Vicki's Story Ch. 08

Story Info
The conclusion: Vicki finds redemption but does she find love?
5.5k words
4.76
1.7k
12
Story does not have any tags

Part 8 of the 8 part series

Updated 03/08/2024
Created 01/28/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,552 Followers

Chapter Eight:

A big thank you to Tim and Vicki who helped develop this story.

Monday morning was weird. I had been to my father's firm many times over the years but, it felt completely alien to me now. Okay, I knew a lot of the people as I walked through the offices. Dad introducing me to everybody, as nice as it was, was also hard. As I say, I knew a lot of these people. They had worked here for many years. Some, from the very early days.

It wasn't just that I knew them either, they knew me and because so many of them were like family to my dad, they knew there was no daughter. There was no hiding from the fact that they all knew who I was.

The handshakes were polite and firm, the greetings seemingly sincere. I felt out of place.

In my other roles, my gender was unknown, everybody thought I was who I identified as. Vicki...

Now I felt an underlying shame. I hated it, but that's how I felt. Ever since Vicki burst into my life fully, I had been proud and defiant. Determined to show the world who I was. Strong, capable and driven. Now I felt that strength ebbing, the insecurities returning.

At least once I was in my office, I could shut the door and get my breath back. It wasn't for long though. The IT manager was in my office going through my log in and setting up my new profile.

Livvy walked in as we were getting set up and walked around my desk for a hug. "Hey stranger, welcome aboard."

"Thanks Olivia. Sorry, I would love to chat but, as you can see, we're pretty busy."

She nodded. "Yes, first day mayhem. I remember it well. Perhaps we could grab lunch?" She left and I made use of the IT manager. As always, he recognized my knowledge and when I asked for some more info, he gave it freely. Clearly, Dad had instructed him to give me whatever I asked for.

After he was gone, I set about setting up my office.

The Huntington building. I remember when they were building it, Nan took me up the Terminal Tower to see the construction. The Observation deck wasn't open to the public back then but, Nan always had her connections and we were allowed out to take in the incredible vista. Even today it is still an imposing building although, these days, they are both dwarfed by the Society Building.

My office had an amazing view and for quite a while I stood there staring out across the city-scape.

It felt good in a way, there was a certain familiarity, which in itself was reassuring.

With my computer access granted and approved, I decided to charge ahead. The office, my cocoon, I phoned around my old client list. I tried to make it seem like I was just keeping them in the loop. That I had moved on and if there was anything I could do for them, just to let me know. Informal rather than a pushy sales pitch. By lunch time, I had three coming in for visits to catch up over the next week.

At one, Livvy knocked on my office door and poked her head in. "Still up for lunch?"

We walked down to cafe Ah Roma. "How are you finding the new job?" I asked.

"I love it, your Dad has been so amazing and so welcoming. Everybody has been great."

"How's Lisa?"

"She's probably sick of me. It's weird, we are so close and we love each other but, we cannot live together. If I don't find an apartment soon, I'm not sure what I'll do. Jackie has been sweet. She found a good real estate agent."

"Livvy, I was serious. If you want to move in with me you can. I have spare bedrooms. You can have your pick."

"She winced, her eyes taking on a serious look. "I thought you were just putting on a front for your parents."

"No, it was a genuine offer."

"Vicki, I moved here to try and reconnect with you. This move was all about you and me. I was about to close on becoming partner. In saying that, I don't want to force it, if you are serious then, I would love it."

I nodded, "Then it's settled. Move in whenever you're ready."

"What about us Vicki?"

"I'm not going to live the way we were. If we're going to be partners in life. Then it has to be out in the open. No more sneaking around pretending we don't know each other. For me, it's either all in or nothing."

She nodded, her face a grimace. "I sort of knew that's what you would want."

"Are you ready for that Livvy?"

"I'm not sure, god damn it. Everything's moving so fast."

"I get that, I feel the same in many ways. Walking through the office, all of the long-standing employees know me, they know the family. They know damned well there is no daughter. I feel like now, there's no hiding from who I really am."

She reached across the table, and grabbed my hand. "Hey, relax okay. There's nobody stronger than you. When I think of everything you went through...and without any support. Well, I think it was heroic. You built a whole new life for yourself."

"Yeah, but it was easy. When I'm Vicki, I am strong and determined but, when I'm Francis, I am like a frigging church mouse."

