Gobbing Off

Story Info
Man falls for his female goblin best friend.
21.7k words
4.78
13.1k
54
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zamairiac
Zamairiac
226 Followers

And here we are again!

The last story managed to unnerve the lot of you, made you sympathize with all characters and make you question who you should root for.

But have no fear, this story is going to be much less disturbing.

Although I won't lie, it's going to make some of you pretty mad. Why?

You'll see!

Begin!

Gobbing Off

...

Mating - A magical bond that can occur between a Monster and another Monster, or a Monster and a Human. Allows them to feel the others emotion, see their memories and allows telepathic connection. The process is protected by a multitude of laws and is considered sacred in the Monster community.

...

Youth and stupidity often go hand in hand.

More often than not they tend to go hand in hand with a smile on their face and a song in their heart.

And sometimes it results in a consequence you weren't prepared to pay.

Sometimes...sometimes the innocent suffer because of your actions. Sometimes you see the world through a tinted lens of hate and decide to pull a 'joke'.

Not caring about the result of it.

My name is Ryan Berry. I'm a sturdy, sort of tall bloke with wild messy brown hair and light blue eyes. I'm not really very memorable to look at. Hell the most memorable thing about me is the small scar on my right eyebrow.

Nah, if anyone was to remember me, it would be because of who my best friend was.

Her name is Zoe Tinker and she's a Goblin.

And by Goblin I don't mean one of those unattractive, man eating, dirty creatures from fantasy games of the past. Oh no, Zoe was nothing like that.

Barely coming up to my waist at a mere four-feet tall, Zoe was actually rather tall for her kind. The average height being around three-foot-five. Her skin was a light shade of green as was most Goblins, and her black hair was always done up in a perpetual ponytail.

She had the most vulnerable magenta eyes and the biggest ears I'd ever seen. Pointed, flappy and green, with a few studs and single hoop attached to the left ear.

A cultural thing, she'd told me.

But out of all of those things, out of all of her visible traits. It was her smile that drew her to me in the beginning. Warm, toothy and hopeful. Hoping against hope that the lonely looking boy would see her, would realize she was just as lonely and ask to be her friend.

I did.

It was the greatest choice of my life, but one that came with consequences. Consequences that I understood very quickly.

Allow me to tell you my story.

Her story.

Our story.

The story of how two young teenagers barely past the age of eighteen became the victims of a terrible joke.

One that threatened to change our lives forever, for better or for worse.

It all began...

...

...

...

Ryan POV

The centre of the college building was, quite frankly, fucking huge. There was a cafeteria with tables and chairs slap bang in the centre of the room. A great spiral walkway went up and up at least eight stories high, reaching the apex of the building with a great glass ceiling that showed the crappy British weather above.

Humans and Monsters both were walking, running and in two cases sprinting like their lives depended on it around the place.

I'd never seen one place so completely stuffed with diversity.

"Hey lemme see!" a female voice called out, her tone surprisingly throaty and sensual for such a small Monster.

"Want me to pick you up?" I asked, smirking at the rapid twitching her ears gave as she shot me an annoyed glance. "I could put you on my shoulders like a big baby?"

"Touch me and I'll bite you," she snipped, blowing her fringe out of her eyes before quickly dashing behind me and leaping onto my back.

I grunted at the sudden weight but was used to it so rapidly acclimated.

'Zoe's still as light as ever...and still as pushy.'

"You ever gonna ask to do that or do I need to get one of those kiddy vests for you to climb in?" I grouched, huffing as I straightened up.

"Shut it, I'm tryin' to see!" she said, ignoring me as she peered over my head. "Holy cow, I've never seen so many people before. Look over there! That's a fuckin' Kitsune. When's the last time you saw one of them slumin' it out with us peasants, eh?"

I glanced at the Kitsune in question, a pretty blond with large tits and a smouldering gaze. As if sensing my staring, she stopped talking to her buddy and blushed a little as our eyes met, her tails wagging a touch in response before she gave me a smile and turned back to her friend.

"Oi, don't stare at her!" Zoe said, laughing. "You'll creep her out with those beady little eyes of yours."

"My eyes are not beady!"

"Scrunchy then."

"Zoe I swear I'll chuck you in a bin."

"You wouldn't do that to me...again, right?"

