Verbena

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Shhh," he whispered, holding himself deep inside of her as he groaned slightly and trembled. "It is done! You are mine! My wife," he whispered, then eased back slowly.

"Please no!" Verbena begged, mostly to herself as she shook her head miserably.

"Give yourself to it, Little Wife," he demanded softly. "Let it happen, open yourself to me and don't close yourself against it. It will feel good, I promise you. Ease your taut limbs! Relax yourself for me and allow it to happen!"

Verbena shook her head, but it didn't matter. No matter how much she fought it, the pleasure cascaded through her with every slow stroke as he made love to her. All of it felt divine, his lips on her temple, his fingers laced through hers and his other hand holding her leg up around his hip.

"That's it, Little Wife," he praised her. "That's perfect! You see? Didn't I tell you?!? Gods you are perfect! You feel so good! Tell me you love this, you want this! Tell me you want me, Little Wife!"

Verbena hardly heard him and the words didn't register as she let the sublime bliss wash over her and take over. Her body sang it's own divine song and she let it, surrendering herself to it completely.

"Say you love me," he demanded again, beginning to move faster as his breathing quickened. "Tell me you need me!" he prompted, his hands tightening their hold.

Verbena let out a moaning sigh as her back arched up, her hips rolling up to meet his thrusts.

"Oh, my love, yes!" he groaned, his eyes closing as he came closer to his end.

Verbena went rigid again, shaking with the effort of reaching for it, then it snapped into her hard enough that her entire body bucked up. Gideon let out a roar through clenched teeth, then hunched over her as he gripped her and rode her out. Verbena could only mewl and clutch his shirt as she came, wave after wave of it rolling over her and making her body it's slave. She felt Gideons cock swell, then expel his hot seed deep inside of her as the final twitch shuddered through her. She let out a soft, pleased sigh at the feel of it, the perfect end to that beautiful feeling floating through her now.

"Oh, my perfect Little Wife," he panted, then moved to kiss her lips again and again.

Verbena only lay there, her eyes closed and floating in the warmth and contentment of her body, sated and satisfied.

Even when he jostled her, she only sighed and turned to press her face to the warmth happily.

Verbena opened her eyes to the sun shining in her eyes and blinked up at the ceiling of the carriage as it rocked and shuddered along the road.

"She finally wakes," Gideon chuckled.

She turned her head and looked at him in the seat opposite her. He was sitting propped against the side, one leg up and she was laid out on the opposite seat.

"Did you drug me?" she asked, sitting up and looking around in confusion.

"Not the way you're imagining," he smirked, pleased with himself. "You did pass out after I took you to our marriage bed, so satisfied you refused to wake even when I carried you out of the house. Admittedly, it was the most gratifying thing to ever happen to me."

"Where are we going?" she demanded, looking out the window.

"The port. We'll find a ship headed to Mjenninc first and you can learn what you wish from them."

Verbena sighed and sat back, slumping. "You don't have to," she told him glumly. "I wasn't telling the truth. I was hoping to scare you into releasing me."

"Oh, I know," he chuckled. "I played along for your benefit. The guests knew as well. I thought you might pull something, I didn't think you'd have the audacity to tell such a huge lie though. You think we don't all know that Lady Alecto is a tall woman a half score years older, yellow hair and shoulders wider than most men? We've heard the stories. Not to mention the stories of Harold finding and marrying a foreign Princess from Nashamell. It was a good try, though. And you assuming I didn't have you looked into... also laughable. I know exactly who you are, Little Wife."

"Then why..."

"Because I told you I would take you and let you learn as you pleased. I would not clip your wings. All I ask is that you stop provoking me and allow yourself to surrender to me as you did last night."

"What of Lyla?"

"She is receiving the best care, I sent to the medica in the capital as well as hiring a new governess. Both are in my employ taking care of her and will be there before we reach port."

"I will still get away from you," she promised him.

He only smiled as he looked out the window. "You might try, but I told you, Little Wife. You are mine now and I'll not let you go. Not ever."

"And if I slip a knife between your ribs?"

"You don't have that sort of violence in you. You're a gentle soul and a healer at heart. You wish to help people, not harm. Besides, you're coming around to me."

"I'm not."

"You are. Sooner you admit to yourself the better. Do you get seasick, Little Wife?"

"Not so far as I know. I prefer you call me by my name."

