All Comments on 'Walk the Dog, Dump the WIfe'

by chilleywilley

Sort by:
  • 199 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
dump

...............this bore of a story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Well, I disagree with the first comment

Lots of hard work went into this story, and it was a very fun read. Quite different from the run-of-the-miil Loving Wives stories, it was very entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great

I guess all that glitters is not gold, after all.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Different

Good read, I liked your style and it didn't end up like all the rest. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Rough

but it has potential. keep trying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
parts work, but overall, no

The discussion about the seduction was interesting. But you screwed yourself by making the husband so perfect and the wife so undesirable and unlovable. For example, he describes her as a lazy intellect, a snob, a social climber, a democrat (is that considered an insult in this genre?) and "wifey." And that's before she begins cheating on him. At the end when the husband says he loves her the reader can only wonder why. In general, I don't believe loving wife stories can really work if the reader doesn't believe the husband and wife care about each other. In short, next time begin with characters who are more well rounded and realistic, give them "both" some flaws, and the story should show how those flaws either destroyed their marriage or didn't. That said, the slow seduction of the wife was well described. And I liked the scene where he catches them at the restaurant. Oh, and finally, its probably a good idea to leave out political critique unless thats something you really want to get into, I mean, why alienate half your audience.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
I see the Loving Wives 'spoiler' got to you early -

Despite that initial swipe at your submission, I thought that the story was well written, both as a written work, and in story line. Kept me wanting to follow it to the end. I would be happy to continue reading your work if it's the same quality as this piece. Keep up the good work, and don't let the 'spoiler' discourage you!

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 14 years ago
entertaining and a good read

Well done!

A very good entertaining story that reads fast and kept my interest.

Well presented and well crafted with a very good writing style.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
understand

i don't understand he let her live with him until she got what she wanted and he did this because he didn't want his anger to take over his life. there is such a thing as moving on but when you let someone shit all over you then your friends and eventually yourself will lose all your self respect that you once had and his 100,000 dollars won't buy it back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Good for a Beginner

Good basic storyline. You need an editor for grammar & spelling. Ending was sort of unreal. That last detail of letting her live with the cuckold for 6 months was over the top.

Poizon69Poizon69about 14 years ago
Like other commentators have said.

Not sure why you let her live with you after the divorce, or why you somehow forgave her all the things she did with Archie. But that aside I think this a good story, a little different from most stories in LW section, so thank you for that. Anyway good story I hope you continue writing.

AgenaAgenaabout 14 years ago
Good Story

A very good story. Will be looking for more.

cloacascloacasabout 14 years ago
Pretty good

I liked the way he had figured out so much that was right but you had way too much exposition up front. A real story doesn't need that much setting up. Just start the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

$100,000 isn't much really. The house alone would be worth at least $500,000. After paying for the mortgage which theoretically since the house was bought before the neighborhood was gentrified, would only be $175,000 to $200,000.

So half of $300,000 is $150,000. What, no cash in savings? How about cars, etc.?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Good first story

Way, WAY too much introductory material. Most of it didn't matter to the story and, frankly, I almost quit reading before I got to the point of the story.

Also take advantage of the online editors here. Lots of dumb errors such as making a big thing about Tomas Hoving not liking to be called Tom, then you referring to him as Bill Hoving at the end of the story. Lots of simple grammatical errors and spelling (personal not personnel).

But a new take on a well-worn story line earns you a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
another closet cockold

she pissed on you at every corner and you talk this bullshit.you write like those two gay guys.reward her for fucking over you.

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Good luck to a New Writer

Overall it was a well conceived and well written story. You did spend an awful lot of words on his questioning of her without kicking in new details.

I admit that I really do not understand why he did not divorce her over Archie, but it is your story. Letting her live on in the house after things had been "clarified" was strange, but the Scandinavians seem to do that.

The sermon at the end of the story is one that ressonates in my soul even if that will get me called a moronic wimp!

But you know I was disappointed with the failure of Hubris to play a stronger role.....

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 14 years ago
Thumbs Up

I grew up on the Main Line so much of the setting was old home week. Good story well told. Love the dog trick, it worked for me. The characters work because the have an element of surreal to them. Life ain't quite like that, but it sure does seem so at times.

bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

Nice job staying in character throughout the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Loving wives-REVENGE

Really liked your story. However, I do like more in the way of revenge. Loving wive stories are all I read and this was a good one. Keep the stories coming, but please consider a little more retribution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
If English is your second language,

it was merely dull. If English is your first language.... well, maybe you should take up Spanish. This was just so strangely written that it made little sense much of the time. Missing words, misspelled words, strange expressions... it was weird.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 14 years ago
Refreshingly different . . .

