All Comments on 'Waiting in Limbo'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
secretsalsecretsal10 months ago

Aw, I saw a new NTH story and was ready to sit down for a full-course meal. Snacks are tasty, but leave me more-ish.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

I re-read the original story and thought you did a great job! I'm not sure about this one.

5 for both stories

PeterKimiPeterKimi10 months ago

So many feelings in so few words.

jasonnhjasonnh10 months ago

This story packs a lot into 750 words. The best feature is the protagonist's clear understanding and actions. He knows what he will and will not accept. If it's HIS child he will stay. If NOT, he will leave his wife. He pounded on his once "best" friend for his actions. I always think there has to be something SERIOUSLY wrong with a "best friend" for them to sleep with their buddy's wife.

BarryJames1952BarryJames195210 months ago

One of the best 750 I’ve ever read. Great job.

lc69hunterlc69hunter10 months ago

didn't have to be this way

Regguy69Regguy6910 months ago

Nicely done! Quite a wealth of entertainment in 750 words. Thanks, NTH!

GamblnluckGamblnluck10 months ago

Why have Trevor black? He could have just as easily been Latino like Julia and I don't think you mentioned that detail in the first story. (If you did, I missed it.) You could have just as easily made the MC a very fair blonde or even red-head.

PorterrhPorterrh10 months ago

So this story has two potential outcomes and the author choses the path of despair and tragedy, over enlightenment and reconciliation….’

6King6King10 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

FireFox59FireFox5910 months ago

I'm generally not a fan of these short stories but this one pretty much covered everything. Husband told them where the line in the sand was and he upheld his conviction by walking away. Leaving his ex best friend and exwife to deal with their problem anyway they want.

inka2222inka222210 months ago

I'm giving this 4 stars, MAINLY due to respect for the author and the overall enjoyment their combined works gave me. In isolation, it would barely scrape 2-3 stars, as it has no point - it does not enhance the main story in any way; and is a depressing and zero-negative-fallout-for-assholes text if you ignore the main story (which combines "best revenge is living well" with a REALLY intricate revenge of (!!!! SPOILER ALERT - go read main story first !!!!) him having married AND have kids with the assholes' daughter while the assholes are dead.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Right up there with HDN in quality and content for a short. 5.0*

katibkatib10 months ago

By itself, this is a gem, the quality of which is rarely found.

dgfergiedgfergie10 months ago

A good short story. The fact she was pregnant and there was a question of paternity is not the driving force in this story. There is no racism it's a matter of the ultimate disrespect and selfish actions of two people. Ultimately most marriages fail because one or the other partners is dissatisfied with their spouse. They have either cheated already or want someone else. I am a firm believer that the marriage vows should be the final contract, no pre-nup needed. Whoever violates the contract pays and gives up all claims to the family property. If it is a mutually agreed to separation with no cheating involved then negotiations should be made to equally divide the family's properties and monies based on the length of the marriage. The man had to make a decision and he did. The decision to give up your family because of a cheating wife is difficult, that I can attest to. Keep on keeping on.........................

enderlocke77enderlocke7710 months ago

lol a story that has nothing to comment on, next

Buster2UBuster2U10 months ago

5 Big Blazing Stars. Great Writing, Great Story, Great Idea, Great Effort. Just as long as he beat the crap out of the black bastard for fucking and ruining his soon to be X wife. What a disgrace to a marriage. I would have walked out after shooting them both Cheating assholes. Talk about BETRAYAL! Oh, it was just one time! Sure it was, I believe you, NOT!!!

16GaDouble16GaDouble10 months ago

Your "handle" sells you short!

Very powerful, this quick vignette.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Quick and to the point, but 750 words has always been a problem in my book. There's just not enough time to really develop anything. Some of the comic ones do well, but in this case the aftermath would have been the best part of the story. Well written and all that, but just not my bag.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

It felt like u wanted to fart …so u did ! Without a care for who may be around!!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu10 months ago

It was a good intro for a very good story.

Is this a prequel to an already posted story

or are we going to wait for the main story?

Well written as usual for NoTalentHack...

but I was wanting for more of this.

Well8Well810 months ago

Pt2 would like to see him become successful and find love

OrbitingOrbiting10 months ago

Well done.

