All Comments on 'Until Death Do Us Part'

by TxRad

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
lol she killed him because he was mad because of what she had done

cold blooded adulteress

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
would you

want this author living next to you, i shudder, what a sicko.

Alfie HigginsAlfie Higginsalmost 12 years ago
unpleasant, but not as unpleasant as the last comment

this woman had been abused, raped, and beaten throughout her marriage. Her husband controlled every aspect of her life including making sure she had no friends. The only person she was allowed to see was her brother-in-law. So they developed a relationship.

The misogynistic moron who posted the previous quote sees nothing wrong with her husband's abuse. Instead she is to blame for actually seeking a sane relationship in an insane marriage.

How far would the husband have to go before one of the LW patrol would think that he actually had gone too far.

He was going to kill her for her adultery with his brother. That would be the proper punishment for trying to escape from her living hell, wouldn't it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
You Justify Murder?????

Who is the moron. Regardless of what the asshole husband has done you cannot justify murder. Under any circumstances. You know she could just leave. I do not condone how the husband treated her but two wrongs dont make a right. Its cliche but true. Murder never!!!!

Alfie HigginsAlfie Higginsalmost 12 years ago
It's called justifiable homicide

Regardless of her planning it - she was an abused woman and in the final moment, it came down to her or him. If he had killed her, what then would be your opinion? She deserved it because she cheated on him? She deserved it because she didn't leave? She deserved it.

By the way, in a country where many states make it legal to kill people for almost no reason whatsoever as long as you are a white male, (it's called stand your ground) - this was mild.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Self Defense -v- Murder

Morally, this was murder because it was premeditated. And that is wrong.

If she had been innocent of the premeditation then it would have been acceptable self-defense. She had every reason to be afraid for her life, her husband was violent and abusive. She used the only weapon she had to hand - a kitchen knife.

Maybe the lesson is for the abusive violent husbands (and some wives) who drive their partners to this sort of reaction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
someone who could read

would know that she did not have sex with the brother while the abusive husband was alive.

"When she and Jerry had sex, she wouldn't let him use a condom. She wanted to feel him, to feel his skin rubbing in her most secret and treasured places. John had always worn a condom. It was his way of showing her how dirty he thought she was. She had never cheated on him but he called her a whore and a slut."

The "when" and "wouldn't" in the first sentence are prospective: "When the time came that she and Jerry had sex, she was not going to let him use a condom."

Thus, "SHE HAD NEVER CHEATED ON" her abusive creep husband.

But there's folks on here that don't come to read stories; they come to read about women getting beat up, physically and emotionally. What John was doing to her is what they regularly say they would do to a woman who got out of line, so I'm sure they were beating their little wee-wees and found it a real buzz-kill when the Real Man in the story got a butcher knife in the gut.

TxRadTxRadalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Finally, someone who can read

Thanks for finding the nugget in the story.

DeYaKenDeYaKenalmost 12 years ago
Not justifiable homiide. Self defence pure and simple

Victims of domestic abuse are rarely understood and society sweeps it under the carpet, especially if the victim is male. In this case it is a female victim whose only sin is to provoke the confrontation. He could have walked away or thrown her out. It was his choice to assault her with a deadly weapon. Once he made that choice, given his superior strength and the weapon, her only possible defence was to kill him.

The author gave us a sensitive treatment of a difficult subject and had the nerve to offer it up to the mysoginists who troll around in LW

An editor would have made it better but I read the stories for the stories not for the grammar.

Well done

BTTapBTTapalmost 12 years ago
Great

Well-written. Cathartic. I liked how you picked up with the violence, and resolved the story with the shower-cleaning the slate, or something like that. Happy ending-the birth of a true loving wife. Glad the monster got his.

What this story shows is that a truly talented author can drive a story with dialogue, instead of narration. It's harder to do, but makes the story richer and let's you get to know the characters so much better.

Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Two wrongs don't make it right.......

Yes, he was an abuser and that in itself is disgusting. BUT she was also a cheater. Cheating begins in the mind. Its not the physical aspect of the act....thats the ending of the act of cheating. Its the lusting after someone other than your spouse. That lust is when the cheating actually began.

The "I had to kill him" defense is weak because there are a lot of options available for women in that situation. The first act of violence on his part towards her should have been dealt with swiftly.

Rob ConnerRob Conneralmost 12 years ago
Good For The Money

Well written. Abusive Bastard got what he deserved! Too bad we don't protect victims of abuse and they have to go to such lengths to survive. She was a survivor! Good Tale!

Rob Conner

bruce22bruce22almost 12 years ago
Well done

Murder is not justifiable, except when it is the only way to survive... Interesting story!

Personally I have no faith in restraining orders unless you can hire a first class bodyguard! Thus.....

Now that the mother-in-law threatened her life in front of police officer.... Nice people!

