Virtual Life Experience Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So why can't lover-boy here just send her a mental message with course headings and speed and distance and such and she can will the ship to do it?" asked Marcella.

"It becomes a problem of units," replied Leo.

"Units?"

"Headings, speeds, distances all become random numbers without meaning unless they are tied to units that the control system understands. Since the CTPs would not have knowledge of any of our units, their control system wouldn't understand them either."

"But Blue has learned our units, or some of them. We could explain any she doesn't know based on the ones she does and she could teach the control system, since it reads her thoughts."

"Perhaps, but I'm not sure that's how it works. It may just react to direct, simple mental commands: 'go that way', 'faster', 'stop', et. cetera. It may not even understand the concepts of numerical headings, speed and distance in any units."

Leo typed furiously on a panel for a moment, then stated, "Based on the available information, Violet indicates the odds are poor that your scheme will work." He hesitated a moment, then added, "She thinks they may have a bigger problem."

"What's that?" asked Mario.

"Limited oxygen. The CTPs live in a fluid environment. It is highly unlikely that they would have installed a life support system that would serve the human need to breathe oxygen. The ship is filled with Antolan air and thankfully, that is oxygen rich, but it will only last so long. Violet concludes the passengers will all die from lack of oxygen three days, 4 hours and 23 minutes before they reach Earth, at their current rate of speed."

"Maybe the ship can go faster?" suggested Mario.

"Which brings us back to the original problem. Speed is useless without heading."

They all fell silent for a few moments, then Marcella spoke up. "Connect the dots."

"What?" asked Mario.

"Connect the dots," she repeated triumphantly. "Well, not really connect, more like aim for them."

"You're not making sense."

"Do it visually. Pick out a prominent star in her field of view that is roughly in the right direction and just tell her to aim for it, full speed ahead. When that no longer serves its purpose, pick another to aim for."

Leo looked at Marcella with surprise. "Simple, yet brilliant," he mused.

Momentarily forgetting her distaste for him, Marcella hugged Leo. Reflexively he wrapped his arms around her, then turned bright red and dropped his hands to his side, not sure where to put his hands on her naked body.

Marcella pulled away quickly. "I'm not just a pretty face, you know."

Mario couldn't resist, "Yeah, she's a hot body, too."

"Speaking of which, do you think you two could maybe put some clothes on?" asked Leo. "I'm already socially awkward enough without being the only clothed person in the room."

This time it was Marcella who couldn't resist, "You could just take yours off . . ."

Leo turned a brighter shade of red.

"OK, that's enough. We've got work to do," said Mario.

Leo brought up an image of Blue's latest view of the cosmos from inside the ship and they picked out a star to aim for. Mario memorized the pattern of stars around it. Hours later, he got back into the chamber, chose Blue and waited.

The rest of the humans on board were napping, but Blue remained steadfastly in position to control the ship. As Mario saw through her eyes, he picked out the familiar pattern of stars and found their target. He could feel her legs cramping from staying in one position too long. He felt her presence pushing its way into his mind.

"Mario help? Thank Mario," came the voice in his head.

"Yes, Blue. Look for the cluster of five bright stars about 30 degrees to port and 10 degrees below your current horizon." He prayed she wouldn't change course in the time it took for his message to transit through space. "About 10 degrees directly to port of that is a large red star. Hopefully you can see the mental picture I am sending you. Aim for that, as fast as the ship can go. Do not change course until I tell you to."

Mario left the chamber. There was nothing to do but wait for two hours to see how she would react to his message.

Somewhere in the Milky Way Galaxy

Jason felt a little panicked as Blue's words sunk in. "So, we made a miraculous escape from aliens intent on our death, only to drift in space until we die of starvation."

"If it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure we will run out of oxygen before we die of starvation. I would guess we've got about 10 or 12 days' worth," said Brandon.

"That's comforting," said Nikki, rolling her eyes.

