Walker Ch. 01.13

Info
A Tigreni warrior in exile is unable to escape human culture.
7.1k words
4.83
1.2k
00

Part 15 of the 20 part series

Updated 07/08/2023
Created 09/13/2022
Share this

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Duckies
Duckies
4 Followers

Chapter 1.13

Several guardsmen jumped as the blood covered tiger emerged from the underbrush with a miserable looking beastkin girl under his arm. The Tigreni seemed a demon to them as no inch of its fur was not growing darker with drying blood of dark brown and red hue.

Walker found Edwin and the three veteran guardsmen at the front 'Did the runner make it back?' he asked.

'Aye.' she made it Cedric said.

'No trouble from behind?'

'Nay.' the other man, graying where he wasn't bald added 'One of ours died of wounds though.'

'Numbers?'

Edwin answered 'Twenty five of thirty-six guards. Thirty of the sixty or so slavejacks, including the dozen runners.'

'Prisoners?'

'Just over thirty humans, just over twenty beasts.'

The sun shone brightly but all were shuffling when Lumberton came into sight. The gates opened and those few on the streets cheered. The loggers took their slaves and their leave with assurances that the Elderman's office would compensate them for their losses and services to the effort.

The prisoners were marched into the compound square and sorted by race and gender. The prisoners were bound together by the knees, facing each other so none could stand, their elbows bound painfully behind their backs. A count was done under the tired gaze of the surviving guardsmen. The human men numbered all of six in their animal skin wardresses and twenty five women who were mostly naked beneath blankets or animal skins they wore as protection against the cold.

The weapons were taken into a building on the far side of the compound.

The beastkin varied between sheep, dog and wolf species, mostly goat. They offered no resistance as they were marched to the cells before being locked in in groups of four.

Frying beef wafted on the breeze as the barracks slaves prepared breakfast in the mess kitchen. The women cast nervous glances at the captives.

Edwin, Walker, Shuq, Cedric and the other two seniors, having identified themselves to Walker as Beric and Adis, were seated by the rail of the mess overseeing the proceedings. All were spattered red and their boots layered with mud and gore. Edwin grabbed a passing slavegirl by the elbow, he read the number tattooed below her neck, 'Go to the Elderman's office. Tell them we've returned. Captain Edwin requires a scribe here to take a report.'

'Yes sir.' she handed the plates she carried to another then ran off.

Edwin loosened his belt saying 'Damn fine victory gentlemen. The whole town will be relieved.'

'I'll drink on it Captain.' the balding Adis waved over an older slave woman with the number seven on her breast, 'Bring ale.'

Cedric leaned heavily on his elbows 'There's more o' em out there.'

'I reckon we killed most.' the younger Beric added, 'Rest'll be easier ta take care of.'

Edwin shook his head 'The woods are mighty big. We will see what we get from interrogation.'

'Aye, captain's right, we ain't got no inklin how many more've the fuckers 're out there.'

Edwin glanced at the Tigreni. Walker's eyes were scanning the silent captives. Speaking earned them a beating. 'We have you to thank for this.' Edwin said with simple gratitude.

Walker looked at him as if they'd never met 'They are not bandits.'

'Hmm, what are they?'

'Forward survey group.'

The men exchanged confused looks.

Walker explained 'None were great fighters. Weapons were crudely made. Look at the men... they seem different from Norrish men. Loggers said their slaves were being captured, look at the women, do they seem like yours?'

The men looked, 'Aye, slavejacks or steaders maybe. I'd wager.'

Walker continued 'The beastfolk avoid humans. Are they known for fighting with or against humans?'

'Nay.' Cedric answered putting these observations together in his head.

'Your lack of preparedness tells me this never happens.'

'What never happens?' Adis asked, 'We've had occasional bandits since the days of my grandpa.'

Beric retorted 'Aye, but small in number. And no bandit's ever attacked large logger camps before.'.

Edwin stopped the conversation, 'What is a forward survey group Walker?'

'Hrmm. Difficult to explain.'

'Try.'

'If I were charged to invade Norrish lands from beyond the mountain. I would need to know many things before marching. I could gather a small force, perhaps a few hundred Tigreni warriors, mostly scouts and runners. They would cross the mountains, set up a camp on the edge of Norrish lands. Scouts would be sent out to survey the land; villages, towns, resources, food supplies and stores, military capacity like garrisons and strongholds. Maps would be drawn, targets identified and so on. They would learn as much as possible, and if confronted, pull back. All information would be sent back over the mountains where the main force was being gathered.'

