Vicki's Story Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He was right though. Livvy was visibly upset with me and she was making it difficult. Everyone was picking sides because if Livvy found anyone talking to me, she walked away and then they were on the outer as well. When I talked to the contractors at Nan's they were almost finished. A couple of weeks and they would be done.

The more I thought about it, the more anxious and upset I became. Every time Livvy walked past me, whatever I was doing, she turned up her nose. She had Mom fired up as well. I was at the point of walking away. I decided to try one more time.

I puffed out my little titties and burst into her office. "Can we sort this out Livvy? I am sick of the fighting." She looked at me annoyed and jumped up and slammed the door. "What the hell are you doing?" She snarled. "We are at work." She slumped back down in her chair. "If you want to talk, you have had plenty of time. You are just being a bitch. What if someone heard us?"

I turned and walked out of her office as I opened the door I hissed quietly. "You will never have to worry about that again."

I slammed the door as I walked out. I stormed down to Geoff's office and pulled the door shut behind me. "Geoff, I am resigning. I am sorry it's come to this but I want out."

He was clearly taken aback. "Is this about you and Olivia?"

I shook my head and muttered. "No, I have decided it's time to move on."

He paced around. "I don't want to see you go but, if you have your mind set on it, then I won't waste time trying to change your mind."

We stood staring at each other. He turned around and I think he knew that it was about Livvy and me. "If you want to leave you can leave today. Go and clean out your desk."

It seemed curt but, I was happy. "Thanks Geoff. It's been a pleasure working with you."

He looked up at the roof in mock disgust. "I won't lie Vicki, I am disappointed. You have become a big part of this team and I had high expectations for you." We hugged and I walked back to my office and cleaned out my desk. As I was packing up, several of the team came by to see what was going on. It didn't take long before the whole office knew and as I was walking out, they all gathered to shake hands or just wish me well. Livvy looked devastated and wouldn't even look at me.

I drove straight back to my apartment and started packing up. I rang the estate agent and arranged to have my lease cancelled. I jumped in my car and hit the road. I drove up Nan's driveway and it was late. I unpacked the car and went straight to bed. Mom was the first to call and I suppose that shouldn't have been unexpected. "Honey, are you OK?"

I whispered croakily. "Yes Mom, I'm OK." She paused. "So, what's going on? Livvy said you quit your job."

"Yeah Mom, I got sick of fighting with her so I quit."

"But what are you going to do? Are you going to see her?"

I laughed. "No Mom, Livvy and I are through, that is now history." She cried quietly. "Sweetheart, you are making a mistake, that girl loves you."

By the time we finished, she had the waterworks in full flow. "Well, what are you going to do?"

"I will find a job and start again. See if I can find someone who really does love me."

Over the next week I worked flat out on the house. We finished the painting and I got new appliances delivered. I decided on which of the furniture Items would still work and I set the house up.

I went down to the storage facility and collected the clothes that I liked. Nan had supreme style. Her choices were timeless and exceptional. I picked the best ones as well as all the photo albums and some small furniture pieces.

I took the next couple of weeks off. I used the time to try and figure out what to do. Where I wanted to be. Of course, I needed a job and that became my main priority.

I guess I was disappointed that Livvy didn't even try to get in touch with me. Yeah, love me, right. All she cared about was herself. Well, if that's what she wanted then, fuck her.

I was trolling through some online job sites when one that interested me popped up on LinkedIn. I did a quick search and it didn't take long to find out Riverside Company was a private equity firm with a focus on investing in and acquiring new businesses. They have called the Terminal Tower home since it opened Cleveland offices, with seven employees, in 1991. It sounded great so I sat down and put together my CV. I filled in the application online and sent it in. Then it was back into the studies. With my Computer science degree finished, I had started on A business management degree.

The house looked sensational. The remodel had dragged it out of the sixties into today. The kitchen was amazing. Bright and white with shiny ceramic tiles, a new island and with the dining room, kitchen and Living room adjoining walls all knocked down, it was just a huge big open area. I had exposed the brickwork on the big open fireplace and added a big beam mantle. I was in love with the place. Now it flowed easily and was going to make entertaining great.

