War of the Races Ch. 01d

Story Info
The Druid of Annwyn.
7.5k words
4.72
8.9k
21
3

Part 4 of the 43 part series

Updated 07/27/2023
Created 12/17/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pinkender
Pinkender
1,174 Followers

Chapter 1d- The Druid of Annwyn

After Glenna left, a breeze picked up and blew cool air off of the Ocean of Ahti. Janaspi and Poma opened the windows so that the moist air would cool the room. Summerset spent the rest of the day laying on the bed counting the hours as one by one his ladies came over to lay down with him and snuggled up before taking cat naps. At agonizing length the sun began its slow descent toward the horizon and Summerset rose up to watch it. Janaspi, ever alert to his slightest movement, crawled off the bed and padded over to the balcony and slid one arm around his waist. With the vacancy of his warmth the others roused and they were quickly joined by Poma and the rest. Together, they all watched the sun descend into the waves of the ocean in a flaming red fireball that lit up the sky in a myriad of colors.

"Only a few more hours now," Summerset mumbled to no one in particular.

"Yes my lord," Janaspi answered though she knew he required no answer.

"Have you had any visions since the last one," He asked as he turned to admire her profile.

She turned, and with bright blue eyes, she smiled up at him. They almost glowed, as if they were soaking up all of the remaining light in the sky around them as she whispered, "No my lord."

Searching her eyes for knowledge. Following every curve and edge of her face, he admired the arc of her brow, her long thick lashes to the fullness of her cheekbones. The lovely sweep from her cheekbones to her jaw. The squared off edges of her jaw below her long, pointed, white ears with furry white tufts on the tops and back, but were soft pink skin inside. He loved the way her ears twitched when she was annoyed, or when she was excited. The way that she laid her ears back and he could trace the lines from the points of her ears to jaw and then to her chin in the straight lines of a V; and he loved the way her nose was wide across the bridge, but small and turned up at the tip, and he especially loved her wide, plump, pink mouth.

Leaning in he kissed her because he couldn't refuse himself the pleasure of the caress of her mouth on his lips. When he withdrew she sighed, and he grinned as he requested, "Please, tell it to me again..."

"Of course my love," She sighed into his mouth before stepping back and reigning in her growing desire, "The vision begins with the full moon high in the night sky filled with twinkling stars. Beneath its glory the Guardian of a dying land sits upon a high outcropping with a tall tree at his back. Upon the outcropping and surrounding him and the tree is fertile ground, sharp jagged rocks are just below, and curving around the out cropping and the jagged rocks is a babbling brook. The Guardian is the Lion of Luama. He has dark brown fur and a platinum mane. Without despair for the death around him, he confidently lifts his head to roar at the beaming light of the moon. The fertile earth rumbles, causing spiders to crawl out from beneath the rocks. The tree shakes and ten birds take flight. The babbling brook sings, and three sirens join its song. A great wind blows in from the west and clashes with the breath of the east. A great tempest ensues and carries a spider, an eagle, a siren, and the Guardian's mighty roar up to the moon. The Moon for her part begins to weep and sheds three Tears that fall upon the forest. The Guardian charges forth and quickly acquires the first two of the Tears, but the third is hidden away by the forest."

"Tell me again, my lovely Janaspi, what is the meaning of the vision?" He asked for the hundredth time since she told him of it years ago.

"My Lord, the full moon is the Goddess Seline, and the Guardian is you. The dying land is House Vale. With confidence my Lord roars out to the gods in his efforts to heal his family, and the goddess Seline hears you, but not just her. The earth is Gaia and in her trembling those that worship the Spider will venture forth from the rocks. The tree is Lauma and she shudders, and in doing so the daughters of the Eagle will be displaced from their homes. The water is Amphitrite and she will sing, and along with her daughters. This is the meaning of the spiders, the eagles, and the sirens. All three are tests, but are not for you. Rather they are reserved for the Champion that is to come. The west wind is Zephyra, and in her excitement she will cause only calamity until she is tamed, but she, as they all do, supports the Guardian and makes certain his plea is heard. Seline does hear, and is moved to shed three Tears. Each a Daughter of the Moon; the Shaman, the Priestess, and the Messenger. With the retrieval of the first Tear a healing of the land will begin. Upon gathering of the second Tear fate is sealed and a Champion for Seline will be born, the likes of which has never been seen before. The third Tear will remain hidden from the Guardian for she is meant for the Champion. Of the two Tears that you gather my lord, the first is me, the second is Glenna Moonlilly, and the third is hidden..."

