All Comments on 'Waiting for the Exeter Express'

by DeYaKen

Sort by:
  • 127 Comments
laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 10 years ago
Well, a few holes here and there...

For one thing, you're not talking the day after open heart surgery. For the first 2 or 3 days they have a breathing tube down your gullet and you're sure in no shape to discuss anything with anyone for several days. That said, it was a good story, and except for a few things, well told. In my book it deserves a 5 so that's what it gets. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent!!!!!!

This had it all, nice job. Much better than that crappy ass She Chose Me pile of crap. This was well done, and complete.

Enjoyed the parallels, and the subtle hints and clues. Normally I have trouble following a story by Brits. But this one was well told!!!

Really love it when a writer finishes his work, and you sure did.

Thank you for that.

An easy 5

doberincadoberincaover 10 years ago
Finally a great story

After reading all those cuck and wimp stories, this one is super! FIVE stars!!!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 10 years ago
one of the best stories here

gave it 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent story. Well written.

Full of subtlety and nuance. I was happy to see that he didn't go overboard on the cheating slut as far as her sons were concerned. And his segue into a good relationship with Eugenia that should last a long time was flawless. Unless he pisses off her family. Then all bets are off! The circle from his attempted suicide to her suicide was well done. All-in-all a well crafted story. Thanks. PS - Ignore whiners like LC. He wouldn't recognize good writing if it bit him in the ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story!

Good fast paced read.Hubby knew what he would put up with and it wasn't disrespect from his wife.Nicely done.

RhomanovRhomanovover 10 years ago
Closure

Vasectomy reversal or not?

Chuckle 😉

Good tale.

Thx

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
OH Lord!!!

Ignore littlecordelera, she is just jealous that Eugenia has bigger breasts than her, hence the name "LITTLE" LMAO!!!!

She doesn't appreciate the irony as another commenter noted that Erica died the way Kevin intended to in the first part of the story.

She also does not appreciate the fine work you did on this story. I personally think it is one of the best we have had.

This story was very well constructed, the subtleties were so well done. There were minor things, but they did not detract one bit from the point of the story.

DeYaken, well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PearDrop3PearDrop3over 10 years ago
Excellent Story

I'd give it 10 stars if it were possible.

likegoodwinelikegoodwineover 10 years ago
Very good story

I was all happy to see another of your story this morning. Very well done… again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not well written; editors should be fired

"Your" is not equal to "you're", a mistake I noted on occasion, along with a handful of others. Sentence structure was often odd, and punctuation was all over the place.

As for the story -- and the controversy -- meh. Boilerplate stupid-wife leaving, coming back and finding herself shocked, SHOCKED! to find out hubby doesn't welcome her back.

Way too long, and limped over the finsh line.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Hmmm

Well written but the plot was a little stilted with the convenient killing off of the ex. I saw that one coming a mile away. Another thing that bothered me was towards the end she was identified as mentally ill by her actions and you killed her anyway! You can kill evil people, but killing the disturbed mother of two children is - disturbing!

avidreader123avidreader123over 10 years ago
I like it

While reading it I thought about the argument that often comes up about not fighting in front of the kids. Giving in to her in front of the kids is even worse. It modeled terrible behavior for his two boys. They may have never learned to stand up for themselves. They'll probably be cuckolds before you know it.

BDEarthBDEarthover 10 years ago
It ends as it started...

Excellent story, nice plot, sad ending...I don't think so; she got what she wanted.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
I do not like murder and suicide

5***** Excellent sad story. I prefer Morton Grandge's Brittish background serial story better, than yours, because the cheating wife is alive and could see the happiness of her ex husband.

FireFox59FireFox59over 10 years ago
Good Tale

Little sad and I don't really like her suicide but such is life.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
A story with heart & pathos galore !

Usually women opt for suicides that won't disfigure their body. Very, very nervy of author to weave in a narrator with erectile dysfunction. I have a bit of trouble believing in a college professor who settles for starvation sexual rations and disrespect from wife without a murmur.

. Campuses from my experience are awash in hormones. She doesn't have the only twat on campus. The professor also suffers from inability to read small print on prescription bottle. Does he teach at one of those Caribbean Med School diploma mills ?

