All Comments on 'Virginia Beach'

by ErinPage

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice. Well done. Good premise.

Did you read through your manuscript before submission? There are a few obvious errors that could have been amended if you had - but I think you should continue your submissions which will only improve with experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Agree it's a good story. I enjoyed reading it. Even though it is long for my taste, I looked forward to continuing as I reached the end of each page...A real page turner.

The language errors detract a bit from a wonderful story. Use a spelling and grammar checker. Watch the quotation marks, and homophones. Have someone else proofread it for you.

Thank you for submitting. i'd love to see more.

PrfsrPrfsrover 2 years ago

Yes, you need to have a knowledgeable person read your work as there are many errors, the most distracting being the homophones. Here are just a few of the ones I noticed:

shutter - shudder

hole - whole

thrown - throne

grown - groan

heals - heels

guarder - garter

presents - presence

Keep writing!

Nzguy78Nzguy78over 2 years ago

Very cool story, I hope you write more

tralan69ertralan69erover 2 years ago

I really liked this story.

Keep writing and thank you.

Seabrine241Seabrine241over 2 years ago

Enjoyed the overall story and had to read each page. The errors in spelling and other errors would have made a smoother read. I hope you continue to write and I will read, Thank you for the entertainment.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

An interesting story of youth developing and overall excellent quality throughout only spoiled by the grammatical errors especially homophones. The diary was a great idea though I expected to see more of her Gram.

Great start, hope to read more of your stories before too long. 5 ⛤

IJS0904IJS0904over 2 years ago

Excellent story! Spelling issues pulled me out of the story in places and a good editor would help with that. Still I give you five stars. I would like to see a sequel.

Moses1953Moses1953over 2 years ago

An excellent story! Terrible (lack of) proofreading! Spelling, homophones, quotation marks misplaced. It's otherwise such a well-told tale, it's a shame to be jarred out of immersion in it by errors. Sometimes the writing seemed so 'literate' and then there'd be some glaring screw-up. Tch, tch. (Wagging finger Bitmoji here)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dr beulahthebrit; Excellent start to your story, as other's have pointed out, spelling and grammar needs work, a bit more proof-reading maybe, I found printing it out onto paper, then reading and correcting mistakes help. Liked how every person in the story was developed. Please post the next part ASAP.

Longingly_aloneLongingly_aloneover 2 years ago

Cute story. Reminds me of high school.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userErinPage@ErinPage
Hey all, Oh boy, it’s been a minute. The creative juices are beginning to flow! I have several new story’s I have been working on as well as the final parts to Virginia Beach! Thanks for all of the great feedback! Keep it coming and as always be sure to vote! Live, love,...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES