Upstairs Downstairs Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I know that Marianne got a thrill from me watching her last time, and I enjoyed watching her too, more than I care to admit to her or probably to myself. But this surely isn't healthy for me to keep getting off while listening or watching my wife having sex. Although It's hard to keep myself from jacking off to the erotic scene I'm hearing from upstairs, I managed to will myself downstairs and into the shower.

Even standing there under the hot water, it was hard for me to not masturbate to the sounds I'd just heard. Fuck this, I need to get myself together. Enough of this already.

After drying myself off, I was thinking about crashing, but I could still hear them upstairs. I knew I'd be fighting a losing battle if I laid there listening to them. So, instead I turned on my TV, sat on my couch in my living room downstairs and watched some sports highlights to pass the time until they're done.

About thirty minutes later I thought I heard Marianne talking with Shawn near the front door, she must be saying goodbye to him, I guess. Shortly after, my wife stuck her head inside my living room before walking over and sitting beside me on the couch.

"I didn't know you were home already, are you okay?" Marianne asked me during an ad break on the TV.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I heard you two going at it when I got home, so I figured I'd shower and watch some TV until you were done." I replied.

"I'm sorry, I know this hasn't been easy for you, for either of us. I did however just tell Shawn that tonight was our last time together."

"You didn't have to do that. I thought we agreed that we wouldn't change anything until I could figure out what I wanted. I wasn't asking you to stop seeing him just yet." I responded.

"I know, it just didn't feel right for me to be with him anymore. When we were done tonight, all I could think about was you, that's what helped me make that decision. I don't need Shawn in my life, I do need you, though." Marianne replied to me.

I reached my hand out and took hers in mine, we continued to sit there and watch the sports news before I decided to turn the TV off so I could speak with her. One way or the other, I needed to make a decision about us, and maybe talking with my wife right now was the best way for me to get there.

"Can I ask you why? Why do you still want to be with me after everything I've put you through. Most sensible women would've walked away a long time ago." I asked my wife.

Marianne reached out with her other hand and stroked the side of my face.

"Because I still love you. It's been so hard to watch you spiral downwards after the financial crash, with you losing your job and blaming yourself for everything that went wrong. It didn't matter what I tried though, you wanted to punish yourself, to push me away. But I knew you weren't doing that because you didn't love me, it was the opposite. I knew that you felt ashamed for having let me down, and I couldn't convince you otherwise."

"But how can you still love me now? I wanted us to separate, I started sleeping with other women, I even dated another woman for months, almost moving in with her. Why haven't you seen me for the lost cause I am, and just move on with your life?" I followed up.

"I almost did, I wanted to a few times. But in the end, I still had hope that somehow, you'd come around. That you'd realize that I was still here for you, that I still loved you. I just couldn't give up on you, I just couldn't." Marianne responded.

I nodded my head in response, then raised and kissed her hand softly. Marianne then leaned over against me, snuggling into my side and resting her head on my chest. I put my arm around her, holding her as we sat there in silence for a good ten minutes.

Eventually Marianne said goodnight before getting up and going upstairs to have a shower before bed. Something had now changed between us though; I again felt that connection with my wife that I hadn't felt in a few years. I now know that I really do want our marriage to work, that I need to at least try. I got up and followed my wife upstairs to her bathroom, she was already in the shower as I entered.

I was half expecting Marianne to say something, to ask me what I was doing, but she didn't once she saw me standing there. Instead, she opened the door to the shower as if asking me to join her. I stripped off and did just that.

The moment I stepped into the shower, we embraced, holding each other in a way we haven't for eighteen months now. My wife is resting her head on my chest as I'm just enjoying the moment, holding her naked body under the warm water.

Marianne raises her head from my chest to look up into my eyes once more, she now leans forward as our mouths meet and we kiss for the first time in forever. Softly at first, but our passion for each other soon takes over. My hands wander all over her wonderful body as we continue to passionately kiss, almost not wanting to stop or even breathe.

