Vanessa's Mistake Pt. 02: Fin

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My face was a mess, and every breath I took was accompanied by extreme pain. My left eye was now swollen shut. My nose needed to be fixed as it was now crooked, and my lip hurt like hell. It looked like I had just gone three rounds with Conor McGregor. More painkillers and a short nap helped me get through the rest of the morning. We were brought a food tray and told to be ready to leave in four hours."

Four more hours of Hell and I'd have my freedom and escape this nightmare. Was Vanessa planning to go home with me? From the looks of it, she'd be staying with her new husband. This really sucked and I can't imagine they thought I'd go along with all of this.

I took more painkillers and tried to cope with the pain. My face was getting worse, and the ice packs weren't stopping the swelling. I knew something was broken and needed medical attention when I got home

Apparently, no one had noticed anything about my beating, but as I was being escorted to my waiting car, Vanessa looked out from the car window where she was waiting and saw me limping and battered. She ran out to meet me while my luggage was being stowed.

"Baby, what happened, are you OK?" she said, gently touching my face.

I backed away, looked at her with one eye and just said, "Fuck You!"

She recoiled from my anger and my words. Vanessa had never seen me so angry or used such words toward her in all the years of our marriage. Everyone looked over and saw the pain I was in as I carefully sat down in the driver's seat. I probably had a broken rib in addition to the injuries on my face, but I wasn't going to say a word or complain about my condition. I was surprised that she wanted to ride home with me. I had actually expected to ride alone, but there she was. My loving wife, talking to me and trying to nurture my feelings. This was so fucked up.

The first hour of the ride was uncomfortably quiet. During the ride, I groaned in pain at every little bump in the road. Between the pain from my injuries and my wife's adultery, I was in no mood to talk or hold a conversation, but after the first hour, Vanessa could no longer stand the silence.

"Honey, everything will be OK. You can tell me what happened if you want, but when we get back, I'm going to take you to the doctor and get you fixed up. We'll be fine, honey, and we can put this weekend behind us and spend the rest of your lives together, just you and me."

My wife had either lost her mind or her brain had been taken over by aliens. I didn't know what to do and couldn't think straight between my pain and anger at the women sitting next to me. I didn't say a single word during the entire four-hour ride, and Vanessa was visibly worried and shaken by my injuries and the fact that I wasn't talking to her.

Vanessa's reflections of the weekend:

That was so much fun, and I'm so glad we finally got to spend some time together. Being with him at this resort and expressing all the feelings we'd been suppressing all these years made me realize how lucky I am to have a man like Lucas to give me this weekend. I can't wait to be with Lucas again and hold him in my arms. Jackson was a fun guy, but he wasn't my husband and I didn't love him. I think we both realized it was just a one-time thing and now we can both put it behind us forever.

It's time to go, and I'll be back with him in a few minutes. Once I tell him how much I love him and give him a hug, I know everything will be back to normal. I'm waiting in the car when I see him, but why is he limping like that and oh my god what happened to his face. I ran to him and tried to hold him but I could see the pain he was in and asked him what happened. I had never heard him talk to me like that before. When I heard him yelling at me, I realized he was angry.

He looks terrible, and I need to know what happened and how my baby got hurt. Is he mad at me because he got hurt, did I do something? I need to take him home to bed and show him how much I love and appreciate him.

Damn, he's not talking to me. I don't know what to say.

Lucas

Thank God we'll be home soon, the pain is getting worse and I don't know how much more I can take. I've got to get her out of the car and drive to a clinic to get more pain meds.

Before I even pulled into our street, I pressed the garage opener, backed into the driveway and opened the SUV's tailgate. She had to pee and immediately ran into the house when I stopped the car. With difficulty, I took out her luggage, closed the tailgate and drove off. In the rearview mirror, I saw her run to the end of the driveway as I pulled away. Within seconds, I heard my cell phone ring, which had been apparently stashed in the glove compartment. I didn't answer it and just drove to the emergency room of a hospital across town because the pain was getting worse. I drove 30 miles to this hospital, which I hoped was far enough away that she wouldn't find me.

I parked my car and somehow managed to limp into ER. When they saw me, they quickly brought me inside and laid me on one of the ER gurneys. They first took my insurance information and then my vital signs, which were obviously elevated. I lay there waiting for the doctor, with only my cell phone next to me. I had ten calls from Vanessa and a dozen text messages. I realized I needed to let the girls know I was OK, and I turned on Facetime while I waited for treatment.

My girls reacted excitedly and were happy to hear from their daddy, but they screamed when they saw my face. I had to let them know I was OK and what was going on before they talked to their mom.

"Daddy, did you have an accident? Are you OK?"

"Listen, girls, I love you. Just listen. I was beaten up today by your mom's boyfriend's bodyguards and am now I'm in the hospital receiving treatment. I dropped your mom off at home and I'm not going back. I'll explain tomorrow, but don't tell your mom we talked or that I'm at a hospital. She'll call you and I didn't want you to worry. I'm not going to talk to her. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Daddy. Did you say mommy's boyfriend?"

"I'm sorry to say this, but yes. It's been a terrible weekend for me, and I don't know what I'm going to do, but I can't go back home. I'll get back to you, but I didn't want you to worry when your mom calls. She'll be mad because I left her and she doesn't know where I'm. I love you girls, the doctors are here now. I'll call you guys tomorrow. Please remember what I said. I love you guys."

The girls looked at each other and were now crying for their father, who was hurt and in pain. The shock of hearing that mom had a boyfriend made them angry because she had betrayed their father. Of course, their mother called a few minutes later.

"Mom, what have you done to Daddy? He looks terrible, and he's in so much pain. He said your boyfriend's bodyguards beat him up. Are you cheating on Daddy? What's going on?"

Vanessa almost dropped the phone when she heard what the girls said, and now she felt anger when she heard that the bodyguards had beaten him up. Why would they do that?

"Honey, it's not like that. I love your daddy."

"Mom, Daddy said you were with your boyfriend this weekend. Tell the truth, Mom, we believe Daddy. Were you with another man this weekend?"

"Yes, but I don't love him. It was just one time, and your father knew about it."

"Mom, do you think we're stupid? Dad would never let you be with another man. What did you do, Mom?"

"Listen, girls, this is between your father and I. Tell me where he is, I need to see him."

"No, Mom, he made us promise not to tell you, but I can tell you that he's very hurt and angry. He said he won't go home, so I wouldn't wait for him."

Vanessa cried and hung up the video call. The girls knew there were big problems at home, but they had no choice but to wait for their father to call tomorrow. They slept very little because they were worried about their parents.

Examination results

After X-rays and a CT scan, I was told I had internal bleeding, two broken ribs, a broken nose and a broken eye socket. I would be admitted and sedated, and the doctors would discuss treatment the next morning.

While waiting, I was approached by two police officers who asked me what had happened. When I told the admitting nurse that I had been assaulted, it was apparently protocol to notify the police.

I told them the whole story; they took notes and told me they would write a report. That was the last thing I remember when the medication finally knocked me out.

Vanessa's call to Jackson

Vanessa called Jackson and yelled at him after hearing his bodyguards beat Lucas up. Jackson had promised her that Lucas would enjoy the weekend, understand the one-time fling, and not be in any danger. He told her he did not know about the injuries and said he would find out and apologized. Then he thanked her again for the weekend. She was pissed, hung up and threw her phone across the room. Finally, she realized Jackson was not being completely honest and had used her. Her anger rose as she screamed and yelled into the silent house.

He was not coming home, he was hurt and still in pain, and there was nothing she could do. She wanted him to come home and make love to her, and sobbed because she was alone now, without the love of her life.

Hospital next morning

The next morning the doctors came to see me. After sleeping through the night with the help of painkillers, I felt a little better. The doctors said my nose would need surgery, the ribs would heal, and the broken eye socket wouldn't need surgery but would take up to six months to heal.

