Vicki's Story Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was a loud chorus of cheers and some applause. Dad held out his hand and with tears in my eyes, I walked towards him. He opened his arms and hugged me.

Turning to the crowd, I said. "Hi, I'm Vicki and I'm not looking for special privileges. All I want is to be treated like everybody else. I want to be part of the team. I hope to bring new business into the firm and I look forward to working closely with all of you."

I was rushed by a small group of employees and it quickly became apparent, many of them were gay. We talked and what stood out for me was, how excited they were about having a voice. The conversation was so moving, I was stunned by how quickly they opened up, prepared to share their stories. Dad joined us and I could see, he was a little overwhelmed by the emotions being shared.

He listened intently, not knowing where to look. In my entire life, I had never seen my father so touched or emotionally affected.

He apologized immediately, reaching out and holding a young woman's hand. He held her hand in both of his and squeezed tightly. His words of empathy and apology brought tears to her eyes.

Her story of being a lesbian and having to hide that for fear of recrimination, brought more apologies from Dad and a promise things were changing.

When he told them I was going to be the face of the new ad campaign, there was no room for me to back out. I know Dad hadn't meant to trap me, and his motives were real and honest. I think he had allowed himself to become emotionally involved, invested if you will.

He waved for Mom to join the conversation. She led Livvy, by the hand, and I sensed Livvy's reticence, reluctance even to tell her story.

Mom, though was much like Dad, completely overwhelmed by the stories of the growing group of men and women openly sharing their stories of persecution. Being gay in a world so deeply prejudiced. Livvy started crying as the depth of despair. Mom had to hold her up she was so affected.

I walked over and hugged her. "Hey, it's okay."

"No it's not. I feel terrible." She looked around the group of gathered faces and whispered hoarsely. "I'm gay, I have been my whole life. I have kept that secret so buried, only my very closest friends know it."

A young girl, who I recognized as the office girl Friday, walked up and embraced Livvy so tightly. "It has been the same for me. Nobody knew about me, not until today."

She glanced at Dad and said. "Thank you for what you are trying to achieve. It means a lot to me."

Mom spoke for the first time. "Not as thankful as we are. I, like Franklin, have to apologize. If it wasn't for Vicki, we would be living, totally unaware of the harm we were doing. It has to change, it has to. We cannot go on persecuting people."

Livvy kissed Mom, hugging her tight. "Thank you, Jackie."

It all sounded so positive, so uplifting. Of course, nothing ever goes as we plan. There were people within the company who didn't share the same beliefs. That is the beauty of living in a free world. Opinions, very positions, can be polar opposite but, so long as we are polite and understanding, we can live together.

Livvy and I struggled at first, living as house mates. It was fun but, tense. The underlying thing was, we both wanted more. I tried to convince myself I would be detached. What a joke, having her living there, walking around in next to nothing, cooking and cleaning together. I was in love all over again.

Every day, I felt myself falling deeper into her abyss.

Lisa was a constant visitor, she even stayed over. The house was full of laughter and conversation. Coming home to a house filled with joy made it feel so much more like a home.

She surprised me though, when she invited a bunch of people from work for a small dinner party. She had made friends with several of the gay women. Well, what a great night. It was so enjoyable, talking openly, holding nothing back.

It was funny when she was asked about girlfriends. Livvy glanced guiltily at me. It wasn't missed by Sharon, who gasped. "Oh my god, are you two more than friends?"

Livvy blushed bright red. It was Lisa, who laughingly said. "They used to be lovers but, Livvy was too scared to come out of the closet."

Sharon giggled shyly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to open up old wounds."

"No need to apologize." Livvy sighed. "We are friends now and Vicki has been so kind, giving me a home."

Dads campaign got underway and Dad, being Dad, he did nothing in half measures. He ran newspaper and TV ads. For myself, it was time consuming. It grew legs and suddenly, I was sucked into TV interviews as well as radio and magazine interviews. At first, I was nervous about revealing myself but, as it went on, I was uplifted by people contacting me. Telling their stories, encouraging and thanking me for providing a voice and for giving them courage to speak out.

Connie did try to discredit me and the firm. She was wasting her time. Dad had been right to take the offensive and there was strangely, a level of support for his position. For myself, it was my reputation and the work I had already put in. Clients liked my honesty and work ethic.

Livvy, Mom, Dad and I were enjoying lunch one Sunday at a very upmarket restaurant.

"You filthy, disgusting, little fuck"

Surprised we all looked up to see Connie, waving her finger at me, as she staggered drunkenly. "You think you can destroy my company. You ungrateful pervert. It's not happening, people are sick of dealing with a lying, deceitful tramp."

Dad stood up and waved to the Maître d' and said quietly. "Connie, keep your voice down. You are making a fool of yourself."

"Fuck you Frankie, I know what you're up to...trying to steal my company."

"Your company," Dad snarled. "That was your father's hard work. You have done nothing but run it into the ground."

The Maitre d' arrived and tried to quieten Connie down but, by then she was on a roll. Her voice got louder. She snatched her arms out of his grasp, as he tried in vain. "Fuck you all." She screamed. "Fucking sexual perverts."

The cops came and that's when it got nasty. She took exception to being escorted outside.

Our luncheon was pretty well ruined. The restaurant was wonderful but, the mood was gone.

"Let's go back home, I'll cook something."

Livvy helped and we quickly put together a nice lunch. Mom and Dad stayed for a while but, it was after they left, I was in the kitchen tidying up when, I felt Livvy slide up behind me. Her arms wrapping my waist. Her head resting on my shoulder. Her glorious gorgeous breasts, pressing against my back.

"Have I told you lately that I love you?" She whispered softly.

I turned in her arms and my arms circled her, our mouths joining in a sensuous gentle kiss. Our tongues reacquainting.

"Vicki, I'm sick of living in fear, of being ashamed. I want you back."

"I am happy to hear you say that Livvy, because I love you so much it hurts. Every day has gotten harder to keep my feelings muted.

The kiss grew. Without words, we were in bed making love, the world ceasing to exist outside our emotional embrace. It was a moment of deliciously arousing passion. We fell asleep in each other's arms and we were only awakened by the phone ringing.

"Vicki, have you been watching the news?"

"No Mom, we don't watch it."

"There was a section on Connie's outburst at the restaurant. One of the waiters filmed the whole thing. She was arrested for assaulting a policeman."

I laughed loudly. "Wow, couldn't have happened to a nicer person."

"Is Livvy busy, I wanted to talk to her?"

I handed Livvy the phone. "Hi Jackie." She breathed. As they chatted about Dads party but, having her in my arms, I couldn't resist kissing little pathways across her skin.

"Stop it." Livvy giggled. "I'm trying to talk to your mother."

"What in heaven is going on?" Mom asked.

"Vicki is being naughty." Livvy said between kisses.

"I think I shall hang up." Mom said jokingly. "It is nice to hear you two getting on so well."

It was the beginning of a wonderful period. Livvy and I worked closely together on the new client's projects and it was nice having her by my side.

The only downside was, the weekend we drove back to Toledo to tell her parents about her sexuality...and to introduce me to them. I wish it had gone well but, it was exactly the opposite. We didn't exactly get kicked out but, that's how it felt.

The drive home was completed in tears. Mom phoned to check up. When she heard Livvy sobbing her heart out, she invited us to dinner.

Mom and Dad met us at the door and Mom quickly embraced Livvy. "Sweetheart, we are here for you. Sometimes parents will take time. Give them a chance to absorb."

"No, I knew what would happen. They are so bigoted but, I don't care."

Mom kissed her and rubbed her back lovingly. "We are always going to be here for you darling. We love you."

"Thanks Mom." Livvy spluttered unintentionally "Oh my god...Jackie. I'm so sorry."

Mom hugged her tightly. "Don't you dare apologize. I love my sweet little child. Heavens, I would be proud to be your mother."

"And I, young lady." Dad said loudly from the background. "Would be proud for you to become a proper member of this family. We'll adopt, unless our daughter has a better idea."

"You know it's not legal Dad."

"Who cares about legal."

I had long been carrying my Nan's wedding ring in my purse. On an impulse, I retrieved the ring, knelt down in front of Livvy and said those words.

"Livvy, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

I held the ring out and she took it with trembling fingers. I saw her turn to Mom and Dad who were standing together, arms around each other.

"Yes." She said tearfully. "I would be honored. We kissed softly, before she was enveloped by my mother, who sobbed so loudly we could all hear.

Dad followed suit and welcomed me into his arms. "Congratulations! You have made us very happy Vicki. We are blessed."

The end

12