Vermillion 01: Safehaven

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Um, I wanted to talk about some things."

"Guilty conscience? I don't care, Marle-

"No. I screwed up. And I shamed the king, my lord. My jealousy took hold."

Luna crossed her arms waiting for her to come to a point "So?"

"So, I can't pretend that I like you." Marley shrugged "I don't know you, so I can't judge or make assumptions on what I don't know."

"I was pissed and upset, the king...he's a good man. Not a prize, I fantasized this possibility.."

"You're not the first." Luna told her, many women had tried to woo and persuade king Nicholas, for his mind, his body, and all his affection.

"No, but I could never be his..I wanted him, but not his past or his responsibilities. I took everything away from what made him whole. Because I really don't understand or know him, at least not as well as Dom or you."

"We all look up and wonder, we venture up the hill, but we never really ask. Some out of fear, some just gloss over it, most do."

Marley inhaled deeply before saying this "I apologize to you Luna, and I'm sorry for hurting my king by disrespecting him in that way."

Luna sighed "Did you tell him that?"

"He said he accepted it, but I can see it. The disappointment."

Luna stretched her arms out wide "He is, he'll get over it eventually. Maybe the next time you visit or may when he visits Romus. Human or not, there is a line that you can cross without trying. You were a friend, maybe not as close as you wanted, but he sees you as a friend."

"Just give him some time to truly accept it and he will. Nick doesn't seem like the type to hold grudges."

Marley nodded unsure of what to say "Do you accept my apology?"

"No."

Marley started making her way towards the door, she felt the rejection and knew she should vacate.

"But maybe I will after the full moon. You'll be a new person, reborn, within the old sins dragging you down, with a clean slate."

Marley smiled lightly "Thank you." She then slipped through the door and exited.

The moon was near it's peak when five individuals met down in the cellar, once a dungeon that held prisoners. Four immortals and a soon to be immortal, all down in the dusk damp space. There was more than enough space for Marley's first transformation. Nick had Dom prepare the chains to lock her in ahead of time. Marley was in a black cloak, underneath she was bare for the change would tear through her regular clothes.

Mason was the one to cuff her wrists and ankles against a stone wall with moon light filling in. Dom made sure that every inch of the castle was cleansed daily, the dungeon was cleaned out once every two weeks. Before Dom came it was a dungy, blood stained, pungent hovel that once contained brave warriors, vicious assailants, and a few commoners (by the king before Nicholas).

Mason locked eyes with the moon as it shined down upon him, his eyes shifted back and forth until they were orange and wild.

"Gurhh.." Marley was starting to sway against the chains, her body began to tremble, inside she was melting, engulfed in an unbearable searing pain.

At this moment Luna was standing closest to the door, she had seen werewolves before, but never a transformation up close. How long did they have to witness this rite of passage into wolfhood?

Marley strained her wrists against the metal, cutting into her flesh which began to heal. The power she felt, the sounds she could hear, the way the air tasted were so new and confusing.

"Argh! Gerhh!" Dom watched as her fangs emerged through her screams, the last change were her eyes, they like her maker's rapidly flashed to the right and left before settling on their aquamarine hue.

"Congratulations lord Romus. It's a wolf."

Mason gave an annoyed look to Dom who looked elsewhere, apparently the joke was unappreciated.

"Let us leave the two be, Dominic prepare the early morning feast." Nick commanded him as he made his exit, Luna followed after him, Dom gave a bow before following.

Luna didn't sleep, nor did Nick, Dom of course was used to late hours of work and very little time to nap. Luna stayed in the dining room while Nick buried himself in his work again and Dom did the mad dash throughout the kitchen, whipping, flambeing, slicing, mixing, baking, and broiling all for the satisfaction of his masters.

As the sun rose Luna could hear footsteps on the stairs, the smell of sweat and relief, then the running of water. She tuned out after hearing Mason help bathe his new attendant and waited for their arrival at the dinner table.

