Up T'Smoke Ch. 01

Story Info
A continuation of the life and studies of Peter Banks.
3.2k words
4.49
4.4k
4
0

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/26/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ch 1. Graduation.

For me life started in a small village school with friends I had grown up with. Some drifted away, others became much closer. The change to secondary school and meant a new way of learning, with some subjects easier and others more difficult. Then came the realisation that any effort I was going to make, I should put into the things I was good at and enjoyed doing.

So I played a lot of rugby and put enough effort into schoolwork to stay in the top quarter of the class. I figured that as long as the state paid for my education I would avoid leaving school: the more qualifications I got, the better the job would be at the end.

It was in summer and I was finishing my postgraduate degree: a Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from Bristol University. My supervisor, Dr. Alastair McKenzie, had accepted a position for the following year at a Medical Research Laboratory associated with University College London. He had invited me to join him as a postdoctoral fellow, assuming the thesis defence was successful.

The thesis defence was scheduled for a Friday in August at 9.30 in the departmental library. I was confident yet nervous. I was Alastair's first graduate student and with just the two of us in the lab we knew each other quite well. I rationalised that Dr McKenzie was happy with the thesis, or he would not have sent it to the external examiner. The external examiner was Professor Hamish Black, from Herriot-Watt University in Glasgow. Professor Black just happened to be Alastair's own Ph.D. supervisor.

On the day, I gave an overview of the thesis results in an open seminar, with Professor Black and Dr McKenzie alongside me on the stage. There were some questions from other faculty and my fellow postgrad students, I think I answered most of them. Then we three left the stage and went to the library for the actual oral exam.

Coffee and biscuits were brought in and the discussion began. Alastair deferred to Professor Black who pushed his chair back and looked at the ceiling, hands in the prayer position.

"Well Peter, I don't think there is much more I need to ask you about your theoretical knowledge. But I am obliged to ask a few questions."

I answered as best I could, and for the most part received a nod.

The questions continued for about half an hour, when Prof Black smiled.

"Well I am satisfied with the oral and your answers Mr. Banks. As far as I am concerned you have passed with flying colours, and unless Dr. McKenzie has anything to add, let me shake your hand and congratulate you!"

With a smile Peter thanked the older man.

Alastair came around the table and also congratulated me.

"Incidentally," commented Prof Black, "I am interested to know where you got the idea about your double-selection technique? I have not thought in those terms before and my congratulations: the idea is fascinating. You should consider some form of commercialization before you publish."

"Already in motion, Prof.," said Alastair. "Do you remember Jackson Muir who went to GSK after his doctorate? He is looking at it with the intent to patent. In fact one of the reasons, apart from playing squash, that I have invited Peter to do a fellowship with me is that I want to see how many bright ideas he has stored away."

"Good" replied Professor Black, "I felt sure you had it in hand. So lead me to the paperwork, then if I hurry I can get the 3 pm back to Glasgow."

"Well done Peter," Alastair exclaimed, "now you'd better give your folks a call. Tell them the good news! Then I guess you'll be in the local having a pint with the lads? I may join you later."

In fact I had a couple of pints after calling Mum and Dad, and a fish and chip supper, before I wandered up the hill to the flat. I tried to call Lady Margaret but there was no reply; I left a message, then slept.

The next 3 weeks went by quickly. I moved out of the flat and down to Dorset to be with my folks for a while. Then I rode up to London to fix a bed-and-breakfast place while I looked for a flat. There were notices at UCL, Queen Mary College and the Royal Marsden Hospital, where my lab was located. The Marsden had a lot of cancer patients. All notice boards had places to share and I was surprised how expensive everything was. Even with the 'London weighting' extra to my fellowship I ended up in Brixton, south of Battersea, taking the local surface railway into the hospital each day.

Life was busy finding my way around London: learning his local area, the streets by the Royal Marsden and the West End at weekends. Alastair McKenzie and his wife Jane made me welcome at any time but they lived even further out to the west near Kew Gardens and the M6. There were also many visiting lecturers at various locations, all widely advertised on notice boards.

Lectures and seminars are a part of scientific life, and I tried to set aside Tuesdays and Fridays to listen to whichever speakers were around. I played occasional Saturday games of rugby, either for Esher or Richmond Park: there were ex-Bristol Uni players at both clubs. And there were regular games of squash with Alastair. So both social and work life was busy.

It was during a seminar one Friday that someone rushed in, late, and sat next to me.

"Hello Petey! Good to see you," whispered the out-of-breath redhead as she retrieved her notebook from her handbag. I was surprised and puzzled.

Then the light dawned: "Fiona!" I whispered back, quietly, anxious not to distract from the speaker. "You going to stay or shall we go for coffee?"

"I need to hear this woman" Fiona replied, so we stayed. I cast occasional glances her way as the seminar progressed. Fiona did likewise when she thought I was not looking.

There were a few questions at the end of the talk but the audience filed out within the hour.

"Well who would have thought that we would meet up again like this?" I asked. "The Manor seems a long time ago now. And how have you been?"

