All Comments on 'Unrequited Pt. 05'

by JCMcNeilly

Sort by:
  • 157 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant - such emotion! Loved the whole story. Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! Just wow!

The characterisation is superb - it felt like Bethy, Kayleigh and Sally were all real people. The writing is smooth and feels natural : the story just leaped off the screen into my head. You should get shares in Kleenex - there were several moments that brought me to tears, but I was blubbing like a baby at Bethy's darkest hours.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought it was thought provoking as well as an emotional journey. Enjoyed it.

Anita71Anita71over 1 year ago

A lovely beautiful story, five stars , an emotional roller coaster.Loved every minute of reading this

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautiful story. From the outset it had the ring of truth in it, joy and pain, happiness and sorrow, the almonds and raisins of life.

KiraCatKiraCatover 1 year ago

A beautiful story. Loved every bit of it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks for another beautiful story. I'm glad you found your person too and are inspiring us to find out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks so much for a wonderful story, and putting most of us through the emotional wringer but giving us a happy ending, yes need the Kleenex but that's what good stories always do to me and you did warn us. Looking forward so much to the next one.

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 1 year ago

Have to admit the title gave me some worries about this one.

Had it been from any other writer, I MIGHT have just skipped this one.

I`m so glad I decided to read it.

Most of us fall in love with someone who either doesn`t know or care that we exist, or doesn`t feel the same way.

This story just took real, common feelings and stretched them further than most.

I will admit I thought at one point this was going to be a tale of someone who would forever be alone.

Every bit as good as all your other stories.

Congrats :)

FandeborisFandeborisover 1 year ago

I commented on the first part, gave you 5 on the others, and now I get to thank you for not making a train wreck of Bethany’s life. I didn’t think the story would end the way I hope it would not, but the title was a bit misleading. This was great story. The characters were drawn with affection and Beth’s anguish was believable. When you think you have nothing to live for, it is easy to consider ending it all. I am going to look forward to “Beautiful”. If it is anything like the others, I know it’s going to great. Thanks for all the previous stories you have written. I have read and re-read them all at least 3 or 4 times. Take care.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautiful story. Flowed so perfectly and naturally. Loved all of your characters. Its was like reading a published novel. You’re a great story teller. I haven’t read anything else of yours but im gonna consume your other stories pronto :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was my least favorite story of yours. For some reason, it was missing the spark that the others have. I am deeply appreciative that you choose to share your gift with the world, and understand that this one was a challenge to get through. But I was relieved when it was over and, unlike your other stories, I won’t be rereading it.

Butch_BabyButch_Babyover 1 year ago

Kayleigh deserves better. I hated Beth so much not appreciating what she had, that many would be so lucky to have... having a loving partner. So selfish. Everything is all about Beth. Using Kayleigh. How dare she call her a distraction. How could she not see that her and Sally was never going to work as the story continued? I seriously would have loved to slap her silly most of the time.

The name of the story does imply that her and Sally would get together. Just mentioning that.

As much as I hate Beth this is a good and well written story. Unlike your other stories I don't think I'll be reading this again tho. I think I've had enough frustration the 1st time around. Still...5 stars.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 1 year ago

Thank you for sharing the autobiographical notes in your afterword. As with every good author, your works stands to be judged on its own merits as text, but, to me at least, knowing a little something about the author enhances the appreciation.

You gave us the happy ending we craved, but you got there by way of a twisty path called the slough of despond and the brink of suicide. The therapist's metaphor of pruning the bonsai was brilliant.

On a far more trivial note, how is it that these healthy young women never ever have to contend with each other's "monthlies"?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

amazing job. the timing of the story flowed very well and the writing was amazing as always. only a few things bothered me about the whole thing. kayleigh honestly forgave beth wayyyy too easily. beth took her for granted and used her the whole time and as nice as kayleigh is, i doubt even the most patient person in the world would accept that. i feel like beth should have worked for her forgiveness more. also the sex scenes… as wonderfully written as they were, i think at times they didn’t fit into place. like if they’re fighting about sally and about possibly moving away from each other and there’s so much uncomfortable tension between them, why would they have sex? i understand angry sex very well but it just didn’t work in those moments.. all in all though, great story. still giving it 5 stars and looking forward to your next one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks so much for writing such a beautiful story. Enjoyed so much :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Having read all your other works, I knew the ending. However, the development, the simple, understated and marvelous description of the emotions had this very heterosexual man occasionally in tears. You have a wonderful talent writing the internal conflicts between lovers, which are the same whether male or female, hetero- or homo-sexual.