"Then be Vicki...Just because they knew who you used to be doesn't stop you from showing them all who you really are. Stand tall, you have nothing to be ashamed of. You are a beautiful strong woman."

I squeezed her hand tightly. "Say that bit again."

What, about being strong?"

"No, you teasing bitch. The beautiful bit. I want to hear that again."

"Vicki, you are beautiful and I love you."

"I love you too Livvy. Thanks for the pep talk. I needed that."

"Would tonight be too soon, to move in?"

"No, you are welcome to move in whenever you're ready. I might have a late night tonight. I have a lot of calls to make. A lot of emails to send off."

"Sounds promising." She said supportively.

"Yeah, I'm going to steal every client I can from Connie."

"Wow, she must have really hurt you."

"Not me." I told her the story and she seemed unconvinced. "You have been holding a grudge like that?"

"Yes, I know. It sounds petty and stupid but, that hurt me. Nan thought the world of her and she was cutting her down behind her back. Don't get me wrong, everything I saw while I worked there only amplified my dislike for her. She treats everybody like garbage. She is the most hated person I have ever met."

I saw a different Livvy appear. Strong, angry, but determined. "Then we have to take her down. I'm pretty busy, getting my feet under my own desk but, I will help wherever I can."

"No, I've got this. I built great relationships with all of the clients I worked with. I know damned well I can bring them on board."

If I was to be honest. It did feel a little underhanded but, my dislike for Connie fueled my drive. It was getting late when I finished up. Dad popped into my office, pulling the door shut behind him. We went over the day and I brought him up to speed with the clients I was chasing.

He seemed more than impressed when I said I had meetings throughout the week with some of them. He nodded. "If you can bring them on board, there will be a hefty bonus in it for you."

"No bonus Dad. The payoff for me will be seeing the look on Connie's face."

"We can talk about it later."

As we chatted, there was a rap on the door and Livvy popped her head in. Seeing Dad, she apologized. "Sorry, didn't mean to butt in."

I reached into my drawer and took the house key off my car key ring. As I tossed it to her I said. "Don't lose it. That's the only one I have. I will get you another cut tomorrow so you have your own."

She blushed, realizing Dad knew what was going on. She pulled the door closed as she disappeared.

"You could have left with her Vicki."

"Nope, I still have a lot of phone calls and emails to work through. I'm waiting on a call back at the moment. I made you a promise Dad, I intend to make good on it."

"Well, you can work late if you want. I'm leaving."

"I will see you in the morning Dad."

It was another two hours before I pulled up my driveway. I couldn't park in the garage or even in front of it. The damn place was awash with cars. My Moms car, Livvy's and one I didn't recognize.

As I walked in, I heard the laughter and chatter. Mom, was helping Lisa and Livvy move furniture and carry boxes into what was obviously going to be Livvy's room.

"What in god's name is going on?" I watched from the door way."

Mom glanced my way. "Hello dear. We are simply helping Livvy move in. Surely you didn't expect the poor girl to carry all this by herself?"

"No, but I wasn't expecting to find a noisy removal team destroying my house either."

"Oh, don't be so dramatic. You are carrying on like a drama queen."

"Drama queen..."

I turned and left them to it. I was starving, and needed something to eat. I clattered around in the kitchen preparing something to eat. "Wow, that smells nice." Said the voice over my shoulder.

I felt Lisa's breasts squashed against my back, her hands resting softly on my shoulders as she peered over to see what I was cooking. The crumbed chicken pieces sizzled in the pan. The spicy, aromatic seasoning filling the air with sensory overload.

The garlic fried, crunchy croutons, only adding to the mix. Rather than back off, she wriggled closer, her chin resting on my shoulders beside her hand. Her hot wet breath wafting across my neck. I had to suck in a deep breath to regain control as I sliced up the vegetables for the salad. "You are such a good cook. I am so jealous. Livvy is going to get this every night. Damn that girl is so spoiled."

She moved back though when she heard Livvy calling her name.

Lisa scampered off to join them back in Livvy's room. I set the table and called them for supper.

Mom turned up first and I heard her sharp intake of breath. "Heavens above Vicki."

I opened a bottle of wine and went around the table filling glasses. Mom took the opportunity to sneak a hug. "You amaze me more every day sweetheart. I love you Vicki, seeing you happy and so in charge of your life. Golly, I just can't hold in my pride."