"Och, as you see me" replied Fiona. "I finished my Ph.D. two months ago and got a postdoc at the Chelsea and Westminster. I'm settled in to the flat and life is good. By the way, I saw you at Bart's last Friday but I couldn't get to you after the seminar: you left in a hurry!"

"Yep, thirsty time Friday nights. And with no game last Saturday I went out with the lads for a long evening. So you're at the Chelsea, that's only half a mile from me at the Marsden. Small world!"

"Aye, it is that! Do you want to come back to our place? It's not far away: Markham Square, just off King's Road, back of here," Fiona smiled.

"Wow! That's close to work! How did you manage that?" I asked.

"Well, Daddy bought the place for Mummy and we two. Elspeth is 3 years older than me and we share, but Mummy and Aunt Maggie come up about once a month so it can get pretty busy. Elspeth is getting married in the spring and I'll be on my own a lot then. It takes a lot to get Daddy out of Scotland: he hates London."

"Are you coming?" Fiona pulled my sleeve.

"Sure, I'd love to see how the other half live," I laughed.

We chatted like old friends, which in fact we were. Several times Fiona had visited her cousin Sophie at The Manor where I worked at weekends. Fiona was very open and soon was talking about her cousin and her Aunt Margaret.

"You know Sophie and I are pretty close" Fiona chatted, "and she was very much into you, Petey."

"You know Fiona, I was pretty naïve" I replied. "It really didn't occur to me until right at the end, by which time it was far too late for me to do anything about it."

"Added to which Sophie had told me about her predicament: that sounded like an 19th-century arranged marriage!"

"I also heard about you and Aunt Maggie, you dog, you!" Fiona smirked as she dug me in the ribs. "Of course Mum and her sister are as thick as thieves."

I was obviously embarrassed. "Perhaps I had better head home" I said, ruefully.

"Not a chance laddie" came the reply. "We're just around the corner here."

I looked around the street and was blown away. The central park area of Markham Square was surrounded on three sides with a 4-storey regency crescent, a style popular in 18th century London. We walked up 6 wide stone steps and Fiona let herself in with a key. Their flat was on the 4th floor and we walked up the stairs even though there was a lift towards the back. Another key for the flat.

"I can't believe this" I murmured.

"Nice place you've got here" I commented, a bit tongue-in-cheek.

"Aye, it's OK!" Fiona smiled. "It's a bit more than I need: living room, dining area, kitchen and three bedrooms."

Must be a million or more pounds I thought. If one side had so much money, why didn't they lend some to the other side? I knew Sophie and her family had long-term financial problems. But I supposed money was never talked about with these families and it was probably all tied up with endowments and male side of family stuff. None of my business.

I took my shoes off and dropped my briefcase by the door. Fiona shed her books and patted to the seat beside her on a sofa by a window.

I should mention that the woman sitting by the window was not the one I met with Sophie. Three years had made this version of Fiona a much more mature person. The earlier version gave hints of what was to come: a curvaceous figure, substantial breasts and a backside to balance. A nice pair of legs and a sweet face: not beautiful but pretty and very expressive, all together an attractive package.

Usually I was fairly quiet around women I didn't know, but this one I knew, and familiar feelings were beginning.

Back to the present.

"Look at the view" Fiona said, her eyes sparkling.

I looked out of the window and there were major London monuments within view: quite dramatic.

As I turned around Fiona put her hand around my neck and pulled me in to a kiss. Just a gentle touch of lips and we parted, looking at each other, smiling. Then both her arms went around my neck and my hands were around her waist, pulling her towards me. The second kiss was longer, firmer and deeper. Our tongues fought. Where did that come from?

"Did you ever wonder who visited you that night after the pub visit, and our 'anatomy' lesson?" she whispered in my ear. "And who wore the toque to stop you guessing?"

"Well of course I wondered: it was a magic time. I've replayed that day many times since. I knew it wasn't Sophie, and it was unlikely to be Eunice, so it could only be you or Bunny. I didn't know anything about either of you at that time so it would have been straight guesswork. So it was you, you minx!"

"How would you like to continue from that point?" she asked.

"Do you have to ask?" I replied. "But what about your sister? When do you expect her?"

"In two days. She's off to Brighton for a dirty weekend with Duncan, straight from work. In fact they probably took the afternoon off: they seem to please themselves at the F.O." Fiona quipped.

"F.O.?" I asked.

"Aye, the Foreign Office. And did you know that Sophie's getting a transfer there from GCHQ sometime after Christmas?"

"No, I've had no contact with Sophie. I wrote to Lady M. a..., a..., a couple of times" I stuttered, "but I think it's best to ease back on that for now," wanting to change the subject.

Fiona picked up on the sentiment and just commented "they're both very fond of you, you know...., But let's inspect my bedroom!"

So saying she grabbed my hand and pulled me across the room and down the short corridor to a huge bedroom.

What a bedroom! There was a large working surface under the window, with an iMac and hidden keyboard, and bookshelves on both sides of the window and covering one wall. A dressing table on an adjacent wall and across the room a walk-in clothes closet, next door to an en-suite bathroom. Pictures on the corridor wall.