"No. Little Wife, Lady Donovan or Lady Wife. I despise your given name, it doesn't suit you."

"I don't care if you like it, I do and it does suit me. You think I don't have violence in me, Gideon? Keep thinking that. The poison you've been pulling into your lungs every evening with your pipe won't end you right away, but it won't be long. It's too late now, of course, it's already within you and working to attack your lung tissue. You'll be gone before we reach Mjennic."

Gideon chuckled again. "You are a horrible liar, Little Wife. First, you've not had access to my pipe tobacco, it's too high for you to reach. Second, you assume I smoke because you have smelled it on me a couple of times when I came to you, yes? No, I had company who smoked. I have not smoked a pipe since last winter, I keep tobacco for guests. Would you like to take another wild stab in the dark? For someone as smart as you are, you have very little world wisdom. No more lies, Little Wife. Come over here and sit with me."

"No," she scowled sulkily. "I'm hungry and I need the privy."

The trip went that way, him entirely too cheerful as he teased her and tried to bring her around and her sour and angry.

When they boarded the boat, she tried to tell the Captain she'd been kidnapped, but the man just chuckled as he took the coin purse Gideon handed him.

She sulked as he led her to their room, then her face went panicked when she saw the bed. He smirked as he locked the door, then caught her up as she tried to flee across the small room, laughing at her. "Oh, no, my Little Wife. I intend to keep you insensible this entire trip," he promised, his voice low as he began undressing her.

"Gideon!"

"Mm-mm, no complaints and no denying me, my love. I'll hear my name on your lips before we make port again, I promise you that."

It took a day and a half before she was screaming his name, her hands buried in his hair as he used his mouth on her. Neither of them left their bed for almost the entire trip and by the fourth day in, she stopped trying to.

When they made port, both of them completely naked in bed, she even let out a regretful and sleepy sigh.

Gideon grinned as he went up on an elbow and looked down at her, stroking her face gently. "No falling asleep now, Little Wife, we are here. Come now, I'll help you dress."

"Just a few moments," she mumbled, catching his hand and pulling it close to cuddle with as he tried to pull her up.

"No, a few moments turn into a few hours once you pass out. Come now. You can sleep once we see to our accommodations."

"Just one hour," she begged, already half asleep.

"Do you really wish me to have to carry you onto land and miss your first look at Mjennic and the people here? Little Wife? My Love?" Gideon laughed again, then slipped her dress on her before carrying her out into the sweltering heat of Mjennic.

It wasn't ten minutes before Verbena stirred, her eyebrows furrowing. "It's so hot!" she whispered, squirming. "And wet! And... what is that smell?"

"Fish. It's... not keeping well in this heat. Also, those animals they have everywhere that they ride on... none of them smell fit to be near, let alone ride."

Verbena lifted her head and shielded her eyes, looking around. "Those are strange horses? How do they even ride them with the big bumps on their back like... what is THAT?" she demanded, looking at a huge gray creature with a snout that hung down to the ground and large ears that flapped against its neck. It had a large palanquin on it's back and a rope ladder up the side to the covered seats.

"I don't know, but they smell foul," Gideon scowled, looking repulsed. "We are looking for an inn called 'Old Father', or 'All Father', it was hard to understand his accent. Our luggage will be delivered there."

"Is that a small dog or a large cat? It looks like nothing I've ever seen? Ugh, the heat is stiffling. My dress is clinging to me! Can't you put me down?"

"I left your shoes with the luggage, I thought you'd sleep through being moved again."

"I can't sleep at all in the heat! No one said it was this hot here! How do they stand it?"

Gideon paused, hailing a local man. "Excuse me sir, I am looking for an inn called the 'Old Father'? Also, where might I find one of those large brimmed hats for my wife? Her skin is too fair for the sun here."

"All Father is just there, yes? They will have head coverings for guests!" the man smiled, his face joyous even though he was sweating visibly. "Welcome to you and your bride! Enjoy your many moonlight walks during your visit here!"

"Thank you," Gideon smiled, then headed more quickly towards the building the man had pointed to. "Pleasant fellow," he offered.

"They're all smiling like that," she noted, looking around. "They all look so happy and pleasant. How do they stand it here?"

"They're used to it, just like Miovians are used to the cold."

"Gideon?" she asked in a whisper. "I feel light headed?"