"Thanks Mom, I love you as well. Thanks for supporting my choices as well. I know it must have been hard for you."

"That is true, losing Fran, that was hard. Gaining a wonderful, beautiful daughter, that has made up for everything. I am so sorry I wasn't around more when you were younger."

"Mom, lets focus on the future, history is exactly that."

Lisa and Livvy strolled in, hand-in-hand, giggling crazily. When Livvy saw the table, she gasped. "Oh my god Vicki, it's almost nine O'clock. We were only talking about ordering pizza or something."

"I thought a celebration might be in order. First night in your new home."

She slipped into my arms and we hugged it out.

"Vicki..." Mom gushed as she bit into the chicken. "This, my dear, is delicious."

We chatted about work and Dad's upcoming birthday. Mom was arranging for a huge surprise party. Apparently, Livvy had been helping out. Shit, even Lisa knew about it.

"Why didn't you tell me Mom? I could have helped."

"Darling, you have been so busy. I did not want to stress you out."

"I think we should put her in charge of the catering, I mean god this is so frigging tasty." Lisa said.

"She might be right Jackie." Livvy added teasingly. "Although, you would have to do all the cooking Vicki."

"No, and hell no." I grumbled. "I am not going to be left with catering. What are you getting him for a gift?"

Mom smiled broadly. "I have organized for a long weekend golf trip for him and his crazy golf mad friends."

"Awesome, he'll love that. I guess I'll have to think of something else to give him."

"Nonsense sweetheart. You have given him the greatest gift. You signing on so you can work together. Honestly darling, that is all he has ever wanted."

"He might not think so in a few weeks Mom. I'm pretty sure Connie is going to come gunning for me when she sees how many of her clients I've stolen."

Mom chided me with a smile. "Your father has dealt with far tougher opposition Vicki. Have some faith, sweetheart."

"I don't doubt Dad's ability or toughness. What worries me is, this is going to get personal. She knows enough people from our firm. I'm sure she's already talking to them and it won't take a lot for her to dig up the truth about me. Mom, she's going to take great pleasure in telling the world who I am."

Mom leaned across the table and snarled. "Let her. Franklin and I have talked at great length about this. We both knew it was coming Vicki. What's more, we are going to be resolute in standing beside you. Who cares if the world finds out? You said to me you were proud of who you are. Well, so are we. We are not going to cower to the likes of her."

Shocked at her staunch determination, I sat, stunned into silence.

"Well young lady, are you proud, or not?"

"Yes I am. I was concerned that the firm would suffer because there is a lot of stigma attached to being trans. People don't understand. There will be prejudices and bigotry. Clients will leave Mom."

"I said it already Vicki, let them. If that is who they are, we do not want to do business with them anyway."

I glanced across at Livvy and she was white as a ghost. "What do you think Livvy?" I asked knowing her answer already.

"You might be right Vicki, there are prejudices. Even in the gay community, trans people are treated badly. We all have our subconscious prejudices."

Glancing at Lisa, who had a smirk painted on her face, I asked. "What about you, what do you think?"

Her smirk widened until she snapped out. "I agree with Jackie. Fuck em. Vicki, I'll be honest okay. I have treated bi sexual and trans people really bad. It wasn't until livvy and then I met you that I had to take a look in the mirror. Yeah, I've been a bitch and doubted bisexual couples and people. I always figured they were gay but, too scared to fight. I'm a feminist okay. Ever since I came out, I've had to fight for everything I wanted. I had to be twice as good as the person beside me."

"Yeah, I get that. My defense has been, nobody knew. The moment I walked into work and I walked around the office, I saw it in their faces. They knew who I was and it made me feel weak. All my insecurities came bubbling back to the surface. I felt like Fran again."

"Sweetheart..." Mom said softly. "You are going to have to be strong. I know you, this did not happen by itself. You have created a life for yourself. You did it by yourself. You are strong, you can do this. If you truly are proud of who you are, then do not hide from it."

"You're right Mom. I'm just going to have to tough it out. So long as you and Dad are prepared for the fall out."

"Oh, trust me sweetheart. We are more than ready. In fact, your father already has an ad campaign he wants to run. He wants to promote the fact our firm offers good jobs to people regardless of their ethnicity or sexuality. We think there is real benefit in being proactive."

"Holy shit, really?"

