All Comments on 'Vannerbehn's Luck Pt. 04'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
cliqueggecliqueggeover 5 years ago
Really enjoying this ...

Please keep going

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Happy for our janni, sad about maleena

Good chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dang

That turned grim all of a sudden.

Given that the death's "occurred" right at the end I hope that's not the last thing said about it. Kelsen's discussion with Ludianne about being super powerful may imply she could bring them back to life, but only within the walls of Narimac.

I think Sinker would be pretty much ok with having to stay inside all the time, certainly given the descriptions of the female staff. Malena would be less thrilled though.

Would also be a cool way to ascertain the identity of the third person.

In any case I do hope the story will turn back to a lighter tale.

Else it's gonna get pretty mopey with Vannerbehn blaming himself for their deaths the rest of the story.

lastman416lastman416over 5 years ago
Fantastic

Still really enjoying this.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 5 years ago
Aww dammit!

Yet another one of your series I've started reading and that utterly captivated me!

Of course when I started the series I couldn't stop and just my luck that you ended the 4th chapter on such a cliff-hanger!

I don't know whether I should be disgusted with you or congratulate you!

You know how to build a world, you know how to develop characters, you know how to build and keep excitement and it all manages to be both warm, lovely and sexy to boot.

You know what... just don't keep us waiting too long!

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 5 years ago
Aww

Well, the story is good. A bit fast paced with the introduced characters. We meet Malena and find out Kelsen's care for her, but now she is dead. The one woman he felt he could marry, and she is dead. Could this mean more for Kelsen and Pamna? Could this mean he will just be a horn dog? He seems to be a good chap, but I guess only time and the Author's writing will give us clues along the way. Thanks for the time you have put into this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Too much

Very good story, but too much is happening too fast. We need more exposition or longer chapters.

frazodfrazodover 4 years ago

Wow, really into this.

The ending was very sad. I liked both of them...

Fantastically written (as always).

THANKS!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
pattern

i see a pattern to your stories.. something good is always followed by something bad!

anubeloreanubeloreabout 2 years ago

I know it's silly/stupid, but somehow the notion of official, government-sponsored executions of five year olds...hit me harder than the (equally horrific) idea of brigands and murderers (etc) killing the same five year old. Maybe it's the idea of it all being coldly, bureaucratically organized, with forms and everything, the neatly scheduled monstrousness of it... versus the unplanned barbarity of the raiders and murderers I'm thinking of. Also, probably because I'm primed to think that a government should (usually don't/haven't throughout history, but we're talking about ideals and fantasies here) protect its most vulnerable citizens, particularly the children. Either way, I wanted to punch something. (Actually, I wanted to go on a murderous rampage in Kelsen's world, impaling all the bureaucrats and authority figures who allowed children to be executed, but... *awkward cough*)

|

As ever, you paint a vibrant world for your readers. Haven't finished the chapter yet, just had to vent my reaction a bit.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

Wow! Well, that solves the inherent problems of the Narimac, Molun, Malena and Sinker, since I got the strong impression you were always going to have Vannerbehn as a free agent--and he's now back to that--with a crew that's much richer because of him than they were.

Very touching with Ludianne, set apart from the sudden danger presented outside. Plenty of intrigue and suspense to keep us on the edge. 5

Oseafe090Oseafe090over 1 year ago

Fantastic writer, you are! I love how you write tragedies, without souring your readers on your stories. Very touching.

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

It sucks that you killed off Malena. I guess she was a complication because he's too good for her now. :(

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
4323 Followers
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES