Vicki's Story Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She finished off with a closing statement. "Victoria, started working on this sometime ago but ran into difficulties. She came to me for help and I have managed to bring it all together." She looked around the room with a look of total contempt. "This must be the benchmark for the future."

As we were all streaming out of the boardroom, Constance grinned at me condescendingly. "Nice work."

I was fuming. I waited for a while before getting control and walking back to my office. I didn't get much done that day, I pretty much spent the entire day dreaming up evil plots to destroy her.

The week sped by and the weekend raced towards us at warp speed. I got a call from Mom on Thursday night asking about where I was living and if we could get together over the weekend. I didn't really feel like it but, I guess the time had come. I couldn't hide from them forever. "Ok Mom, I have moved into Nan's house for the time being so, why don't you come for lunch Saturday?"

At first, she was angry. "You have been living here all the time? Why didn't you say so?"

"If you don't want to come, that's okay, I have work to do." I muttered in mock anger. Well not so mock actually.

She softened immediately. "Don't be silly dear we want to come. It's just if you had told us sooner we could have helped you settle in."

I laughed. "I didn't have that much stuff. It didn't take long."

Friday night, on the way home, I stopped at the supermarket and brought everything I would need to throw a little Saturday luncheon. I thought back to all of those parties Nan used to throw. Those were lessons well learned.