Vermillion 01: Safehaven

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Later that morning Luna opted to walk around the castle, viewing the city overhead, watching the people and cars zoom from place to place. When evening came around Luna went to the dining room for a snack, Dom was probably already there. Ever since Marley requested breakfast, Dom had nearly emptied the entire fridge and was still catering to her hunger needs.

Luna was glad that it was just Dom, he was leaning in a chair, his head back. Luna pulled up a chair and sat down.

"You okay?"

Dom hissed a bit sitting up completely "That little twit is worse than you are."

"I'm just going to say thank you, even though that wasn't a compliment."

Dom sighed and rubbed the side of his face "Sorry, I've known Marley. I've known various Marley's, but her...She really wanted escape from her life."

"Yeah. I can understand it, but why would she shack up with Lord Romus? It's shocking, but it's not getting her Nick. He wasn't interested in her to begin with-

"Yes, but she'll mess with us until we want to strangle her."

Luna laid her head on the cool wood "And they're staying until the next full moon...Is she an attendant or a chew toy? I could smell him all over her, or rather in-

Dom held his hand up "You don't have to relay everything to me. I don't exactly get their relationship either, but it's not important here. My count is."

"Why do you always call him count?" Luna groaned. She knew that Dom had his past, one that he finally shared at the seventh month. Dom was a sixteen year old boy running from a wolf, a normal wolf. It was late at night, raining as the winds beat against him, he pushed back. He originally came from a town where his father was murdered for killing an unarmed man for his money, his mother was verbally abusive and later arrested for the crime of simple theft.

Dom was then casted out, he hadn't a single friend in the world. His parents' crimes marked him as troubled despite all the good he did to help. Without support or guidance, he left of his own accord, stopping at to rest when he could. When he ran out of money he began resting in the woods.

One night when he walking to set up a small camp, he came upon a body. Half a body actually. The man was torn apart by a lone wolf, possibly diseased and rabid. Dom kept quiet and planned to carefully exit the woods, but it was hard with the rain water making it so slippery to walk. And when he fell, a branch snapped in two, and the wolf was upon him.

He took off immediately with it gaining on him and ended up at the door of a vampire. Nick took mercy on him, he was scratched up, out of breath, and soaked. He helped him inside where Dom became sick. Nick nursed him, almost like a little brother, taking the time to listen and wait for Dom to feel well again.

Their friendship grew from then and Dom happily aided Nick in whatever he did. Dom had walked outside to view the city on an early morning. He was attacked. His throat was slashed and his torso cut, by the same wolf that he thought he was saved from.

Nick arrived too late, Dom was dying. Instead of offering him a life exactly like his, Nick offered him a life similar to his. One where he wouldn't have to feed on the life of a another. With his last breath Dom consented. His life was then transformed for the better.

"Why do you call him Nick?" Dom asked giving a small smile.

"Because I can." Luna looked up at him "Calling him king gets a bit tedious anyway. He's my friend, he's okay with it. Your turn."

"It was the first time that I saw him nearly snap." Dom breathed "He'd been working so much lately, he hadn't the time to feed as he needed to. But I didn't feel that that was my place to say. He locked himself inside until he could get control."

"Instead of doing nothing, I bled myself in one of his very eloquent wine glasses up to the brim. The wound healed completely in a few minutes, so I had to keep cutting until the glass was full. I knocked on the door, opened it with the key that I had, slid in the glass, then locked it back.

"He took me into himself. It made me think about the exchange in turning a vampire. You give blood and then you take it, like count Dracula and his mind whipped servant, Renfield. I was turned by a vampire with darkness and light who lives here in an ancient castle as a king. I changed, I accepted the change and remain myself and not myself."

"But I'm not a vampire either, I'm loyal to him, because he is my king, my savior, my maker. And that is why I call him count on occasion."

"Cool." Luna murmured "How much did you have to clean up?"

"Almost the entire kitchen. Marley can really-

"Really what?" Luna sighed internally as she and Dom turned to face Marley, she was in a deep green dress with flowing sleeves that came up to her knees with black tights and boots.

"Gluttonous." Luna answered, she enjoyed gossip, but she wasn't afraid to speak up front either.

"Well I am changing after all." Marley pulled up a chair right next to Luna. Dom looked at Luna who just shrugged. "Werewolves have heavy appetites during times of change. Being an age old demon I thought you would know that."