He looked down at her in worry, then quickly stepped into the building with the wide open window walls that let air pass through. The shade was a few degrees cooler, but not much. "I need water!" he called quickly, setting Verbena down in a chair.

Water was brought quickly, along with a thick, soft, wet rope that was hung around her neck. "It is sometimes hard on foreigners, yes?" the woman asked as she wiped down Verbena's face. "Not used to the sun and heat, no? Dojon! Fan for the lady! Our high room is the coolest room, Lord. We have boys to fan if you require as well, but they are paid, yes?"

"Of course. Little Wife? Do you feel better?"

"I feel like I may be sick."

"She's from Miovia," Gideon offered. "She's used to extreme cold. Even Mareshomese where we came from is mild. We've never felt heat like this!"

"It takes getting used to, yes? You will see, but she may not, no? Some are not made for Mjennic. This little flower cannot flourish here I am thinking. Come. I have a dress of cooler cloth, it breathes, yes? And I will show you how to keep the body cool. Marcon! Find Jinnel for the Lord and Lady to see to proper clothes! You come to visit, yes? To see Mjennic?"

"She wishes to learn from your healers, the way they have of healing here. Probably more than that, she likes to know things."

"A mind that thirsts, yes. It is good! There is much to learn here! First her body must learn!"

Verbena felt nausea billowing up and she let out a little whimper as she wilted. Closing her eyes for a moment, her hand searched for Gideon's shirt to hold onto so she wouldn't fall away.

Opening her eyes again, it was dark. She was laid out on a low mat in a light, thin shift and two young men stood near her bed with large fans, gently fanning her. It was hot, but not as stifling as it had been.

"Gideon?" she called in a whisper.

"Here my love," he answered from nearby, sitting up next to her. "How do you feel?"

"My head hurts and I feel... swollen. All of me feels like I'm trying to press out of my own skin. I dislike this feeling."

"The woman said once you wake and can drink, there are herbs that can help you in many ways. Not just with the throwing up, but with the heat as well. I spoke to several people and they can take us to the healers where you can learn tomorrow. They are further inland and she said it's actually warmer the further from the sea you get. Do you want to try and stay and see if the herbs help you, or would you rather leave in the morning and go to Lucana or Macosta instead? Neither are as hot as here?"

"I would like to spend a day here first, see if the herbs help. If they do not... do you think we could get a healer to travel with us and teach me while I learn from others?"

"That's a splendid idea my love! I shall inquire first thing in the morning and arrange it if possible. Get you out of this climate and you can learn too! I will do my best to see it done my love. Drink this water and try to get some rest now, Little Wife. I am right here, close."

Verbena sipped the water as she sat there, looking around in the dark. It was an open room, the windows wide open as well, if you could call them windows. It was more like most of the walls had just been removed and left wide open in the hopes of a breeze. The moonlight lit up portions of the room and Verbena could see the two young men with the huge fans watching her with wide eyes. How often did they get people here from other lands?

Easing up, she stood and noticed Gideon turning to her. She pretended not to notice as she turned to the closest boy. "Where's the privy?" she asked in a whisper, as if she didn't want to wake Gideon.

"There is a room for that, Lady, at the end of the hall. I will show you?"

"Yes please, thank you. And will you wait outside it to bring me back?"

"Yes lady!" he promised, leading her to the door, still whispering.

Gideon said nothing as she slipped out with the boy.

Immediately, she grabbed the boy's arm and pulled him towards the stairs that went down, hurrying.

"Lady?" he asked in a confused whisper.

"Who's in charge here?" Verbena asked quickly, desperately.

"Miss Moccara?"

"Get me to her right away, please?"

"She sleeps?"

"Please! It's important!"

"Yes lady," he told her, his eyes huge and haunted as he led her back behind the counter of the inn. He knocked softly, then opened a door. "Mama? Mama, wake! The lady needs you?"

"What's this then?" the woman from earlier asked, getting up from a low mat. "You're better, yes? The cloth breathes?"

"It's wonderful," Verbena promised quickly. "I'm not here for that! Ma'am, I need help, please! That man I'm with, he stole me! He stole me and brought me here and is telling people we're married. I'm NOT married to him, he took me and he's hurt me and I want to get away from him! He's a wealthy lord and I'm no one, a governess. He thinks that gives him the right to simply take what he wishes from me! I need to get away from him! Please, will you help me?"