"I understand Glenna since she is a priestess of Seline being one of the Tears," Summerset said as he mulled over the riddle, "But I don't understand why you are? I have never seen you act as a shaman."

"My Lord, my mother is the shaman of our tribe and I was raised from birth to be one as well. I have simply never had any reason to use it since I became your mate. Also, you well know that the Primes do not worship the gods exclusively," She chided mildly. She loved him dearly, but sometimes even him, with as open minded as he was, he still had to have the obvious pointed out, "Kainda and Wyeth for example, their tribes worship Gaia. Fahlene and Nephele's tribes worship Zephyra. Poma and Urielle's tribes worship Lauma, and I along with all my tribe worship Seline."

"So do all of the Animal tribes worship one of these four goddesses," Summerset asked, feeling naïve that he hadn't seen the correlation before.

"Yes, I believe we do, and others," Janaspi answered with a nod.

"So, how do you know you are one of Seline's Tears?" He asked as he slowly ran his fingers through the fur on her lower back.

She answered with a shrug and then leaned into him and mumbled it into his chest, "I just know. It's hard to explain. It's like knowing that you are female, or male. Or like knowing who you are. Though I was surprised when I also knew Glenna was a Tear as soon as I met her, and yet, she doesn't seem to know what she is yet..."

"Hmm," He grunted as he stood there with his women and watched the final rays of the day's light sink below the horizon. Giving Janaspi a squeeze in one arm and Urielle in the other. He accepted their attention as they leaned in and gave him persistent kisses, however, before it turned into more he stepped back and turned away and beckoned despite dejected sighs, "It's time to get ready to head to Tungl Maerborg, and we must all dress for the occasion!"

----(!)----

The full moon was rising over the Allurian Inn when everyone watched in idle curiosity as an honor guard of twenty of Anthiehl Vale's Animal mates marched through the lobby adjoining the dining hall and parading out into the night. Each feline woman was dressed in her best jewelry, and only wore thick leather belts plated with mithril and gold for clothing and armor. The girdles were thin around the sides and back, but curved upward following the sweep of each woman's ribs and down to follow the sinuous nature of their hips and lower abdomens in order to protect them from injury. Anklets and bracelets jingled with every step and there was a united thud as all twenty thumped the butt-ends of their shock lances on the floor.

After his first twenty honor guard marched past, Anthiehl Vale followed with his only legal wife, Maroelynd Lupinglade, on his arm. Following them, Summerset walked with Janaspi on his arm which sent a current of whispers circulating through the dining hall as his other six mates; Wyeth, Kainda, Fahlene, Caracal, Nephele, and Urielle followed right behind as his own private guard. Each was wearing belts, ankles, and bracelets for armor, but carried scabbarded long knives in the small of their backs for weapons. After Summerset and his harem, Anthiehl's last twenty Animal wives followed as the rear guard.

In Villralfar tradition, House Vale marched to Tungl Maerborg. Shuttles lined the boulevard while pedestrians and bridal guests to the ceremony lined the sidewalks and grass starting at the gated entrance of the Moonlilly estate and extending for blocks in both directions. Per Nottalfar tradition, no guest was permitted entry onto the property where a marriage ceremony was to take place until the Matriarch or Patriarch of the groom's House paid the bride price. Therefore, Yul'Anahaen Moonlilly stood at the gates of her estate and waited, and all those in attendance would become eyewitnesses to the new alliance. It was in effect the true marriage ceremony while everything that would follow was reduced to pomp and circumstance.

In slow orderly fashion the honor guard of House Vale approached the gates of Tungl Maerborg in two lines of ten. Once they approached to within ten feet of Yul'Anahaen the lines split apart, marching to the left and right as they lined up facing House Moonlilly. As whispers ran through the assembled crowd, Anthiehl and Maroelynd stood before Yul'Anahaen as Summerset came to a stop behind them and the rear guard split apart and lined up on each side behind the front guard. On Yul'Anahaen's right was Cryst'veyhl and on her left was her second daughter Aloradiehl Moonlilly. To each side lining the cobble road leading to the house were one-hundred House Moonlilly guards, and standing behind them was the house staff. Behind the three Matriarchs of House Moonlilly, filling the road for a fair distance were Yul'Anahaen's eleven youngest children first, and then Crest'veyhl's remaining twelve children out of thirty-four.

"Esteemed Matron Yul'Anahaen of House Moonlilly," Anthiehl Vale called out in a loud voice so that everyone could hear clearly, "Your beauty, and that of your House, bring glory and praise for your goddess, Seline. May she bless you forever!"