This nay sound trite, but you are the Hallmark Channel of Literotica. Hope your work isn't finished and more are to come.

PerfectStranger82PerfectStranger82over 1 year ago

Thank you very much for a well written and engaging story full of well-developed and interesting characters — both the main protagonists and the supporting cast.

I felt at times that Bethany could be a bit frustrating in her complete inability to live in the moment and be grateful for the wonderful and, above all, patient angel that she had happened to stumble upon, but then, I suppose, to err is human after all.

Though I felt that Kayleigh, as a trained therapist, could have striven more to promote open communication, both in their relationship and between Bethany and Sally. In my — though perhaps limited — experience, therapists are generally of the opinion that more openness and communication is the solution to most problems.

Even though it was a real emotional rollercoaster you took us on, with many excellent highs and several deep lows, we achieved a very fitting happily ever after in the end. And as the saying saying goes: the only way to get hurt on a rollercoaster is to get off before it gets to the end. 🙂

I’m really looking forward to your next story, ‘Beautiful’.

P.S.

Kellimo1994Kellimo1994over 1 year ago

Great story! Love all your work! Unsure if it has been mentioned yet but across all 5 parts a few times you've used the name 'Kelly' instead of 'Kayleigh' :)

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonover 1 year ago

Reading for the second time already, and it's undoubtedly one of the very best stories out there. Much as I love it, it's so emotional that, unlike your other stories, it will be a long time before I want to read it again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow I got misty eyed at some point reading this , i definitely related with Kayleigh without the happy ending of course , I really loved the writing so full of emotions,tenderness and love really a germ thank you for giving us this master piece.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's rare that a 40 year old pulls an all nighter because they can't put down the novella they are reading, but somehow it's 7:30 AM and I'm sure glad I don't have to work today :-)

Thank you for sharing the bounty of your work with us!

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

Already read this twice. Back to back. Never done that with any other story on Lit.

Only problem is: What do I read next after THAT?

ca_daveca_daveover 1 year ago

Just finished reading this series for the 2nd time. So well done and so moving. Thank you for sharing your stories with us. I think some of your other stories are better, but all are well done. Something I missed first time through was a couple times you refered to Kayleigh as Kelly.

Nightwish1977Nightwish1977over 1 year ago

Beautiful, thanks a bunch.

tarkabukktarkabukkover 1 year ago

What a wonderful rollercoaster of a story you have written. At times I was afraid to read any further, and at others I couldn’t read fast enough. Very Well Done…This was incredible.

Thank you for sharing,

topcattoponetopcattoponeover 1 year ago

Wonderfully told story. The sex when Bethany turned up unannounced jarred a little, I would have expected a more considered encounter, but Hey that's why you're a great writer and my stories suck. Thank you for puuting in the effort to write it all down and hone it to perfection.

LissyWLissyWover 1 year ago

This is far more than erotica. It's a beautiful, heart-rending love story. Thank you for the feelings it engendered in me, and I'm so pleased you have your own happy ever after story.

Lissy

x

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best stories on here. Was in tears at the end. So well written. Characters were so well drawn out. Could be movie material.

Just a great story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank you. Thank you. Another phenomenal story. Brilliant writing. I just wish you have more stories on here for me to read. You really are one of the best in this site. Kindest regards BardNotBard.

shayneoneshayneoneabout 1 year ago

iv read this story before i hope your still happy as the day you realised you were i love sometimes im a bit of a softy thanks be well safe and happy a fan shayne

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank you

foxyfowlerfoxyfowlerabout 1 year ago

It was well written and the story line was true to life as that is how it happens and the ending was the fact they both ended up getting married and Beth was over Sally because that was the stubbling block to beth and Kayleigh 's happiness and love for each other brilliant hope you write more with a storyline like this story and will you write about how they have children together would be nice to know thank you.xx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I was always VERY CONCERNED that you might go for the existential "no happy ending" and so glad you didn't. All the characters were being genuinely honest to the extent they could be at the time, and that usually does not come without some measure of pain and conflict which you handled masterfully. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Best story!

ca_daveca_dave12 months ago

Just finished reading this for the third time. I did not catch that Bethany Houser in the first few parts became Bethany Hauser in the fourth and fifth parts. Still it's a great and moving story. Thank you for sharing so much with us.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great as always jc

jimmyjib72jimmyjib7210 months ago

love love love this

this would have to be your best ever so good now i have feelings of withdrawal now that i have finished these are the type of stories i love so much where they feel real and i can imagine every part of the story in my mind.

apollo_XIapollo_XI10 months ago

Amazing story of love. Thank you for this. I have started "Beautiful" and very much looking forward to chapter 3 and onwards. You are a gifted writer.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Emotions that have me sobbing, and such delicious eroticism. What more could I want out of a story? I loved it!

ca_daveca_dave9 months ago

Congratulations on the award, so deserved.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6439 months ago

Brilliant!

