All Comments on 'Until Death Does Us Part?'

by Trionyx

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 3 years ago

5* Such an important topic and one you approached tenderdly and beautifully. I worked for a while in Aged Care and a lot of the support I provided was to spouses of residents who tried to navigate their new normal. On the other side were those in the Dementia Unit who still had sexual urges and mistook other residents for their spouse. Sexuality and aging is often not talked about, however as the children of the sexual revolution age it will no doubt become more of an open issue. Once again thank you for such a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Humane

A very humane story. As Maynard G. Krebs would say, I'm getting a little misty. 5*s

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 3 years ago

Brought tears. Not an issue presently, but I could foresee myself in their places. Thank you so much!

ender2k2kender2k2kover 3 years ago
That was a great story

The ending had me teared up. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Excellent! A very emotionally moving story about two people who find each other while struggling with ailing spouses incapacitated with severe dementia. Love and romance blossom from the ashes of this cruel and heartless disease that robs people of everything that makes them an individual and leaves an empty shell. Thanks for the read.

TomNJaxTomNJaxover 3 years ago

A most excellent story. Thanks for such care and understanding of what can be a difficult circumstance. VERY WELL DONE!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Too bad they don't have a six. Great story. Thanks for tackling s difficult subject.

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 3 years ago

Very nicely done. Such a difficult subject dealt with in a compassionate way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Very lovely story but is so sad!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great

Very well done. It is too bad that it can’t also be published in mainstream magazines, it would do a lot of people good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
THANK YOU!!!!

A thoughtful, nuanced, and respectful treatment of a very hard subject. I can't thank you or bless you enough.

Best regards,

Paul

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you! Top 1%!

Ninety percent of what appears on Literotica is crap. Nine percent is well written and erotically charged, and I use it to get myself off. And then there are the occasional extremely well written stories that make the readers THINK. This was such a story. Thank you for writing it.

I'm in my mid-sixties. My wife became my guardian angel seven years ago. There are aspects of this story that resonate with me. That's all I'll say. Thanks again!

StevieDallasStevieDallasover 3 years ago

I was very involved emotionally throughout the entire story. You plot and character development were superb. I would love to read more of your work.

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
Great Storytelling*****

Something to thing about with life expectancy what it is today. Thanks for sharing.

boatbummboatbummover 3 years ago
What Can I Say?

Wonderful story. Loving. Truthful. Poignant. Satisfying.

Thank you for this - added to my favorites....

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Nice

Thank you, a very nice story about a difficult subject. I hate getting old, but it's better than the alternative. 5 STARS!

AkilaraAkilaraover 3 years ago

Trio I thank you for this story, which you told so sensitively.

For me it was even really exciting.

You can tell very well and I experienced everything. The nursing home, the description of the terrible illness, the fight for the spouses and the torturing thoughts of Bill and Mary. I am happy that I found this story. Sometimes I had to giggle, sometimes the tears came.

Best wishes from Germany.

High five.

PS: and I learned something new for me: pity-party, lover-table. Sooo funny. Giggling.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 3 years ago

It's so sad...

when your spouse, the person you've most loved and spent your entire adult life with, no longer recognizes you and thinks you're someone else.

Trionyx, you've brought up a subject which occurs regularly among the older generation, and you've handled it very well.

Good luck in the contest.

Davester37Davester37over 3 years ago
Great story!

Trionyx, I’ve lived a similar story, and you’ve told it well. I find your style easy to read and I enjoyed the ride. It was touching and poignant. Well done!

Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Sad But Beautiful And Full Of Love

Lost my father to Alzeheimer's and my mother to Dementia so can understand some of the pain and anguish here but it must be far worse for the surviving spouse. What a dilemma Bill and Mary faced but so well described and rationalised.

Great story and I loved the emotional ending. Deserves the rating if not more.

poutniklpoutniklover 2 years ago

I liked it very much, all aspects of the story written so we'll about. But feel incompetent to add anything to great comments posted before mine.

barcomberbarcomberover 2 years ago

Beautifully done . I lost my wife a few months ago. She was on her way to dementia, it's a blessing to me that she hadn't completely lost it. I've no doubt that she just decided she had had enough, now I'm left with memories of 65 happy years.Now I'm very friendly with a lady who lost her husband recently. I also have PED, and am wondering if my cardiologist would approve of Viagra for the over eighties. Dream on I fear.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

In a nation of 300-some million, I’ve not a single doubt that this story is played out in real life somewhere every day. I am 6 years older than my amazing wife of 40 years. If she ever finds herself in Mary’s shoes, hope that she will be able to find someone who gives her comfort and companionship. I would never, ever judge someone who does that. Great, thought-provoking story. Easy 5 stars. If the explicit erotic content were muted, this could probably be published in AARP’s magazine. All over-50 couples should give this topic careful consideration.