"Yes. In fact, tomorrow, every employee will receive an email asking if they would like to be involved in the campaign. We want to put faces too the campaign, make it real. Franklin wants you to be front and center darling."

They helped me with the cleaning up, then Mom gave us all a group hug before leaving. Lisa followed soon after, promising to be back tomorrow night.

Livvy moved into the lounge area, bringing us both a cup of tea. "What are you going to do about that email Dad's sending out?" I asked.

She grimaced, using her cup of tea as a chance to collect her thoughts. "I don't know Vicki. Shit, I wish I had your courage. I know you're going to take it all head on, as you always do. Shit, I remember back to that SAP change over. Within a week, you had all those manuals committed to memory. You knew more about SAP than their crappy techs did. That's who you are. I know this is different, but I know you."

"Livvy, at some point in your life, you have to stand up and be counted."

"Christ, you sound just like Lisa. She's always on my case about coming out. You know, we were supposed to do it together. I was with her when she came out to her parents. Then, we were supposed to go to my parents and tell them. I chickened out."

"I'm not going to lecture or pressure. You will know when the time is right."

She finished her tea and stood quickly. "I'm ready for bed. Thanks for letting me move in Vicki. It feels wonderful being here, not just the house. It's what you've created, it feels right, warm and cozy. So, thank you."

"It's nice to have you here and I do want it to feel like your home."

"Goodnight Vicki." She said, as she sauntered off to bed.

As Mom promised, the email was there for every single employee. It caused quite a stir. Everywhere I went, it seemed people were talking about it. It was after ten when Dad walked into my office. "Can we talk Vicki?"

"Yeah, come in."

He sat on the leather couch staring at me. "I assume you got the email?"

I nodded. "Yep, I got it."

"What do you think?"

I laughed softly choosing my words carefully. "I haven't decided if it's genius, or stupidity."

"Vicki, the worlds changing, and things are different today. We have to change with the times. We can choose to be accepting and inclusive or we can bury our heads in the sand. I choose option A. I have always been proud of my company. I built this. I didn't inherit it. I started with nothing and made it what it is today."

"You should be proud Dad. It is a wonderful company."

"Yes, it is but, I have to say, finding out my son was really my daughter, shocked me. I had to interrogate myself. I was a bigot. I looked down my nose at gay people, trans people. I treated them like aliens, like they were nothing. You changed me Vicki. You made me look at myself. If this company is going to be my legacy. I want it to be a good one."

"I'm with you on that one Dad."

"Good, then will you be the face of our campaign. It will mean we take away Connie's weapon. She is already talking to people. If we're going to do it. We have to move fast."

"But what about your clients?"

"Vicki, the government is pushing legislature through already. They stipulate we have to employ people of color, ethnicity and gender. It's already happening. I say we be proactive."

"I don't know Dad. All the people I have been dealing with all think I'm a woman. They may feel deceived."

He shook his head, disagreeing with me. "Did you tell them you were a woman?"

"No."

"Then why would they feel like you deceived them? You identify as a woman."

"Yes, but..."

"No buts, Vicki. There are some things we need to do and they must be your mission today. You need legal documentation. Everything has to be legit."

"Yeah, okay. I can do that."

"Good girl."

He was gone and my day turned to shit. It was full of rushing around trying to legalize my new persona. I still had a bunch of follow up phone calls and zoom meetings with clients. Now though, I had a new-found purpose.

Dad was moving as well. He organized, without my knowledge, a luncheon to introduce me to the staff. It was fully catered and everybody gathered in the boardroom. We all ate and mingled, until Dad took control.

"Folks, today is a new day for me and a new beginning for this firm. It is a moment I have sought for a long time. I always wanted my offspring to work here with me. I wanted to hand on the baton. Well now I get the chance.

You have all met Vicki, at least I hope you have. What some of you have guessed is that Vicki, who in a former life, was my son Francis."

There were a few gasps from those who didn't know. As I looked around the room, I spotted Mom in the corner, holding Livvy's arm. She had her head held high and she looked proud.

Dad continued. "I will be honest, it came as a shock to me, when I found out Fran was in transition and was now Vicki. Yes, I'll admit to being shocked, disappointed, horrified. All the above. What happened next, surprised me though folks. I got to know her and I am proud to stand here today to introduce you to my daughter Vicki."

Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,552 Followers
12