The nose surgery was scheduled, and I was kept in the hospital for four days until they were satisfied with the overall healing process of my body. I waited until later that night when I knew the girls would be home, and started video chatting.

"Hi girls, I'll be OK. I'm having nose surgery tomorrow and they said my broken ribs and broken eye socket will heal in the next six months. I should be out of here in a few days."

"Oh my God, broken ribs, nose and eye? They sure did a number on you, Daddy."

"Yes, they did, but I'll be fine soon and I'll be as cheerful as I used to be."

"Mommy is really worried about you. Can we tell where you are, Daddy?"

"No, baby. I'm afraid that if she finds out, she'll send her goons to finish me off. The more I think about what she did and how I got beat up, the more I realize I'm not going back home. I don't think I can forgive her. I don't know where I'll go, but it won't be home."

"Do you really think she'd do something like that to you, Dad?"

"Girl, her goons tried to take me out, I don't want to find out if she has something else planned for me."

"We're so sorry, dad. When she called, we noticed she was crying and she begged us to tell her where you were."

"Well, since you don't know where I am, you have nothing to hide. Just tell her that I'm being treated for my injuries and won't be available for the next few days. I won't be answering her calls or texts, so she can stop trying. I love you girls and I'll call you when I can, but right now I need some rest. If you need anything, just call me. I love you guys so much."

The girls cried and hugged each other after the call. Their father had been hurt by their mother's boyfriend. Their world was collapsing beneath their feet, and they were powerless to help. Anger and fear dominated them for the rest of the night, and they prayed that their father would be okay.

Planning before the Surgery

I called my partner at work and told him the sordid story and that I would be out of work for the next week. After 10 years, the business was running itself and my absence would not affect things. I did not tell him which hospital I was in so he would not have to lie to Vanessa. He offered me his rental apartment on the beach, which was not being used at the time, so I could recuperate. That was a relief, and now I had a place to stay. He said he would meet me there when I was ready.

The surgery went well, and I was told my nose would heal perfectly. My left eye was still swollen, and both eyes were now bruised from the surgery. I still had a fat lip from the cut I had sustained, and my nose was stuffed with gauze. I looked as bad as you could imagine and was scared to death when I saw my reflection in the mirror. I was told the swelling and pain would go down in a few days and the medication would help.

The medication actually worked, and the next evening the girls called and persuaded me to call their mother and calm her down because she kept calling them for updates. I argued, but I realized that they loved their mother and I knew I had to talk to her at some point. So I decided to Facetime her after dinner and let her see the results of her fantasy weekend.

The Call to Vanessa:

It was 8 p.m. when her iPhone gave her the Facetime notification. She answered and cried out when she saw what I looked like. She could see that I was in a hospital and hurt worse than she thought.

She cried and apologized again and again. "I'm so sorry. Where are you, let me come to you baby."

"Vanessa, I'm fine, but you're the last person I want to see. Your little escapade ended our marriage and put me in the hospital. The affection you showed him in front of me and the beating your lovers' thugs gave me showed me that you don't care about me. For the past two weeks you've made me believe I was your only love, but you arranged this weekend to destroy me. But Vanessa, all you did was destroy our marriage and my love for you. I'll not be coming home while I recover from my injuries. My broken eye socket will take a longer time to heal and I don't want to lose my sight from the beating I received. I hope your fantasy weekend was everything you wanted it to be, and I hope you have a miserable life without me."

She sobbed and said, "No. It's not like that. He said you agreed to it and knew what we'd do. He promised me you'd have a great weekend and that you'd be happy for us and the money he gave you."

"You're completely insane. The money he gave me was in return for letting him fuck you. You're nothing but a whore. Money for sex, you're so fucking stupid. Did you also agree to drug me? After the drugs started working, he told me he'd fuck you and make you his wife. I couldn't move or stop him.

Was it your idea to lock me in that room with an escort? Whose idea was it to surround me with bodyguards 24/7? I was locked up, had no phone, and couldn't go anywhere without his goons by my side. Did you also tell them to beat me up like that?