These 2 glaring credibility lapses aside, I confess that this was a guilty literary pleasure. DeYeKen knows how to engage his target demographic's sympathetic & tell ( in this case ) a literal heartrending tale of woe and then reward reader with happy ending on cheese laden side.

Personally,I'm hoping he flashes subversive wit displayed in excellent 'Sugar Daddy' story. This was easily better then 80% of Loving Wives story on site but I guarantee DeYaKen didn't use 80% of full potential churning this covertly addictive potboiler out.

Once again, though, nervy choice with Erectile Dysfunction subplot. Very well played on that account.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I see that deyaken is pulling comments. Bet his buddies are 5 bombing too.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
A 5* story and then some!

Emotional, realistic, sexy, wonderful.

This could be made into a film, I think.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 10 years ago
Really??

I admit I read a few comments before jumping into this one. I saw the topic of murder and decided to see what all the fuss was about. I saw no murder. I saw a suicide and an attempted suicide but no homicide. Nothing to get all up in arms over.

This was a well written and engrossing story. I'm glad the guy stuck to his guns and didn't cave to the idiotic wife's pathetic attempt at reconciliation. The errors in this tale were few and far between enough that none stick out in my mind. I enjoyed the story and Kevin's redemption....of course now any time the soldier doesn't stand at attention and I have heartburn I may wonder........

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Best story I've seen written by a Brit

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 10 years ago
I'm at odds with the public

I thought it trite, wife runs off, belittles husband in the worst way, husband dispondant, bad heart, hits bottom, nearly dies, Greek flozzy right to hand worshiped him from affair, catches him on the rebound, wife returns , destitute, begs for nice guy's forgiveness, he refuses and he and rebound floozy live happily ever after. Well, not the x wife.

Too many suspensions of belief

More nuance please. [even if it lowers the score a bit]

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nothing in thjis world is perfect, not even this Title

And folk will want this changed, or that outcome altered,

Me, I started gaily reading through, got to the eighth word, and faltered. Thought 'typo', but no not likely. It's Voice recognition 'blue' not picked up by anyone, I reckon now..

it seems even the very better writers succumb to VRS blues.

Apart from that one word, the story was immaculate, well-presented, flowed nicely and thoroughly Enjoyed.

Cheers and grateful thanks

Kilroy

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
I'm with slamdog on this one

the story was a guilty pleasure from a fine author

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Anonymous 1/9/14 'Pulling Comments'

I know who you are. You know who you are. If you get into a fight with the author and carpet bomb his comments with insulting screeds under your screen name, guess what? This is not a BDSM parlor. He has no obligation to listen to continual insulting posts.

So his 'safe word' is 'delete'.

Try a more moderate tone or apologize. I got into a tiff with Finish The Damn Story but I stepped back and realized where I was wrong. I apologized for my part and we've gotten beyond that. Might I suggest something similar.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Wow

Excellent Tale. I'm trying to be a little less violent in my comments but this was almost perfect. Perfection would have been if she lived after the train ran over her. Lived in constant excruciating pain. What she did was the lowest most underhanded thing a wife can do. Luckily our hero had someone else in his corner and became better than normal. Well written and quite impressive.

One more thing. Hayley you obviously have a problem reading LW tales so maybe you should stick to just pure sex tales. You can get off without thinking too hard. Please go away.

HA

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sufferer?

Who is the real sufferer here? The Kids. It should have been that she got hit by the train & was thrown away in a very precarious state. This is from personal experience

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
A great story

I enjoyed reading your story.

JackorChuckJackorChuckover 10 years ago
Great Story

A great story, well written. A very human touch was having the train driver attend the funeral. Too often train drivers blame themselves for train deaths. Thank you.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
Okay, just who the fuck are you and what have you done with DeYaKen?...

... I really didn't think you had this kind of story in you but, giving credit where credit is due, I must admit that this is one killer (no pun intended) story. Seldom is the loss of respect dealt with, especially in such a profound way as this, as the root cause of the destruction of a marriage. Love is such a fleeting emotion that, without respect, a marriage really has no chance for true success. You captured that fact in spades. 5 HUGE stars and a job well done.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
There was only one WTF moment for me

And I use that term to express a situation where I am drawn out of the story, or I have to question the writer...which also takes me out of the story.

I got to the bottom of page two and looked...and saw I had four more pages.