I peered over my shoulder at her, our noses almost meeting as I gave her a light glare. She kept eye contact with me for about three seconds before huffing and hopping nimbly off my back, brushing her clothes with a light swipe as she did so.

In my honest opinion, her leather jacket, crop top, tattered jeans and laced up boots were quite frankly adorable on her.

And no matter how many times she decreed that it made her look twice as cool as a Wolf Girl, who were known to wear the attire quite often, my opinion of such never changed.

"So where do we go from ere'?" she asked, her pointy teeth visible for a moment as she licked her lips, a nervous tick she'd had for as long as I could remember.

"Not a fucking clue." I admitted, stuffing my hands into my hoodie and shrugging. "Was here last month at that induction thing, but they didn't show the actual place."

She grinned and punched my leg lightly. "Then let's find the reception dude and ask them."

Rolling my eyes, Zoe and I quickly managed to find the 'reception dude' who was easily able to direct us down to where our course was being held.

We entered the door and both marvelled at the fancy and expensive looking equipment. Granted I didn't really know what the majority of it was, but that's why I was there, to learn.

Zoe on the other hand...

"Ryan look at this!" she crowed, dragging me over and hopping excitedly on the spot as she pointed at...something? "I've never seen an angle grinder so fuckin' good. Look at it!"

"Can't wait to use it," I agreed, smiling at her enthusiasm.

She gave a cackle of glee and hopped onto a chair, smacking the lever on its side and beaming like a loon as it quickly put her at eye level with me.

"This course is gonna be fuckin' brilliant Ryan!" she decreed, punching her palm with a wild toothy grin. "We're gonna ace it then my dad's gonna let us apprentice under him and we're gonna be fuckin' set for life!"

"Fuck yeah we will!" I said, holding up my hand and laughing as she high fived it without a moments pause. "We've got it all figured out."

And we did, really.

Zoe and I had long since decided to join her dads company. I could still remember the awe I felt as a much younger Zoe had dragged me around, enthusiastically explaining every little bit about all the equipment we saw.

It hadn't taken much more for my then eleven year old self to decide I wanted to work with tools. And Zoe's dad was a master of them all.

Carpentry, machinist, welder, builder. He was every single one of those things and both Zoe and I wanted to be too.

My parents weren't very pleased of course and had tried over the years to introduce me to other things, hoping I'd change my mind. But I never did, I wouldn't and couldn't.

I didn't care that he wasn't Human. I cared that he was able to do all those things and still smile like a nutter.

'Just like Zoe.'

"Is that a bloody Gob?" a voice said, it's tone somewhat nasal, as if their nose was stuffed and runny.

Blinking in surprise, I turned to face the voice and frowned at the disgusted expression on a Pig Mans face.

The bloke was, like most of his kind, quite rotund. With squinty eyes and a pigs snout for a nose, the red faced Monster wasn't exactly what one could call attractive. And while I wasn't usually one to judge on first appearances, the word he'd used to describe Zoe was quite frankly disgusting.

Using Gob for Goblins was akin to using the N word for black Humans. It was vile, petty and revolting.

"The fuck did you just say buddy?" I asked, standing up and moving a bare few inches from the Pig Man. "I know it wasn't what I thought it was. Cause if it was then we're gonna have a fucking problem. And believe me, you don't want a problem."

He squinted at me for a few moments before snorting as two others walked up from behind him, both of them Pig Men too.

"Oh real scary," I said, sneering at them. "Three fat fucks as opposed to one. I'm fucking trembling over here."

I looked at one and snorted loudly. "What're you gonna do tubs, eat me?"

"Ryan stop it."

I looked down at the sudden tugging at my top and frowned at Zoe. She wasn't looking at me but rather the floor, her large ears drooping and previous enthusiasm gone.

"I'm not just gonna let them-"

"Yes you are!" she snapped, looking up at me, her eyes shiny for a moment before she glared at the Pigs. "Yeah, I'm a Gob. So fuckin' what? You got a problem with me then take it up with me, don't call me names like a fuckin' tween on her first period."

The main Pig leered at her for a moment, forcing Zoe to grip my top harder as I tensed up.

"Fine then," he said, sneering at her. "Nobody here wants a Gob in this course. I don't give a fuck what your Mate here thinks."