Blue smiled. "Blue contact human planet. Get help."

Jason looked at her in surprise. "The ship can communicate with Earth?"

"I don't know," answered Blue.

Jason realized that it undoubtedly had the capability, the question really was whether they could figure out how to make the CTP communication system work and whether the humans on Earth could decipher any signals they sent. Still, Blue seemed to be talking about something else. "How did Blue contact Earth, then?"

Blue pointed to her head. "Blue can feel humans, humans are here."

"Mental telepathy?" wondered Jason, aloud.

"Maybe . . . I can feel Blue in my mind when I touch her. I know that sounds crazy, but . . ." said Brandon.

"No, it's not crazy . . . or maybe we're both crazy, because I've felt it too," answered Jason.

"OK, but how does that explain her contacting people on Earth?" asked Nikki.

Brandon ventured a guess, "Maybe it's the VLE data stream?"

"Doesn't that data only go one way?" asked Jason.

"As far as I know, yes," admitted Brandon.

"Blue, has anyone responded from Earth?" asked Jason.

"No, not yet."

Jason's heart sank again. It was a dead end. Even if she really was capable of reaching out to the VLE users, there wasn't any way for them to respond back. No, they were going to die out here.

"Maybe we should have taken our chances with the CTPs."

"No, CTPs kill humans. Jason wait. Earth humans help," Blue said with a smile.

Jason didn't have the heart to argue. She was so innocent and trusting. What point would there be in explaining the hopelessness of the situation to her.

Jason sat down beside Nikki and took her hand. She rested her head on his shoulder. He pushed the thoughts of despair aside. He wasn't going to live to be an old man, but he had a good life. He had crammed more adventure into it than most people experience in a lifetime. He looked down at Nikki and thought he'd experienced a lot of love too.

He must have dozed off, but he awoke realizing Blue was trying to ask him something.

"Hmm . . .what?" he asked.

"What means '30 degrees to port and 10 degrees below your current horizon'?" repeated Blue.

Jason stood up and pointed, "that would be in about that direction." He explained the meaning of 'Port' and 'horizon' as best he could to her.

"Blue is not lost!" she said triumphantly. "Blue aim for red star." She pointed to her target. The ship suddenly accelerated and Jason was thrown back against the wall.

"Where did you get those directions?" he asked, struggling against the constant acceleration.

"Mario."

Jason looked at Brandon then back at Blue, puzzled. "Who's Mario?"

"Mario Earth Human. Mario help Blue."

Jason exchanged glances with Brandon, who shrugged. Perhaps she had really contacted Earth, or perhaps it was just her imagination. Still, they had nothing better to go on.

A pattern began to develop. About every four hours, Blue would claim to get a new heading from 'Mario.' Once, they realized that Blue could disconnect from the cylinder and the ship would maintain heading, course and speed, Blue was able to get some sleep between contacts.

As the days passed, the contacts began to get closer together. It was Brandon that suggested that they were closing the distance with Earth, thereby shortening the communication delay. Jason began to believe that maybe it wasn't all in Blue's head.

At one point, after getting a new heading, Jason noticed that Blue had shoved her free hand into her shorts and was playing with herself. She saw him looking and she grinned. "Mario tell Blue something. Something Mario try to hide, but Blue find in Mario's head."

That had Jason curious. "Yes?" he encouraged.

"Mario want to fuck Blue," she said with a sly smile.

Jason laughed. "I'm pretty certain there are lots of men on Earth that want to fuck Blue."

She clapped her hands in delight. "Blue like Earth."

"Oh Lord, Brandon, she is going to be a handful when we get there."

Brandon gave Blue a reproachful look. She cast her eyes down.

"Blue is sorry. Blue is Brandon's girl." She walked over to him and dropped to her knees. "Brandon forgive Blue?" She unzipped his pants then looked up at him with wide innocent eyes as she pulled out his cock.

