Vermillion 01: Safehaven

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"First born was a girl, and to him my sister wasn't a suitable heir."

"And your sister?" Luna asked.

"Alive, after our parent's passing she was to be crowned queen, but it didn't suit where she was in her life. She raised me, but I see her every few decades when I can or when she decides to visit."

"Lonely?"

"Luna." Nick smiled "I do go into the city, to the country sides too. Many of the people below are like my family, I've known their parents and grandparents, I'll know their children and grandchildren too. No, I'm never lonely. Are you?"

"No, that's one thing I can say that I'm not. I can be alone, I like to be alone at times. But I don't need contact twenty four seven."

"No one ever does." Nick opened a drawer and pulled out a piece of paper "But lets get back on track about you feeding. I can't have you appearing randomly in the dreams of my people. Especially the married ones."

Luna stuck her tongue out "Fine."

"If you wish we can invite someone back here tomorrow after the tour."

"You don't think that'll freak them out? Finding out what I am?"

Nick raised an eyebrow "Handsome, male, singles who need to release a bit of steam...I don't think so. You won't have to feed often anyway, yes?"

"I won't, okay deal. What's with the paper?"

"A letter to someone. If you want you can pick a book from the shelves to read or you can take a walk around the grounds."

"Thanks." Luna stretched before mulling over what book to read, she didn't mind a little fantasy or cheesy romance, comical horror was also a favorite of hers. Once she found a book she sat in one of the chairs as Nick began going through the paperwork on his desk. He'd take a pen, look over it, murmur to himself, and either write something or place the paper to the side.

Hours passed and the sun began to set, Nick had finished and Luna was sleeping in the chair. Her head was leaning off the right side with her body scrunched up in an uncomfortable manor.

"Luna." Nick tapped his desk "Luna."

Luna yawned slowly sitting up "You rang?"

"I'm done with work for day, I'm about to have dinner. Do you eat human food?"

Luna rubbed her eyes tiredly, did fast food really count as food? It was a load of artificial calories that slowly killed. Luna was thankful that she never had to worry about it affecting her body, but she did enjoy the taste of a strawberry banana smoothie as well as the essence of men.

"Mhmm, don't tell me that you're going to force your manservant to make us a lavish meal."

"It's a fair meal."

"And I've never been forced to do anything in my life." Both Nick and Luna turned to see Dominic coming in from the pitch black hallway. His clothes were now completely black, the look in his eyes was eerie and unnerving. "This is a late lunch for my count. Dinner arrives at midnight."

Luna looked back at Nick who gave an angelic smile "Right, vampire. Your attendant scares me more than anything and he'd human. Vampire feedings are pretty mundane."

"That's nice that you see it that way, but I feed alone in my room. Shall we?" Nick held his hand out and Luna took it once more, the castle itself was cloaked in a deep shade of crimson light as the moon replaced the sun in the sky.

Luna didn't mind it, true she was a bit different from her kind and had different views, but at her core she was still a succubus. All the feelings to kill to get what she wanted was rooted inside her, she had never killed. But she had it in her to murder, maim, destroy people with a single stroke of her finger tips, all to contain her lust, to save herself. All she felt around her now felt was a mixture of licentious pressures and bloodthirst.

Nick was a nice and gentle ruler, that she could tell upon first glance. But he had an air to him at night that was hard to place, it stirred a fear in Luna that she never knew of. Did he too have secrets he was keeping?

Once they have descended the stairs Dom led them to the dining room, it was simple with a long enduring table covered in dark blue linen, ten chairs surrounded the rectangular structure, four on the side and one at each end. The rest of room was covered in candlelight as well as a diamond chandelier that reflected and refracted the light of the flames that danced across the room, and open windows at the top of the walls.

As usual Nick took his place at the head of table with Dom pulling out his chair for him, then he repeated the motion for Luna at the nearest chair. After they were seated Dom went to receive silver covered platters, three. The first dish was an appetizer: a simple spinach, cheese, and herb quiche, the second was the main dish: grilled salmon brushed in a light lemon sauce over a bed of broccoli, desert was savarin coated in chocolate.

"Splendid craftsmanship, thank you Dominic." Nick gave a nod and in response Dom bowed before leaving the room. Nick began digging in as his plate was already made before him.