I agree with a lot of the comments others have written. There were some spelling and grammatical errors but actually, there were fewer than we see in stories by lots of other authors. I, too, felt he should have left Karen when he caught her with Archie. It was clear she did not really love him nor did she respect him. Their little heart-to-heart was not a substitute for counseling, something that really should have happened if the marriage was to be given a second chance. Thanks for writing.

SalamisSalamisabout 14 years ago
Enjoyable style within poor proofreading

I generally liked the style of your introduction. You laid a philosophical foundation for our narrator. However, I thought that your paragraphs were entirely too long. If you go longer than 5-6 sentences it becomes tiring to the reader.

What caught my attention though were the lapses in logic and obvious inconsistencies. For example, you state early on that the dog (Hubris) came from the narrator's daughter. I found that odd since 1) you stated he was 32 years old and 2) late in the story you have him thinking of starting a family with his wife. How could they have a daughter in this context?

I hate logic errors like this. I had to read the story of a couple times to make sure I hadn't missed something. It almost seemed you wanted to make the narrator middle aged at some point but changed your mind later on.

You need to tighten up on your editing for both logic and grammar. As one who thinks that writing is hard work and who has made every error you have made, plus some, I speak from sad experience.

And yet, this was a good first story with some interesting, yet different elements. I particularly liked the use of strangers in a restaurant to validate the cheating.

Of course you've earned a 5 rating from me by talking about my city. It's the place where all of my stories are located, so how could I not give you kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Get an editor next time, and it'll be perfect

It could have been great but for some schoolkid mistakes.

zed0zed0about 14 years ago
I HATE WIMP STORIES

As a first time story teller you are off to a poor start. The "noble" wimp who let's go of his anger, and is oh so gentle and forgiving, is a fool who is well on their way to becoming a non-man. I gave you a 2 because pussy boy at least managed to divorce the slut after the second time. It's no wonder she had no respect for him, because he had so little respect for himself that she knew she could continue to shop for an "upgrade husband" with little or no consequences. Not a very pleasant story at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Sorry

But I didn't see the point, a woman who clearly doesn't love her husband and he just sits and takes it. W.T.F. was the point of this?

TE_RossTE_Rossabout 14 years ago
The New Laws of attraction

What a unique concept. This husband is not a victim by choice. It was the immutable laws of attraction AND social class that dictated this wife would eventually stray.

This husband has a very cynical point of view with regards to mating. Did his wife leave on her own or did his beliefs unconsciously push her away?

studyingstudyingabout 14 years ago
Bravo. Keep writing

I certainly enjoyed the story. I went to school on the Main Line and live in the Pioneer Valley. I like your style quite a bit, the quick but pertinent sidebars. Thanks for your efforts, successful ones at that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Interesting

I thought your writing style was very good. I usually enjoy more of a "Husband kicks ass/gets revenge" type story but I still enjoyed this one. I look forward to reading more from you.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 14 years ago
I liked the use of deductive and inductive reasoning....

by hubby, I don't like the typical Zoomass engineering department republicanism but other than the lack of premise for his mind-set it worked. With a cultivated exposition of his thought-speak it would have seemed less nonchalant, ostensibly to grab the reader. I once had an M.E. prof state that," Unlike our Democracy, Sweden is a monarchy." I walked out of the lecture hall and told him why very loudly .But as you know, in the 70's in Amherst we just didn't give a fuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Pistolpackinpete...

is such a big maroon!!

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 14 years ago
Then don't try to decipher my comments....

....anonymous fluff boy!

sexmatesexmateabout 14 years ago
I struggled with this story

in more ways than just reading. The writing style was difficult to get my head into.

The non chalant way Chris talks to his wife while she tells him in detail of her cheating with Archie was disturbing! Can he feel/potray any emotion at all?

The cheating the second time with Biddle? WTF! Hell she would be gone after the first!

Then he lets her live with him for 6 months after her cheating with Biddle?

Again WTF!

Karen is just a whore who will fuck anyone to get prestige or something she wants!

Yea, Chris is pretty much a wimp with no balls but it works for him in the end. But will he be so lucky the next time given the way his character is?