After what seems like minutes, we pause, looking into each other's eyes before both of us begin laughing. It's like a huge pressure valve has just been released somehow, that we are finally back together again, it feels like home. Marianne again rests her head back against my chest, stroking my back with her hands while letting out a deep sigh.

"I've missed you so much, I've missed this so much." Marianne softly tells me.

"Yeah, I can't believe it's taken me so long to realize what was right in front of me the whole time. I'm not going to ever put you through anything like this ever again, I swear." I replied.

"Just promise me that you'll love me, that's all I want." Marianne replied.

"Oh, I'm going to love you alright, every damn night, sometimes twice." I responded while laughing as well.

It was comforting waking up in my old bedroom, the one I used to share with my wife. Marianne and I had sex after our shower last night, not an energetic sex session like what she'd had with Shawn earlier last night, but a far more intimate type of lovemaking. It was more about us being together again, reuniting after not having had sex with each other for over eighteen months.

Thursday and Friday were business as usual, going to my new job and then to work at the bar afterwards. I slept downstairs again when I got home both nights as I didn't want to wake Marianne up at well after 3am in the morning.

On Saturday we went to the markets together once I dragged myself out of bed, it was good spending time with Marianne, just us being a couple and doing 'couple' things. We even held hands at times, it was strange, it felt kind of like when we were first dating years ago in college. Saturday night I went back to work at the bar, again sleeping downstairs on my return. Tasha was at the bar last night too, I again declined her invitation to come home with me, I just want to be with my wife now and no-one else.

On Sunday, I finished doing some jobs around the house before having a late lunch with Marianne. I headed over to visit Gary in the afternoon, both he and Sonia were happy that I was finally getting back together with my wife.

When I got home later that afternoon, I showered before sitting down on the couch in my living room downstairs to have a beer and watch some sports. That's when Marianne entered the room, sitting on the couch beside me.

"Do you want a beer, Mazzy? I got a six pack in my bar fridge if you want one." I asked her.

"No thanks, I'm good." Marianne responded as she got comfortable beside me watching an MMA fight replay from an event last night.

"This is so violent; I don't know how so many people watch this." She offered after we'd been watching the first round of the fight.

"We can watch something else if you like, this is a replay, I can watch it later." I replied.

"It's okay, I have to do some ironing to get my clothes ready for work in a minute, then I'll start dinner. I wanted to ask if you'd like to eat upstairs with me tonight. It'd be nice to have a meal with my husband for a change, instead of by myself."

"Yeah, for sure. I'd love that." I answered and with that Marianne made her way back upstairs.

Dinner was great, Marianne has always been a great cook. She made us a wonderful ravioli dish tonight, and after we both watched a movie together, I followed that up by making love to my wife afterwards.

Over the next few days, we seemed to be getting into a nice groove, going to work, then sharing the cooking duties when Mazzy gets home from the gym. Usually, I'd do the sides while Marianne cooks the main meal. We'd then watch TV for a bit before making our way to the bedroom for some fun.

Having to go to work at the bar for the three nights in a row interrupted our flow this week, and I started to think about quitting. I didn't need the money it brought in as much now, and I didn't need the women I could pick up at the bar either. Maybe it's time, if we're going to be together, let's do this properly.

So, on Saturday night, I spoke with Sonia when I was able to take a short break during the evening. She accepted my resignation without trying to talk me out of it, I think she knew this was going to happen once I was back with my wife. Sonia did say that if I needed the money or if things didn't work out, that I'd be welcomed back. While having lunch with Marianne on Sunday, I gave her the news about my bar job, informing her that I'd resigned. Marianne was happy, she understood what it meant, and why I did it.

We both enjoyed our Sunday dinner together later that night, chatting and smiling like we always used to. I felt that we were truly back to what we were before the disasters of late 2008 and the financial mess we then found ourselves in.