Blink blink. Why? The conflict of the wife could have been wrapped up very quickly

You threw in a subplot. Okay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great

Great story my only complaint is 6ft 6 prop forward far too tall. That's second of back row :)

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Okay story, but too much fantasy.

I would have liked this story, but everything seemed a little too convenient. He has a younger woman who was secretly in love with him and waiting for his marriage to implode. Not likely. I don't see a younger woman falling at the feet of a man with a heart condition that has had trouble getting an erection. As much as we would like to believe in the possibility that there would be some PYT just chomping at the bit to stroke our bruised ego, this notion is strictly fantasy. Also, I found it sad that the wife committed suicide. No one deserves to feel miserable enough to want to die. I give this story a 3, simply because I can't imagine life working out this way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
3*s

Story ok. Skipping to much backstory of early times between wife and him.

Youngest is born ,then relations go to Hell. Next kids in uni.

DeYaKen early writings still your best .

AMerryMan

avidfaavidfaover 10 years ago
Excellent story, 5*

A certain kind of man, in trying to be honorable and true, gets it into his mind that it is his job to adjust, to give up, to do anything and everything to take care of his wife and make her happy. Somehow, it doesn't occur to us until it's too late that if she had loved us, she would have done the same, would have done something more than take and demand, but alas, she never did. Love, I mean. At least not us.

But there is always hope as long as there is love after.

OOAAOOAAover 10 years ago
GREAT STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent story!!!

Congratulations!

phd70phd70over 10 years ago
Fine and Absorbing Tale, But....

Absorbing story and well written. This is fiction, so the author had the

right to choose to end the ex-wife's life. Probably justice in that ending, although not my preference. Recall the saying: 'justice is mine' sayeth the Lord! From a personal perspective the wife was a real self serving slut, but she still had two children to connect with and nurture. Perhaps future grandchildren? She had the rest of her life to seek opportunities to at least partially make up for her. evil deeds directed at her husband. Thanks DeYaKen. Five stars. Dan

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

Compelling storyline. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The Ending ruined the spirit of the story

In my opinion your story would have been better if at the last minute the ex-wife had been saved from her suicide. Up until that point this story was completely predictable, down to the co-worker who longs for our long suffering husband. Real life has random elements, and your story would have been elevated by some of those elements.

Whatever the wrongs inflicted by this selfish wife, those wrongs NEVER merited death. I find it unthinkable that happiness would accrue to this man, his new love and his sons after the death of their mother.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 10 years ago
Okay

Long winded, but okay tale. Liked the limp dick/ heart disease link, I read an article recently explaining that it is a common symptom for men to look out for.

I just felt the whole thing could have been achieved in four, maybe even three pages.

It would have saved me from losing interest and speed reading to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Total crap

But if I ever find that I'm old and used up and can't get it up anymore, then I'll know that before long a beautiful, sexy 32 year old woman will soon come into my life to make everything perfect. Thank you for that information.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Anon 1/11 is wrong: When I was his age I had a HOT 24 yo GF! 32 & 46 is not that improbable

1) Fixing the heart problem does not typically fix the ED problem. ED simply lets you know you may have or are going to have heart problems.

2) I agree with others: too long.

3) Ric's death casts a pall on the whole story. It would have been better if he had saved her, risking his own life to do so, and then, after talking to the boys, gives him a divorce, etc.

DeYaKenDeYaKenover 10 years agoAuthor
Editing and spelling

To the anonymous person who criticised the spelling of the eighth word

douse (daʊs) or dowse

vb

1. to plunge or be plunged into water or some other liquid; duck

2. (tr) to drench with water, esp in order to wash or clean

3. (tr) to put out (a light, candle, etc)

As you see both spellings are correct.

I presume that is the reason someone else suggested that I fire my editors.

If you want to be a pedant you should check your facts first.

My editors await your apologies.

9500mesa9500mesaover 10 years ago
Short strikers go elsewhere

Stroke story whiners relax and go read a cockold story. This is an excellent piece of writing worthy of 5 + stars

BreezySnowBreezySnowover 10 years ago
Loved it

I think it was a great story!

greowulfgreowulfover 10 years ago
very well done as usual

Perhaps the suicide was enough of a self-realization, but I would have liked to see more from her realizing that he put up with her imposed abstinence, while she dropped him the second he couldn't keep up with her. This was a prime place to discuss how sex is not the whole relationship, but it's an important part of every marriage. Without that realization, the suicide seemed an empty, cowardly escape. Shit, it would be anyway, but I was waiting for that parallel the whole time, d'ye ken?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow

I wish I could give this story 10 stars! Absolutely fantastic!

