All Comments on 'Walking with Sam'

by onehitwanda

Sort by:
  • 198 Comments
JacquiUK41JacquiUK41about 1 year ago

Oh my word you have done it again. I love your stories, ok I'll freely admit I'm a soppy romantic, but you just draw me in every time.

Thank you again x

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You know, I hadn't really asked myself what a Top Gun Maverick (shh, I know, just a single track from the soundtrack, don't ruin my attempt at a joke) inspired story of yours would look like. I guess if I had, the utter absence of planes would have been a surprise?

Anyway, this was lovely! I found it surprisingly (not to say uncharacteristically, because that would be mean) light-hearted, despite the threats of violence and ensuing car chase. Honestly, by about page 4, I was quite worried about the pre-finale crash that you usually so cruelly inflict on us, and found the slightly over the top adrenaline-fueled scene you went with weirdly soothing in comparison. It does make everything really neat, even without the gifted mansion and salary(tm), but that, again, fit seemlessly with the rest of the story. That you of all people, a writer whose stories regularly feature people unable to afford their own apartments, would end up siding with the land-owning aristocracy probably makes you a class traitor, but there's gotta be some flaws, I guess.

What I mean to say: Thank you for taking the time to write, edit, and publish this for us! I had an absolutely brilliant time and already see myself rereading this rather soon. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Love it too bit... 😍 funny and heartfelt.

And a little bit deranged😁😍 cant wait for the nxt hit ..😘

OGG52754OGG52754about 1 year ago
Another

Another great one, it's what I expect from you anymore.

LlornaLlornaabout 1 year ago

You are so very good at creating likeable characters and writing about their intense, all-consuming love.

Cheers!

LlyanderLlyanderabout 1 year ago

Goddamn. I love your stories. I love your characters. I love your turn of phrase. You're one of the few writers that can make me laugh out loud or make me tear up. Great stuff as always.

dwoelfledwoelfleabout 1 year ago

You write the most beautiful love stories. This was glorious and tear jerkingly lovely. Thank you.

_robin_robinabout 1 year ago

A lovely fairy story. I kept thinking something really bad was going to happen - Sam had a talk with the lawyers, they advise her to ditch Willa - but no!

MigbirdMigbirdabout 1 year ago

As a near hopeless romantic a perfect piece with believable characters. A joy to read.

Wildbill314Wildbill314about 1 year ago

Such a wonderfully written, sweet tale

Rambling_ChantrixRambling_Chantrixabout 1 year ago

holy fuck that was good, thank you for sharing it, what a wonderful tale... and the part that did it most for me, unexpectedly, was the relationship with Beth... whew! "our daughter" ...! i'm crying, just a little.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Unbelievably good but you've done it before. Right up to your usual standard and you give it to us so all I can give you is my heartfelt thanks and it goes without saying 5*.

XactoXactoabout 1 year ago

Absolutely lovely … with an unlikely but totally pleasing ending. Thanks for sharing these characters with us! ❤️❤️❤️

PapaRomanticPapaRomanticabout 1 year ago

Simply magic, as always!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another thoroughly enjoyable read. Thank you.

Silver SeaSilver Seaabout 1 year ago

Wonderful story Onehitwanda! I loved the continuity of your character development and the growing love these women shared, unspoken at first, then blossoming into a "If we have each other, we have all we need" kind of love.

Thanks for taking your time to share this great tale.

Silver

madtowncunilinguistmadtowncunilinguistabout 1 year ago

Beautiful story, Wanda. I love it! do tender and sweet, with characters so vulnerable and loving. Just. Wow.

Thank you so much for the effort you put into writing this.

sars33sars33about 1 year ago

A brilliant story - incredibly enjoyable

foolishbeardfoolishbeardabout 1 year ago

Another wonderful piece by Wanda. Is there anything you write that isn’t so poetically lovely and evocative?

InsomniZachInsomniZachabout 1 year ago

Every story you write makes me feel things and that's about the highest compliment I can give

Striderian1Striderian1about 1 year ago

Right brilliant, this story is. Well done, and keep them coming, please.

chiefhalchiefhalabout 1 year ago

OMG! I loved it, great story and a real tear jerker.

Thank you!

RangerLeeRangerLeeabout 1 year ago

Ok, that was just great. I tend to eschew stories from the female pov, but this… within the first few paragraphs I was hooked. And the sort of stream of consciousness thoughts and feelings… just so well done. A very nice tale and well done, Wanda! Thank you! 5 *.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereabout 1 year ago

Wanda does it again. I’ve learned to to love the way you can pass an entire season of time in a short turn of phrase. Always a writing lesson to read your stories.

shayneoneshayneoneabout 1 year ago

well done a happy ever after a little to close to home except for the happy ever after i like reading your stories thanks be well happy and safe a fan shayne

RavenTrueRavenTrueabout 1 year ago

Bravo! What a great read. It got me in all the feels. I just wanted them to be happy together. Thank you!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

OMG. Simply splendid.

