Virtual Reality Pt. 01

Story Info
What if your only friend was a virtual one?
1.7k words
4.29
11.6k
13

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/07/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Here's the first chapter of my new story, Virtual Reality. All characters involved in any sexual activity whatsoever are 18 or older. My characters and the story are protected by copyright law. This is a romantic story that does contain excessive bullying. I hope you enjoy it.

Chapter 1: Mae Bell

What was once a source of excitement, this new school has become my nightmare. I can't avoid the gazes I get from other students. I came here to start over and somehow they found out my secret. I'm transgender.

When I first moved here, people treated me with so much kindness and even respect. Everyone wanted to get to know me and be my friend. They saw me as a girl. They treated me as such. I was invited to parties and I got to sit at the table with the so-called popular girls. However, that was far too good to be true. I don't know how, but in some way, they figured out I'm trans and now no one wants anything to do with me. Worse is that quite a few go out of their way to make my life a living hell.

The boys who were attracted to me when they thought I was cisgender, now take every advantage to humiliate me. The girls who wanted to be my friend, spread lies and rumors about me. I'm ostracized by everyone.

Walking down the halls, I can hear my name whispered amongst the social groups. I can feel their eyes burning into my skin and yet they avoid my gaze.

"There's the freak," Leah says as she and her posse approach. Leah's the total barbie with perfect blonde hair and blue eyes. A body every girl dreams of having. Her posse follows her around as if she can turn water into wine. There's no avoiding them. "Trick anyone lately?"

"Can you just leave me alone?" I ask.

"What would be the fun in that? To think we thought you were a real girl," she says with a smirk. Her friends laugh at my expense. "You're such a pathetic loser."

My books get knocked out of my hands as Blake, Max, Tanner, and Tucker walk up. The boys kick my books across the hallway as Leah wraps her arm around Blake. "Hey, babe."

A tinge of jealousy stings my heart. Blake used to be so nice to me. Now he and his friends are my biggest tormentors. Max is the worst of them. He makes it his point to make me miserable.

"You're such a faggot," Max says.

They walk off without giving me another glance. I drop to the floor and pick up my books. I see scruffy-looking shoes as a hand grabs my chem book. I look up to see Craig Gibson, the only person who shows me any kindness at all. "Hey. Those guys are a bunch of assholes. Are you okay?"

I nod as I finish picking my books up. I never understood why Craig's always been so kind to me. There's something about him that I can't quite put my finger on it.

---

After school, I head home to find both my parents at home.

"How was school, sweety?" my mother asks.

I shrug.

"Don't tell me they're still bullying you!" she says as that all too familiar concerned look shows on her face.

"Are you serious? I'm not going to stand for it this time. I'm going to the board to complain about this," my father says. "We moved here to get away from the bullies from your old school."

"Please don't. That'll just make things worse," I say.

"We have to do something. We're not going to let these kids hurt you," my father says. The worst part about my transition is the effect it's had on my parents. They've done nothing but support me and I feel like I've made their life so hard. They've even moved to a different city for me. I don't want to cause any more trouble for them.

"I can handle it," I say. "Besides, I graduate this year and after that, I won't have to deal with them anymore."

They both let out a long sigh. My father puts his hand on my shoulder. "If things get worse, please let us know. We're your parents. We love you and we'll do anything to protect you."

Tears well up as I hug them both. After I pull myself from their arms, I head into my room and toss my bag on my bed. I pull out my headgear. This is the only thing that has given me any sense of happiness besides my family. I put on the headset and plug into the video game, Aratheon.

Chapter 2: Mae Bell

In the world of Aratheon, I am no longer Mae. Instead, I take on the persona of Seldanna, a female wood elf druid. I'm a guardian of the forest, a healer of the wounded, and a protector of the innocent.

My guild is one of the best on the server. The Nerd Herd. Within it are the people who I consider my friends and family. They see me as the female wood elf druid Seldanna, not the trans girl Mae. I've never felt more at home than I do in Aratheon.

I meet up with my best friend, a dwarf paladin named Noralmim, as we partake in a quest to find the lost jewel of King Tellas. We dive into the depths of the caverns beneath the city of Highwater.