I've read a lot of stories on this site. Some GREAT stories.

This one is the best for me. Number one!

PickyKinkyPickyKinkyover 10 years ago
Editors are human too you know

I loved this story too. So much so that I read and re-read it more than 20 times before it was published; I made suggestions and put my opinion to the author. I agonised about stalling the publishing as my life got in the way of editing.

For all the editor bashers out there.... we are human too, most of us are just enthusiasts, volunteering our time and opinion for nothing more than we want to help a complete stranger because we are nice.

Yes we spot some things and can help tweak and improve a story but guess what? Editors are not infallible and occasionally miss things. With a story this good, how about you get lost in the beautifully crafted scene and not get hung up on the english versus american nuances. Just a thought!

DeYaKen this has been one of my favourites from the very first draft.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
NO MATTER WHAT SHE DID AND FOR WHAT REASONS

she showed real class on the way out atoning for all her past mistakes, TK U MLJ LV NV

sdc92078sdc92078almost 10 years ago
It's so rare for cheaters to really see themselves for what they are and act accordingly

If they did, the suicide rate in LW stories would be astronomical.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
Good story

The line about "light luggage" when he took her to the station made the ending TOO obvious....

evilbloomieevilbloomieover 9 years ago
Thank you

Another great story. The best I have read on this site to this day. You are an outstanding writer. Also a thank you to the editors and publisher that helped you. They are a credit unto themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
2*

full of holes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
People don't know...

How great is this for someone brave enough to write a story to have it quritized sic. For what we are paying these authors!! These are great stories good strange plots, climaxes anti-climaxes. Raw minds with strange insights into their ids. Some of the LOVING WIVES are best on this site. If they are half bad I give them 5sss for their bravery. LOL L LOL.....bill

jimbo103jimbo103almost 9 years ago
thanks!

i guess i can now see the beauty in his suffering & tragedy,in the end he got his sons to adore & respect him and a wife who really loved him for who he really was.

man i held my friends newborn today, i cried for the first time in front of them, it hit me real hard, all the pain & misery & sadness this innocent infant will one day have to endure, i just looked at my life flash me all the instances i made poor choices, & how lucky i was to hold that child,

i dont know who reads this, but for me life has been an iceberg, the visible 1/8th my happines, the rest floating below all the sadness i received. yet i would have it no other way if i could repeat it, but would never wish my sadness even on my worst enemy. the sadness makes me appreciate the little happiness even more.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
THE FEMALE OF THE SPECIES

sure knows how to get even on her terms. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well done, sir.

Made us feel sorry for him. Then his redemption by loving friend. The wife's return. Wham, her redemption on some level. Then, WHAM! Really good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Inane to the point of stupidity ! just 2*.

However, there is some indication that in perhaps 10-15 years you may became a good writer. Just read the good Authors and learn.

Also your writing is stilted. Is English your second language ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Definitely English

The biggest problem I have with this story is the execution of the wife's split from our protagonist, from hubby. Can a normally intelligent woman, a woman who has well raised her children from their swaddling days to adulthood with her husband speak so crassly? These are intelligent people here, but the wife has an almost comical break with common sense and reality. The explanation is that she is having a hormonal imbalance. I guess it happens, but it comes off in a rather cartoonish way.

On the other hand, the backstory of their gradual growing apart is believable, though frustrating. Even in a marriage where the spouses seem perfectly suited to one another, subtle issues can develop into psychological puzzle pieces of problems in the relationship. Incidents, feelings, issues, wants and needs, this-that-and-the-other-thing - they can all go subterranean and exert their influence from beyond the veil, so to speak. This woman was definitely a casualty of bad familial influences, the results of which metastasized in her developing personality. But, did that have to kill the marriage?

Pardon the pedantry, but what else is at work here? In a word, Balls; or the lack of them.