SirDigbyChickenCaesarSirDigbyChickenCaesarabout 1 year ago

Is this a remaster? I'm sure I've read this story before.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

OK. You can shut down Literotica now. The perfect sappy lesbian romance has been written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is amazing love it love so much these slow burn romances where it’s realistic and you can imagine everything as you read great work please don’t stop with these beautiful stories of female female love

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
another personal day

Had to take another day off for the year...and so well worth it. When the chase began, I was super worried that there wasn't going to be a happy ending....so glad... the little treasures always to be found in your stories when delving deeper into some of the details... The Dido (presumably " White Flag ") and Simon and Garfunkel songs had me debating with myself whether they were accurate in the context, as both are songs about unrequited love and this story is not only about acceptance from both the main characters but also from those that are important to them. A wonderful romance story from you, thank you for sharing your gift with us. I'm sure that I will read it for a third time soon, finding more hidden treasures!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Oh, Wanda. You've gone and done it again. Another marvelous, touching tale. This one had me hooked like a trophy fish within the first two pages. Thanks for helping me complete my daily emotional checklist in one sitting.

fallwatcherfallwatcherabout 1 year ago

Such a lovely story. I really appreciate all of your work. Each story is a masterclass on how to write a brilliantly-structured story with such engaging characters and flawless dialog. Thank you for sharing your skill and creativity with us.

ca_daveca_daveabout 1 year ago

Wanda from the bottom of my heart thank you. This is hands down the best story you have ever shared with us. You always give us a great story. This was spectacular!!! 5* but it deserves many more.

paulyepspaulyepsabout 1 year ago

I love your writing and this story was just amazing!! I loved it and I’m sad it’s finished !! Well done ! Thank you so much for sharing this story !! 🥰🥰🥰

JayDiverJayDiverabout 1 year ago

5's All the way!! OneHitWanda is always 5's Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Definitely an enjoyable read. Some might say it lacks some special elements of originality, but the heart and soul in this story more than makes up for it So ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ it is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So cute!!

shurlin3shurlin3about 1 year ago

Another brilliant story from the best author on Lit. These days life is so chock full and fast paced and dominated by all our responsibilities and obligations with precious little time to escape, stop, and focus on the most fundamental of human needs - i.e. that one person who we can love with our whole heart and know we are loved by them back for who we are. Your writing is always a refreshing and happy (and sexy) diversion from my everyday grind, and whenever I see a new story from Wanda pop up in my home page, it I always feels like an unexpected gift that I cannot wait to open. Really enjoyed this one, and I am sure it will be one that I read many times over again. Thank you for sharing your talent with us, we have no right to expect anything more from you, but I and many others hope you will continue to write and share more stories with us.

ThebiffThebiffabout 1 year ago

A beautiful story- six stars if i could.

RickshawroadRickshawroadabout 1 year ago

Perfectly lovely 5*+

KachinaDollKachinaDollabout 1 year ago

I wish I could give more than five stars. This had me hooked from start to finish. Beautifully written and nicely sexy.

CreepyDragonCreepyDragonabout 1 year ago

What a sweet romance!

IWishICouldWriteIWishICouldWriteabout 1 year ago

I think Literotica is broken. I couldn't find the six star button. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story.

silveraidersilveraiderabout 1 year ago

Let's see... plausible plot (always important). Tick. Natural dialogue. Tick. Searingly hot sex scene. Tick. Dark developments and menace. Tick. Happy ending. Tick. Yes, vintage Wanda, no doubt about it. Good story. Thank you.

JCMcNeillyJCMcNeillyabout 1 year ago

Absolutely charming in all respects. You have a wonderful rhythm and grace to your prose that draws a person in, and a near mastery of expressing feelings and mood. Willa’s infatuation with Sam took me right back to my youth. Oh, to be young and in love. (Of course, being older and still in love isn’t so bad 🥰) Five stars all the way.

kathy2012kathy2012about 1 year ago

Another wonderful story! Well developed characters, great story arc, outstanding prose, and very hot!

Best regards,

Kathy

exxxorexxxorabout 1 year ago

What a wonderful story, you are an amazing writer.

Marbury1803Marbury1803about 1 year ago

I knew this was a treasure by page 3 or so, and wished I had a chance to throw down an early 5 stars. And I swear I wept thru most of the last two pages or so. Absolutely brilliant. thank you.