Obviously NoTalentHack has talent.

bobareenobobareeno10 months ago

Seems it had just started and was already finished. 4 stars for a great start, less one star as it didn’t go far enough to feel we had explored these characters and their tale.

Burner70Burner7010 months ago

I don't think anyone likes the 750 word format. What could have been great stories die in 750 words

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Agree with jasonnh, no man could tolerate this and live with himself. He can forgive and move past such a betrayal over time, but chasing to stay with a person who is unfaithful and only confessed out of selfish motives would be inviting a life of pain. Best friend is also dead to him forever and that is a good choice as well. No real friend does this, ever. Well done.

KitDeLuca164KitDeLuca16410 months ago

Well set up and told, albeit very sad. I was glad to see Trevor prominent in the story as it gives me hope for the baby. Sappy I know. What can I say. :). We’ll done.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

He was a better man than I. As soon as I learned of her "one time mistake" I would have been gone. If the law has me pay for the child I don't know what I would do. Try and leave the country to avoid payment? Go to jail? I don't know but if it is jail then I would do something worthy of jail time and folks would feel the pain.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Love this writers works.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The pathetic lc69hunter would gladly raise his wife's bastard child and hope she has a couple more.

MartyMartiniMartyMartini10 months ago

Good read, fucked up story!

SunnyU2SunnyU210 months ago

adoption wasn't a option?

GardenshedGardenshed10 months ago

Great short story, well written. Did not leave any nagging questions unanswered. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

@Porterrh 'enlightenment and reconciliation?' ROFL. You mean surrender and self-delusion.

Huedogg2Huedogg210 months ago

despair and tragedy over reconcile and enlightenment.......Spoken like a true cuckold. What enlightenment do you get in staying and raising a cheating whores bastard child? I'd really like to know.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Irl, white women are not obsessed with black men. Both black and white women know how " limited" black men are. The fixation on the myth of black male sexual prowess is an artifact of IR porn created for men who have cuckold tendencies. That is a miniscule fraction of 1%, but those men from all over the world tend to show up here.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer10 months ago

Without reading the original story again, I assume that it had been too late for Plan B and also that the possibility of abortion had been discussed... and dismissed?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

First real short story that made me say... Dayum that was good. 5 star.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Another totally idiot and weak husband in this short tale. And so, totally disliked it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Why would she carry the bastard to term, knowing it could be someone else's. Why not take a morning after pill. That just doesn't make sense, if she still wanted her marriage. Good story for more detail.

Just_WordsJust_Words10 months ago

It's a simple story, but very well written! I liked it a lot. 5*****!

Galama88aGalama88a10 months ago

Where I can read longing past

Cracker270Cracker27010 months ago

Well written. Takes a lot of talent to accomplish that much in 750 words.

offkilter123offkilter12310 months ago

Not a wasted word. Love it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great little story! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

At least six hypernovae.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Gamblnluckabout 7 hours ago

Why have Trevor black?

Would it have helped your sensitivities if he was green?? Having him black and the husband white made it easy to identify who the father of the baby was. Or does that go over your head too??

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

lc69hunterabout 9 hours ago

didn't have to be this way.

You're right. Hubby could have shot both of them.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well, at least you didn't have them reconcile. You usually do.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

100/100. You had me at "luminal". Superb, efficient, effective writing.

I keep telling you man, you're casting your pearls in the presence of real swine. Most of the commenters here divide the universe between "cuck" and "no-cuck". No grey, just extremes of the absence of color and the totality of all colors. Understand too, that most readers don't comment.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I'll wager at least half the people leaving feedback never read the story. They look at the name or the tags and comments. I'll even give you decent odds. Takers?

Gmann006Gmann00610 months ago

good story to the point without a bunch of filler

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

As it should be. Great short story.

MsSuckMyLollipopMsSuckMyLollipop10 months ago

Short

Direct

Painful

5*

bobareenobobareeno10 months ago

Well, just read the other story, “Longings From The Past”, and I needed to return to revise my scoring of this tale. I breezed by the author's statement that this was a prequel, and just read this story thinking it was a stand alone. My complaint in my initial comment was that as good as this was, there was more to be explored, so I docked it a star. No Talent Hack, being who he is, preempted my criticism before I even wrote it. The two stories are very complete, and exemplify, once again, No Talent Hack's non-hack skills. Both stories get 5 stars. Sheesh, you’d think I could take off a star once in a while and get away with it. Nope.