"Feeling well?"

It was Mason, Marley was walking past him to take her usual seat.

"Yes, but I think you should be asking Marley that."

Mason smiled at her before taking his seat "It was rough, but the first transformation is always the hardest."

"But I do appreciate you as well as his majesty being present." Marley looked extremely tired, but gave a half smile at Luna.

"You're very welcome then." Luna said this quietly, shoving the history of the old Marley out of the window and embracing the new Marley before her. She was dazed, but content. If only Luna could be.

"I apologize for taking so long." Dom was balancing three trays in his arms placing them on the table before going back and retrieving the rest of their breakfast.

Lovely slices of honey ham, toast(buttered/French), jams, jellies, honey, bacon, berried scones, croissants, bagels, orange slices, apple pie, duck soufle, biscuits, cheddar, brie, swiss, camembert gouda, thick slabs of baked turkey, whipped cream, cream cheese, hazelnuts, almonds, pecans, strawberry tarts, parfaits, orange juice, grape juice, apple, grapefruit and more, and water laid out in a bountiful spread (that's all).

This time Mason threw away his table manners and lunged at the food whole-heartedly with Marley who was inhaling the sliced ham. Dom and Luna watched in complete disgust and awe as they grabbed, squeezed, and ripped food apart. The juices of their victims, their entrails still fresh and dribbling down their lips, coating their palms excessively.

Luna carefully took a slice of ham with her fork, a blueberry scone, French toast, a few cubes of swiss (sliced was an option too), a bagel slathered in cream cheese and strawberry jelly, and a cold glass of orang juice.

As she began to eat she looked to Dom "Will Nick be joining us?"

"Not this morning, no. But he will be in the grand hall this evening before bidding Lord Romus and Marley goodbye."

"He has a strong work ethic, it's to be expected as king." Mason breathed before chomping down on a piece of turkey.

"Yes, if you'll excuse me." Dom gave a small bow holding a silver tray in hand before going to Nick's study. Luna ate in silence, tuning everything else out but her own thoughts.

When the sun set Lord Romus, his attendant, Dom, Nick, and Luna all met before his throne.

"Please visit soon my king and try not to preoccupy your life with work. You need a bit of fun too." Mason held his hand out, but Nick pulled him into a hug.

"Be safe, old friend." Nick patted his back smiling, he kept smiling even when approaching Marley "You be safe too, I hope you visit."

"Of course." Marley gave Nick a gentle smile "And then we can start anew."

"Then let us say goodbye now or we will never reach that next chapter."

"Goodbye Dom, Luna." Mason gave little head nods to them and Marley parroted him.

"Goodbye my lord, Marley." Dom was formal as usual and Luna just gave a silent wave watching as their bodies became smaller eventually disappearing from sight.

Nick then walked to Luna who was still in her own head "I've received correspondence."

"Seriously?" Luna gulped a little after hearing this "What did he say?"

"He-

"Nicholas."

"Oh.." Dom stared ahead, eyes wide and in shock at who now was making their way towards the trio.

The woman looked familiar to Luna, long blond hair, bright eyes, and an almost doll-like as she held no expression, wearing an all black trench coat and boots.

"Elizabeth." Nick's smile stretched happily as he walked up and hugged her, she reciprocated.

"Who's the female version of death?" Luna asked, her presence was haunting and suspicious, wrapped in a never-ending darkness.

"The only woman to see him cry." Dom replied "The only woman to ever scare me, scare my count, even bend his will a time or two."

"Oh god.." Luna groaned now realizing who she was "The painting in the study, that's-

"Lady Elizabeth, originally first in line for the throne of Vermillion, a nearly invincible vampiress, and elder sister to our king."

"Any thing else to add?"

"She's polite and proper, good overall. But hell of wheels when you cross her."

When the brother and sister desisted, Luna felt the heat on her again as Elizabeth extended a hand t he under a frigid gaze.

To be continued...