The following week progressed well, I had lunch with Rachel each day and sometimes Tessa would join us too. Marianne takes lunch at a different time and always spends it with Cara, we don't need to be together all of the time anyway. I've now moved permanently back into the master bedroom with Marianne, and I've enjoyed dining with my wife each and every night before we head upstairs for some great sex.

On Sunday afternoon I went over to Gary's place as usual, this time not only was Sonia there, but Beverly and her new boyfriend too. I thought it'd be a bit weird and uncomfortable, but it was okay. In a way I was happy for her, her new boyfriend seemed like a decent guy. What would I be concerned about anyway, I'm now happily back in love with my wife once more.

Later that night as I laid in bed enjoying the afterglow of just having fucked Marianne, I thought about how happy I am right now, how lucky I was to be in love with my wife once again. The only annoying issue I have is that I think of them, my wife and Shawn, images in my head of them fucking when we're in the middle of having sex. Those memories may turn me on in the moment, but they also leave me with some concern as well.

I know Marianne's delighted to be back with me, that it's what she wanted. While I know that she enjoys the sex we have together, I also know that I don't make her moan and groan when we fuck like she did with Shawn. I'm also unable to make her cum like she did with him either. Marianne would cum so many more times with him, with such an intensity that she never reaches when I do sometimes make her cum myself.

I do remember back to the conversation with Gary however, that it doesn't matter because she loves me and not him, that it would eat away at me in the end to dwell on these thoughts. While he might be right, thinking about them together also raises my level of excitement when we're fucking. It makes me want to fuck her even better, even harder, as if I'm trying to prove myself to her that I'm just as good as her former lover. A little childish perhaps, but that's what's been happening.

I know that in truth I'll never be able to fuck my wife the way I watched and heard Shawn doing time after time. That's just something I'm going to have to come to terms with. Not all men are created equal, I guess.

On Monday at work during lunch, I finally told Rachel that Marianne and I were back together again.

"Yeah, I already knew. Marianne told me last week, well, she told Cara who told me, then I asked Marianne who confirmed it." Rachel replied with a laugh.

"You women really do like to gossip, don't you?" I replied, not expecting a response.

"Well, it's a big deal around here. We're all happy for you, especially Katie in accounting who works with your wife. She's over the moon." Rachel responded while still laughing.

"Katie? I'm not even sure if I've ever met her. Why would she be happy for me?"

"She's not happy for you exactly, she's happy that your wife isn't with Shawn anymore. She just split from her husband of six years recently and she told us that she hasn't been fucked properly in all that time. Well, she's heard how good Shawn is, so she's happy that your wife is now out of the picture, that maybe she can have some fun with him now." Rachel responded.

"Well, glad I could help her out, I guess." I replied while chuckling as well.

"Hold on, you said she heard how good he is, do you women all talk about which guys you've been with, and which ones are good in bed?" I followed up.

"Well, yeah. Of course we do. It's the only way we can weed out all the guys that can't fuck or have small dicks. No-one wants to go through all that effort and then have some guy lay on you that's useless or has a little wiener. What a waste of time." Rachel replied while laughing out aloud, attracting the attention of other people in the diner.

"Jeez, Rachel. Keep it down, some of the guys in here might get nervous with talk like that." I responded.

"Let them, they're the guys that never get laid anyway. A bit like Kevin. The poor guy wonders why he can't get a good woman, it's because he's only got a little noodle." Rachel joked as she held up and wriggled her little finger for effect.

"That's a bit mean. Besides, how would you know? Have you been cheating on Derrick with Kevin?"

"Oh, God no! We all know because he asked out one of the receptionists last year and they got a little frisky on their second date. Once she felt what he was packing, or wasn't packing to be more precise, she made an excuse to go home. That was it for little Kevin as far as women in our office are concerned. We're brutal if you haven't figured that out yet." Rachel smiled as she responded.

"So, how did you all find out about Shawn being so good? From my wife?" I asked.

