Until Death Does Us Part?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, I don't think he does. His mind is pretty much gone. I've had him hit me a few times if he is too tired or confused. He doesn't interact with any of the other residents and barely talks anymore."

Brian didn't say much, nor did Mary's sons. Her daughter Patricia did quietly comment that it was nice that they each had someone to talk to. After another hour or so they all broke up and went to their respective homes. Bill and Mary did not spend much time talking to each other, they just seemed happy to visit with their families.

Later that night at Bill's place the grandkids were all asleep in the RV. Brian and his wife had gone to bed as had Lisa's husband when she stayed in the den and talked to her father.

"Dad, seriously, what is your relationship with Mary? You seemed to purposely avoid her today. What's going on?"

"Lisa, your dad was a very lonely old man until he met her. We are good friends. We do our exercise walks together and even have had dinner together a few times. Nothing to write home about."

"Dad, she seems to be a very nice lady. Now I'm going to say something here and if it makes you mad, please forgive me. Uh, you know, Mom gave me the big sex talk when I was thirteen and I know I'll be giving it to my kids soon enough. So, I'll practice on you," she laughed nervously. "I want you to know that if you and Mary were to get closer, even intimate, I would be one hundred percent in favor of that."

"But your mother is my wife. It wouldn't be right..."

"Dad, my mom, for all intents and purposes, is gone. That sounds cold and cruel, but the woman you married left us months, or even years ago. If she weren't alive, I would wonder why you weren't with Mary, or someone else. You are still a relatively young man and you deserve companionship. That being said, I think you should go for it."

"What would your brother say?"

"You know, I think if I got to him first, he might just be persuaded to agree. He gets all squeamish talking about Mom and you. I think he just wants to hide his head in the sand and forget all about it."

"Thank you, Kiddo. I appreciate your comments. It has been a rough year and I like Mary. If anything happens between us it will be because we both want it, we both feel good about it and we both deal with our spouses and our guilt. Don't expect any wild passionate affair, but if we do get closer, I'll let you be the first one to know. Would you be willing to talk with Brian about it?"

"Sure, Dad. Now, I need to talk with you about birth control," she laughed as she kissed him on his forehead. "Good night, Dad."

The next day was a walking day but Mary and Bill had agreed to skip it while the families were in town. The following day they met at Our Home while the kids hung out at their old homes. After helping their spouses with their meals, the two went to their cars.

"Care for a coffee, Mary?"

"I'd love one, even if it is just to get away from all the noise for a few minutes. I love the grandkids, but the noise is quite intense. See you there."

At the coffee shop Bill brought their coffees to a table back in the corner and sat next to her. "I had a very interesting conversation with my daughter the other night."

"Really?"

"Yeah, she seems to think we are somehow 'together' or something. She went on to say that she would approve if we were, to use her words, get intimate."

Suddenly Mary laughed. "Our daughters are pretty perceptive, aren't they? Patricia said nearly the same thing. I haven't talked with the boys. They just want the whole thing to disappear."

"Look, I really appreciate being with you, but I have never, not once, seriously contemplated taking things any further with you."

"Well, you know, I have. I used to be quite a sexual woman and I miss it. There is only so much that my fingers and my battery-operated boyfriend can do."

"TMI, TMI," Bill laughed.

"No, really, I miss sex, but I am still married. How can I deal with the guilt of sleeping with another man, with you, and still be married to Dave?"

"You'll have to come to grips with the situation somehow, I guess. Or you'll just have to wait until..."

"I had decided I'd have to wait, but then you came along. I could see us together, can't you?"

"Uh-huh," he answered and then after a pause, he went on. "Uh, Mary, I have a suggestion. Once the kids all leave, let's sleep together. I mean just sleep, no sex. That way we can be closer and see how it feels."

"OK, deal. How about New Year's Eve? Mine will be all gone, yours?"

"Oh, yeah, they're out of here tomorrow. Walk?"

"Sure, see you at eleven."