Canyon32Canyon32about 1 year ago

That was an amazing read! Great story!

SensualFanSensualFanabout 1 year ago

From a list of your great stories, to me, this is your best. I have daughters, one who has been divorced and one who might be one day (justifiably, if so). Observing the impact of a bad marriage vs the euphoria of a strong relationship was more personal than I anticipated. You have such a strong grasp of dialogue, interesting, believable, and able to convey the requisite emotion. This is not just your best story, but, again in my view, one of the best stories of this genre on this site. It currently sits at number 1, and should stay there or nealy so, though there are some spectacular women writers here. I loved the pacing, the exploratory nature of the relationship and the ultimate strength of Sam in her handling the big confrontation. The grace shown by her father-in-law was a welcome surprise, but having watched way too many hours of BBC television, plausible. The story was engrossing, the characters compelling, and the sex was blazing hot, sensual and, frankly enviable (that from a hetero male, for what it’s worth). 5 stars are not enough. I hope you get as much pleasure from writing them as your stories give us readers. Any praise you receive for this one cannot possibly too effusive.

jackie_emjackie_emabout 1 year ago

Beautiful story. We knew there would eventually be a blow up with the husband. I'm pleased that the characters found happiness together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bloody awesome.

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICabout 1 year ago

Another beautiful love story just as good as your other ones.

SexualisPhantasiaSexualisPhantasiaabout 1 year ago

This story was so well done. The characters felt so real, and it brought tears to my eyes so many times! Thank you so much for sharing!!

jgbell14jgbell14about 1 year ago

Fantastic story. Having lost 2 dogs myself, I can understand Sam's being devastated at Flora. I was kinda hoping they'd get a dog together at the end. I'm looking forward to your next story. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I thank you.

Bluesea00Bluesea00about 1 year ago

Simply delicious. May be a bit rushed at the end?. But delicious.

pcman1950pcman1950about 1 year ago

An absolute delight! 5 & fave.

toesucker1toesucker1about 1 year ago

A delicious slow burn rollercoaster of a story. Just wonderful.

Slurpy29Slurpy29about 1 year ago

This was a beautiful story! I loved the interaction of the characters and how their romance played out. Very well done. Totally agree with everything shurlin3 mention in their comments. I vote that before you write anything you write a new name for yourself, like multihitwanda. You’re an excellent writer that continues to write wonderful works.

sarah4gurlzsarah4gurlzabout 1 year ago

With every new story you excel yourself!, Wanda!

xxxxx

lilshymynxlilshymynxabout 1 year ago

Absolutely beautiful. Funny, tearful, poignant, charming, and so much more. Pulled me in from the first glimpse of Sam in the park and held me till they drove off to the ferry. Thank you so much for sharing another of your wonderful works with us! 💕

BelindaTvDKBelindaTvDKabout 1 year ago

Lovely story...

Keep up the good writing, please

Greetings, Belinda

CaulderonCaulderonabout 1 year ago

This story is both beautiful and sensitive. Moreover, it is complete love story. The physical attraction and relationship between the two main characters, could have been easily spoiled at the hands of a less gifted writer. It lifted my spirits to have encountered this small but powerful literary gem.

Thank you. 5 stars

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusabout 1 year ago

Invariably your stories edify me. I'm a better, happier, kinder, and more patient human being for having savored them. Thanks to your ultimately sunny insight into the human condition, your artistry, and your writerly skill and craftsmanship, you deserve a place among the very top writers on this site. And I'm delighted to see you win the praises of JCMcNeilly, another member of the Literotica Hall of Fame.

As for the rest, I can only echo the appreciative comments SensualFan has already registered.

I rounded down to a 5.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonabout 1 year ago

There's so much to like about this story. The appreciation of a nice bum is something that I can definitely identify with. The two characters are well-drawn despite some details of Willa's dark past remaining hidden. I like how for half the story Willa's belief that this won't end well conjures an air of sadness. I love the vivid picture painted by "a bedraggled bird of paradise among the wrens." The confrontation with Mark and the frantic escape are bravura pieces.

If there is one thing that doesn't quite live up to the rest of the story, it is as Sam says, "There's just no way all this could have just resolved itself so completely and so neatly." But then this is a romance, and a happy ending is expected.

Cindy1001Cindy1001about 1 year ago

Heart-warming story, delicious to read.

jeannedeejeannedeeabout 1 year ago

This is a wonderful story! I wish I could give it 6 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You are by far the most talented author on this site. So grateful that you share your beautifully written stories with us. I've read all your back catalogue now and this is the best - so far!!! Your character development, turn of phrase, plot lines and storytelling are just second to none. Thank you Multihitwonderful!!!

