Verbena

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Had she truly imagined a clean shaven face was more handsome? Or that Mason's youthful smooth skin was more attractive in any way? Gideon was older... but he was incredibly handsome for an older man.

She had to remind herself again of why she hadn't let herself fall asleep. "Gideon?"

"Mmm, little wife?"

"You have to take me back. Take me back to Mason and..."

"Verbena!" he cried sadly, shaking his head. "I cannot! I WILL not! I love you and I need you!"

"He will give me an annulment if I ask," she told him softly. "He will sign the papers and we can go back. Get Lyla. Travel like you promised."

Gideon pulled back and looked over her face, his heartbreak apparent.

"I'm not lying this time," she whispered softly, tears filling her eyes. "I... have learned recently that I may want a husband more than I first realized. And I want a husband who loves me and me alone... perhaps that's selfish of me, but... I do not wish to share. Also... I have learned recently to value someone who actually loves me and... couldn't replace me with the next person to walk in the room."

"Verbena," he whispered, shaking his head.

"I know... I know it will take time, Gideon. I don't... love you. Not yet... You hurt me a lot, you did some horrible things! But I know you're trying and that you do truly love me. I want to try as well. Allow you in now that you are no longer being such a monster. Take me back so I can talk to him and we can go back home. He'll let me go if I tell him it's what I want."

He swallowed hard, then gave a resigned nod. "I will take you back, little wife," he whispered. "No matter what... but... tell me now. I will take you back regardless if it's what you wish, but don't give me false hope? I cannot live through being broken again!"

"I am being honest with you, Gideon. Take me back and I will ask for the annulment. I want that regardless of what happens with you and I. Then I will try. I will give you a chance and I will try. If... if I can get past all that happened, then we can go from there. You can woo me as a man should and not just... take what you want."

He barked a laugh. "But my love," he whispered, kissing her temple. "That part of it thrills you. Every time, knowing that I will make you mine no matter what you pretend to want, you adore it. Knowing that you can pretend to be ladylike and not want to melt into my arms and my attentions, then me taking the choice from you so you can still hold to your shy innocence while still enjoying every second of it."

Verbena blushed as she considered his words. She had loved every second of what he'd done to her, especially on the ship. Was she fooling herself? Even this time, she'd given herself to him and his attentions quickly, knowing what was to come and wanting it. He hadn't given her a choice, if anyone asked she could say he forced her, but had he? No. She'd wanted him and what had happened from the moment she'd woken in his arms. She'd breathed him in and she'd immediately hoped he would make her lose herself to him.

Clearing her throat, she blushed more furiously. "You can still woo me as a gentleman, and... umm. Yes. Do it the right way, and... how long has it been? Since you took me? How far away? Is he following yet?"

"I'd arranged to have the door locked and you seeming to sulk the entire weeks end," he told her, smiling gently. "Have him kept busy the whole time. He might realize when the doctor did not arrive and begin to ask questions, then discover you aren't in the room at all. It will take time for him to find out what happened and he'll look first to the ports. You've been out for more than a day, almost two. We've been traveling north, away from the ports nearby. I have a ship waiting to take us, and the men I hired, to Lucana."

"You hired all of those men? Sam and the others?"

"I did. I arrived here before you."

"So how long until we are back there?" she asked, turning to the window.

"Well over a day, even if we hurry."

Turning back to him, she looked up at him, blushing furiously. "So... more than enough time for you to keep having your way with me? Teaching me all the things you love as well as you know all the things I love?"

He chuckled. "Luckily for you," he whispered, "the things I love most are watching you turn to hot candle wax and making you pass out from pure bliss."

Verbena grinned, hiding her face, then reached up and pulled him down to kiss her again.

Pulling back quickly, he looked down at her again, his eyes full of adoration. "One promise, little wife?"

"What?"

"We go back and sign the papers... but we don't go home. I'll send for Lyla and have her meet us in Lucana, but we travel. We travel and I get to watch you learn and see you doubly pleased daily."

Verbena smiled and nodded slightly, then pulled him back into a kiss. She'd been doubting herself, fearing she was making a mistake. Now she felt more certain. She was making the right choice. Gideon had started out completely wrong, but she had no doubts now that he was right. He was the husband she was meant to have, the one who was perfect for her.

1...67891011