No one spouse is ever completely to blame in a marriage that is circling the drain. I takes two to tango, and this husband, though intelligent as an academician, is absolutely part of this problem. In fact, despite how off-the-wall his crazy wife is, I hold him responsible for most of the mess that became of his marriage. He is a weak, introverted, brooding and confused man who could have taken the reins and given them a soulful yank in the right direction. But he didn't. He sat in his easy chair and drooled at the "telly", quavering at the thought of any waves that might buffet the family vessel. THAT was the start of the downfall of this marriage.

Now, I might be a cowboy of sorts, but I find him a little bit too sensitive and a little bit too clueless. Stupid, even. He is simply an unlikable example of a man. Yes, he can serve up page after page of his academic pablum to his adoring and hormone-addled students on a daily basis, but he can't grab his wife and tell her what the fuck the time of day it is? Now that is pathetic.

He has such a tremulous fear of instability in the life of his family that he just went along to get along. That makes him unlikable and undeserving of respect as the man of the family.

This husband simply let his balls shrivel up. He has gone through one too many sensitivity training sessions, ha ha. This will seem crazed to professors of Women's Studies (jewish lesbians and their goofball followers), and maybe even illegal, but given the circumstances and all available information, had this man simply grabbed his wife once or twice and Slapped The Bitch she might have actually snapped out of it. Gasp!! After all, it didn't take much for her to figure things out later on after her ill-fated return, did it?

Had our protagonist done anything at all to shake things up it could have been a eureka moment for wifey. But, instead, he sits down holding his phone in one limp wrist and deletes her name with a flick of his other limp wrist. That must have seemed like a clever formulation to the author at the time, but it has got to be one of the most despicable passive-aggressive, soulless capitulations ever put to print.

Guess you can see I am not sitting down for this bullshit :))

Not to worry, there are things to praise in this story. The mechanics are there, etc. Now, I know that an "exercise regime" and an "exercise regimen" are both technically sound English, but Stateside, "regimes" are rather frowned upon. At least the author didn't say that someone was "complicit" in ruining the marriage, etc. That drives me nucking futs. Until dipshits got to their PCs around 20 or 30 years ago the word was "complicitous". Fucking Spellcheck doesn't even know the correct word!!

Anyway, the only bit of sympathy that one can have for this protagonist is due to the fact that he actually did have a physical problem that put his wife on edge. And that was his soft dick. But, true to character, he didn't do shite about it.

At the end, however, this woman admits she found her husband unattractive for the very reason that he was a wimp that couldn't commit to much of anything at all in the marriage. Before the split she kept saying she needed a hard dick, but what she really wanted was for him to step up and be a man instead of the sack of jello that he had become. I gather this author actually knows the truth of it but somehow doesn't believe it himself. All of the indications are right there in the story.

Had this man taken any forceful, manly action when his wife started going off the rails then the situation would have turned out quite bit differently. You Litlanders can roll your eyes until they pop out of your head; you can howl like a hellhound; you can read all of the toxic feminist apologia ever written, but it will never change the fact that a woman wants her man to lead the marriage; to swing his cock and balls around and provide a sound basis for the family to move forward with satisfaction and no regrets.

As far as the new woman, Eugenia, she sounds nice of course. On the other hand, a heavenly round ass is not exactly a healthy foundation for marriage. They would seem to share enough to overcome any cultural differences. But why on god's green earth did the author have to let hubby and the rest of us in on the fact that she really has a lot of experience getting butt-fucked? Wtf? Is that an English thing, wanting a well-used wife? I'm gittin' me a hot southern biatch who's been drilled in the tail since way back in the 90's.Yaaayyyyy!! Not. Don't get me wrong, it's not the sex itself. Can't there be a little mystery left for the new marriage? I guess out in Dorset it's an Asset.

But did you notice when he was in Nicosia or wherever it was, how he quivers at the thought of becoming a part of her Cypriot family? Why are modern Europeans so bloody abstract when it comes to these mixed marriages? He wants to poach one of these sloe-eyed does, but is he thinking this through? I will give Professor Hubby a little credit here: he definitely feels trouble lurking somewhere.

I will fill in the picture for you all: If he wasn't manly enough to keep his English wife, how long do you think it will take for him to get on the nerves of his new Cypriot woman? Not too long is the correct answer. She will get sick of his milquetoasty ways and her outbursts will make a red-headed Irish woman seem like a mummy. Then it won't be long before daddy and her nicosian siblings start rolling up their sleeves.

