Perfect. Will you come to my parents' on Thanksgiving Day, then? It'll be my grandma, Aunt Claire and Uncle Jerry, some of my cousins. I'd like to introduce you."

Kayleigh's eyes were shining with emotion as she nodded. "I'd like that."

"Good." I gave her a quick kiss and grabbed my phone off the side table, pulling up my favorites and tapping my mother's picture. I put the call on speaker, and it rang twice before she picked up, my heart rate spinning higher and higher

"Hello, sweetie! Good to hear from you."

I grimaced. "Yeah, sorry mom. I was just calling about Thanksgiving. We're doing our usual?"

"That's the plan. You'll be coming with your sister?"

"Um, actually, I'm going to drive separate." I took a deep breath. "I'd like to bring someone with me. Her name is Kayleigh, and we've been seeing each other for about three months now." I intertwined my fingers with Kayleigh's, looking deep into her green eyes, which were shining with happiness. "I'd like you and Dad to meet her."

JCMcNeilly
JCMcNeilly
2,421 Followers