"No, although she did only have good things to say about him. But she's like number five or six in our office to ride that meat train. Another woman was first that I know of, I won't say who because she's still happily married. Anyway, she told us about him, and after that a number of women from our office started going to his gym and have been trying to hook-up with him ever since, especially the married ones like your wife. It's no wonder he never wants to be in a serious relationship, he's getting way too much married pussy to ever be tied down." Rachel responded as she gave me a cheeky grin.

"Good to know that a lot of the married women in our office like to cheat on their husbands. But why do they only want to sleep with Shawn and not want something more from him than that?" I replied.

"Because Shawn isn't boyfriend material. He isn't going to take us out to dinner or to the movies, he's not going to cuddle with us on the couch at night or go meet our parents. That's what the other guys are for, the husbands and boyfriends. They just don't know that their wives or girlfriends are also fucking someone way better than them when they tell them they're 'at the gym' or 'going out with their girlfriends'. They're clueless, most guys are." Rachel replied, grinning widely.

"Why do they even bother staying married then if they don't love their husbands?"

"They do love their husbands, and their husbands do serve a purpose, just maybe not for giving them all of their sexual pleasure, however. Besides, most women in relationships cheat on their boyfriends and husbands' way more than their guys can ever imagine. It's so much easier for us to get some stud to fuck us than it is for you guys to pick up a hot chick. Most guys would freak the fuck out if they actually ever found out how many different men their loving wives or girlfriends have really had, before or after they've met them." Rachel continued.

"Both men and women cheat, I guess. Although, I would've thought most people would probably have about the same level experience with how many people they've had sex with if they're both young, like twenty-five for example. Guys like to sleep around too." I responded.

"No, it's not even close. For most of my girlfriends who are around that age, they've slept with at least two to three times more guys than their guys have had women, sometimes far more than that. Women usually say like five to ten men depending on their age whenever their guy asks them about how many men they've slept with." Rachel replied.

"Why lie about it? Oh, they don't want to be labelled a slut, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, but the fact that you guys believe whatever number we give you is the funniest part. You act like studs when you tell us twelve or fifteen, like you've got all the experience in the world. Meanwhile, I doubt there's a woman that's twenty-five that's had less than thirty guys, at least thirty. For most it'd probably be a lot closer to the fifty mark or above and I'm not talking about sluts here, just regular women. Sluts would be in the hundreds by the time they're twenty-five. Unless we're talking about ugly and fat women or girls that have been in one relationship the entire time since they were like eighteen." Rachel replied.

"So, if most women are having way more sex, who are the guys they're sleeping with and where do they find them?" I asked, although I already think I know the answer.

The bar I was working at had a few Chads that always hung out there, and I would see them take home a different woman almost every night they showed up. Most guys go home empty handed, but not the handsome Chads.

"We all have our places we go to pick up hot guys, we never use those same places to meet nice guys for dating though. It'd be too easy for our dates to know the truth. And when it comes to finding studs like Shawn, we're all over it. We're like ninja's, we find out from each other who the hot guys are that are worth fucking, then we go after them and have our fun without anyone else ever knowing. We especially keep that part of our lives a secret from any nice guys who we may want to be in a relationship with later. Most women would make terrific secret agents, that shit is like second nature to us." Rachel finished as she laughed even more.

"Okay, I get it. All you women are out there taking turns fucking a handful of hot Chads while all the normal nice guys go without. And then if they're lucky, the nice guys get to marry those same women years later when they're done banging all the Chads. Luckily, I'd like to think that I'm not one of the nice guys." I responded with my own wide grin.

"No, you're not. You're nothing like a Kevin, you're probably more like a Chad. But even so, just remember to keep things fresh with your wife because if she gets bored, you don't want her to start thinking about you know who once more." Rachel replied with a smirk.

"Yeah, I'll do my best." I replied as we finished our lunch before returning to work.

The next few weeks flew by, and I couldn't be any happier. My relationship with Marianne was getting even better, and my job was going great as well. If I look back to where I was just five or six weeks ago now, working two crappy jobs and hoping to get laid once in a while with some desperate drunk chick at the bar, to where I'm at now, it's night and day.