For the next few days they carried on as before, visiting at Our Home and going on their walks. Mary's family eventually left with Patricia giving her mother a hug while whispering in her ear, "Go for it, Mom." On the morning of the thirty-first she sat down in her living room to quietly think things over. She was looking forward to Bill's visit but still felt guilty, guilty about even thinking of sleeping with him. Finally, she decided to go ahead and proceed as they had discussed. She would sleep with him and see how she felt about that. But no sex, she kept telling herself.

Bill came over at six with a small bottle of champagne to open for the New Year's celebration. She prepared a nice, simple meal and afterwards they cleaned the dishes. Once they sat down it was nearly eight thirty.

"I can't remember the last time I stayed up until midnight on New Year's Eve," said Bill.

"Yeah, me either. You know, the Times Square festivities will be at ten our time. Let's just have our New Year's at that time, then we can go to bed.

"I can't believe how casually I just said that, given how nervous I am," she added.

"Mary, I'm nervous, too. Let's just sit here, have our champagne and let happen what happens. Come here, let's cuddle."

They sat on the couch, arm in arm and watched the feed from Times Square until shortly before ten pm. He got up, refilled their glasses with a splash of champagne, and then they held hands while watching the ball drop. They counted down from ten and at the end they leaned over and kissed each other with warm, tender kisses that promised so much. After a few minutes she turned to him and said, "Is this where we retire to the bedroom?"

"I'm your guest, you're in charge."

"Bill, I need a few seconds alone," she said as she reached for Dave's picture on the mantle. Bill slipped down the hall to the bathroom, took care of business and then paused as he opened the door. He could hear Mary sniffing and crying in the living room.

"Dave, I love you so much. You have been the best thing that has ever occurred to me. I miss you so much. But please Dave, I beg you to understand; I'm lonely. I need someone.... If it were me, I'd want you to find a new love. Please know, Honey, I'll be there in your corner until death does us part, but for now I need someone to hold me. I really need someone to hold me and I need to be loved," she sobbed. After a few minutes she stood up, hugged Dave's picture one final time and put it back on the mantle. She turned to Bill who approached her quietly.

"Mary, we don't have to..."

"But I have to. I need this. If I don't do this now, I'll probably never get another chance at happiness. Please, Bill, hold me. Come to bed with me..."

They turned and when they got to the guest bedroom Mary pulled him inside. "I just can't do this in the master bedroom, so I've made up this bed for us."

"Sure, I understand."

"I'm going to the bathroom and change. Will you wait for me?"

"Of course."

Ten minutes later Bill had stripped to his boxer underwear and was under the covers. Mary came in wearing a long, sleek, see-through nightgown that hugged her curves. She hesitated a bit as she turned out the overhead light, leaving just the bedside light on. Once she was at the bed she slipped under the covers and turned to Bill.

"Do I get those hugs and kisses I've been missing?"

He responded by doing just that. Over the next ten minutes or so they stroked each other, hugged and kissed deeply and warmly. Finally, she pulled away and whispered, "Nice, very nice. I've been worrying about this for days and I've been tied up in knots today so I'm really tired. Lights out, OK?"

"Sure, Honey. Now let me hold you as you drift off."

In no time her breathing settled down and became regular and deep. Bill stayed awake for another thirty minutes or so just thinking about his life, Estelle, Mary and their current situation. He admitted to himself that he felt bad about being with another woman but he was so much happier than what he had been several months ago. He thought about Mary's talk with Dave's picture and he agreed with all that she said. Most importantly he admitted that if his and Estelle's situations were switched, he'd want her to be happy. He made a promise to keep visiting her and caring for her and just as he fell asleep, he murmured, "I love you Estelle, I really, really do. Good night love."

Bill woke up the next morning curled on his side spooning Mary. His arm was over her torso and his face was tucked into her hair at her neck. She smelled so nice, felt so nice. He couldn't believe how wonderful it felt to wake up with someone in his arms. He needed to use the bathroom so he quietly eased out of bed and went down the hall. Once he was done, he got chilled in the cool air so he went back to the bedroom. Mary was still there on her side, breathing smoothly. As he slipped back under the covers she mumbled, "Good, you came back. I missed my bed heater."

"Good morning," he whispered back to her. They drifted back asleep for a bit before waking up for good. With her sleeping gown pulling at her breasts Mary rolled over to him and reached up for a kiss. They held each other for several minutes, gently kissing each other.