'Sounds sophisticated.' Edwin remarked 'Would you attack logger camps and conscript stolen slaves?'

'Later perhaps.' the tiger confirmed, 'Eventually, as I set out with the main force, I might have identified Lumberton as an integral part of the Norrish economy; lumber. The river as a major food transportation mechanism.' Walker drew an imaginary map on the table with his fingers, 'As the main force is on the march, my survey group uses any and all local resources to strike at vulnerable points of the enemy; conscript any who could be coerced. Tens of my warriors might be leading bands of hundreds.' Walker tilted his head meaningfully towards the captives 'What if?' he asked of the men around him 'I can cripple lumber and heating supplies of the city. What if the enemy's lands can be divided and food shortages inflicted by blocking the rivers and attacking farms? What if we can demoralize and terrorize the population? What if the enemy is forced to pull troops from an existing warfront to protect vast tracts of indefensible land?'

'We ain't seen none of that.' Cedric protested.

'We've seen some of that.' Beric interjected.

Edwin frowned worriedly 'What have we seen Walker?'

The tiger shrugged, 'How old are reports of bandits?'

'Months. Attacking steads north of our borders.'

A ponderous silence fell over them.

'Has my master proven his innocence?' Shuq asked suddenly.

Adis looked her askance, 'Shut it.'

She ignored the young officer, staring intently at the captain.

'That's up to the Elderman.' Edwin told the tiger handing him the key to the girl's shackles 'Mister Walker, we're appreciative of your... leadership throughout the night.' the other three men shifted uncomfortably, 'We'll be truthful with the old man and endorse the restoration of hospitality. For now though, your status is unchanged.'

Walker unlocked her restraints putting the metal on the table. The ale came and they all ate a hearty breakfast of steak and eggs followed with oranges. The guardsmen took turns eating and dozing on the benches.

Word was spreading through town based on the growing number of curious townsfolk and loggers who amassed at the compound gates. Edwin ordered the gates shut when abuse and stones were hurled at the captives.

The Elderman himself arrived with two scribes carrying arms full of empty parchment. The old man's cane clacked on the wood as he lowered himself to the bench.

Cedric had fallen asleep on his arms and woke as the old man sat beside him. Walker and Shuq lay beside each other next to the bench; the girl snored softly but the tiger had woken.

'You had a long night, Captain?' the old man's eyes roamed over the varied peoples, all seemed slouched and decrepit.

'Yes Elderman.'

'I was under the impression you'd be escorting some loggers. Instead, it seems you conscripted a small army and went out to fight a major battle. How was that decision made?'

There was a pause 'Our guest insisted on it Elderman.'

'Oh aye. Are we in the habit of taking orders from foreigners now Captain?'

'He made sense. And I reasoned if he was wrong it would have been little more than an inconvenience.'

'An' he was right.' Cedric said. 'Whole gaurd'd be dead now if not fer 'im.'

'Where is he now?'

Edwin leaned down poking at Walker. The tiger opened his eyes and dragged himself onto the bench. The cut in his side was stiff.

Bushy silver eyebrows rose at the matted and flaking fur. 'You're not a spy are you Mister Walker?' asked the Elderman.

Walker shrugged 'Do my words matter?'

The Elderman gave him a gap-toothed smile 'Your actions matter. Hospitality is hereby restored. Your silver shall be returned to you.'

'Hrmm.' Walker turned to Edwin 'I am welcome in your home?'

The Captain nodded.

The tiger stood, nudged the girl awake with his foot. 'The ones who don't belong.' he instructed Edwin motioning towards the restrained men then left with the drowsy girl by his side.

The gates opened. A dozen loggers and slavejacks loitered outside.

They stared a moment until a man shouted 'That's him!', prompting cheers.

They crowded about, followed him down the road even after he waved them away, annoyed.

'My master killed many of the enemy.' the girl told the men excitedly, 'He captured many more.'

'Aye, he did. We was there!' a voice agreed 'Slew em like they's nothing. Roared like a demon, put a fear in em so's they just gave up.'

Walker grabbed Shuq by the arm, dragging her down the road. The town was now filled and filling with the loggers coming in for the week's end. They drew many eyes and sporadic cheers as they went, tales of the battle had rolled through the town like waves.

'What's wrong?' the girl asked to no avail 'We're alive and you've won their favor.'

'I'm not human.' the tiger growled as he pulled her briskly towards the square, 'I leave tomorrow.'

Shuq tore from his grasp suddenly and they stood facing each other on the cobbles.