SunloverSunloverover 2 years ago

Excellent story of romance. Love endures even during difficult times. Very touching. Made me cry in a couple of spots. Of course, since I and my wife are of about the same age, perhaps it hit too close to home. Thanks for sharing your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Beautifully written

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

great

clearcreekclearcreekabout 2 years ago

I spent many hours watching my parents die. Mother at home, trapped in her body until it shut down. Father had Alzheimer's. Hard to watch a loved one decline.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

We have a friend that went through this. His wife had dementia in her mid 50’s. A neighbor had lost her husband and after a while he divorced his wife and married her the marriage mainly for estate reasons. They both took care to see her in the nursing home making sure all her needs were met. As they were all somewhat conserved scool types and community they expected some blowback. But their families and friends all seemed good with things, especially since she wasn’t just forgotten in the home.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

What a wonderful story about the trials of the spouse left behind when the other has been incapacitated by Alzheimer's disease. Story was well written with passion and emotion. Such a tearjerker. Well Done 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Outstanding and poignant for my situation. Great writing and storytelling was the easiest 5 star rating I have ever given. Thanks

TheOldStudTheOldStudover 1 year ago

Wonderful, heartfelt story...Thank you for sharing...

wolfe5358wolfe5358over 1 year ago

very well written and I injoyed the story very much. well worth 5 stars. If rest stories are any where this well written lookin to readin them.

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 1 year ago

Wonderfully heartbreaking.

joeoggijoeoggiover 1 year ago

Beautifully written. Great characters. Heartbreaking and bittersweet but the a great ending. Excellent.

RangeExpanderRangeExpanderover 1 year ago

Thank you for this wonderful, sensitive, deep story. The sex is just enough and so meaningful under the circumstances! I really appreciate you risking this topic and also bringing older people's sexuality into visibility

AileyInnAileyInnover 1 year ago

This is a great story. For those of us entering into similar situations, it offers hope. Thank you.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerabout 1 year ago

Extraordinary and meaningful for those of us approaching that phase of life. The ending brought tears to my eyes.

Thanks for sharing these thoughts.

davezqdavezqabout 1 year ago

When I read "Death Has Brought Us Together Again" I was deeply moved. THis was a brilliant story, addressing the later times of life that are typically never attended to.

51Woodie51Woodie11 months ago

A very real story.... my uncle had dementia for eight years and in that time forgot he was married and had several girlfriends at the care home. My aunt, while devastated by the reality, understood and continued to care for him, even as a stranger. Sadly, she never found love again.

As a 71 yr old this story is very real for me and we'll written.

EVLoverEVLover9 months ago

Thank you for an excellent story on a very sensitive and timely topic.

I am in my 70s and realize that I will die someday…I just don’t when or how. I also wonder what challenges and opportunities I will present to my wife, daughters, and other loved ones in my final days.

I hope I don’t go via dementia, as in this story, and only time will tell.

WriterPerson314159WriterPerson3141594 months ago

This felt real. And that’s a rarity around these parts. Excellent job.

PEKINGUYPEKINGUYabout 1 month ago

I am 67 and I have to agree with many of the comments. A wonderful story and it opened my eyes to our older years. Thank you. I am going to talk to my wife about this topic so we both know what we want to do in a similar situation. The following do not have much to do with this story but, it helps me here to get it off my chest.

My father took care of my mother at home until she became too sick for him to care for her. The events on the last days of her life were, I had an anniversary on Thursday with my wife, Friday, my youngest daughter got married, and Saturday, my mom passed. We were late getting to Chicago and my father blamed us that he wasn't with his wife when she passed. He also was only allowing his children ( I have 4 older brothers and a younger half sister. I would not go to visit until he finally agreed to allow grand children to see her before she was removed from the room. I said I would go but I didn't even want to see my father since I was so angry at him for being so selfish. We made up with each other before he passed. The last 2 time I had a rum and coke were after my mom's funeral and dad's funeral, 7 years ago. If you have problems with your parents, talk to them before it is too late.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTrionyx@Trionyx
Nov 30, 2023 I am honored that my story Last Few Days of Summer was voted the Readers Choice for First Time stories for 2022. Thank you for your votes and support. August 2022 I was surprised and pleased when my piece How to Fuck Without Saying Fuck was selected as the Reade...