All Comments on 'Varna Ch. 07'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
jskin78jskin78almost 2 years ago

Loving this story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ah Politics

James_DuncanJames_Duncanalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoying this story, the characters are well fleshed and believeable as are the little twists in the story.

SerpsorSerpsoralmost 2 years ago

Both short term, and long term problems ahead

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great progression of this story. Your catalogue of stories is the best on this site.

gbled71gbled71almost 2 years ago
Every chapter a treat

Your plotting and pacing of this story has been a treat. Every chapter has just gotten better.....well done sir! I await more!

Richard1940Richard1940almost 2 years ago

This just keeps on getting better and better. Great characterisation and story lines. The plot is definitely thickening. 5* all the way

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Love that this story is back to your core expertise. Strategy, politics, emotions.....

Last two series majic and smitten were different...n it was hard to connect with protogonist...

Love this one...

Nouh_BdeeNouh_Bdeealmost 2 years ago

How are you so good at this, AE? I cannot fucking wait to see where this goes

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

DAMN, MAN!! Just like Bruce Willis said on the wing of that airplane in Die Hard 2..."this just keeps getting better and better!!"

You've set up quite the possible feud, inside and out. Merik choosing Shurkka can lead to all kinds of trouble and having Toran's pairing would provide his bride to murder Merik for his deliberate disrespect to her family; it could also provide unseen support since Tauma met her--BUT she bore him NO ill will, and actually respected HIM.

What to say about Gerdar Tanle and Saska except YOWSA!! The ONLY person that could enable the perfect alliance for Tauma WAS Saska and her mother: Saska's mom clearly will NEVER suffer fools nor liars gladly AND she will fight like a banshee to protect her lands and what she knows to be right. Saska has TONS of guts and is the perfect woman for Tauma and the perfect sister for Glasha. Tauma's about to have THREE great women to support him, counsel him and fight for him; plus they know he WILL do the right thing, no matter WHO is involved--because Tanarive proved to Gerdar Tanle and Saska he will NEVER be political and ALWAYS looking to do what's in everyone's best interests. Although Tauma never would have heard of Abraham Lincoln, he perfectly comprehends Lincoln's phrase of "and let us have full confidence in the fact that RIGHT MAKES MIGHT..." Don't be fooled either: those elves and that elven leader will fight TO THE DEATH for Tauma, because he proved he was worthy of their loyalty (and I sure don't want to see them pissed off...but maybe we will, when they come to fight for Tauma's cause). He's really not unlike a non-powered Captain America: he will never be a perfect soldier (nor even the perfect negotiator)--but he WILL be a good man.

There's not enough fives for this story--and it was worth TWO bags of chips and TWO drinks to enjoy! FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE, FIVE!!

MimiRayMimiRayalmost 2 years ago

Love the intrigue, love that we have a genuine group of heroes to assure the reader's loyalty. Personally, though, I'd kind of prefer that Aludar ends up with the succession, if only because royal rule is a royal pain in the ass. Let Tauma, Glasha and Saska set up their own private Eden somewhere and live happily ever after.

Yeah, right... Like that could ever happen!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Varna Ch. 06 Previous Part
Varna Series Info