'Can I stay with you?' there was desperation in her voice.

'Yes. Come.' but she didn't move, just stood there dejectedly.

Walker's side burned with a sharp ache, he was hungry and fatigued. He reached for her but she stepped away from his grasp 'We can stay here.' she said.

'No.'

'Why?'

'Death is coming here.' Walker turned and walked off. She followed but remained silent.

Loggers roamed all about the square, the tables at the tavern were filled to capacity. A bloodied guardsman approached them between the trees at the corner garden, it was the young guard Snorri.

Snorri was flanked by two slavejacks, each with a stinking limp body slung over their shoulders. He almost walked into the tiger, his fledgling facial hair was still spattered with blood.

Seeing Walker he stopped 'Morning sir.'.

'Hrmm.' Walker greeted.

'Did they make it through?' Shuq indicated the bodies.

Snorri frowned at her, unsure of whether he should answer a woman 'One's cold, not stiff yet. Other's soon to follow I reckon, but still breathing. S'cuse me sir.'

Snorri had barely left them before Tullius the fat tavern keep rushed up to them.

'Go away.' Walker grumbled at him but the man walked with them.

'Congratulations on the victory.' Tullius said gruffly 'You fightin' today?'

'As you can see, my master is wounded.' Shuq answered apologetically, already men were wandering towards them, 'He needs rest Mister Tullius.'

The man saw the gash only because fresh blood oozed over the old 'Someone landed that body blow.' he observed.

'Many wagered their lives and lost.' she told him sardonically.

'Whole town's gonna be here, 'n word of the Tigreni is spreading. We'll lost much silver if there's no fights today.' the man told their backs.

'There won't be any fights if his wound isn't cared for.' she responded over her shoulder.

Meri had bags under her eyes when she opened the door to them. She took in the state of the tiger 'My man?!' she inquired in a panic.

'He's fine ma'am.' Shuq told her 'The Captain is back at the barracks overseeing the prisoners and the wounded.'

The woman's breasts sank as she exhaled in relief. 'Come in you two.' She shouted through the house for the sisters. The backdoor creaked open and the two girls ran in, their long braided hair jumping as they trotted breathlessly. Despite the coolness of the morning, sweat dripped off their lean faces. They wore only tight canvas skirts and breast wraps.

'Trish, restart the bath fire. Sina, clean warm water and soap for Mister Walker. Rinse him good as you can.' They rushed to comply. Concerned she told Walker 'I'll get the stitching kit and alcohol for that wound. Is it deep?'

The tiger shook his head, 'A bandage will do.'

His shirt creaked as she lifted it to inspect the gash 'Nay, it won't. Not if you don't want another scar.'

The tiger shrugged.

'Girl, take your master out back. Wash him well, I don't want blood staining the carpets.'

The backyard was a small fenced off grassy area, a shed stood in the far corner with logs stacked beside a chopping block. Trish threw split hunks into the stone cavity beneath the bath as Sina came from inside the bathroom with two buckets of warm water she'd filled from the bath. She set the buckets on the grass; her blue green eyes tentatively flicked over the tiger.

Shuq saw the girl's fear of addressing Walker and interceded 'Get undressed so we can clean you.'

As if his thoughts were far away the tiger lifted his arms with a growling wince as Shuq lifted the stained shirt to his shoulders and up to his wrists, 'You're too tall for me, take it off.' He did so awkwardly. His white belly was splotched with red stains except where the wound in his lower abdomen wept slowly with thick crimson ooze. She took it upon herself to loosen the cord around his waist and to pull the pants to his ankles 'Step out.' He lifted one foot out, then the next.

The slave girl stared for a moment, at the white furred grapefruit balls hanging between his legs. Not knowing what to make of the sheathe above it or the apparent lack of a penis. Shuq handed Sina a cloth, 'Come.' she said then dipped the cloth into the water. Sina approached the tiger with a lump of soap and a wet cloth.

They started at the top, wringing water over his head and gently rubbing his broad shoulders and bulging neck with the soap. He had closed his eyes and stood statue still.

Shuq counted scars as she rubbed him down, she had not yet had a close inspection in good lighting; there were seven major scars where no fur grew and a countless amount of smaller ones across his torso, back, legs and arms. Rivulets of red pooled and soaked into the grass at his feet.

Her fingers dug at stubborn stains, iron hard muscle tensing beneath. The orange fur was longer, straight and stiff while the white fur on his belly and chest was much finer and soft as down. She noticed the skin was a strange tinge of pink but had a grayish cast to it about the thickness of the scarring.

Sina was about to clean his testicles and Shuq found herself surprised that she felt a sense of jealousy at this. 'Wash his legs.' she said in a sterner voice than intended before kneeling on the grass. Shuq looked at the hanging fruit before her, the weight was apparent as the skin above seemed stretched to contain them. Water flowed into the valley between them and the sheathe before flowing over like a waterfall. Bedazzled, she cupped one in her palm, the loose delicate skin seemed to melt between her fingers and droop over the sides of her hand. Carefully she lathered them up until foam appeared which she rubbed around the orbs. Using her middle and index finger she rubbed along the sheathe and felt a hardening come from within. So entranced was she that she forgot to breathe. The tiger made a mewling noise and his leg shifted.

Her eyes drifted up to the hard belly, the blocks of his stomach was apparent with shadow and his swollen chest protruded above her head. His muzzle was slightly open. Almost reluctantly she moved to his side, rubbing and washing his hips. She noted the indentations there and the clear lines where the muscular buttocks were. With more vigor she ran the cloth between his buttocks and realized for the first time that there had once been a tail there, only a nub greeted her. Her middle finger folded into the cloth and she felt where his anus was then washed between his thighs.

Having spent several nights in the warmth of his body her mind was still fresh with the memories of her father, Batrus and the other men. Her body was still fresh with their abuse. Scenes of her rape came to her many times a day as if insisting themselves into her present reality. Whether there was kindness in Walker she did not yet know, perhaps it was simply his indifference but her soul did not recoil from his being as it did with human men.

Despite her own fatigue and hunger, her body had responded. Moisture dripped from her tingling cunt and in her waking dreams Batrus' filthy body was replaced with the strength of the tiger flattening her ass to his hips. She remembered Meri's message of keeping him happy but the newly named Shuq had no idea what a man liked.

Finally, they finished cleaning the blood off the warrior. Shuq hadn't noticed Meri standing in the doorway observing them from above. When she stood, Meri gave her a mischievous wink and a smile. Shuq found herself embarrassed and restrained herself from scratching at the tickling moisture oozing from her sex.

'Let's stitch you up mister.' Meri motioned them in. 'Sina, Trish. Back to your exercise, I can hear you inside. Don't slack.'

The sisters squatted like dogs, touched their asses to the grass, then straightened their bodies in a jump that lifted their feet off the ground. They squatted, touched the grass then jumped.

In the lounge Meri had a small sewing kit on the table, she told Walker to lay on a towel before the fire then knelt beside him. The girl sat on the carpet, her blue eyes drooping now with sleeplessness.

The older woman took a vial of alcohol and clean bandages, she began to cleaning the gash in the tiger's side. 'You two can rest after I've finished and you've both eaten something. Tell me what happened.'

Shuq told her the story; the trek on the roads, warning the logger camps, the refugees, the ambush on the enemy.

Meri cut her off halfway through 'Will you go fetch the whiskey dear?'

The girl did and poured everyone a glass. She sat at the tiger's head, it turned and sniffed curiously at her but its eyes never opened. Meri listened with a deep concern on her face as she threaded a needle through the tiger's flesh and pulled the flaps of skin together. Walker groaned and Shuq stroked his head while scratching his wide ears

'There's foreign men leading beastkin and abducted slavejacks?' Meri seemed particularly bothered by this idea.

'Yes ma'am. They've darker skin than we do and... you can see on their faces, they're not like us. The ones who were caught, they wear animals on their heads.'

'Animals on their heads?' Meri queried dabbing an alcohol soaked rag on the stitched wound.

'Aye. Not one spoke a word on the way back.'

'Finished.' Meri informed Walker, 'I'm glad you came to us when you did, I couldn't live without Edwin.'

'Hrmm.' the tiger answered noncommittally.

'You saved men and neither the Elderman nor our culture can let that be. The gods demand we show gratitude.'

'Hrmm,' Walker took hold of the girl's hand stroking his chest fur saying 'rarely does gratitude come free of demand.'

Meri exhaled with mirth, 'Aye, too true. Are they not as night and day?'

'Aye.' Walker mirrored, 'As are all things.'

'The girl gives the impression that you think there's worse to come.' her voice took on a somber tone now, 'What do you think will come?'

'No idea. Perhaps nothing.' he answered squeezing Shuq's hand hard to silence her, 'Is there food?'

'The girls are busy exercising. Let's fetch your master's food.'

--:--
--:--
1.0
Duckies
Duckies
Duckies
4 Followers