And don't think for a second that the nicosian family will be in Cypress too much longer, either. Cypress is part of the Eretz Israel Plan (bet you didn't know that), and these planners ain't whistlin' Dixie. Wonder if that has anything to do with the recent financial disaster and the bail-ins there?

I sure hope Cypress isn't becoming politically inconvenient. That could be dangerous for our Professor!

But I digress :))

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
SHE COMPLETED WHAT HE COULDNT

and a heart attack couldn't saved her. TK U MLJ LV NV

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 8 years ago
I'm surprised . . .

by all the negative, nit-picking comments for what I thought was a very well written story.

In a college course about drama, we learned to analyze and critique plays, and I always look at the stories in Literotica the same way. We looked first for the theme -- the message the author is trying to get across. That led to the plot, and how well the author got his point across through the plot. Then the characters -- how clearly they were drawn, and if their actions were consistent with their personalities. And finally, did the whole story leave the reader satisfied, or was the net effect confusing or ambiguous.

When I apply that systematic method of analysis to this story, it scores well on every point. I gave it five stars without a qualm. What in the world is wrong with these people?

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 8 years ago
Re anon "second language" jibe. The reason you had difficulty was because

the author uses British English in his elegantly and skillfully written stories.

coigachboycoigachboyover 7 years ago
Tears

One of your best stories. The end brought tears to my eyes , starts happy and ends very sad. Sweet and sour. I only have 1 more story to read. Please write more.

kdcee79kdcee79over 7 years ago
Great work

Don't know how I missed reading this tale before but I'm really happy to have done so now. It's such a pleasure to find a story that's well told, entertaining & is not riddled with wimpy cuck males. I always enjoy your stories. Cheers. 5 *****

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
Great Story

The only thing that might have made it better is if the wife of the man she was cheating with made her husband attend the funeral and apologize to the family for his role in this mess.

tompo296tompo296about 7 years ago
Another excellent story

A well written an emotional story creating an atmosphere of empathy for the plight of Kevin as he descended into his initial depression.

I was encouraged with his finalising comments regarding the state of the train driver and how selfish suicidal people must be to ignore the plight of the 'drivers' even if theirs is a cry for help.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another Goddamn mindless garbage from this pathetic 'writer'!

Where are the writing skills ?? 1* of course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
GREAT 5-Stars

I can’t believe the vindictiveness of these comments. This was an excellent 5-Star story. You are a Legend!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A great touching story

Don't pay attention to people than only write to insult the writer because they don't loike what they read. They are probably hurting because someone really hurt them in their lives and taking it on you. You are a very talented writer and I truly enjoy reading your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Excellent story, well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent story

And very well written. Thank you for sharing your work.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 6 years ago
10 stars

Love your writting style. Being from states it makes me feel I am in england with your language use. I just love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5* with an aside

As an American I never have trouble understanding English or Australian writers--let alone our Canadian brethern. The English language is so versatile that it is usually not even hard to understand those writers for whom English is not a native language. So, please knock off the comments about non-American English!

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
this is one of my favorites

Well written and fleshed out for the most part. The different characters are all very vivid(though I had to flinch when she blamed hormones and then tried coming back as if she'd gone to the store). The twin suicides, one attempt and hers seen to its conclusion paint the picture for the reader not just for the main character, but also for those who are left behind to deal with the aftermath. Very well written story, we could use a lot more of this kind of writing than whats been coming as of late.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very nice story

Well done. I didn't care so much for Ric's suicide, but still a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Thank you!

I appreciate your taking time to put pen to paper (or stylus to screen) to share these delighful stories! Great sense of humor in the characters, believable storyline, and a heartfelt ending. Please write more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very nice.

Enjoyed the character development in Kevin. And also the blossoming love.

Thanks for writing.

cabbage01132cabbage01132almost 6 years ago
5 stars are not enough

a superb take on this scenario, in fact the best i've read, and i think i've read most of them.

erica was wholly believable, turning cruel and nasty, partly because of hormones but mainly her sociopathic tendencies that over years of marriage had slowly grown, this was so much better than the "loving wives slut ray" that is so many authors weapon of choice to explain a wifes betrayal of all she claims to hold dear.

kev was an average guy who when fed a shit sandwich by his beloved wife almost swallowed it whole but instead, with a little help, he swapped plates with her while she was busy getting all the cock she wanted.

eugenia was a wonderful little sex bomb waiting patiently for erica to slip up, i suspect she knew it would happen eventually.

excellent, thankyou 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
"Viagra, are you mad?"