"I find it funny that the only human here has not eaten all day." Luna stabbed at the salmon viciously before taking it through her lips. Immortal or not, humans did eat to survive. Were the circumstances with Nick and Dom different?"

"I've asked him to join every time in his service of two hundred years, he goes on about how it's inappropriate." Nick sniffed "But I enjoy his company, he's my friend. I offer him much and he doesn't like taking it."

"Starving-

"He won't starve, he'll feel as if he is, he must nourish himself. He does and at times he slacks in that area. But don't think on it too hard, Dominic likes to keep to himself."

Luna just shrugged it offer enjoying her savory supper and delectable desert. As she was wiping her mouth with a cloth Dom reappeared from the shadows.

"My count, we have a fresh arrival."

"Act accordingly, please." Nick wiped his mouth quickly as Dom bowed and disappeared again. "Luna, can you find your way to your room?"

"Again, Nick you forget. Demons live in darkness, how hard is it to see through it?" Luna smirked getting up "I'll find my way, night." Luna walked towards the next room.

"Goodnight." Nick waited, patiently until Luna made her way to her room, hearing the door shut close. Then he honed into the wild heart beat of his guest, smelling the familiar aroma of freesias and lilies, he had drank from this visitor before.

Nick made his way up to his room where a young woman sat on his bed, she was twenty seven with fawn colored eyes and cerulean dyed hair that reached up to her shoulders. The woman wore a simple buttoned up top and blue jeans. She smiled immediately upon seeing her king and gave a gracious bow.

"None of that Marley, we've known one another for some time." Nick closed the door behind him, he'd bitten her before, she'd willingly gave blood every month. "How is the nail salon?"

"It's the same." Marley sighed "New techs came in, they're extremely good. Another girl quit this week, but it's the circle of life. How are you your majesty?"

"Fine, content." Nick's gray-teal eyes transitioned to claret, he felt Marley's pulse quicken, but she wasn't afraid. Nick sat down on the bed and placed a cold palm onto the side of her throat feeling the veins in her neck.

"Uh..you know you don't have to bite my neck." Marley whispered.

"Then where?" Nick felt desperate when hunger took over him, when his bloodlust kicked in. Marley slowly undid her shirt, underneath was a black bra that pushed what she called her "girls" up proudly.

"Here?" Nick smoothed a finger across the delicate skin of her breast. "Are you sure?"

Marley nodded "Yes."

"Even if this gets soiled?"

"Yes, please. My king, I offer you my blood. Take me into yourself."

Nick didn't need any other urging and pressed his mouth against her mound, he drew his fangs so that they would penetrate the skin deeply, they easily ripped into the flesh. The blood was absolutely delicious, warm, it ran down her chest like an overflowing waterfall absorbing into her bra. Nick barely paid attention to how Marley reacted, she was lowly groaning and muttered.

Knowing not to take too much, Nick slowed himself down, taking the share that would leave her a bit weak, but well enough for Dom to escort her home. Nick drew in his fangs heaving as he saw the blood still running down her breast, he wanted badly to lap at it, but contained himself. She was a small girl, anymore and she'd faint, possibly worse.

Nick licked the corners of his mouth as Marley laid herself down on the bed quietly, for her this was not only an honor, but a way of being close to the king. Expecting Dom to appear, Nick turned his head towards the doorway which was slightly askew, his eyes widened as he saw the beaming yellow eyes of another.

As he was about to approach the door the eyes vanished into the nothingness of the hallway and Dom came through the door, no words were spoken, but Dom invited Marley down for midnight tea and cookies before walking her home after she cleaned up.

Nick slammed the door, pissed. He did have control issues in the past, and he felt monstrous for his actions, but the way the eyes looked at him annoyed him. The way they set down on his felt as if they were fearful. Every atom in his body was alit with wanting to consume blood when he fed, the aura of that was projected throughout his room when he was feasting. Nick was sure that Luna felt every bit of how he felt, how he wanted the jugular until there wasn't a single drop remaining...

Morning came again and Nick came down for breakfast in a green shirt and brown jacket with black pants and Nike's that Dominic bought. Dom always lectured him on how time changed constantly and that he couldn't be stuck looking a Game of Throne's wannabe every time he hit the streets.

He went into the dining room, sunlight was shining over the entire room where Luna was nibbling on a piece of bacon, Dom was nowhere in sight. Luna was wearing a basic white tank and emerald cardigan slightly revealing her naval, her jeans were dark denim that gripped her hips violently, and her shoes were thin white beige sandals. Now her hair was done in a simple braid.

"Dom went to shop in the city. He told me to tell you that he'd be back around late." Luna told him.

Nick took his seat at the table seeing that Dom had this plate covered, underneath were scrambled eggs, slices of ham and swiss, hotcakes, and blueberries.

Nick held his fork in hand for a second before picking up the knife "You saw me."

"Saw you?" Luna tilted her head in confusion, a master of pretend.

"It's hard to mistake your eyes for someone else's, you needn't lie." Nick faced her waiting for her to come clean.

"These are the natural color of my eyes, but I can change the color at will-

"You felt it. That's why you ran, right?" Nick cut into his hotcakes, eating to calm himself "Even though that is the exact reason why I feed alone."

Luna's eyes shifted to the right, then down at the table. It was hard to understand, she wasn't afraid of Nick. But that overwhelming feeling to rip that girl apart for no reason did freak her out. He was the gentle king who had watched over humans and paranormals alike, who was offered blood here and there, took it humbly, but never greedily. He gave more than he received.

"It happens from time to time, sometimes when I'm stressed, others when I'm ravenous." Nick ate a berry before continuing "It's something that I can't control. I have things on my mind, providing better resources for more than just the people of this city, but nearly half of this country, I have to improve their living quantity, hear all grievances, haggle, create peace..."

"But that does not make me a beast for having those types of feelings." Nick at this moment stopped eating and leaned in his chair "We both are predatory creatures, our first nature is to kill, feed, survive. I fight it just as you do, even at my old age."

Luna looked up at him "I've felt projection of emotions before, many, even anger, hate, but that felt on a different level...And it was uneasy."

Nick tapped his fingers against his plate "I apologize. It isn't a feeling that I enjoy giving off, I can't express-

"You don't have to explain." Nick hesitantly made direct eye contact with Luna, it was like staring at the sun, brightly burning into his corneas, and yet he could do it without pain.

"It's...apart of you, good comes with bad, Nick. Sorry for peeping."

"Were you really that interested?"

"Turned on to be precise." Luna finished one slice of bacon and now she was on the next "I almost thought you two were going to-

"Have sex. No, some enjoy the pleasure of pain in more sensitive regions."

"She was practically ready to orgasm on your bed." Nick started to cough.

"Marley and I are friends-

"No, you and Dom are friends. You and her is...I don't even know. She was getting wet, but being as you were infatuated with the other substance running out of her I doubt that could smell it. I did, even through the blood."

Nick wiped his mouth "It wasn't sexual."

"Maybe not for you, but that did arouse me a bit. It was like a pre-show."

Nick rubbed his forehead "If I were to have intercourse it would not be a show for you to get off on."

"Huh?" Luna shook her head "I don't get off, I just like watching."

Nick had no words for that "Forget it, are you ready for the tour?"

"Yup."

They both rose, leaving the stony building completely vacant inside as they traveled down the hill.

Nick led her down the sidewalks pointing at the plazas for starters, there was one with an ice cream shop next to a donut shop next to a bakery.

"You really needed all of this?" Luna asked as a group of school children ran past them towards the donut shop. Across the street was ironically a fitness center where unhappy singles who felt unshapely could feel the burn.

"No, but the people want what they want even if it's unhealthy. There's a pizza place across town conjoined with a thai and indian restaurant."

"That's nice, no Italian? Chinois?"

"Italian, Chinese, and yes French as well." Nick held a hand over his eyes, the sun was out to slay.

"My king!" Someone gasped. Nick froze in place as someone was running up to him and Luna.

"Alex." Nick smiled uncomfortably at the young man grinning from ear to ear. Alex had platinum blonde hair, silver eyes, and a permanent smile on his face. He was also a nonhuman resident.

Alex looked from his king to the woman behind him happily waiting for an introduction.

"Uhh, Luna this is Alex, the sorceress' son, he helps his mother run a small magical shop on the other side of town."

Alex robotically extended his arm towards Luna who shook it, there was a small display of sparks when their hands touched "Nice to meet you...you're a demon."

"Yup." Luna shrugged "Standing in between carbs and protein shakes."

Alex started laughing, a bit maniacally. "I'm sorry, but we've never seen our king with anyone, besides Dom. And you're a lot prettier than him."

"Thank you."

Nick gave a fake smile "Alex, do you need something?"

"Oh no, I was just getting some bread from Sal. I just came from the pet store, I never expected Dom to be such a pet person."

Nick's eyes nearly rolled out of his head, Dom was barely a people person, why the hell was he at a pet store? "Which pet store?"

"Pettiful Life, the name kind of sucks, but that's where I got my tabby. Her name is Rumi."

Alex was speaking to Luna when he said all of this. Creepy grins were a turn off.

"That's nice..I'm not a pet person." That's when the smile fell.

"O-Oh..well pets aren't for everyone." Alex gave a faltering smile "I'll see you around, I guess. My king." Alex gave a small bow before awkwardly walking towards the bakery.

"What is wrong with him?" Luna asked Nick after he was out of earshot.

"He's socially inept, like Dom. Do you mind if we stop by the shop? I can still show you places on the way."

"Lets go."

Both went on where Nick showed her where the car body shop was, next to the car wash. Then there was a few more eateries, clothing stores, jewelry, books, which lead into small portions of residential areas. Some homes were by a shop, nearby a store, or behind it. None were main residential areas, soon they began travelling towards the center of the city, all while Nick tried to hide his face, it drew a bunch of attention.

Glass giants stretched into the sky blocking out the light of the sun and shading every street. The street that the pair continued down had not only tech companies and law firms, but a section of the buildings were apartments and penthouses which sat up high, down below Nick tried hard not to get notice as they pass a small salon called Glam Pop.

Luna was staring at the salon as they passed it, Marley was there finishing up with a client as she glanced up briefly. She never saw Luna before, but she recognized Nick instantly and ran outside to catch up with him.

"Majesty!" Marley soon jumped in front of him causing Nick to stop abruptly and nearly elbow Luna in the ribs.

"Hey, Marley. We're on our way somewhere at the mom-

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to say hey. Is this a new friend?" Marley leaned to the side to wave at a reluctant Luna.

"She's a guest staying with me for awhile until she can get back up on her feet. I was just showing her the city."

"That's nice, Marley Hughes." Marley extended her hand, was everyone really on a greeting kick in the city? Even if it were fake niceness, it was weird to Luna who could see Marley practically forming questions in her mind: Who are you? Why are you here? Are you fucking the king? Why are you fucking the king? Is the king fucking you? What position are you fucking in? And how? Why? When?

Luna nevertheless shook her hand "Luna."

"Just Luna?"

"My last name is very hard to pronounce."

"Foreign?" Marley guessed.

"Ancient and demonic." Luna gave a fake grin of her own.

"Oh, no wonder why you look so different. You're a demon." What gave it all away, Marley?

"Yes she is, vampires themselves are sometimes called a subclass of demon too." Nick added as if this were a teaching moment, Luna rolled her eyes shaking her head.

"That's interesting." Marley was leaning in as if absorbing it all, fake, Luna thought it.

"Dom." Luna coughed.

"Yes, we're on our way to find Dominic-

"Um, before you go." Marley took out a small tan envelope and handed to Nick "It's a request and I'd be really happy if you could consider it."

"Of course I will, thank you your majesty." Marley gave another bow before going off into the salon.

"I feel so special, I'm the only one calling you by your actual name." Luna patted his shoulder "She's going to devour you."

"Wasn't the original mission to find someone for you to devour?" Nick gave a playful grin.

"Where, when, what time? Because I am a little snackish, your majesty."

"Be a little patient, the pet shop should be around the corner."

Nick led her to the bland building with seafoam letters that looked like cardboard cutouts spelling Pettiful Life! Nick spotted Dom immediately through the glass window by the register speaking with Brina, the shopkeeper and resident werecat. She had amber eyes and short ruffled red hair and came down to her chin.

"Oh my god. It smiles." Luna pointed directly at Dom who was apparently making Brina laugh. It didn't take him long before he noticed someone watching him. Dom came out with Brina following him, dusting off her apron.

"My king." Brina bowed politely "What brings you and friend by?"

"Dominic. We were just curious about why he was at the pet store...being as neither one of us own a pet." Nick's eyes roamed towards Dom who was quietly blushing.

"Dom's just being sweet, we're old friends after all. He just stops by sometimes, I hope it's not affecting your majesty in any w-