A week later and I got a call from a woman who wanted to talk about my job application. She was the HR manager and we did an impromptu interview. She seemed nice enough and we talked about lots of things. She really took the conversation to places I didn't expect. She ended on why I left my last job.

I explained that I just felt it was time to move back to Cleveland to be close to family. We ended on a good note. There were a few follow up calls over the next week which were followed up with a request to go in for a face to face interview.

On the day of the interview I took a great deal of time to get ready. The telephone interviews had been going so well, I had incredibly high hopes. I picked a navy, just below the knee, pleated skirt. It had a sneaky little slit which showed off just enough leg. I selected the perfect pair of sheer stockings. The mocha colour accentuated the navy skirt to perfection. Hmmm, shoes, I decided on the patent leather pumps. A three-inch heel, perfect for work. Just the right amount of lift but, not too tall. The blouse I chose was a creamy off white, one of Nan's and I loved the fit. Even today it was stylish and chic.

As I sat in front of the mirror, I watched as Vicki emerged. This was the part I lived for. The change, as I wiped on a moisturising foundation, highlighting the shape of my nose, felt so feminine. So in touch with my inner me. Even although I had opted not to undergo any facial remodelling or feminization, the hormones had done their job. I guess I really did have very feminine features to start with. The lipstick was my crowning glory and I chose a deep fuchsia finished off with a yummy lip gloss. I felt like a million dollars as I paraded around, pumping myself up, preparing for the interrogation.

I walked into Terminal Tower at Tower City. It didn't take long to find the office. Catherine, the HR manager, met me at the door and we went into her office where we started to talk about the job. She worked in questions about what I had been doing and career highlights. As we sat there, in walks the sexiest woman I have ever seen in my life.

She was tall, with a figure straight out of Vogue magazine. Long sexy legs that shimmered as she walked. She held herself tall with an innate sense of elegance. Her hair was tightly pulled back exposing her tall slender neck. My mouth went instantly dry and my voice seemed to disappear. She started to talk to Catherine and while she did, she turned and looked at me. "So, who are you?"

I mumbled. "I am here to interview for the junior account managers position."

Her eyes never blinked, she held me firmly in her gaze. "And what do you know about account management?"

I stuttered. "Well I have been working for...."

Before I could finish she interrupted. "I don't care who you worked for, I asked what you know about account management." Her glare became more intense, if that was possible. "What's the biggest account you have managed?"

I started to answer when she turned on her perfect Louboutin's and walked out without waiting for my answer. Catherine and I stared at each other and she looked embarrassed. "That's Constance, she's the boss." She stated apologetically. "She can be a bit intense."

The interview continued pleasantly. Catherine tried to ease the nasty vibe that Constance left in her destructive wake. We had been chatting informally for about twenty minutes when Constance returned, interrupting rudely, with little concern for where Catherine was with the interview.

'Wow, what a bitch,' I thought to myself. That was the first of several more interruptions. But the more I watched her come and go, awareness started to trickle through me. I knew this woman. I hadn't seen her for a long time but I knew her. As I searched through my ancient memories a light went off. She was the nasty bitch who turned up to Nan's party.

Catherine became exasperated with the whole process. Every time we got back into the questions, Constance strolled right in without knocking. She just barged in and took over. Eventually, Catherine got sick of it and stood up and shook my hand. "Thanks for coming in Vicki. We will let you know how you got on."

I walked out thinking that was a waste of time. As I walked back to my car I thought, that girl hasn't learned a damned thing. She is even more arrogant and insufferable than she was as a teenager.

I focused on the house. I did a little work in the garden to tidy up the years of neglect. Nan would be disappointed if she saw them now. After a couple of days tinkering around, they were starting to look something more like their former beauteous condition.

By the weekend, I had given up hope on the position at Riverside Equity Firm. Not that it worried me. After finding out Constance was involved, I wasn't sure I could work for her anyway. As I was relaxing after a day in the garden, there was a text on my phone. I opened it, recognizing Livvy's ID. 'Vicki, can we please meet? I want to talk.'