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanalmost 12 years ago
Still no redeeming characters

in this story. Premeditated murder is not a correct solution. It may be satisfying to the readership but reverse the characters, an abusive wife is killed by her abused husband, does the senario play out the same way? No society has little or no tolerance for violence against women even if it is deserved. So there is a double standard under the law. A male in this situation would be led away in handcuffs and the readership would be less satisfied with his actions. She set her husband up to murder him. Whether he is an abusive pig is irrelevant. I gave this story ***** because it was well written,believable and the sexist reaction of the commenters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
well-done

TxRad has written a provocative story that examines several facets of abuse in a supposedly-loving relationship. Certainly, you can make the argument that the wife committed a cold-blooded, premeditated murder, but only because he allows us to glimpse the inner workings of her mind. If you go strictly by what actually happened, in the narrative, it is an open-and-shut case of self-defense. As for those who argue that she could have (should have) simply walked out, that is nonsense. How many times have we read or seen on the news stories where a spouse tried to leave the relationship only to be chased down and dragged back into the relationship (or worse) by the abusing party. I do think it is a little confusing as to whether she actually had sex with the brother beforehand, but there is no doubt about a relationship between the two. But again, we only see that because the writer allows us to see inside the minds of the two. Very well-written and out of the norm for the LW category.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 12 years ago
What are you talking about anon?????..."when she had" and "wouldn't let him" don't ...

necessarily denote PERspective( NOT PRO-)-the real problems with this story are1.Why would she marry into this family?-unexplained.2.How in the world could she be so lucky and gifted an assassin to have THIS as her murder plan And have it work out? This was a flash of hell I wish I hadn't read.,

x_witless_xx_witless_xalmost 12 years ago
Pistol, prospective is right. It's anticipatory. Something that's possibly going to happen.

I'm not going to be rude about it, honest but embarrassing mistake.

And I agree the writing was ambiguous. If the writer hadn't clarified it I'd be in two minds. but it threads to the stark question. Murder, infidelity or domestic abuse - and the lesser of these evils. Excellent writing. 5*

PultoyPultoyalmost 12 years ago
The murder was justified

The author set it up to be that she was isolated and afraid, unable to protect herself from him and wore out by the constant berating and beatings. She was justified and he was right to have the deputy sheriff concur.

It may have been premeditated, slightly, because she knew she would do it, but the occasion of him beating her had to take place before she'd do it. It was self preservation, justified and a righteous kill. He had a pipe in the air about to bash her skull in. C'mon.

I like your stories TxRad. When I grow up, I wanna be able to write like you. 5 *****.

Regards,

-Pultoy

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago

Brutal animals deserve to be cheated on them...............However I offer the divorce.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
She Planned The Murder

She said so herself. The circumstances played into each other and it occurred.

John was a rotten, cruel,wife beating husband but he didn't deserve to die. Dee set it up and now she has Jerry, the brother-in-law. I'd like a ch. 2. We'll see...

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXalmost 12 years ago
I virtually never read or comment on LW stories, let alone write them, but....

....what part of she didn't cheat don't you understand, trolls? Tex had a great tale and John was about to KILL HER when she stabbed him. That's self-defense, y'all. IMHO, he got off easy. Grow up.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXalmost 12 years ago
Well, there was some ambiguity there...but....

...she really didn't cheat, anyway, because they were over already. John had thrown her away long ago. If there was any adultery, it was a mere technicality.

mynameisbenmynameisbenalmost 12 years ago
I gave your story five stars

...and then, risking life and limb, I tore the one off the sheriff's chest and gave you that one, too. Because sometimes, you have to go the extra mile to reward the best. It truly is an excellent little tale. The motive and character interactions—even the minor ones—were all brilliantly planned out. The mother-in-law was so deliciously vile, I wanted to smack her myself. Well done, well done.

cfuhrercfuhreralmost 12 years ago
not my usual fare

But it was well written and entertaining.

The characters were complex and multidimensional; quite a feat for such a short piece of writing. I did catch a few small proof reading errors but it didn't detract from the quality of the piece.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 12 years ago
if she got beat that much

she deserves a new life and more.....what anb asshole

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
she got beat almost as much as

huecuck's tiny monkey - one day he'll get a "real girl" just like Lars!

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 12 years ago
Cold and conniving

No heroes here (except maybe the deputy and EMT)!!! Yeah, Hubby was a 5 star SOB, domineering, vicious, suspicious, violent! Yeah, Sweety was brutalized mercilessly! But, she cold-bloodedly set up Hubby to murder him and do it with a great alibi! She was too lazy to get out from under by the book, so she used the hook (almost literally!) Little Bro? Good fuck-buddy - for his BROTHERS wife. GMAFB! He has also manipulated his Brother's fate by changing the beneficiary of his insurance to his Sweety-Lover. Either she is next to go OR he also had plans to off his Bro and live very comfortably with Sweety! Hubby's parents? Scum o'the Earth! NO Heroes!