Zoe flushed lightly before she mumbled. "He's not my Mate."

The Pig Man blinked in surprise before glancing at me and shaking his head. "Fucking balls on you, Human, being close to a Gob like her."

I twitched at the slur, my patience evaporating. "Call her that ONE MORE FUCKING TIME AND I'LL-"

"ENOUGH!"

The lot of us jumped as a muscled man roughly in his mid-fifties entered the room, his face hard and expression dangerous as he glared at us all.

He was wearing protective gear and large overalls that would've looked silly on me. But one look at his steely grey eyes, rough beard and bald head took the wind completely out of that sail.

This man was hard as fuck, a single glance was enough to tell me as much.

"Sit down, all of you!" he barked, his eyes daring us to argue.

I gave the Pigs a filthy look before moving back to the table and sitting down, Zoe hopping much less eagerly onto the one beside me.

'I can't stand to see her like this...'

Her ears were still drooped down and her gaze was firmly planted on the wooden surface of the table.

I slid my hand over and gently took hers, grinning lightly at her surprise before I felt her give it a gentle squeeze, her lips slowly twisting into a small smile.

'That's more like it.'

"Now I don't know what you think this is," the man said, snapping my attention back onto him. "But it isn't high school. You're in an adult environment learning how to use tools that could take your hands clean off if misused. So don't think that I'll think twice about kicking you off the course if I see so much as a hint of childishness."

He looked at the Pig Men and then me, his glare softening as he looked at Zoe.

"Do you understand?" he asked, his tone hard, firm.

A loud murmur of agreement rang out before he sighed and went over to a white board.

"Then lets get started," he began. "My name is Mark Mellor but until you've earned my respect you will all call me Sir, do you understand?"

Again a loud murmur of agreement answered him as he nodded once.

"Good. This course is not for those who do not understand respect. If you cannot respect the tools your are using, the people you work with, the environment you work in. Then you will never complete this course."

He went on to explain the course aims and then moved onto describing some of the tools we'd be learning how to use in the first year. I couldn't help but be drawn to it all. The way he explained everything showed a clear passion and dedication to his craft.

Going by Zoe's rapt attention and wide toothy smile, she was much the same way.

"...and that is all for now," Mark finished, putting down his whiteboard pen. "Please do try to remember that our next lesson begins tomorrow morning at nine am, not nine thirty. Understood?"

"Yes sir," we all said.

"Good," he replied, glancing at me. "You, stay behind for a moment. You too Miss Tinker."

Zoe and I looked at each other for a moment before shrugging. Eventually everyone else left and Mark leaned on the table with his hands, his eyes piercing through the both of us in silence for a second or two.

"Those Pig Men gave you some trouble didn't they?" he asked knowingly.

"They called her a...well, you heard what they called her," I replied, anger laced in my tone merely remembering it.

"I did," he answered, rubbing his eyes and sighing. "Look, I get it, I've been there. But giving them attention is what they want. If you can work on keeping that temper down then this course will fly by in no time."

"But-"

"Leave the punishment to me, Mr Berry," he cut across, his face hard. "If they're foolish enough to start something in my workshop then they're in for a rude awakening."

His face softened as he turned to face Zoe. "Can I count on you to help me keep the peace, Miss Tinker?"

Her droopy ears perked up and she nodded twice, a toothy grin on her face as she gave me a cheeky wink. "I can keep him in line, don't worry about it."

"Zoe!"

Mark chuckled, a sound I didn't believe he was capable of. "Good. Then that'll be all, off with you."

We were halfway out the door before he called out for Zoe again, catching her attention.

"I don't take stock in anything those...boys said, but you are sorted in regards to it, yes?"

Zoe blinked but nodded, a weak smile on her face as he waved us off once again.

We were halfway back to the cafeteria before she finally spoke, her voice clearly irritated.

"Sometimes I really hate being me," she said, snorting angrily as she looked at me. "How do you put up with it all the time, Ryan?"

I blinked, confused. "With what?"

"Being my friend."

I stopped walking and gaped at her, not quite believing what I was hearing. "I'm going to choose to ignore that question, Zoe. Because it's stupid and I can't believe you even had to ask it."