"Lord Anthiehl of House Vale, Elder Guardian of the Druid Council, High Lord of the Aligned Lordships of Annwyn, and Lord of Valeheim of the Valelands," Yul'Anahaen shouted so as to be heard over the growing murmuring at the prestigious titles he held. Turning to Maroelynd she continued, "Lady Maroelynd Lupinglade, Wife of Anthiehl Vale, Elder Moondancer of the Druid Council, Lady of Valeheim of the Valelands, Daughter of Sar'Owan Lupinglade; greetings and salutations, welcome to my home... Tungl Maerborg... Welcome to Moon Maiden Castle..."

"My Lady Yul'Anahaen," Anthiehl called out as Maroelynd pulled out a ceremonial contract and handed it to him. Stepping forward, Yul'Anahaen advanced on him as he took a knee before her, as if he were the one proposing. Holding out the rolled and sealed parchment in the palms of both hands, he looked up into her fathomless black orbs and continued, "Priestess of the Moon Goddess Seline, Daughter of Grand Priestess Cryst'veyhl Moonlilly, I come here today before these witnesses with the Bride Gift! Today I make a covenant with you so that our Houses may align under the marriage of Glen'nathel Moonlilly and Summerset Vale. May their children find strength and security in the union that we forge here today..."

Yul'Anahaen looked up and scanned the crowd as if she could not see Summerset standing right there behind his father and mother, and asked, "Where is the suitor that has set his heart upon my daughter? Have him step forward and claim his prize if he is worthy!"

With her declaration Yul'Anahaen and Cryst'veyhl's children, the one-hundred House guards and all the household staff shifted their formation so that they were standing shoulder to shoulder from gate post to gate post and several rows deep. Yul'Anahaen smirked as she took the contract, this particular tradition was very advantageous for House Moonlilly for a suitor could pay and bind him and his house to hers, and yet, if he was unworthy could still be unable to marry her daughter while being held to his contractual obligations.

Anthiehl's brows furrowed, all through their negotiation Lady Moonlilly had failed to disclose this part of the tradition. Still, he stood up and with a half bow took a half step back and turned as he gestured toward his son, "My Lady Moonlilly, may I present my son, Summerset Vale, heir apparent, Lord of the Valelands, Guardian of the Druid Council, the Lion of Lauma!"

Summerset's attention focused on his father in surprise, never before had he been called the 'Lion of Lauma' until that moment, and all of a sudden Janaspi's voice reciting her vision seemed to echo in his head. Janaspi releasing his arm pulled him back to reality, and firming his jaw, he stepped forward to face his soon to be mother-in-law. He had grown used to seeing the priestesses, but it still struck him as surreal to stand before the three heads of House Moonlilly; Yul'Anahaen, her mother Cryst'veyhl, and her second daughter Aloradiehl when they were all wearing little more than silk underbust corsets that exposed their exquisite breasts. Farthingales were attached to their corsets by hoops and hooks held gowns made of silk like material that was nearly completely transparent. It was clearly visible that they wore garter belts beneath with sheer leggings and bare feet with intricate ankle chains that connected to rings on their toes and begemmed with sapphires and diamonds. It was also clearly evident that they hadn't worn underwear and their femininity was very... very... well displayed!

He was confident up to that point, and then he found himself hesitating.

Once he lifted his eyes up to meet Yul'Anahaen's, the corners of her mouth curled as she smirked condescendingly. It was what he needed to regain his focus. Kneeling beside his father he called out, "Moon Mother, I stand here ready for any trial you may set before me to determine my worthiness of your daughter!"

Yul'Anahaen's smirk broadened to a full smile as she took a deep breath that expanded her breasts and she watched as his eyes were momentarily diverted from her eyes before she took a step back with a half turn and held her hand out gesturing to force at the gate and spoke loudly so that all could hear, "My son of earth and wood, I present to you..."

"STOP!"

"WAIT!"

Cryst'veyhl hissed and Aloradiehl stepped forward with a dagger in her hand as Hurdikihl Tunglelvist and Ordwalf Gaihl stepped out of the crowd while forty of their armed and armored guards pushed their way through the crowds and assembled behind them.

Yul'Anahaen sneered as she hissed a mumbled curse under her breath before mumbling so only Anthiehl, Maroelynd, and Summerset could hear, "This is not my doing. Be on your guard..."