"I'm pushing ninety one, I wouldn't exactly say I'm old for a demon."

"Oh? I don't know much about demons, succubi I've heard of though. Incubi as well. They're very...invasive."

"You're speaking of dreams? We can be."

"Without permission or warning, isn't that a crime?"

"It can become one, but that's mainly with our male counterparts. They're not very clear on the subject of no."

"Are you?" Luna smiled wickedly as she faced Marley who was looking smug and confident.

"Sweety, I've never been denied." Luna gave a little wink at Marley who wrinkled her nose.

"Is this something the matter with your room?" Dom asked her.

"No, Dom. Everything's up to code." Marley relaxed her face "I don't mean to be a bother, but my stomach can't rest."

"Of course." Dom got up and went into the kitchen. He felt bad leaving her with Luna, but Luna wouldn't kill her...nah.

"You've become apart of the castle home, in such a short time." Marley continued.

"I guess, Nick's just helping me."

"Aren't you a mighty demon? Why would you need help from a vampire?"

"I don't know, but I'm not into twenty questions."

Marley tilted her head to the side giggling "You don't know?"

"It's a personal matter, Marley. I didn't ask why you slid down Lord Romus' firepole, did I?"

Marley narrowed her eyes "That's a l-

"I can smell him." Luna glared "And I know for sure that Nick could."

Feeling upset, Marley was about to unleash a verbal assault of her own, but before she could open her mouth Luna opened hers.

"I'm not trying to compete with you for his affections. And I'm not here to judge your choices in life. I have my own opinions and observations. You needed love back to decide whether you wanted to stay human or not."

"It was all for love, love you couldn't acquire. So you pawn it to someone else-

"I didn't!" Marley sucked her mouth in before lowering her voice, she wasn't fully transformed into a wolf yet, but all the anger and jealousy she held inside was coming up all at once. "I could never give the love I held for his majesty to another man."

Luna rolled her eyes "All you needed was the bite, you didn't need to wrap your legs around him. Or was that your revenge?"

"You couldn't understand."

"That's fine." Luna stood up "Dom! I'm going out!"

"Waitttt!" Dom came running in with a platter stacked with sandwiches, baked chicken, rice, salad, really it was a mesh of things together (not the sandwiches for they stood alone). Dom placed the platter down before Marley "I have to stock up on food for our guests."

"You sure, she may need a napkin or some sal- Dom grabbed Luna by the wrist.

"Lets hurry before all the quality has gone from the shelves." Dom pulled her along with Luna laughing. Marley groaned to herself as she began picking apart the food piece by piece.

Dom and Luna got back around ten with Dom carrying every single bag, Luna didn't want to carry much, so she sacrificed one arm to carry the bag of bread. Everything was put up in the silence of knowing Marley was nearby. When dinner came, Luna took her usual place, Nick took his as head. Mas sat on the right side of Nick while Marley took her seat back next to Luna. The foursome nibbled for a few minutes, before the lord of Romus began to speak.

"I've never met a succubus as kind as you, Luna." Mason was astounded by her pleasantries and restraint to lash out.

"Thank you lord Mason." Luna gave a dazzling smile while feeling the heat of Marley's gaze. Nick turned to Luna.

"She is. Very sharp too. Maybe when I visit Romus-

"Yes, please bring Luna along. It will be a treat, wouldn't you agree Marley?"

"My lord, it would be a spectacular treat." Marley had gritted her teeth into a smile, everyone was praising one person, Luna. Everyone, everywhere, when did it stop? Luna wasn't what they all revolved around.

"That sounds fun. I heard that Romus was like a never ending fall. Golds, cardinals, orange, sun drenched leaves. Sounds beautiful."

"It really is, I hope that Dom can come as well." Mason added.

"That is always up to him, Dom has his pick of locations when it comes to travelling." Nick told him, Dom didn't like autumn as a season. And he really didn't like Lord Romus' servants, he wouldn't be going back anytime soon.

Dom came into the room "My count, a letter has arrived."

"At this hour?" Nick took a sip of water "Send it to the study, please. I'll read it then."

Dom bowed out into the darkness while Marley fumed over dinner.

Luna went up to the study after she cleaned her plate. Marley kept shooting her dirty looks throughout dinner, she was a child compared to Luna in that way. Luna lightly tapped against the door.

"Who is it?"

"Luna."

"Come in."