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
Great Read!!!!!!!*****

It gives you something to think about. He had the pipe in his hand and he raised it to hit her. She killed him in self defense. Everything else is a mute point. Thanks for sharing.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 12 years ago
Jeesus christ, always have to explain myself...

....Not an embarrassing mistake, I know what prospective means I guess I thought the commenter was talking about his VIEWPOINT (i.e. PERspective) on what the author meant as a timeline. My bad .

Harry LegHarry Legalmost 12 years ago
Well done.

This is a great little story. Excellent work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
The pendulum swings

Your antidote to the normal biais is well written and cutting but, for me, a tad too far-fetched. I know what you're trying to argue, but, surely, the moment to snap is in the heat of conflict and not premeditated. That just says two wrongs don't make a right and takes you from the ethics of wife-beaters to a different level. LW where man kills wife in cold blood compared with wife kills man in cold blood.

The essence of LW is subjugation, whether cuckolds or not. IMHO you don't develop the wife's character enough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
The comments don't surprise me

It is one of the reasons a person like the woman in the story could end up as she did, we treat spousal abuse as a joke. Restraining orders are an irritant to most cops and a significant percentage of people with restraining orders end up victims of the people they have orders against. In this case, it would not be considered murder, the gem that was her husband went after her with a pipe, whether she had goaded him or not was irrelevant (put it this way, if I taunted you about your mother or your dick size and you came after me with a pipe and I killed you, it would be self defense, the old 'fighting words' crap doesn't exist).What you are one effect arguing is if she had cheated or as in this case, he was made to believe she had, he had the right to go after her with the pipe, which is considered a deadly weapon.And what it ignores, as sadly courts often still do even if they are not supposed to, is that in a case like this, where there is long term abuse, where the husband made it so the spouse had no alternatives and felt her life was threatened, if she had outright killed him there could be a defense of battered wife syndrome, it is hard to make stick but it is a valid defense. It is very easy to say 'she should have left', but the kind of thing described in this story often leaves the abused spouse alone and helpless. And again, it also leaves out he went into a rage and was almost assuredly going to seriously hurt if not kill her (gee, swinging a pipe at her head is a joke?) because he thought she had cheated, which means he caused his own death since this isn't 1890 in Texas, you don't have the right to kill a spouse because you suspect them of adultery. She didn't kill him, he in effect kiled himself when he chose to go after her like that; whether goaded or not is irrelevant, whatever her intentions were, he was a stupid, abusive jerk of a person who thought he had every right to beat up or kill his wife. I realize some people and even some medieval religious types think a man is god and the wife his property to use or abuse as he sees fit, but the law thankfully has pulled way ahead of that type of thinking.

BTTapBTTapalmost 12 years ago
Some who are trying to take the moral high horse...

end up jackasses.

The previous commentor got it right.

I try to give the BTB crowd the benefit of the doubt and assume they are just passionately anti-cheating, etc., but some of the comments here lead me to believe that many are just dyed in the wool misogynists: they just hate/resent/are afraid of women. The cheating wife tales give them a chance to get on their moral high horse, condemning the bitches and sluts, and alternatively cheering or deriding the men in the stories who interact with them, depending upon the level of retribution extracted.

Honestly, if a crazy neighbor, or acquaintance, or whatever, was engaged in a systemactic campaign of terror on you (or your family), as this woman was experiencing, would you not seek to defend yourself? Would you not be willing to go further? To arm yourself, to have your weapon at the ready, and to initiate the confrontation with your tormentor on YOUR terms? She didn't slit his throat in cold blood, but she was ready, and armed, and had a plan, and, yes, knowingly enraged him (but she didn't MAKE him try and kill her, she just gave him the little nudge he needed), to provoke an attack that made her response truly self-defence.

The prick reaped what he sowed.

Who cares if she fucked his brother every chance she got? The minute he started beating her, berating her, and abusing her physically, mentally and emotionally, the marriage contract was null and void.

The "fantasy" of the story is that her risky gambit could work out so well for her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
WTF are you on about BTtap

The cockless wonder wimps incessantly squealing about hurting women who don't behave like meek property don't squeal in hate or resentment. It is fear. The same squealers who piss their britches when things get dicey. This board is their little clubhouse. Let them live in fear of women, and everything else FOX, Rush, etc tell them to fear (blacks, gays, science, etc).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
fox,rush,etc

Would agree with those who blame the wife.The same guys blaming the wife arw the same men who blame everything on 'feminazis' and how men are being discriminated against. It is that type of man who feels that if a man abuses his wife 'she asked for it'and so forth.The poster,ts ranting about her cheating are proof of this,the story says she didn't cheat but they insist she cheated and therefore hubby was provoked,etc even though he was a long time abuser. These same men prob still think a husband cannot rape his wife either,they are frightened by any idea a husband isn't king of his castle.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Vermin extermination

This is an instructional piece. Up close & personal is the way of a knife, as was her husband's abuse. Let Rita bury him, take the money and run.

