All Comments on 'Varna Ch. 08'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As always you create a well written and wonderfully woven world.

Nevertheless there's one spot darkening this fascinating story: When Tauma fought with the elves against his brother and his allies he showed a lot of political insight and instinct. He recognised that Nathal was already scheming and that Aludar woke up too. Yet in this chapter and the last his wheels were turning much too slow. He's not trying to broaden his alliance network, he's not cautious with Aludar, Toran or Nathal. He sees the looming succession struggle, but ignores that that means his potential death. He doesn't see Aludars blunders (allying with his most probable natural allies instead of allying differently, trying to bind his brothers in the same region). Supporting Aludar is within his character, losing the strategical overview is not. He's neither distracted enough nor is he an officer, who has to learn how to analyze politics like other characters of yours.

Don't get me wrong: It's a good thing that Tauma looses the initiative, that he's uncertain and makes mistakes. He has to learn and grow and that's why your atories are always great. Only the speed and development with which it happened is slightly off this time. At least in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

... great story... I love it... can't wait for the next chapter - thank you Aspern Essling

EmanresEmanresalmost 2 years ago

I love this series

geroticageroticaalmost 2 years ago

Please keep the chapters coming! I check every day as I'm on the edge of my seat.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

Well...you've managed to leave us with one humdinger of a cliffhanger. It's obvious you don't care for suspense much, right? ;)

Obviously, Saska and Gerdar Tanle care greatly for Tauma and Glasha--which is why they chose to host their wedding. I cannot wait to see Hurmas and Sezima there--but how can it now be a happy occasion with so much turmoil and obvious backdoor dealings? You'll have to walk that line carefully--although I'm sure the elven contingent at Tanarive would be GLAD to provide protection at Tauma and Glasha's wedding (to say nothing of Sezima, who I'm sure has FAR more resources at hand than we could expect; he's not a master flatterer and a loyal friend for nothing). I see you employing Sezima as another trusted advisor, as while he's a playboy...he's also the astute observer of character and I'm sure unravels intrigue and plotting better than no other (no way he didn't fall into some problems he had to extricate himself from because of his...female adventures).

Great interludes with Glasha and Sanatha, trying to strategize...although I do find it odd that even Glasha seemed largely in the dark. Why wasn't she visiting the Barracks to check in with Yazgash and others? We CAN lay that squarely at Tauma's feet...BUT Glasha missing it is "off" too. Obviously now Tauma must collaborate more with Yazgash and the orcish contingent to wise up even more on tactics.

Murdering Tauma's father won't make many shed tears over that unemotional miser--but it advances the intrigue of this story considerably--since all the "alliances" will have to solidify faster and hastier than normal. You've got something huge planned or you thought this would be a good time to discombobulate us, as we could not have predicted Gerdar Tanle's words would foreshadow Tauma "not ruling in Elmina." Now he's going to need Sezima and Hurmas MORE than ever to survive this (although I suspect the elves at Tanarive will ensure his protection--and so will Durgat, Yazgash, Enneiros and company. I would also imagine Rhigen will show for a much LONGER stay now that the only way Tauma can get tougher AND defend himself well is to fully develop his offensive and defensive use of the aether. You're also using the ladies in far more supportive roles here too: thanks for including Sanatha with Tauma, Glasha, Saska and Gerdar Tanle--as it's obvious we have possibly the toughest combination of brawn and wit assembled with this crew. I cannot see Gerdar Tanle being less than a significant strategist in the impending battles. Who will make the toughest fighter? Someone who had to BEAT any male that tried to off her--and she not only held her own, but also won hard-fought respect from her subjects AND some of the fiercest and toughest fighters around. She's no one's fool and will see a lot of this coming (until Tauma wises up, of course).

I do not enjoy this cliffhanger idea...unless of course you have ch 9 ready to roll quickly, man!! And don't spare the horses!!

rayironyrayironyalmost 2 years ago
You are growing as a writer

And i have greatly enjoyed being allowed to come along on your literary journey.

My warm thanks!

jskin78jskin78almost 2 years ago

Damn this is getting good

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow, excellent storytelling!

Nouh_BdeeNouh_Bdeealmost 2 years ago

I feel as lost as Tauma! And I can’t wait to read more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Game of thrones, here we come.

Thanks KS

Richard1940Richard1940almost 2 years ago

I commented on the previous chapter that this story is getting better and better. I was wrong - it is getting more and more excellent

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This has got me hooked, line and sinker too. The best author on Lit does it again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great Author. I skim the erotic parts to get to the main story!

romanwajdenfelerromanwajdenfelerover 1 year ago
This story is something else

This story is something else, wow, that's all I can say.

I've came here mainly from Westrons and some other of your titles, always loved your writing, but this story is something else. As much as I'd loved Westrons insta 5/5 - I wasn't even half involved into that compared to Varna. Characters, the story and your pacing are exceptional here. I especially love the pacing - it never felt like a drag - and I can be picky

I feel like I literally have a fever after reading those 8 chapters - and I need a break before I go on. What a read.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Idiot took forever to figure what was going on.. pretty out of character. And why wake someone just to delive bad news that could have waited.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Varna Ch. 07 Previous Part
Varna Series Info