"They're all the same, the bedrooms. Daddy had some walls re-positioned soon after he bought the place. It's quite comfy, so Elspeth and I can work undisturbed," she said nonchalantly. "Not that she ever brings work home."

Quite comfy was the understatement of the year. Palatial would have been more appropriate.

"Come and sit by me here" Fiona said with a smile, patting to the spot beside her on the bed. I didn't have to be hit over the head. I slipped my jacket off and undid my tie.

Fiona was on me like a cougar, pushing me on to my back and attacking my belt and zipper. She stopped long enough to reach across her waist to pull her sweater up over her head and throw it on the floor behind her.

She was undoing my shirt buttons while I pulled the straps of her slip off her shoulders. This lady was ready and eager.

"Och, now you're getting with the plan" she said, kneeling across my thighs.

At this point I decided to take over: I had some experience now with her aunt Margaret. I rolled her over on to her back, coming up on to my knees between her legs. I undid the side zip and slid her skirt off along with her tights, careful not to rip anything. I was about to reach behind for her bra clasp before I noticed the front escape which she helpfully undid for me.

What beautiful breasts! I leaned forward and kissed her lips again, slowly enjoying their softness. Fiona opened her mouth ready to engage but I pulled away and immediately searched for a nipple while keeping my eyes fixed on hers. Both thumbs and index fingers stretched wide to encircle both breasts while my tongue searched -- and found -- a nipple, already hard. I teased with my tongue, sucked the whole teat into my mouth, then gently bit on the exposed flesh.

She bucked and grabbed my ears. That was novel! I took both her hands in one of mine and held them above her head. She could have pulled away but didn't. I gave the left nipple to same treatment.

"Oh, Petey, I have been dreaming of this!" she said, breathing heavily. "Don't play with me, I want you inside me, now. And I know you are up for it, so don't be gentle. I need you now!"

Fiona reached under the pillow for a condom while I removed the last of my clothes. She tore the foil open and was about to reach for my cock, but I needed to taste her pussy first. I scooted down the bed and kissed her navel, quickly moving down to a golden triangle.

Yes, she was a genuine redhead.

I kissed the swollen lips and tongued the moist slit: even the little nub was prepared for action.

"Come up here you beast" she said and rolled the condom over my cock. "Now fuck me, and hard. This is not a love scene: I need a good hard fuck!"

So instructed, I lined up my plunger to the entrance and dived inside. I couldn't just go full bore, but Fiona had other ideas and pulled my backside towards her forcefully. I slid all the way into a boiling but slippery cylinder. Just a little bit smaller diameter than the piston. Her legs wrapped themselves around me and held me in place for a while: 10 seconds? Half a minute?

I looked down at her, her eyes closed, a big smile on her face.

"I need more, come on: let's have some action!"

I withdrew to half length, then gave her the full depth treatment slowly. She squirmed and pulled me in again.

"Stop teasing and do me properly you bastard" she said through gritted teeth. So I did, and she came after about a minute, her body going rigid and her breath coming in short shallow panting.

I stayed in her for a while and remained hard, not knowing quite how to go on. She pulled me down to kiss me gently, close-mouthed. Then her eyes opened and she smiled.

"That was OK, for a first time. Remember, I know a lot about you and what you can do, so I'm not going to go easy on you. You're going to work a lot harder than that before you get breakfast!"

So saying, she rolled the condom off and took me in her mouth, and cleaned me. Her eyes never left mine.

"I need to be on top this time," she said, pushing me down on my back. "And of course you're still hard. Such a gentleman! We'll have to do something about that."

At this point we were both naked. I hoped she was right about her sister being away, I didn't fancy being disturbed. On the other hand, I didn't quite know what was expected. Apart from the mutual learning sessions with Em and a single night with Sophie, I still felt naive. I was wondering what would come next but Fiona knew: she seemed experienced.

Another condom and my partner did the honours, rolling it down over my stiff pole while she knelt astride me, rising up high on her knees to find the best angle. A rub of the mushroom head against her opening and she slowly settled down to the base, hands on my chest and a broad grin on her face.

"I'm enjoying this a lot: Sophie said you might surprise me! I hope you don't have anyone else here in town, at least for the time being, Petey?" she asked.

"Nah," I replied. "Only been here a few weeks. There's a couple of girls in the lab and all the nurses of course, but I've been a bit busy just settling in."

"So, that's settled," Fiona stated conclusively: "I'll being expecting you on a regular basis" as she started to rock to and fro, gradually increasing the friction. At one point I rose up so I could molest her, my arms around her, my mouth on her swollen nipples. She, trying to get away but unable to do so.

Into the evening we continued, changing positions, finding our way around each other's body. I was learning how each woman had her more and less-sensitive spots, ways and speed of response, and, well differences.

We took a break around 10 o'clock and sat cross-legged on the floor with a glass of wine and some left-over spaghetti. Food helped me recover fast, and Fiona too. We slipped back into bed around 11 and snuggled up together, still exploring each other's body.