BSreaderBSreader10 months ago
I've

Always enjoyed your writing. 750 words I too would like a longer version and finish. Thank you

someoneothersomeoneother10 months ago

Good simple story. A better man perhaps could have decided differently, but it would be hard.

GamblnluckGamblnluck10 months ago

To the Anonymous who responded to my comment where I wondered why he made Trevor black:

If you read the first story, Longings, you will see the baby grows up to be a pretty woman named Luisa. She has an abuelo, so obviously her hispanic side is prevalent. The MC takes her into his home and eventually marries her and has kids. There is no mention in that story she is half black.

I found it a little contrived to make Trevor black moving to a small (west?) Texan town. That was described also in the first story in detail how the three were new to town at the same time so they became friends. It would have served the story equally well or even better to have made Trevor Mexican. The baby would have been just as easily distinguished.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good story, well done 👏

NoTalentHackNoTalentHack10 months agoAuthor

@Gamblnluck Trevor was always Black; that was how the story was planned out. As I said, this was the original intro before I changed the structure. There was a passing mention of it that was cut from Longings as well; a picture showing a blonde skaterpunk, a Black nerd, and a pretty Latina girl from their sophomore year of high school.

There was more backstory cut from it about the families, etc., because it wasn't particularly relevant to the story being told. But, yes, it made perfectly good sense for the three of them to move to a smallish town in Texas; and remember "small" for three kids from major cities (LA, NYC, Miami) could be something like McKinney or even Plano, towns with 100K folks living there.

Wash2015Wash201510 months ago

I really loved the original story. Not sure what I was expecting with a prequel, maybe how he met Sue or how she helped him trust and love again.

This is well written as all your stories are, but in general I am not a fan of shorts like this and it didn't really add much from the original so I didn't rate it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

O.T.

Where is gone the excellent masterpiece tale about the faithful doggy Greta ? Taken down ? Maybe too much violence ? Gonna be reposted, maybe after a bite to the loverboy jewels instead of the throat ? 200+ comments thread gone wasted.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What happens to "Her master's voice" ? Gone forever ? It was a little masterpiece. Chance to repost it when moderated ?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So much forgive and stay vibe everywhere.

It was just a mistake.

They aren't responsible for removing their clothes, getting a room and fucking .

It could accidently happen to anyone.

I mean they felt bad..afterwards of course.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar10 months ago

As a prequel it's well done.

Calico75Calico759 months ago

I haven't read the original, but this works as a flash stand alone story, too. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A person with less self worth might have raised the kid as a stepfather and invited his cuckolders to coparent in that setting.

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

Nothing here not already known but the scenario is articulated.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA8 months ago

Very good story...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Very well done.

StruckwrongStruckwrong8 months ago

One of your MCs you allowed some self esteem.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I've hated Trevor ever since I read Longings From the Past. He didn't deserve to live happily ever after with Julia (before the fire ofc). He was a snake. A wife and best friend are the people you should be able to depend on, and trust, the most, but Trevor and Julia were monsters. I'm glad even Luisa saw that, and realized what they were, in Longings

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Trevor is evil... and what no contraception?

TrambakTrambak5 months ago

Ok! A mistake.

Let’s leave it at that!

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magician4 months ago

A mistake like that is a marriage killer. No matter the excuse, I’d have left her too.. keep,up the good work. MtM

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Yeah so many simps, she cheated later whore.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo2 months ago

I read " Longings..." first, then in the comments learned that there is a prequel so searched it out. And like gamblingluck I was surprised to learn that Trevor was black. The descripition there of Luisa's skin tone could as easily have been her mom's hispanic heritage which was hinted at by the use of "abuela" for grandmother. If there was anything else to indicate her mom's hispanic ethnicity it wasn't overt and I missed it. Nor was there anything in it to indicate that Luisa had a black father that I saw. If something was cut from the story that indicated that, it should not have been, so as to preclude the surprise in the prequel, or else a brief mention of that should have been inserted if the part cut out that was deemed necessary for the story. Him being black does make the birth of the child's parentage easier to know instantly without a dna test, but without that being made clear in the first story it does come across in this one as more of a contrivance. Nonetheless, both stories are very good, and apart from that well crafted.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...