"Oh, child! What a wicked wicked man! Come in here with me, girl. We will see you safe, yes? I know just what needs doin'! Come in here. Dalla, run fetch Jacono quickly, then the twins. Be quick!"

The boy left at a sprint and Verbena almost threw up. She'd been half afraid the woman would just drag her back up to Gideons room instead of helping her, but she had to take the chance.

The woman took Verbena's shoulder and led her through to another room and out a back door. "Vas! Vas, the twins are coming. Put them on the door of that lord and do not let him leave, yes? Not until morning. Come now, Lady, this way. Jac will take care of my place and the twins will see to the wicked man. Come come, the walk is not so far, no?"

Verbena stayed close behind the woman, half running to keep up. She was out of breath when the woman finally slowed down and stopped at a door, knocking loudly.

A man answered looking sleepy and alarmed at the same time. "Miss Jo?" he asked, looking frightened.

"I am fine, the inn is fine. It is this girl! A wicked man stole her away from her home to bring her here. You leave in the morning to sail, yes?"

"Yes Miss Jo!"

"Take the girl. Take her to Lucana and speak to a woman named Georgianna at an inn called Chosens Rest. Tell her this child needs getting back to Mareshomese to her home right away!"

"It will be done, Miss Jo! My honor to serve!"

"Thank you, Modine. Girl, this is Modine Accarra, a good man and true. None finer here you'll find, yes? He has a ship, small but fast and he will take you to Lucana. My sister in trade will see you home from there, yes? Her name is Georgianna and she is a sweet woman. I trust her. You get yourself home safe, then you write me, yes? Let me know how you fared! Go now, Mo! Get her on your ship so she'll not be found come morning when he might be looking, yes? No. See her hidden well! The wicked man has a great amount of wealth and will be hiring many men I am sure, no? Take good care of her, Modina, she is a fragile flower. Goddess's luck to you, little flower, safe journey."

The woman turned and hurried away before Verbena could answer, still too shellshocked to keep up with what was happening. The man took her arm gently and hurriedly led her to the docks and onto a ship. It was much smaller than the ship she had ridden to Mjennic on, but not as small as she had imagined. There was still a room for the captain's bunk and a galley for the sailors. Mo ensconced her in the bed in the captain's bunk and opened all the windows for her quickly.

"We leave before sunup, Flower. I will get you safely to Lucana, just stay quiet and stay in here. There is water there and bread in that box. Try not to move too much, much can be seen in an open window, yes? The wicked man may try to look."

Verbena nodded wide eyed and the man left, locking the door from the outside. Curling up on the floor under a window, Verbena waited with barely suppressed excitement.

Were they really going to help her? Just like that? No need to bribe them or anything? Just from the goodness of their hearts? Somehow, she believed they meant to do just that. They were good people. Not just happy and joyous, but just... good. She half wished the weather wasn't so awful here, she actually wanted to stay and learn their ways and just... absorb how wonderful the people here were. How good their energies felt.

The man returned in what seemed like less than an hour, unlocking the door and checking on her, then giving her a bright smile before closing the door and calling out instructions on making way. Soon, the small ship was moving, pushing away from the dock and it seemed to roll and heave a lot more than the larger ship. Verbena wasn't the sort to get seasick, but she was feeling a bit nauseated. She was sure it had as much to do with how scared she was as it was the motion.

Still, when Mo checked on her, grinning again, she was able to offer him a smile in return. "May I ask how long it will take?" she asked him softly.

"Not so long to Lucana as it is to Mareshomese, no? More time on land travel than ship, yes? It will be good, Flower. Once we are to open sea, you should rest! I will want my bed this night to sleep and we can switch, yes? I sleep, you sleep? Unless you wish to share? I can share and do not mind it, Little Flower. I would even take you on a moonlight walk if you wished it."

"A moonlight walk? You mean out on deck?"

He chuckled. "No, Little Flower. I would show you the moon there in the bed. Or if you'd rather, I could show you the stars, yes?"

"I... if I understand you correctly, I must politely decline," she told him, blushing. "I will sleep this afternoon and you can sleep tonight."

He chuckled again and gave a small shrug. "If you change your mind, you need only climb into bed with me, yes? I will be happy to please you, Flower. It is as you please. You will know when we reach the open water, yes? Try and rest as you can, I know you might be feeling high emotions, yes? Think on the waves and count the swells, it will help. If anything you need, you need only wave a hand from the door and I will come."

1...45678...11