"I forgive you," Brandon said as she took him in her mouth. Even with the sensations that her mouth was producing, he could feel her probing his mind. Too late, he realized her mental probing was not so innocent. He had a fleeting thought, one he would rather not reveal to Blue, but she grabbed it.

He heard her reaction in his head. "So, Brandon would like to fuck Nikki? Shall Blue tell Nikki?"

"No. Please." Brandon reddened.

"Blue forgives Brandon." He heard her laughter in his head, even though she was busy deep throating him. Jason had no idea how right he was. She was going to be a handful . . . and he wouldn't have it any other way.

Earth – Worldwide

In the few days after the CTP ship docked with the ISEA station, VLEC advertised heavily that something huge was going to happen in the weekly Antola VLE release. The world practically stood still during the release, shattering all previous records for volume of VLE gamers. The edited release ended as the refugees escaped into space in the CTP craft. Immediately afterward, VLEC shifted the feed to live gaming of Nikki, Jason, Brandon and Blue being welcomed to Earth by the President at the White House.

For the next couple of weeks, the four of them were the hottest commodities on Earth. Every talk show wanted them on. Every place they went they were mobbed. Blue, particularly, became a media darling.

Arizona State University

"Marcie, we've been invited to a party," Mario stated.

"When?"

"Saturday."

"As in the day after tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"I don't know, we've got finals coming up. I need to study as much as I can."

"Honey, you know that stuff cold. This party is important."

"Is Aziz having another VLE party?"

"No, this is not one of his parties. This is . . . something bigger."

Mario could see she was intrigued now.

"Where is this party?"

"I don't really know."

"Then how will we get there?"

"Someone will pick us up."

"What's this about? Who invited us? Why are you being all mysterious?"

"Do you trust me?"

"Oh, c'mon, don't do this."

"I said, do you trust me?"

Marcella sighed, "Yes, I trust you. But . . ."

"Shh! no buts. You know all you need to."

Saturday morning, Mario handed Marcella a small card. Marcella looked at it.

"What's this?"

"You have an appointment at the hairdresser's"

"No, my appointment isn't for two more weeks."

"I made you an appointment."

"What the fuck. Since when did you control my hair. Wait, you don't like it like this? What's wrong with it?"

"Relax darling. I just thought you might want to do something special with it tonight. You know, for the party."

"What kind of a party is this?" she said, narrowing her eyes in suspicion.

"It's just a party."

"Bullshit. You don't send me to the hairdresser's for 'just a party'."

"Do you trust me?"

"OK, tell me this. What am I supposed to wear for 'just a party?'"

"Your black dress."

"The black dress?"

"Yes, that one." She looked surprised, but he could see that she got the message. This was a very special party and she needed to look her best. If he had any doubts, they were dispelled when he dropped by her dorm room to pick her up.

Marcella's roommate Sasha opened the door and let out a low whistle. "Damn Mario, you look good enough to eat. I don't know where you two are going, but I'm jealous anyway."

Marcella stepped into the common room of the dorm suite. She looked stunning. What came out of her mouth was not so ladylike though. "Holy fuck! You're wearing a tux?"

"The invitation said, 'black tie'." Mario had a sudden feeling of panic. "That is what it means, isn't it?"

"Yes, silly, that is what it means. I'm not sure how long I'm going to last without fucking you though. You look hot."

"Believe me, the feeling is mutual."

"You want to fuck yourself too?" Marcella teased.

"No, I mean . . . god you look gorgeous tonight."

Sasha interrupted them, "Guys, I think your car is waiting."

Mario could see the surprise register on Marcella's face when she saw the sleek black limo. "Damn, honey, you went all out for this."

"I wish I could take credit for the car, but I had nothing to do with it. They just said they would send a car for us."

The car drove for a couple of hours into a hilly area. They came around a bend and there were several cars on either side of a large, ornate wrought iron gate. As their car approached, the gate began to open. People hopped out of the other cars with cameras and ran toward them.