I was his prisoner while you became his wife. You even exchanged your wedding rings and made sure I noticed. What evil entity has taken possession of you, Vanessa? What has become of you and where is my wife?

Yes, I saw how quickly you took off the rings you wore for 20 years to become his wife. The pain is too great for me to even consider taking you back after the level of humiliation and betrayal you have done to me. I'm afraid it's over between us, Vanessa. You have destroyed our marriage. It will be difficult, but I'll try to remember those first 20 wonderful years. I've already told the kids about your boyfriend, and they know I'll be OK. Don't worry about me, just move on and please leave me in peace."

"Please baby, it wasn't supposed to be like that. You have to believe me. Please come home. I'll do anything you want. I'll quit my job, I don't want anyone but you, and I never have. I love only you, please don't leave me like this. This is a big misunderstanding; you have to give me a chance to explain."

"I'm sorry, Vanessa. Seeing you two together is something I can't get out of my head. I'm not sure I ever will. I can't begin to explain how much pain you've caused. The pain from your cheating is ten times worse than the beating you arranged for me."

"But it was just a game. We were just pretending, just a fantasy weekend, no love. I swear."

"Really? Tell me, Vanessa...

 How many times did you let him fuck you?

 How many times did he make you cum?

 How many times did you suck his cock?

 How many times did you kiss him and cuddle with him after sex?"

I paused and let these questions sink in and then ended with, "No Vanessa, it was much more than a game. It was about my heart and my love. You threw them both away."

Crying, she kept saying she was sorry and asked me to forgive her.

"Vanessa, don't call me. I'm going to recover from the beatings and heal for a few weeks. I'll call you when I'm better. Please don't try to reach me, the pain you've inflicted on me is too much for me to handle right now."

"I'm so sorry, baby," she said as I ended the call.

Finances

Since I took care of all the household bills and health insurance, all the accounts were in my name. I closed the credit card and transferred all but $5,000 of the funds to my brokerage account, to which only I had access. The income would be enough income to cover the household bills until everything was settled. Money and finances were the least of my worries at that point.

My business was in a trust and would not be considered in a divorce. The prenup would be of no use because the only evidence of her adultery was my battered body. At 39, I still had a few good years left, and I would rebuild my life. There was no question that I needed some revenge, but I have time and I'm a patient man. Realizing that the medication was affecting my cognitive thinking, I discontinued taking any, and focused the pain to my future plans.

Six weeks later:

I finally began to feel like myself again. Living in the condo was a blessing. The morning walks on the beach awakened my spirits. And being able to work remotely helped with my recovery.

When Vanessa heard that Jackson's men had beaten up Lucas, she was so upset that she stopped going to work. Jackson was afraid she would confess to his wife and decided to treat her as nicely as possible until she got over it. He kept her on the payroll putting her on sick leave with the HR department.

For the last two weeks, she was not feeling well and went to the doctor to be examined. The shock of the diagnosis was too great, and when they brought her back from fainting, they confirmed that she was indeed pregnant. 40 years old, and now pregnant and all alone. As if struck by lightning, she realized that the baby had to be Jackson's, since Lucas had undergone a vasectomy two years ago. The tears would not stop, and she now felt lost and alone for the first time in her life.

Because she was still being covered by his insurance company, Lucas always received notifications and test results from the Cleveland Clinic My Chart, which he managed for the family. When he saw that there was a test result, he opened the account and learned that his cheating wife was pregnant. Knowing the baby could not be his, he immediately contacted his attorney and filed divorce papers. The prenuptial agreement would now go into effect. This made it clear to him that there was no reconciliation and no going back. Now it was time for the asshole to pay for his sins as well.

I warned the girls in the morning their mother was being served divorce papers. I explained to them that I had learned something that I could not live with and that their mother would have to explain it to them. I told them again that I loved them and that I would continue to pay for their expenses and school fees.

An hour later, my wife received the divorce papers. She collapsed on the couch and fainted again when she saw the attached pregnancy report. Adultery was the reason for the divorce, and pregnancy was the proof. Jackson was named as the adulterer and father of the baby.