After all this time, I sat playing with the phone. I decided not to answer straight away. I was going to consider it for a while. I sat rolling the phone around in my hand. As I played with the phone, it buzzed loudly. "Hello sweetheart, how are you?"

I sucked in a breath. "I am fine Mom, how are you and Dad?" This was no coincidence, that's for sure.

"We are good honey. We were hoping to catch up. We are in Toledo and we wanted to see you. We went to your apartment but, there's somebody else living there."

I groaned. "Mom, I don't live in Toledo any more. I left." I could hear lots of conversation in the background. "Well, where are you honey." I considered what to say very carefully.

They were obviously with Livvy. "I will let you know when I get settled Mom. At the moment, I am just searching for a new job. I have applied for several around the Country."

Mom changed tack. "Have you talked to Livvy?" I smiled inwardly. "No Mom, I haven't heard from her since we split."

The conversation stalled after that. She ended with her obligatory I love you.

Immediately there was a text message from Livvy. 'Please Vicki, talk to me. I love you.' I probably should have called her but I was angry that she had teamed up with my mother. She was using her to get to me. So, I decided the best course of action and just ignored it.

Monday morning, I got another shock. It was Catherine, offering me the position starting the following Monday. After hanging up I sat back with a smug smile. Well holy shit! OK, this was it. The start of a new phase in my life. I was both nervous and excited. To soothe away some of my anxiety, I spent the day trying on all of Nan's old outfits.

I played with her shoe collection, the feel of them as I ran my hands over them. Down inside the warm clammy leather. Oh, it was heaven. I pulled on my favorites and just walked around in them. Ah, it was such sweet surrender. The rest of the week passed quickly.

Monday morning, I was up bright and early. I was in the office before everyone else so, I had to sit and wait. Catherine finally made it and we filled in all of the required paperwork and she showed me into my new office. She took me around and introduced me to everyone. My direct supervisor was Gordon, a tall, handsome well-dressed man in his late fifties. He had eaten a few too many fancy dinners as he was well overweight. I noticed it didn't stop him looking me up and down lecherously as he watched me sit across from him.

He talked me through the accounts I would be working with and I don't think his eyes ever got higher than my boobs. He made my skin crawl. There were a myriad of documents and contracts he asked me to review.

I was going to be managing ten accounts. Not big ones but significant. After getting back to my office I started to go through the contracts. I made sure I copied all of the contact details and committed the names to memory. I went over every single little detail. I asked for access to the previous manager's email so I could follow up on threads and see what issues there were.

Just after lunch, Constance walked into my office. She stood arms akimbo staring directly at me. "Victoria, I am going to get straight to the point. Honestly, you were not my choice. I didn't want to hire you. I don't think you have the experience or the drive for this business. Hiring you was Catherine's choice. If you fail, I will not only sack you but, I will sack her as well. Be warned you are both on notice." With that challenge thrown down, she turned and strutted out of my office.

I spent the rest of the day with the IT department setting up my accounts and getting access. By the time I had gotten through the last of the contracts it was after eight. As I was locking up my office I noticed that there was one other light still shining bright. It was Constance. I sucked in a deep breath and walked up to her office. I poked my head around the door and whispered goodnight. She was deep in a giggly conversation and looked up with an irritated look and waved me off dismissively.

When I got home I made a small sandwich and sat out on the front veranda and looked out over the skyline. The sky was clear, one of those beautiful warm evenings. There were kids playing out on the tree lined street. The smell of somebody barbecuing filled the air. I reclined back on my recliner and put my feet up. I felt pretty happy.

Work was crazy over the next week. I ran around organizing meetings with all the client representatives and started to get my head around their needs and what the issues were. It seemed that the previous manager had been neglecting them. I decided to make sure I put that to rest.

Gordon was a bit of a slave driver but he was only reacting to Constance. Sheesh, what a bitch. She started every day with a team meeting where she outlined everybody's tasks for the day. If you failed to meet her expectations, she ripped you a new one right there in front of everybody. It was brutal. As much as I hated her, I couldn't help but admire her determination and of course, her beauty. She was stunning. Always looking like she walked off the cover of a fashion magazine.