Then she sat up, looked at him and said, "Happy New Year, Bill. This has been the best I have felt in over three years. I want to thank you for spending the night. Maybe we can do this again, you think?"

"I would love to. You name the date and I'll be there."

"How about tomorrow night, or is that too soon?"

"No, tomorrow's fine. Here or at my place?"

"Oh, why not your place? I can swing by around seven. See you tomorrow morning at Our Home, OK?"

With that quick little exchange, he realized that Mary and he were both becoming more comfortable with their blossoming relationship. Later, on his way home, he went by Our Home and visited with Estelle alone. She was awake but still in her room when he dropped in. She seemed to recognize him, at least she smiled slightly when he came through the door.

"Hi, Estelle. It's New Year's Day. Can you believe how the time has flown?"

There was no meaningful response, she just gazed at him. "Can I bring you anything, Honey?"

She slowly shook her head. He decided then to talk with her. He was going to tell her everything. He knew she probably wouldn't understand what he was saying, but it was important to him to vent his emotions.

"Estelle, I miss you so much. For years now I have watched you slowly disappear. I know it has been painful for you in the past, but now you seem to be more comfortable, more at peace."

She continued to stare at him with a slightly puzzled look on her face.

"The problem, Love, is that I continue to suffer, and it has gotten worse as time has gone on. While your needs are being met here, unfortunately mine aren't. You see, Mary, the lady who is here with Dave, has become a friend of mine. A close friend."

There was no change to his wife's expression.

"I'll just come out and say it. I think I could fall in love with her. I want to be with her. But I feel so bad that I am not 'forsaking others' like we promised when we got married. But she and I need each other and I want to be with her. If I were in your shoes, I would want you to go on with your life and enjoy the few years left, really, I would.

"Honey, I'm not asking for your permission; I thought I should tell you, be open, you know? And I promise with all my heart that I will continue to come here just like I have, I will do anything to help you as this god-awful disease eats you up."

Tears were filling his eyes as he looked at the shell of the love of his life and told her that he was falling in love with another woman. Estelle looked back at him with a blank stare.

"This is too painful," he thought to himself before he talked to Estelle again. "I'm going to go now, and I'll be back tomorrow for a visit. I love you, I really do, Sweetheart. You have been the best wife a man could ever want. Bye," he whispered as he leaned over her and kissed her on the head.

As he stood up and looked at his wife, he was stunned to see her smile and nod her head up and down slightly. He stumbled out the door and sat in his car with his mind racing. He wasn't sure if she understood him and the smile was an acceptance or even a blessing, or, if in her disease-riddled mind, she just chose that second to smile. But he sensed a great relief having talked to her, told her about Mary and admitting that he was getting very close to her.

The next day when they visited at the facility Estelle seemed to be more alert than usual. She smiled more, tried to speak but succeeded in merely making nonsensical sentences. Bill was amazed at how she ate with more vigor and even seemed to enjoy the afternoon activities.

After they left and Mary commented on this to Bill in the parking lot, he turned to her and said, "I came here yesterday and I told Estelle everything. I don't know if she really understood, but when I left, she smiled and nodded her head at me. I'm probably hallucinating, but I'm going to take that as her approval. I promised I would be there for her but I did tell her I was falling in love with you."

"Bill," Mary gasped. "Did you just say what I thought I heard? Love?"

Bill looked down at the pavement a few seconds to collect his thoughts. He looked up at her and nodded. Mary stared at him and suddenly he noted tears pooling in her eyes and her face turned blotchy.

"Are you OK?" he asked. When she didn't answer he went on, "I really am falling in love with you. What about you?"

"Yes, I'm OK and I, uh, I kinda think I might be falling in love as well. Can we talk more about this tonight? Your place."

"Sure, Mary. See you around seven. I'll do dinner." He turned to go to his car when he heard her call him.

"Bill, I don't care who sees us, but if you confess you might be falling in love, you really should give the girl a hug, now shouldn't you?" Bill turned all the way to her and took her in his arms and held her until she went to break apart.

"Thank you, Bill. See you at seven."