This is either the best story on the site or a very close second!

The entire story rings true, the emotions portrayed, the characters, the love and loss, all of it is brilliant!

Thank you so much!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I don’t cry. I don’t. But today I did. Beautiful, touching, heart wrenching story.

Flawless_InteractionFlawless_Interaction8 months ago

This was a very emotional read. Struggled a lot with it and happy i made it through. 5 stars rightfully earned.

BelindaTvDKBelindaTvDK7 months ago

Seconf time reading this fabulous story...

Still very heart gripping and emotional, but that's what I love the most..

Thank you for writing so good stories

Cheers, and please continue the good work

Belinda

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I sort of, well… This was painfully emotional. I guess life sometimes are hard. Loved it!

LoveIsGoodLoveIsGood7 months ago

Wonderful. Just wonderful.

Until the last scene, I was afraid some catastrophe was coming - death in childbirth or staying stuck unrequited / unloved / unloveable. But the growth and healing came naturally, not in fantasy, but in doing … oh yeah: your work. I'm rejoicing that you are with your Kayleigh, grateful for you sharing your truth.

I'm a retired Psychotherapist. You really have done well. Thank you.

CupidCupidCupidCupid7 months ago

What a really beautiful story. There were times when I thought that this ain't going to pan out well for anyone, but it did!

A fellow literotica author recommended me this story, when I suggested that they do a requited love story, which wasn't her style but recommended that I read this story instead. So thank you to LissyW!

galadriel_fangaladriel_fan6 months ago

Thank you, JCMcNeilly, for sharing this story with us. An emotionally wrenching story, at times, and like other commenters I periodically feared there was no happy ending. But there was no putting Bethany aside and white-knuckling it was worth it. Happy for you that you found your Kayleigh.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Best of the best. Congrats for you and your version of Kayleigh. Best of luck.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Absolutely wonderfully brilliant. Thank you for sharing what must have been an intensely emotional story for you. I cannot recommend or rate this high enough. Its as good as it gets. Would have loved this to be a full length novel and wish it could be made into a film as well. Again thank you for this jewel. BardnotBard

Martin594Martin5944 months ago

This is truly an excellent story! I have enjoyed it. Thank you.

Jayson_208Jayson_2083 months ago

Gripping story, I was sad to see it end but secretly was hoping it would turn out the way it did. Bravo, can’t wait to read more of your works!

onehitwandaonehitwanda3 months ago

This was a hard read - and I confess, I skipped to the end of this final part because I couldn't commit to finishing it without being prepared. I think many of us have been Bethany to some degree - I was. It seems trite to say that this made me cry, but it did. What more could I say? Five stars, red eyes and a pallet crate of tissues. x

Silverdaddy1945Silverdaddy19452 months ago

A beautiful story, which I must agree at times was hard to read when t looked like Bethany had ‘blown’ it. I’m so happy it all turned out okay. Thank yo so much.

Have read them all and can’t wait for the next 🤭.

CoffeeNClovesCoffeeNClovesabout 2 months ago

'It felt almost like reading the last chapter of a novel, preparing to say goodbye to characters that had become like family.'

This line in your story is such a simple sentiment but perfectly captures my feelings in regards to the treasure trove of amazing stories I have found here. Of the hundreds of entries I have enjoyed, this series is one of my all time favorites.

I have always loved rollercoasters and this series of stories was such a fantastic, emotional ride...er, read.

Thank you, so much! YOU are an excellent storyteller!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJCMcNeilly@JCMcNeilly
Part 5 of Beautiful is up! Only one to go. Part six has been submitted, so it should be up soon. I hope everyone has enjoyed so far! I write lesbian romance. Sometimes sex comes quicker, sometimes not. but you won't find any one night stands or quickies in my work (unless n...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Unrequited Pt. 04 Previous Part
Unrequited Series Info