No, same cuckolding result!

Well hope to see your progression as a writer so good luck on the next one.

I hope you don't get stuck writing these wimp husband stories.

SleeplessinMD2SleeplessinMD2about 14 years ago
What made this story so hard to believe...

was how the husband lost so much and his wife came out smelling like roses. First, you describe his business which depends so much on reputation and contact with the wealthy. Being such a wimp in his personal life has to affect his business long term. The story how his wife played him has to get out among his current and future clients. On the other hand the wife is living large rising through the coveted society ranks. Not only was she bored with him sexually she deceived him about their future together. A sad ending for an otherwise smart guy.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 14 years ago
I thought it sucked ass!!!

I hate fucking wimp assed cuckolds, which is exactly what his cock sucking, cheating assed wife turned him into. It's just too bad that one is the lowest score I could give it. It certainly deserved a big fat zero.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
just wondering

I was just wondering if you are one of the " one story wonders" on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Weak Ending

This story, like geriatric sex, just dribbles out with a pathetic anticlimax at the end. There is no real human emotion to this piece, and your grammar and spelling are atrocious. Please get someone to edit this "work" and give you some pointers about human psychology. Good luck!

Oh, and as a parting thought, if you're going to pretend to be someone smart then understand that you must write as if you are smart...it helps.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
another closet cockold writer

all you did was get sloppy seconds.talk how smart you were and the biggest cockold on the site.

KinWIKinWIalmost 14 years ago
Good read

For a first time author on this site. This was a pleasant read. The ending seemed to be rushed a bit, some logic errors, and a few grammatical problems. But overall a good LW story! Keep writing!

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1almost 14 years ago
A damned good first effort - or 51st

Don't let any negative criticism get you down. This was a hell of a good story, first or not. It was intelligent and had a plot. I gave it a straight 5. Actually I liked it better than your second (don't feel bad about that - everybody liked my first story more than my second, or third) and the second wasn't bad except for duplicating the whole damned thing!

fregenfregenalmost 14 years ago
Loved the deductive reasoning

Reminded me of Sherlock Holmes. But...A Conan Doyle you are not. Sorry. Lost me after, when he proved, without a shadow of a doubt, she was a shallow selfish society climber who was intentionally cheating on him and he took her back. Why would you do that? This was not a one time thing. She was not drunk. She was not remorseful about what she had done, only that she got caught and might lose her standing in society.<P>

And as soon as she can she does it all over again. Please. <P>

But thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
What

What shit! Piss on her head, and the anger is gotten over!! Hero is a spineless shit who does not understand the meaning of anger... are you trying to say your solution SAVED half your assets? Horseshit. She dumps you, takes half and walks away laughing about your self-indulgent cuckholding stupidity.

She cucked you and then dumped you, and you are too stupid to know you've been ass-fucked.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 13 years ago
Pay attention

A craftsman chooses his tools carefully and learns to use them to produce the desired result. A writer learns how to couple ideas into words, from them construct sentences, then break them into paragraphs. When the prose includes dialog, he encloses it in quotes, and begins multiple paragraphs with a quote mark to let the reader know that is what is happening.

If you are writing just for your own enjoyment, I suggest you keep the results to yourself. If part of your objective is to have others enjoy your efforts, you should have mercy on them and review the basic rules of writing -- including how and when to use quote marks.

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago

I did not like the outcome of this story at all as well as the coldness of the husband.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 13 years ago
Good story

He should kicked the round heeled slut to the curb after letting the world know what a slut she was!

huedogghuedoggabout 13 years ago
saratu your a moron.........lol

this bitch fucks everything that has a pulse and you find fault with the husband, wow

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
Wuss wimp ass castrated cuckold story

WANTED: male writers who still have their balls attached to write a story with a male charactor in it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Really, just a run-of-the-mill cheating slut wife wimp husband story.

Apparently not a real writing talent among Loving Wives authors. Must be something in the water to generate such a sad bunch of writers who consider cuckolding the husband a forgivable trait.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Nicely done and very practical.

Idiots who need revenge to move on don't have a clue as what goes on in real life. We need more smart authors such as yourself who use their minds instead of their gonads.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Good story

<p>I love these guys behind their keyboards going on about wimps and how they would burn the bitch good. What a load of BS. Why fuck up your own life in some sort of phyrric victory. Chris got rid of her cheaply, kept his assets and moved on.