As I talked to the other employees, it became apparent that I was not the only one who hated her. She was despised by everyone. She had taken over the family business from her father and had turned a happy friendly office into a war zone. Everybody constantly looked over their shoulder, waiting for a knife to slide up under their rib cage. One day, I walked into the morning meeting a bit late which I knew annoyed her. I apologized immediately as I took my seat. The room went completely silent. Nobody would look at me. Well, no one except Constance, who glared angrily at me. She didn't speak, she just stared as if she was willing me to die or spontaneously combust. Die in a burning inferno right here in front of everyone.

"Incredibly busy were you Victoria?" I cringed a little at being called out in front of the team.

"I was on the phone with a client." She leaned forward over the table getting closer to me. "More important than today's meeting was it?"

I breathed deeply. "Well we were talking about some new services and if I can prove our worth it will be worth over one hundred thousand dollars so yes, I think it was important."

She sneered menacingly. "So, you couldn't talk to them after the meeting?" I shook my head. "I did apologize Constance but, Harry was about to board a plane so, it was now or never."

She turned abruptly and went back to her overhead slides.

As the meeting broke up I got a few pats on the back from team members. As I was settling behind my desk Constance burst in to my office slamming the door behind her. "If you ever try to make a fool of me again, you will be out the door so fast your pretty little feet won't even touch the ground."

Her face was merely inches from mine as she yelled across my desk at me.

"Constance, I did apologise but, as I tried to explain, Harry was about to board a plane." Seething, with fire spurting from her flared nostrils, she barked. "This better be legitimate Victoria or we are going to have serious issues." She turned and stormed out.

Lunchtime found me talking to Amanda at reception when a rather handsome man walked in. Amanda's eye followed him as he walked past with a friendly wave. "Hello Amanda."

Mandy chirped brightly, "Hi David. Have you met Vicki?"

He stopped and turned. "No, no I haven't." He held out his hand. "How are you Vicki?" I smiled back. "I am fine David, how are you?"

He peeked over at Amanda. "Is Connie around?"

"Yes, she should be in her office." He turned and walked away with Amanda still peering after him. She sniggered. "How does such a lovely guy put up with that bitch?" She glanced up at me to see what I was going to say. I just giggled. "You mean he is Constance's Husband?"

She nodded. "Afraid so honey."

I had seen him before. It was like when I met Constance. I knew David from somewhere but, I couldn't recall where...Still, it would come to me.

I stayed talking to Amanda. David and Constance eventually wandered down and walked out arm in arm. Gosh she was such a beautiful woman. I was getting a hard on just watching her as she sauntered by. I noticed Amanda couldn't take her eyes off David...

I went back to work. I now had to make sure that we won the contract extension and we got the extra work. By the end of the week, I had pushed as hard as I dare and the contract extension was ready for signing. This was going to bring in close to $300,000. I was pretty pleased with myself. I planned to announce it at the next morning meeting. That way, Constance would have to eat some humble pie.

I worked late, preparing overhead slides and a power point presentation, explaining the details. I was just about finished with them but, it was late. I checked the time and it was nearly nine. I was just adding a couple of pie charts to the slides when Constance walked by and saw me still at my desk. She walked in. "What are you still doing here?" Her stern look leaving me no wriggle room. I would have to tell her.

I explained about the contract extension. She sat down and made me go through the slides with her. Her look changed from anger to joy. "Excellent, send these to me before you leave I will present them at the meeting tomorrow."

"But I was going..." She interrupted before I could finish. "I said send them to me tonight. Don't worry you can help me tomorrow." She stood up smoothed down her skirt and walked off.

She had completely shot down my plans.

At the meeting the next morning she got there extra early and grabbed all my hand outs. As the team assembled she handed them all copies and addressed the group and fired up the projector explaining the contract wins and the extra work. There were lots of sharp intakes of breath as she worked through the numbers. Everybody was excited and of course congratulated her on the work.