I love melodrama with happy endings :)

mitchfrenmitchfrenover 11 years ago
An excellent story

My only quibble is that the wife would probably have to face a charge of 'voluntary manslaughter' and would be arrested on that basis. Provocation consists of the reasons for which one person kills another.

"Adequate" or "reasonable" provocation is what makes the difference between voluntary manslaughter and murder. According to the book Criminal Law Today, “provocation is said to be adequate if it would cause a reasonable person to lose self-control."

'Spouse abuse' (whether male or female) is one of those things that too many people like to ignore. It is, however, an unpleasant fact of life - as is the fact that it tends to be 'inherited' in the way this story shows.

It may only be fiction, but I wish more abusive spouses were removed from the gene pool like this.

5* for a really good effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Mitchfren....................

Read the story. he was swinging a pipe at her head when she stabbed him.. Classic self defense. Especially if she was in a "Stand your Ground" state

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
WHOSE DEATH IS INCONSEQUENTIAL

the winner goes on and on, TK U MLJ LV NV

fireguy365fireguy365over 11 years ago
Burning Bed...

If this happened in real life I'm guessing the killing would go to a Grand Jury and Dee would be no-billed because it was a clear case of self defense in response to spousal abuse. If Dee had killed the abusive SOB in his sleep then there would be a good chance that she would stand trial for murder before a jury of her peers (would that be 12 women who have been abused?).

Even if she had planned on killing John, how would she orchestrate the situation where she would wind up over the kitchen counter where she could get and conceal a knife? That was a huge risk on her part but once she got the knife it still wouldn't have been a done deal to get him before he got her. Having the knife on her person at the start of the situation would have been premeditation. What she did was set the scenario and let it play out and hope luck was with her. If John had been one second quicker with the pipe it wouldn’t have been much of a love story; it would just be another news headline of a battered spouse winding up dead.

All in all a very good story with a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Very Satisfying

Concisely told and a damned good story.

Thank you.

HP

HypoxiaHypoxiaover 9 years ago
not quite five stars

As a LIT / LW / moral story, this is excellent. Dee was totally justified. As a *story* story, I was a bit disappointed. The finale just seems to dribble away. I was expecting a sharper or twist or tease ending, maybe at least some hint of only happy-for-now.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
wow, it had to happen sometinme

I actually find myself disagreeing with Hypoxia!?! Who'da thought?

In my opinion, the author's intention was to provide a modern, news headline story about the ambiguity of an abusive relationship.

And, as in Real Life, characters may die or otherwise disappear from our ken but the story goes on and on into an unforeseeable future.

This type of story cannot have a simplistic 'The End' and remain true to the writer's vision.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 7 years ago
I don't like wife beaters, even if it is deserved due to betrayal, etc.

Just hold a plastic bag over their heads until they pass out then revive them and warn that the next time you have to suffocate them there will be no resuscitation. That should convince them to eave. Beating etc. I don't like.

PuddinsBitchPuddinsBitchover 6 years ago

Personally I think this story would have been better on a different site, not erotic. I liked some aspects of it, but I think Dee and Jerry moved on together a little too fast. It would be more realistic if they took their time

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
BULLY

Men who bully people are not worth a pinch of salt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Hopefully down the line

Dee finds out Jerry is actually quite like John.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
???

Why didn't Jerry protect his Mom? If I had a dad like that I would go over and kick his ass EVERY day until he stopped his abuse.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

Nothing lower than a wife beater. Justice served.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Clearly written story. Nicely paced

GreWulfGreWulfover 1 year ago

If Jerry is such a good guy he would have helped his mum.

inka2222inka222210 months ago

@Grewulf - you can't help people who refuse help. Even a trained psychologist can't. It's sad and sometimes tragic, but that's the reality - women really DO literally attack anyone who theatens their abusive husbands; and getting many victims of abuse to file charges is nearly impossible. (the fact that women as a group then have the temerity to whine how it's hard to find a good man - when they routinely choose and hold on to assholes - makes it all the worse).

oldpantythiefoldpantythief9 months ago

Thought this story was familiar while reading it. Sure enough, it was 11 years ago and using a different avatar. Still think Dee and Jerry should have held off at least until the body was cold, so to speak. If she actually planed to kill John, she took one hell of a gamble. A couple of seconds more and it would have been a news article of abused wife being beaten to death.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTxRad@TxRad
5947 Followers
75 year old guy that worked in the oil fields of Texas for 41 years and writes because he has to..... Nudist, loves the outdoors, ex stock car racer, likes to have fun... If you're not happy then you're doing something wrong...