<p>I've been in Chris's shoes. I got rid of the whore cheaply and moved on. The rewards have included my wife of 25 years and two daughters who are the lights in my life. Why would I have wanted to sacrifice that just to cause misery to a woman looking to trade up by being someone else's slut?

<p>Even better, the happy couple discovered the hard way that life with someone for whom faith, trust and fidelity are just words in the dictionary might be a tad difficult in the long run. In other words, they proved to be each other's punishment and I didn't have to do anything.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Wimp

He wimped out completely. A nice dousing of battery acid on a cheating slut fixes everything.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

the husband, what a sad and pathetic asshole! Almost like an eunuch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
he got rid of the tramp

and kept the bulk of his cash - I call that a win/win

norcal62norcal62almost 13 years ago
Wow! What a good read!

This is a standard for LW authors to meet! What a fun read of an intelligent discourse between characters; the numbcunt woman and the perceptive male. This is was a joy to follow the main character through all the turns of fate in the plot. More intellect here than in 80% of LW stories. Keep it up!

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Unrealistic

The author got burned badly in a divorce so he writes a story giving a guy control. The fact is that in todays society, that would not happen. The wife would have the upper hand and she knows it. She would divorce him, receive the house, alimony, half his retirement, and at least have the other assets. With no-fault divorce, adultry is a consideration.

That is not fair; it is just the way it is. However, how could it be otherwise. Women always take the woman's side, and most men will take the woman's side regardless of fault. If a man commits adultry it is the man's fault. If a woman commits adultry, it is the man's fault.

When a man hits a woman, regardless of if she hit him first, he is a abuser and, if the police are called, he will be handcuffed and arrested. If a woman uses a weapon, and they do, to injure a man, then he is at fault because he is a wimp and deserves it. And, if the police are called, after handcuffing the man and discovering the facts, she will not be arrested, instead the police will suggest counciling.

At some point, you would think, that men would demand being treated fair, but that is not the way it is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Below average story and plot, but---

Written by an arogant self centered Pomy prig. So far all of Brit writers seem to be from the same mold.

And to compound insult with injury this ugly "upper class" way of writing,common to many of Pomy writers.

It really makes me sick,that such inferior and repulsive species still exist in good old England ! Shame. Adolf should have done a better job of destroying this carbunkel from this planet.

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
What price for your Dignity?

His price was a mere 100k. SHMUCK!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Excellent lausible line again -

I am fascinated how you have manage to do consistently real and fun stories - none of them are beyond reason - certain parts take a bit of a relaxed world view but so what shit happens -

This one was wonderful and easy to see happen just as it was written - he made a conscious decision to say fuck it and walk on hard for some easy for others.

She made a deal for her greater good she was super aware of image and perception she would have bought o in to the settlement in a heart beat just to help assure her better future - the law might have given her more but she was smart enough to not ask.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Pompous,arrogant,inept, long winded.

Did I leave anything out? Possibly. Definite 2 star effort.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Well written but empty

He is very impressed with himself in discovering her affairs. There is a very long tedious breakdown of her story like a court drama. But in the end it's meaningless. She's cheated on him twice that he knows of. He just divorces the slut, lets her live with him after the divorce effectively facilitating her marriage to the next sap. What a wuss. He deserves a wife that cheats on him.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
AT LEAST HUBRIS WILL HAVE A HOME

the cheating social climbing wife, NOT. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

And Biddle is likely to cheat on her, and I'd wager her not getting a lot there, either.

Perilous journey, or can be, social climbing.

RePhilRePhilabout 12 years ago
Pussy husband

And that's why us real men rail against pussy husbands. They need to be struck down if only literary in these stories to keep the skank wives of this world at bay

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
real men indeed

get RePhilled with jism from both ends, spit roasted closet cucks smoking cock and getting buggered like bitches, funny shit cuckboy

VickieTernVickieTernabout 12 years ago
I especially liked

his exacting projections and interpretations of the seduction, filling in the gaps with his analytic imagination as if he were a first rate writer of fiction (he seems to have had help from one). And of course his ability to control and even dissipate anger -- while it infuriates the kneejerk (cock-jerk?) "Kill the Bitch" commentators here -- is refreshing. It demonstrates an abiity to place himself above her provocations, unlike the "KtB" crowd yielding her nothing, not even his temper. And the folkways of class snobbery thrown in as well! Neat!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A pompous and arrogant mindless prattle.

With inept writing skills. Real bad, this one. 1 star!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
what a stupid story

sorry

this is your worst one

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
Just browsing the feedback section & saw the diss from anonymous .

Well I liked it quite a bit . In browsing the comment section, it appears quite a few highly rated authors shared my high opinion. So sorry mister anonymous , it appears that you know fuck-all about a good story. Have a very anonymous day, mister nobody .

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great Story

Realistic story with him getting the best by far. He got rid of her cheap and moved on without letting his own life get screwed up. Great outcome.

Tx Tall TalesTx Tall Talesover 11 years ago
Great effort

Overall, 90% excellence.

Slow, initially, with a sadly week ending, particularly the throwaway final relationship. Some mistakes in plot/logic as previously pointed out, and could use some more grammar, spelling, and stucture editing.

But enough of the flaws. Fun, interesting, not too much foreshadowing, but enough to be fair to the reader. Creative plot, and the entire 'coming clean' discussion was at times brilliant, and overall superb.

Keep it up. I think you're an excellent storyteller, and the writing specifics will be honed with practice.

An excellent story, especially for a first time effort. Kudos.

Dubby49Dubby49over 11 years ago
A really stupid woman

is Karen. She received amnesty for her first abortive attempt and went straight out and did it again. We really don't value that which we have.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Understand/Don't Understand

Letting her stay while the divorce is under way is somewhat understanding from a standpoint of her agreeing to leave with nothing; however, why not visit Biddle, talk with him about scandal and have him provide an apartment for her while the divorce is pending?

Afterall, she has been a canniving cheat all along, he was used enough?I've never hit a woman, any kind of a woman, but I would want to smack this cheat every day I passed her!

Thanks for the read, you are agin, typically worth reading...Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Don't carry it

The anger. Just expose them and get on with your life. You'll feel better.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
Not very good

Pathetic man as main character..He should've dumped the table over at the restaurant after decking Archie and slamming her ass and kicking her out. There would be no next times. The main character is a wimp and there is no logical reason to describe his skank/whore wife as nothing more than an animal street whore that she is.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

He saved a hundred fucking grand. Works for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great fun, breezy story told well....

Really enjoyed the story,

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 11 years ago
OK Story

The story was well written,grammatically but the main character was a little too full of himself. Very judgemental of others while bragging about his accomplishments, especially in the intro. Made it very hard to identify with him let alone, like him. In short, he was a snob. Wife probably got tired of him correcting her all the time or showing her up when it came to academic achievments while tooting his own horn. He asummed that she was seduced by money when actually she just wanted somone to appreciate her. She didn't appear too smart or driven but what most people don't realize is that motivation and drive are learned during childhood. She can not help it if her parents didn't know how to teach such personality traits. I actually felt sorry for her.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Once again a husband playing games with his wife

Just like another of your stories. It's just too implausible. Number one, she would have gotten half their assets. Scandal or not she would have gotten her back up and figured he had no real proof of infidelity, which didn't matter anyway in the allocation of assets in a divorce. Number two, you seem to give the wife credit for an IQ of 10 and the husband an IQ of 200. ALL the assumptions and leading questions the husband asked? He was a greater detective than Sherlock Holmes and Jackie Chan put together per your story. Well written at times (a good editor would help) it's just too lopsided.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
Well, if nothing else,...

... you have to love Chris's pragmatism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good Story But...

Walking away with nothing was good but, she took years of his life, cheated on him (was deceitful and sneaky), was ingenuous and really did not function as a caring and loving wife...so...

Once she was gone and with Bill, some pain should be inflicted - something. The fact that our guy was free of her was a good thing but I'm sure he would like something more than Hubris for company.

Good read, Thanks!

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Cuck bullshit.

Really?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

But the ending fizzled big time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Ah...

How is kicking her out hanging on to anger? Seems to me it'd relieve more anger than it would cause or create!

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
Sigh

Started good. Got better in the mids. The end just sort of died.

Another almost could have been a 5.

zed0zed0almost 10 years ago
The Biddles of PA....

.... will be suing your ass soon.

Did you know that Owen Biddle used to play bass with the roots?