Summerset stood just to her side, dressed in a heavy leather coat over a linen shirt tucked into britches shoved down into sturdy brown leather knee high boots. They were cut and tailored in the Villralfar fashion of green hues with floral and leafy designs. Over his coat he wore a magnificent wooden breastplate made for him by a lonely elm'drya named Quebrancho. For weapons he wore gauntlets that covered his arms from his shoulders to fingertips. They were an ancient family heirloom called the 'Claws of the King'. Seeing Yul'Anahaen's nakedness and that she had neither armor nor weapon, he reached out without thinking and grabbed her as he moved to stand as her shield.

"My dear Mother Moon!" Hurdikihl yelled, his voice ringing out with the honeyed flavor of 'Persuasion' so that all in attendance could hear and the weak minded immediately conceded, "I am sorry for our tardiness, for our invitations must've gotten lost whilst in transit. We humbly beg your forgiveness..."

Murmurs began to buzz as the audience agreed that he should be heard out.

Glowing white halos appeared over Yul'Anahaen and Cryst'veyhl's heads, encircling their floating black flame-like hair as a chime rang out like a gong dispelling the effects of the enchantment. A crown of thorns grew on Maroelynd's head, pricking her to the same effect, and Anthiehl and Summerset easily shook off the magic with a shrug. Everyone else was gazing at Hurdikihl and Ordwalf in adoration.

"Release!" Cryst'veyhl shouted as a wave of white magic burst from her like a wave in all directions and dispelled the enchantment.

Yul'Anahaen was the picture of serenity when she tapped Summerset's hand to get his attention. Once he turned to look back over his shoulder she whispered, "Are you here to wed my daughter, or me?"

Summerset's brows furrowed in confusion until she pointedly looked down at his hand on her breast.

"With the bride price your father paid," She purred playfully, "I am willing if you are?"

By the word his eyes opened wider and wider and by the end his mouth was too dry to speak, so with a gulp he simply removed his hand. She smirked and made a dejected expression as she purred, "What a shame... So close to attaining heaven, and yet you settle for paradise..."

She gave him a wink and then she stepped around him to address the wedding crashers in a purr that was through gritted teeth, "What have you come here for? If it is for the libations then you have to but wait only a few moments more!"

"On the contrary, my esteemed Mother Moon," Ordwalf interrupted as he smiled sinisterly at her before cutting his eyes to Summerset, "We are here as the competing parties to declare our right of 'Bjodja at saett bregda upp kappi'!"

Hurdikihl sauntered forward arrogantly while waving dismissively at Anthiehl and Summerset as he sneered, "These... country bumkins... just goes to show that anyone can put a title in front of their name these days. The Lord Bumpkin and his... progeny obviously have some form of leverage over you, my dear Matron Moonlilly. I can't hazard a guess otherwise as to why you would even entertain an offer of alliance with... uneducated peasants!"

Cryst'veyhl laughed scornfully causing her breasts to bounce and wobble delightfully as she taunted, "Why would we, House Moonlilly, align with House Vale over Houses Tunglelvist or Gaihl? Well after such a display of a lack of decorum and arrogance, I guess I would have to hazard a guess and say, because they outbid your offers by five times your best offers added together! Country bumpkin lords or not, they have amassed more wealth than both of your Houses together!"

Yul'Anahaen's mouth twisted into a sneer of her own as she whispered, "There is no reneging on your offers now that you know your standing compared to ours, young Summerset. If I have to marry you along with my daughter I will do it to keep this contract in place. Nevertheless, their demand for 'Bjodja at saett bregda upp kappi' can not be ignored..."

"I am unfamiliar with the term," Summerset replied quietly.

"It is an old law," Yul'Anahaen answered with a shake of her head, "They must have had someone research it for them in preparation for this. It is an offer of reconciliation with their Houses by challenging you to a duel. As the champion of your House if they strike you down the pathway of renegotiation of Glenna's bride price is opened up again."

"Hmm," Summerset hummed as his expression changed from passive to an aggressive smirk before he purred, "I see. If that is the case then I will take you up on your offer, and in addition I want Cryst'veyhl to marry my father. Since you have misrepresented our worth to you as a partner, I want a complete union of our Houses. Your matriarchy and our patriarchy. My heir through Glenna will inherit House Vale, and my heir from you shall inherit House Moonlilly."

"You strike a hard bargain young Lord Summerset," Yul'Anahaen chuckled before looking over her shoulder and asked, "But what of my daughter Aloradiehl?"

Pinkender
Pinkender
1,174 Followers