She looked at me, frustration on her face. "But how do you-"

"Because you're my best friend and I care for you," I cut across, scowling at her. "Seriously Zoe, are you really gonna let those stupid Pigs make you question our friendship?"

"No," she mumbled, licking her lips as she wrung her hands together.

"Then don't ask me that again," I said, annoyed more at myself then her as I forced my temper to cool down.

Kneeling down, I pulled her into a hug and smiled as she buried her head against my shoulder.

"Zoe you're my best friend and nobody is going to change that," I said, my tone firm but kind. "I don't care about what they think. I don't care about what they say. And I certainly don't care about that. You've been on top of it since year nine and I've never had any reason to believe you'd slip up."

She didn't say anything for a few seconds, merely squeezing me harder. Eventually she let go and moved back, her face a little bit flushed as she looked at me.

'Guess it is a bit hot in here, her fault for wearing leather.'

"I'm sorry," she said quietly. "I didn't mean to question our friendship. I just...I dunno how you put up with all the shit that comes with it."

"With a smile on my face and a song in my heart," I quipped, grinning as she gave me her patented toothy smile. "There's my little gremlin."

Her face went bright red. "You know I hate it when you call me that."

"Which is why I love it so much," I snarked, smirking as she rolled her eyes.

She grinned at me and for a moment our eyes locked, a strange sensation tickling inside my stomach until it disappeared, leaving a pleasant tingle behind.

I blinked and looked away first, frowning slightly.

'What was that?'

Forty minutes later and we both arrived at our respective houses...which just so happened to be right next to each other.

"Cya later neighbour!" she chirped, flashing me her trademark grin, her pearly whites gleaming in the sunlight.

"Do I have a choice?" I asked, my tiny smirk the only thing belaying my amusement at our inside joke.

"Only til tomorrow!"

"Then I'll see you later."

"Yep!"

Chuckling, I went inside my home and smiled at the smell of gammon cooking in the oven.

My home wasn't anything big or grand, but it was enough for my parents and I. Downstairs consisted of a sparse front room with a frayed couch and barely functioning television.

A kitchen with a medium sized fridge, mostly working oven and a broken microwave, and of course the downstairs loo.

That sometimes refused to flush.

Upstairs wasn't any more extravagant. There were three rooms, one was mine, the other was my parents and the last was a bathroom that contained a working toilet and small shower.

To the outside world it would probably look like a poverty stricken hovel.

But to me it was home.

"Is that you Ryan?" Mom asked, poking her tired face around the kitchen to smile at me. "Did you have a good first day?"

Mom was the typical picture of a hard working mother. Messy brown hair, bags under her blue eyes and a body that had never really recovered from my birth.

But her smile drew you from all of that. It was like a warm blanket and bundle of happiness all at once.

"It was pretty good yeah," I replied, accepting her hug with the minimal amount of reluctance expected of an 'independent' eighteen year old. "Zoe and I can't wait to get started."

"That's nice dear," she said, her smile quivering only slightly at Zoe's name. "I'm glad you two are having fun."

"Mom," I intoned, frowning at her.

She frowned back and sighed slightly, hands going to her hips as she looked at me.

"I don't disapprove dear," she began, the tell-tale signs of yet another Zoe rant incoming. "I've never disapproved of your friendship with her, she's a lovely girl. It's just that-"

"We're both older and on our own without teachers to keep an eye on us all the time," I finished, weary of the same words coming from her. "Mom, seriously stop. Zoe isn't going to do anything to me. We've been close friends since year seven and nothing has happened. Why are you and dad acting like she's going to infect me or something now? I don't get it."

Mom gave me one of her long suffering sighs. "I know you've been close for a long time, and that's what worries me. You and I both know that Goblins are the most Mated species of Monster in the world for a reason."

She held up a hand as I made to speak. "I'm not saying that it'll happen Ryan. I'm just suggesting that maybe you and her create a little space so that it doesn't have any reason to."

"I'm not going to treat her like a leper, Mom," I snapped, frustrated. "Why don't you and dad understand us! We're just friends, good friends. Neither of us is interested in becoming anything more than that."

Mom pursed her lips and sighed again. "You might not, but I wouldn't be so sure about Zoe honey, a mother knows these things."

Zamairiac
Zamairiac
226 Followers