"Did you see the news?" Noralmim says as he charges at a pair of trolls.

"No, what's going?" I ask, casting a healing spell on him.

"The video game company that created Aratheon, EIB Entertainment, will be releasing the first Aratheon movie!" he says.

"No way!" I say. "That's epic. I can't wait to see it."

'I know, it'll be so fucking cool," he says.

"Do you know what storyline they're going with?" I ask.

"No idea. They haven't even announced the cast yet," he says.

After we kill the trolls, we head to the next group and attack.

"Did you see guild chat? Looks like they're about to go to war with Sanctuary. Want to join in?" Noralmim asks.

"Sure, why not," I say as I read the request for aid from Nylaathria. We pull out of the caves and head up to the guildhall to meet with the rest. Half the guild is there and ready to fight. Crypto, Nylaathria, and Vacey all address everyone.

"We've been attacked! Baldor, Necrophilia, Aelfwin, Athtar, and Hekkerlum of Sanctuary ambushed Faylen while out questing in an open act of war. Now it's time for payback. Let's bring the fight to them!" Nylaathria, a female wood elf hunter and one of the leaders of the guild says. "We've got word that they're planning a guild raid in Chillshore for the invasion plot. We'll wait until they engage in battle and attack them while they're vulnerable."

Crypto, a male high elf sorcerer steps up. "We have Vulwin with Brulgan waiting at Chillshore ready to open a portal for us to spring into action as soon as they engage with the Ice Giant invasion which should be in about 10 mins. It's time to make them pay!"

Everyone's cheers with approval. And exactly as he stated, Brulgan, the dwarf thief pipes in. "okay, they're engaged. Time to attack!"

Crypto opens up the portal on our end and connects it with Vulwin's and we charge through it. The players in Sanctuary are too busy dealing with Ice Giant Vikings to realize our assault before it's too late. I transform into my bear mode and charge in along with Noralmim who uses a leap of faith to jump into the middle of it.

We draw their fire as we receive heals from Talindra and Selussa. Our dpsers manage to wipe them out as they try to not only defend against us but the Ice Giants as well. It becomes a slaughter. Not only do we completely wipe them out, but we also manage to steal their kill and slaughter the Ice Giants, and take their loot before jumping back through the portal to our Guild Hall. It was a total success.

"That was epic!" Noralmim says in a direct message. "Fuck those Sanctuary assholes. We showed them, didn't we? I really can't stand Necrophilia and Baldor. I was in their guild once. Baldor was such an asshole. It was either his way or the highway. He'd kick you if you didn't agree with him on pretty much anything."

"Well, it's a good thing you left and joined the Nerd Herd, if you didn't, we'd never be friends," I say.

"So true. You have no idea how happy I am to have you as a friend," he says. "I feel like you're the only person I can just straight-up talk to. We pretty much agree on almost everything."

"I know, right? I am so lucky to have a friend like you," I say and I mean it. Noralmim is my best friend and basically my only friend. I have no idea what I'd do without him. He makes life bearable. Especially since school is hell. I hate it there. Logging onto Aratheon so I can talk to Noralmim is the only thing that keeps me holding on.

"Aww, thanks. I feel the same way. No one understands me like you do," he says. "Well, I should hit the hay. School night and all."

"Same," I say.

"Same time tomorrow?" he asks.

"Definitely!" I say.

"Alright, see ya later Sel," he says. I love how he calls me that.

"Goodnight, Nor," I respond.

I wait just long enough to see him log off before getting off myself. I collapse on my bed and bite my lip as I think about what Noralmim is like in real life. I bet he's just as heroic in real life as is in Aratheon. I wish we could meet. I know he'd accept me. I still haven't told him I'm trans, but he's such a nice guy. I know he wouldn't have a problem with it. I just know it. I should tell him. I know I should, I just haven't found the right opportunity and I'm too afraid to ruin such a good thing we have going.

---

That concludes chapters 1 and 2 of Virtual Reality. Let me know what you think in the comment section below. Please give it an honest rating.