"It's the paparazzi," said Marcella in amazement. "They must think we're famous or something. Where are we?"

"I don't know," Mario answered truthfully. He saw the name "Lewis" carved into the stone pillar to the right of the iron gate as they passed, but that was too common a last name to mean anything to him.

The car wound up the hillside then leveled off on a plateau. Ahead was an elaborate mansion. The car pulled up to the enormous front porch with fluted marble columns. Well-dressed men in white gloves opened the car doors and one took Marcella's hand and helped her out. She took Mario's arm. She looked at him nervously. "My god, look at this place. Are you sure that invitation was really meant for us?"

They were escorted into an elegant ballroom. A tall, athletic looking man greeted them just inside the doorway. Mario was flabbergasted. "Lewis" was three-time Cy Young award winning pitcher Girard Lewis of the Arizona Diamondbacks. "Welcome to my home. You must be Mario and this stunning woman must be Marcella. Sorry about the monkey suits, my wife insisted on it. I would have gone for jeans and t-shirts."

"Oh my god, sir. I'm a huge fan."

"Please, call me Gerry. And thanks. But you two are the celebrities tonight. Come meet the other guests of honor." With a wave, he pointed toward the center of the room.

A stunning woman in a green dress, with a mane of copper-red curls stood beside her twin with shocking royal blue hair and a slinky silver and black dress. Nikki and Blue. Flanked on either side of them were Jason and Brandon.

Blue's face lit up when she saw them. "Mario!" she called out. She ran over and leaped into Mario's arms, covering him in kisses. "I would recognize you anywhere. I had a picture of you in my head. Thank you for rescuing us." Apparently, she had been working on her language skills.

Mario felt her probe his mind. "Does Mario still want to fuck Blue?" came a teasing voice in his head. "Ooh, wait, Mario has a bigger secret."

"Please don't tell," Mario implored.

"I won't. Brandon has a big secret too. Silly Brandon thinks I don't know." She winked before letting go of him and turning to Marcella and embracing her. "I know what you did. We would all be dead without you. I love you both."

Introductions were made all around.

There were around 100 other people at the party. Most, Mario didn't recognize, some he did. There were professional athletes from several sports, scientists, other VLE stars, musicians, several politicians and various other socialites.

Mario and Marcella were seated at the head table along with Brandon, Blue, Nikki and Jason, as well as Gerry and his wife. After a sumptuous dinner, Gerry stood up.

"We have gathered here today to celebrate the return of my best friend Jason to Earth, along with his fellow adventurers whom I'm sure you all recognize, Nikki, Brandon and Blue. The other two guests I have with me tonight, you may not recognize, but without them, Jason and his friends would have died in space. Mario and Marcella spent days helping Blue navigate the alien ship to Earth."

After these introductions, the party got into full gear. A popular band played and many of the guests hit the dance floor. Marcella made fast friends with Nikki and Blue and the three of them worked the crowd together.

Mario gravitated toward the athletes, all of whom seemed to want to hear his story.

Jason, with Brandon in tow, sought out Mario after a while and tapped him on the shoulder. "It's time."

The three of them found Nikki, Blue and Marcella. Mario took Marcella by the hand. "Come."

He led her to the center of the dance floor. Jason did the same with Nikki and Brandon with Blue. The crowd parted and the three men stood facing the three women. The band stopped playing. Mario took a deep breath and dropped to one knee. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Jason and Brandon follow suit. Marcella said "Yes!" almost before he could get the words out.

Moments later, as they all congratulated each other, Blue embraced Mario. He felt her in his mind again. "My mom says congratulations."

"Thanks," Mario said, then suddenly realized the significance of that statement. "Wait . . . by 'Mom,' do you mean Purple?"

"Yes."

"She's alive?"

"Yes. I have trained my mind to reach far enough to contact her. She wants to say hi." Mario felt a wave of happiness pass from Blue.