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusabout 1 year ago

Invariably your stories edify me. I'm a better, happier, kinder, and more patient human being for having savored them. Thanks to your ultimately sunny insight into the human condition, your artistry, and your writerly skill and craftsmanship, you deserve a place among the very top writers on this site. And I'm delighted to see you win the praises of JCMcNeilly, another member of the Literotica Hall of Fame.

As for the rest, I can only echo the appreciative comments SensualFan has already registered.

I rounded down to a 5.

ArmorlaArmorlaabout 1 year ago

Another joyous escapade!!!!

BodysurferyeahBodysurferyeahabout 1 year ago

I kept waiting for the confrontation, because it was inevitable. Then I couldn't believe that whatis the putz philanderer was done, so I was waiting for another attack. Good job with that tension throughout. Impressive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another heart-breakingly beautiful story of two wonderful people. Loved the twist of Sir Malcolm being such an understanding man.

CorinnePapillonCorinnePapillonabout 1 year ago

Beautiful story, brilliantly written! Thank you!

Tyrion90Tyrion90about 1 year ago

You did it again. Amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your work.

LaRascasseLaRascasseabout 1 year ago

5 stars and my thanks for your continued contributions to this category

gunmakergunmakerabout 1 year ago

A totally unexpected ending. Wonderful.

foxyfowlerfoxyfowlerabout 1 year ago

Brilliantly written story hope you will write more about these three ladies as they deserve to be loved and happy and have fun together and I loved the storyline was just perfect onehitwanda, please write more about these beautiful ladies you are a fantastic writer as this story proves you are. xxx

Brynne71Brynne71about 1 year ago

Another excellent story written in such a thoughtful way 🙏🙏

OpenmarriageohioOpenmarriageohioabout 1 year ago

Another amazing 5 star story. You need to change your name to "multihitwanda". Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.

MarshallaMarshallaabout 1 year ago
Very well done.

Once again you have provided a lovely, in depth and greatly satisfying story.

Very well done indeed.

5 Stars and an instant Favorite, with my thanks and appreciation.

BoldVultureBoldVultureabout 1 year ago

Wow. This was a page-turner for me and I'm trying to figure out just what made it so compelling. Was it the wide differences in socio-economic status of Willa and Sam? Or was it the unfailing honesty of the two? How important was Beth's inclusion and the sisterly relationship that developed with Willa? I've enjoyed many stories of the lesbian-straight girl sub-genre, maybe enough that I'd tired of the formula somewhat. This one really worked. Thank you onehitwanda? Where else have I encountered a Willa and a Wanda in one story

yhgtbkyhgtbkabout 1 year ago

5 I thought Sandcastles set the bar pretty high but this moves the bar even higher.

JS60007JS60007about 1 year ago

One of your best I think. I love your other stories but felt the ending of this one wound things up very nicely, indeed.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWantedabout 1 year ago

Usually not my type of story. But because you wrote it, I read it. Glad I did.

JusteenKJusteenKabout 1 year ago

My favourite story so far this year! Just wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Your writing is remarkable. Immersive, involving, transformative, and always with an enormous emotionally satisfying warm and wonderful payload of joy at the ending.

I might be in love. We're not worthy.

retnavysec69retnavysec69about 1 year ago

Wow, just WOW. Very very wel done. Love how the characters felt so real with real life problems. If I could give more than 5 stars I would. 10 stars as far as I am concerned

mtnman6999mtnman6999about 1 year ago

Well written as usual . Love your characters and their personalities. I'm having a bit of a rough time at the moment and this too good to be true ending was exactly the right medicine. Just enough drama to build the suspense and straight away to the Disney ending (well, sort of.)

Jimbo3948Jimbo3948about 1 year ago

Don't know how you do it but you created another wonderful story. Please keep them coming. I look forward to reading them all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very. Well. Done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I think I'm in love with you <3

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You're writing is incredible. I can't think of enough adjectives to describe how much I love your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really, really, well written, as always. Some might quibble about the Deus ex machina ending, but not me.

flashdog666flashdog666about 1 year ago

My only issue with this wonderful story is that I wish, in the end, they brought a new dog into the family to bring the full circle of the lovely pup that helped start this family.

Superb tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Beautiful story.Great ending.Almost had me in tears.

tyzotyzotyzotyzoabout 1 year ago

A simply beautiful story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronehitwanda@onehitwanda
Profligate reader, harsh critic, published author, lingu(istic)ally deft, Daughter of Coldharbour, hopeless Arcane fangirl, wielder of the sword of Damoclites. Occasionally muffled but never decaffeinated. I've always loved the blurry line between realism and fantasy, hen...