All Comments on 'Wanda a Rescued Cousin'

by Pugzilla

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Anti-climatic

Bad guys literally take in on the chin every time coming up short. Makes them far less threatening and heroines are denied their struggle and endeavor to prove their hero status. Turns the villains into underdogs and you protagonists harder to route for. Not to mention the damage the goons have taken is far more severe than what they have dealt out.

Just some thoughts. Keep at it.

PugzillaPugzillaover 4 years agoAuthor
Wow great feedback.

Thanks so much for the detailed response. I really agree with everything you said. When I write in the novel format I really try and follow this approach. Whether or not I am successful or not is up for debate. In good novel writing you almost have to write the villain first and work back from there. Because the site has some guidelines, it can be tricky to write villainous actions. I have gotten dinged a few times. The easiest way to stay inbounds of the rules is to make sure there is always a happy ending. That said the two installments I am working on now have a harsher edge that should challenge my lead characters and build my villain characters. I am hopeful that the evil gets in under the radar. Thanks again for the interesting commentary it's very much appreciated. One of the reasons writers post is for the interaction.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPugzilla@Pugzilla
I am a 40ish male from the southeastern United States. My main focus is on crime/humor fiction. I have a couple of novels under my belt. I like to write short stories about my background characters to flesh out my literary world. I have recently taken up writing on Literotica ...