That evening when she arrived there was tension in the air between them. She ran to his arms just as he closed the front door and murmured how good it felt to be in his arms. Eventually they moved to the dining room and had a nice, simple meal of spaghetti with a tossed green salad. Once the dishes were cleaned, they went over to his couch and sat together. She pulled his arm around her, kissed him on the neck and then cleared her throat.

"Honey, we really need to talk about us. This thing we have here. If we were to truly love one another, what would we do with our lives, our spouses?"

They then spent nearly an hour talking about the whole situation. They agreed that they would never leave their spouses and both wanted to be there as they had been, visiting, helping, feeding, what ever was needed. However, they each felt that their spouse was, for all intents and purposes, no longer "living." Estelle and Dave weren't dead, but in a way they weren't alive. Mary and Bill both believed that they could be comfortable with the idea of being together and still not violate the spirit of the 'until death does us part' promise that each of them had made years ago.

They then spoke rather candidly about their own relationship in almost clinical terms. At the end of the evening they had agreed to allow their relationship to develop however it might. They both thought to themselves that this meant they would probably end up being intimate. After a few minutes of quiet contemplation Mary spoke up.

"So, does this mean your invitation to sleep with you is still on?" she asked with a nervous smile.

"Absolutely. But I'm like you; I can't use the master bedroom. Let's use the guest bedroom. You can use the bathroom first and then change, I'll be with you shortly."

After a few minutes he heard her call out to him, so he brushed his teeth and went to her bedside. He slipped off all but his shorts and slid under the sheets with her. Mary wrapped her arms around him and they began to cuddle and kiss. The kisses became warmer, deeper and more erotic. Eventually he felt her grab his hand and bring it to her breast. He gently rubbed the nipple through the thin cloth of her nightgown. After a few minutes she whispered he didn't need to be quite so gentle so he increased the pressure and even gently pinched to her obvious delight. She then rolled over and slid her leg between his and started to rub her pussy right on his thigh with increasing pressure. He became aware that she was increasingly aroused, breathing deeper and moaning slightly.

Suddenly he relaxed his hold on her to her whimpering protest. "Shh, it's OK. Pull up the gown a bit." He helped her shimmy the gown up and over her head before he reached down and took a nipple in his mouth.

"Ohhh, feels so good."

"Um-hmm. Want more?"

"You know I do. Try the other breast."

"I've got a better idea," he responded as he started to kiss down her belly. Just as he reached her pubic hair she whispered, "Bill, really, you don't need to do that."

"But I want to. I like doing this. I want to make you feel good."

Gently he licked down her belly until he reached the top of her hair. With his tongue he parted the hair over her slit and gently moistened the area with his saliva. Then he started to stroke along her slit and up to her clit repeatedly, teasing and probing until she was writhing on the bed. She grabbed his head and pulled him firmly up against her as she moaned out his name. Suddenly with a shriek and an arching of her torso she climaxed as she rolled slightly from side to side.

A minute or so later she whispered, "That was lovely, Sweetheart. Thank you."

"Glad you enjoyed it. I surely enjoyed my part."

A bit later she murmured to him, "What about you? Can I return the favor?"

"Well," replied Bill. "There's a little bit of a problem. I'm not a kid anymore and by several years ago I required some medicinal assistance. I hadn't planned on this thing between us going so far, so I am not prepared. I'll need to call my doc and get a prescription."

"Oh, Bill, I'm sorry. It's not fair to you."

"Mary, I know you might want to 'return the favor', as you put it, and some day I'm sure you will. But for now, I want you to know that what we just had was the absolute sexiest thing I have seen in years. It made me so happy to please you like I did."

"Well, thank you. You know, age has done something to me also. I noticed you did not penetrate me with your finger and I'm glad. It can be quite dry in there at times. So, in addition to a little pill we'll need a good quality lube."

"Have any?"

"Yup. I have some at home and I'll get some for here. And," she giggled, "It tastes pretty good, also. That's my way of saying you are allowed to go down on me again. You really were quite good, you know."

"Aw, shucks, Miss Mary, you embarrass me," he joked in a fake southern accent, then, after a brief pause, he went on in a normal voice. "Mary, I have to tell you this. I'll keep it simple and to the point. I love you. And I hope you..."