C'mon, Doc...Viagra ( Sildenafil ) was developed to lower blood pressure and help prevent heart attacks! It was only discovered later that it has the benificial side effects that have made it famous today. His wife probably helped prevent him having a coronary even earlier than he did.

Great story though....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Even at the end it was all about her

and her selfish narcissistic need

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very Nice

I enjoyed this story very much. As others have said, the character development was great, the storyline was well written and flowed smoothly from start to finish and it had emotion without being sappy. What else could a reader ask for? Thanks, DYK.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Specfucking

Tacular

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsalmost 5 years ago
Nice!

It's a shame that more authors don't give us happy endings!

The betrayer found the correct way...............die!

Far too much forgivness and "reconciliation" in loving wives. That and the perverts!

Betrayers deserve punishment to the full!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
Strong stuff.

It happens in way too many partnerships

that one partner gives in, to keep the piece.

This story delt with the consequences of that,

in an extreme way.

Even though extreme, it described well

how destructive "giving in" can be.

Great plot, well played out and well written.

Top ratings from me.

rickydean56rickydean56about 4 years ago
Selfish

One last effort on her part to ruin his life. Trying to make him feel guilty and feel sorry for her. No sympathy from me, suicide is a very selfish act. Throwing guilt on everyone else. I hope there is a hell, no sadly I do believe, and I feel bad for them who end up there. I can’t wish that on anyone no matter what they do to me. If I believed you just died and that was it then I would be happy she was gone. So I’m conflicted, how can I be happy she’s gone and sad for her at the same time?

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
A very riveting story

This story had it all. Love, Heartache, betrayal

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I really love and hate these kind of stories; like a combo of reconciliation and BTB but without the enjoyment of either- just a bittersweet ending. Good job on this one.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Not many happy stories from this author, but he writes some of the best I’ve ever read. I don’t understand them all, but I enjoy them.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

***"It doesn't have to be like this you know. It's not as if it's forever. Can't you just be happy that I've found someone to take the load off you?"***

.

Why is it you never had this idea for the decades when I had a higher libido than you?

/

/

***"But I love you Kevin. Can't we go back to the way we were? I can be a better wife really I can."***

.

You mean the way it was when you denied me sex 13 day a fortnight for the last 20 years? No thanks

/

/

***As Eugenia reminded me, I had lost twenty two years of my life***

.

You lost that when she left you, not when she killed herself - selfish to the end

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Tues appointment? Knew problems and kept letting her make all decisions!

Sorry about that but just another wimp.

So many stories husbands just take it and lie (by ommission)if nothing else.

See problems but ignore them.

Where are the real men?

FTDS, Vandemonium,etc.so few

ErotFanErotFanover 3 years ago
I'm surprised "karma" was in your story tags.

We had a couple of suicidal characters here; he failed, she succeeded.

Karma wasn't balanced in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Gave in all the time! Name!

WIMP

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Well shit - I was in tears at the end. I've got nothing to say beyond that... 5+*

zeuspmzeuspmover 2 years ago

pretty boring with the same old shtick of husband trading in a younger hot women immediately after being dumped by the evil wife.. you should write for marvel comics.. but even their work has some semblance of realism.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

I have a love hate relationship with this story. Everything was pretty good til the train station which I was not expecting. I hate when the guilt consumes them and they kill themselves. They need to live thru their guilt and learn to move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A superb piece of story telling. Didn't see the end coming the way it did, but, looking back at how the story unfolded, it all made perfect sense - which is how it should be. The the most effective surprises are never a total surprise.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well the cold hearted cheat, gave him his freedom out of love for him and guilt. Feel strangely sorry for her. Good yarn

JJ

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDeYaKen@DeYaKen
Thank you to all those people who said the enjoyed The Driver. I've been away from Lit for a while I have been concentrating on writing books for sale. The latest, The Unsold Child, is available for $2.99 at https://books2read.com/u/38g5ZB Probably more suitable for Literotic...

SIMILAR Stories