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
He was smart enough to figure it out

but dumb enough to let her get away with it, twice.

she got her prestigious art museum job without sleeping with the manipulator and parlayed it into a better social status.

he kept telling us it was all about the status and money for her, but in the end all he could do was salvage a hollow victory and brag about the $100,000 savings he is so proud of.

she traded up (at least in her mind), and he is left with the mutt.

so who really did get played?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wimp tale

Another wimp that think is smart, he take a lot of time showing everybody your skils with knowles about predators and finish make the worst desicion.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 10 years ago
Great Story !

He kept da' loot and eased the clumsily social clambering upwards by any means necessary ( including coitus ) spouse to the curb. No muss, minimal fuss and NO property split or alimony. Love it.

My minute dissenting point is that Chris so effortlessly dissected the subtle yet vulgar machinations of the senior Grossanova and yet let himself get played before and after deception by Karen who was hardly of Lady Pompadour mode of subtlety. Her ability for artifice must have been greater, then shown to gét him to accept the undesired period of chastity mentioned.

Overall, I do love the story. The use of Hubris as canine comic foil was masterful in offsetting the grimness of Karen's mercenary machinations. Excellent !

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
KNOWING BOTH THEIR BIOS

which one is the social climber, TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Lame

If it was the first time, I might have gone along with a quiet divorce, but a second time after he forgave the first time? No way, BTB!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Awful

This is the second and last of your moronic stories I'm going to read. This is a sex site, put some sex in your stories you wimpy little asshole and stop wasting people's time with your stupid drivel.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
perhaps you should have his sister do a fact check and proof read the story?

a few of the many inconsistencies:

"We married a bit later than our folks did (in our thirties) and now after three years, we are beginning to talk about starting a family, maybe this fall."

"So when my daughter dumped her 125 pound, two year old mutt named Prince Caspian on us (Cas for short), I used him to make a change in my life."

been married 3 years, and the not yet born daughter dumps her dog on them???

"Sam Keasing didn't have a copy of the specification, and wasn't sure what I should include in my bid, other than the plaster work. . . . . Kermit Keasing (love the alliteration) normally does new work, but as times are tough, he took this job, and was a bit out of his element."

are Sam and Kermit related?

loose vs. lose, you lose! weather vs. whether. cloths or clothes. "Big secrete" don't tell anyone but it sounds stinky. etc. etc. etc.

"His net worth is about $300,000 and falling. Mine is about $300,000 and rising."

so, half of your $300,000. is ???

" . . . . giving her half of our assets would have cost me about $100,000!"

and yet, as he pushes her out the door, in order to assist her in her step up the social ladder, he lets her stay in his home, keeps his mouth shut, makes sure she gets the new and improved job, and abets in her seduction of a member of the Philadelphia elite?

wow, talk about seeking retribution!!!! I'll bet she cried all the way to the summer home on the private beach. Meanwhile it is just the two of them, (him and Hubris), in the not so desirable neighborhood, walking around and around the same block,

alone.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
A bit too laid back, this husband

Didn't seem to have too much concern about what was happening. People in town didn't care what she was doing or how it was done to him? If he had business connections they wouldn't want to deal with someone who was such a pussy that he would allow his wife to whore herself out to known perverts. She was looking to trade up, but maybe she was looking for someone with balls in his underwear.

Too bad. Some of your stuff is really good, but some is just crap. Seems to be going downhill fast. Again, too bad and so long. No more of yours for me.

dyonysosdyonysosover 9 years ago
stupid

The woman must be born stupid,nowadays nobody falls for this stuff anymore,it's all too obvious,i bet that biddle will cancel or leave her after a while too lols

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
Classic interrogation scene

Loved the wife's attempted omissions , verbal feints, misdirections and finally admission under narrator's questioning. It was so good, however, the BTB faction were enraged with the conclusion of Chris merely walking away from marriage with lion's share of material assets. There may Loving Wives cross examination scene on file but I disremember reading it. Great rueful humor as well !

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
ooops !

there may be better cross examination scenes *

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Flawed but decent ***

Since when is the president of even a small bank working/lower middle class? Wife was obviously looking to trade up. He should have dumped her the first time, rather than play the cuck. He had no way of knowing in advance that the second split would save him money. Three stars.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Another stupid woman who will never get it -

But she will almost certainly continue to GET IT

Well done - keep the spell check and grammar checkers on though lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
this is a super one

when the lady gets the hots you never know the length she may go to.... one of my favs with this author

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
***

I really think he should have kicked her ass out when she was fucking with Archie, but that wouldn't have made a story, huh? Good writing. Only a couple of typos of no consequence. Cheers!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous