All Comments on 'Varna Ch. 06'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
trnmstr48trnmstr48almost 2 years ago
Haven't Figured It Out!

How you keep coming up with such engaging stories, that is! I can hardly wait for the next chapter! Kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great chapter. Talanassa would have been a good choice if not for her father's connections with Nathal. Saska appears to be the best choice out of the rest, as Gerdar Tanle would likely be able to assist in a succession crisis more than Seirye and her Portoan relations could. But it wouldn't be an AE story without a few more twists and turns. Can't wait for future updates.

MimiRayMimiRayalmost 2 years ago

I continue to love the world building, and the situations as they evolve!

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 2 years ago

I thought that was well done. You introduced each new character and made each of them memorable enough that we can keep them straight. I feel quite certain that Merik is going to cause a disaster soon.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

Varna, capítulo 6

Poor Tauma's father continues to run him down any chance he gets (and you really capture Tauma’s angst well), and although it was unpleasant, I found it so touching you used Seyamka to relay the information to Tauma and Glasha; it shows she has a LONG future in the kingdom. It's still rotten the Duke didn't thank Tauma for catching the corruption at the treasury--but he pulled a masterful stroke getting the gold ingots there, bringing Sanatha with Yazgash and the orcish guard. Tauma has some brains and he should use them (he was extremely kind to give Sanatha the credit, although I don’t know how far–if any–that will go with him regarding her). While I realize you've employed Yazgash to tell him he won't tip the scales in a battle, he **should** have a meaningful role in winning one--a BIG one too.

You made me laugh with how Tauma wanted to kick Merik in the balls for how he stepped forward; that would have been extra hilarious to see one more time! You describing Toran as a "half-ripe strawberry" made me guffaw.

I would choose either Saska Tanle or Tanalassa for Tauma: Saska’s my obvious choice because her mother welcomed Tauma so willingly–and her mother is NO ONE to be trifled with. My heart goes out to Tanalassa, and it’s VERY possible her father did learn tons from having Tauma school him on the elven deed; IF he truly learned, then he reconnected with the elven leader that straightened things out with Tauma AND that lot together could make for a VERY powerful alliance. I briefly considered Seirye for how she resembled Glasha, but that was only a passing impression (someone from Portoa could have no real influence in Varna, nor practical alliance value).

I had to re-read this a second time to confirm my review, as I didn't want to miss anything. It's obvious Tauma's an introvert and these gatherings really drain him. 5

geroticageroticaalmost 2 years ago

I always enjoy the worlds you build and the characters you find to populate them!

EmanresEmanresalmost 2 years ago

This was great. i think he will choose Saska? Update soon please

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I’m with zz, I think it’s about time for Merik to stir up some drama, maybe he, and Nathal will see how many of these girls they can take advantage of.

Great job as always Aspernessling, every new story becomes my favorite.

Thanks. KS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I love, how you bring your characters to life in such a memorable way. And no descriptions of busts or buds, thank you! Instead vivid descriptions of faces, hair, eyes, mannerisms and presence.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Varna Ch. 05 Previous Part
Varna Series Info

SIMILAR Stories