Luna complied, closing the door behind her. Nick sat at his desk looking saddened, in his hand was a black envelope with an alabaster rose wax seal, the flap of the envelope was up and the letter laid out on the surface of his desk.

Luna froze in place "The seal. That's his seal." Nick had never seen Luna frightened before, but even her voice felt as if it were shaking with fear.

"I wasn't aware of his high society status-

"He wasn't then. I-" Luna's breath got caught up in her throat, how could he have known? It wasn't possible. Luna slid down onto the floor thinking on the past.

"Luna." Nick placed the envelope down and kneeled down to the floor by the door "You're okay, I just want to know about the seal. I give you my protection."

Luna's eyes met his, teal shaded in gray mystery, but gentle, trusting. "You do?"

"Yes, come on." Nick helped her up and into a chair, sat next to her. Placing his hands on her shoulders she felt a little relief, despite being cold blooded, Luna felt warm from the touch. "Can you tell me?"

"He used to say that a white rose was beauty, elegance, purity. But it was also pain. It was me. He thought of himself as a rose, a red rose, and that together we'd create a disharmony, chaos, something he revels in."

"He would burn the symbol of a rose into his victims, the ones he toyed with when he was done playing prince charming. He'd dismember them for fun...he enjoys sex, passion, pain, and death. It empowers him."

"I understand that you have this strong bloodline." Nick removed his hands and placed them together, still a bit lost. "But he knew you'd never give in to his will. I don't understand why he'd pursue you when there are other succubi, probably with stronger powers than yours too despite bloodline."

"I don't know if he has a reason. He wants me, he'll destroy the city to do it-

"No, he won't. Because I'm sending a letter back. He knows where you are, but he sent this letter instead of appearing. Trust me, Luna. Everyone including you will be alright."

"What are you going to do?"

"What I must. I promise you that he will never claim you as his." Nick tapped her hand.

"Maybe I should call Ian, tell him I can't-

"I will contact Ian if you wish it, but I don't want you starving yourself."

"I won't. I need to sleep.." Luna felt weak knowing of what was to come.

"I'll take you to your room." Nick took her soft palm in his and walked down to her room. Luna didn't take a bath or change, but pulled the covers back and slid in.

"Can you stay?"

Nick nodded, he leaned against the corner watching her watch him. He gave her ease, and in a few hours Luna closed her eyes. Nick still remained until light broke into the room and disappeared into the study again.

The first thing Luna did was bathe, a long bubble bath, all she did was think. She stayed there for two hours before getting up to brush her teeth, smooth out her violet hair and dress. Luna walked into dining room wearing a gray frilly tank, a short dark denim jacket, a dark denim skirt, and black lace up boots.

Mason was in his red plaid pajama bottoms and white tee, Marley was wearing a sapphire blouse, navy peplum skirt and matching stilettos. Dom wore dark tones as usual, Nick was in another bluish suit. Dom was only placing down the platters as Luna took her seat. A little light lost from her eyes, Dom could tell, but he remained silent for the time being.

Dom went back into the kitchen to clean up as the four he served ate and chatted.

"Did you sleep well?" Marley asked smiling at Luna.

Luna smiled back "Like the dead, how did you sleep Marley? Long? Hard? Or were you without rest, up all night?"

Marley put her fork down "I slept just fine, are you trying to insinuate something?"

"Not at all. My lord." Luna quickly turned to Mason "How did you sleep?"

"Comfortably, thank you for asking. Nicholas, you?"

"Just fine." Nick could eat through tension and aggravation.

"Hm." Marley mumbled.

"Marley, are you well?" Nick asked.

"Perfect, your majesty." Marley grinned at Luna "Perfect."

When the month was nearly up Luna felt relief, the entire time as Marley tried antagonizing her, she was worrying about the letter, the wax seal, a new arrival coming in soon. Nick had sent a correspondence and had not heard back yet. It was one night before Marley's full transformation, her first shift. That night a hardy dinner was served, Mason himself ate a hefty amount of food.

"Superb." Mason was chewing food as Marley stuffed it in her mouth much like a hungry dog. "Delicious."

Once they ate down majority of their plates they slowed themselves down.

"This will be a proud moment, my lord." Luna told him "I can't make my own, but I know that bonds between a maker and his turned is strong."

"It is, a deep tying bond. But this is a time to revel in." Mason was grinning ear to ear like a proud father.

Marley dabbed at her mouth with her cloth "Bonding is important. And I could never give such a bond to anyone else. Don't you agree, Luna?"

"I do. Bonds are very important."

"I know, you have many bonds here now. You're practically one the city folk. Bonds with his majesty, Dom, me, my lord, the bartender-

"Ian." Luna clarified "And I do have a bond with him." Luna didn't break in a sweat or care on how Marley found out about her and Ian. She was sitting comfortably.

"A love interest, perhaps?" Mason asked.

"Maybe, I haven't given fully into the idea yet. For now we're just friends."

"And you are very giving to your friends." Marley smirked.

"And you are very giving to lord Mason." Nick coughed, trying to hint at Luna to not air it out, but it was too late. Luna was stressing enough as it is and she was tired of the poor façade.

"I serve him-

"With your vagina, yes you serve him a steamy heaping of that every night. We're all very aware." Mason choked on his food and spat it out in the cloth clearly flustered.

"Says the demon giving free head to anyone she comes across."

"I do what I must to survive, you fucked a werewolf to get turned."

"You're hoping to screw his majesty-

"No, your hopes, your dreams, all went away when Nick told you no. I don't need to whore myself to get what I want."

"Like you're one to talk, who knows who else you've screwed since you arrived. The number of men who have lined themselves in between your legs must be one that exceeds the numerical system-

"Actually it doesn't."

Marley leaned her chin on her hands, elbows up on the table smirking "Right, because your kind are so chaste, that may have gotten you here, but no one believes it."

"I don't really care what you believe in, because you are neurotic and obsessive."

"Not obsessive about swallowing, that's beyond disturbing. It's vulgar, knowing what you do with your mouth, I wouldn't be surprised at what you do with-

"I only use my mouth to please men, nothing else-

"And what's the reason behind that? You enjoy it over everything else? Natural sex-

"I haven't had sex-

"Sure, and I'm inclined to believe you, because...?"

"Because I'm a virgin!" Luna shouted at her, this silenced the table and Dom into sliding back through the kitchen door.

"Luna." Nick touched her arm, but she twisted away.

"No, this bitch has been pushing me ever since she landed on the literal tip of Romus."

"That's ridiculous." Marley told her, she poked at her food knowing she had won.

"No, it's not." Nick gave Marley a leveled stared "Luna is a virgin and it's no one's business. Least of all yours, Marley."

Marley looked at Luna completely lost "Ninety years-

"I don't know you that well, and you know absolutely nothing about me. I'm a succubus who's only experienced oral sex. Shocker. Just because you spread your legs for tension relief doesn't mean you get to release your tension out on me."

Mason crossed his arms, he too was annoyed with Marley's behavior and comments.

"I apologize for my attendant's rudeness, your majesty." Marley's eyes fell.

"I too apologize, your majesty, lord Romus, Luna. I was overwhelmed in the thought of my first shift. No words can prove the worth of my words."

"No, but your work will." Mason told her.

"You're still taking her on?" Nick questioned very gently.

"As long as she's determined and true."

"I am, I promise." Marley pleaded with her eyes, but her heart beat confirmed that she was telling the truth. She had finally accepted the idea of Romus being her new home.

"Sorry." Luna said this to Mason.

"It's understandable, the fault does not lie with you."

Dom poked his head out of the door "So...would anyone like desert?" Or a Xanax?

The next night came and moon was glowing. Nick closed himself off in his study, he told everyone that he'd meet them down in the cellar an hour before the moon became full. Mason himself decided to spend a little time away from Marley, after all she had caused an unnecessary stir, disrespected the king, his guest, and him. It would take time his heart to heal, but he still held a warm space in his heart for his attendant.

Luna was sitting on her bed in a long lilac silk gown, free flowing and cool against her skin, she had felt so heated the night before. The air whistled in as the small rustling of leaves were her only music tonight. Luna thought of watching a movie on her laptop, taking a walk around the castle, disturbing Nick's study time, see if Dom was still up, anything but sleep.

The letter still weighed on her mind to the point that she felt sleeping would only allow access to her very own purgatory crafted by the man she was to be with forever, the one who chose her and not the other way around.

As she began thinking on the subject of "him" a light rapping came at her door.

"Come in." Luna yawned, probably Nick checking in on her, he'd been doing so ever since the letter came. But of course it wasn't, it was Marley.

"Hey."

"Hi." Luna murmured, what did she have to say now?