War of the Races Ch. 01d

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Marry her off just as you have Glenna," Summerset answered with a shake of his head, "Do we have an accord?"

Yul'Anahaen rubbed her chin as if she were considering the offer, then she looked up and smirked and purred, "If you will promise that your male heirs will marry each of my and Cryst'veyhl's daughters then there will no longer be any heirs to the Seat of House Moonlilly. The next heir would thereby be yours and mine..."

"Agreed," Summerset confirmed with a nod, "My sons will marry the daughters of Moonlilly."

"Then we have an accord... husband," She purred seductively, and added with a chuckle, "I guess you do want to taste heaven tonight..."

"Are you done murmuring over there," Hurdikihl sneered in bitter irritation at being ignored, "Despite the matter of this yokel's no doubt ill gotten gain, it saddens me to see such plebeian rapacity that you would stoop so low as to entertain such a backwater alliance over our venerable offers! However, I shall save you from this... trash... by removing them from sitting at the table of their betters!"

Stepping away from Summerset, Yu'Anahaen joined Cryst'veyhl and Aloradiehl. They whispered among themselves, and then Cryst'veyhl's mouth went slack from surprise and she looked up at Summerset and then cut her eyes to Anthiehl and Maroelynd. Aloradiehl's was a completely different response, her brows furrowed and she stomped her foot as she hissed something angrily. Yul'Anahaen responded and then Aloradiehl grudgingly nodded her head. Once their meeting was concluded the entire assembled crowd watched in rapt curiosity as Yul'Anahaen turned to Hurdikihl and Ordwalf, "Your challenge of 'Bjodja at saett bregda upp kappi' is heard and accepted by House Vale. House Moonlilly and all those present here will act as eyewitnesses. Pick your champions!"

With the Bride Price paid, Yul'Anahaen addressed her guard and servants, "Moonlight Guard, retreat to the moonpool and guard Glen'nathel so that none of the champions may take her as their wife without first defeating their opponents. I will be escorting the champion to his prize myself. Everyone else to your stations, we have a ceremony and a celebration to host!"

As the guards and servants departed, Yul'Anahaen walked over and slipped her arm through Summerset's and led the way past the gates of Tungl Maerborg. Cryst'veyhl similarly approached Anthiehl and bowed to Maroelynd and asked, "It seems that if your son wins the challenge there will not be one marriage tonight but three..."

"So it seems," Maroelynd replied, her tone even, her expression neutral.

"It seems that we will be sister-wives," Cryst'veyhl offered hesitantly.

"I share my husband with forty other wives," Maroelynd offered with a small smirk, "Another sister to share my husband with makes no difference at this point, but if you wish to be accepted you will have to love us as much as you love Anthiehl."

The corners of Cryst'veyhl's mouth curled upward as she nodded her acceptance, "I believe we will get along famously!"

"I'm sure we will," Maroelynd agreed with a smile as she gestured for Cryst'veyhl to take Anthiehl's other arm.

Everyone in attendance at the gates began filing in and onto the property. Servants quickly took their stations and began directing the crowd to a small amphitheater on the east side of the property that also served as the training grounds and barracks for the Guard.

Summerset walked across the grounds at a nonchalant pace that helped cast an illusion of calm and dignified confidence with Janaspi on his right arm and Yul'Anahaen on his left. He walked within a six-sided box of women surrounding him with Wyeth and Kainda ahead of him, Fahlene and Caracal guarded the flanks, and Nephele and Urielle brought up the rear.

"It is said that my ancestral matriarch built this house only a thousand years after the 'Exodus'," Yul'Anadaen said as she directed their attention to certain trees and gardens and gave a brief history on which of her foremothers had planted and cultivated them. Once they reached the Amphitheater she continued, "My foremother Matron Ur'Duroann commission for this to be built three-thousand years ago. But, if I am to be honest with myself and you, the sad reality is that Olympia is not the shining beacon of prosperity it once was. The class divisions are too substantial. Taxes are out of control. The Noble's intermarrying only within their class distinctions has led to near toxic levels of genetic sterility. Sadly, our once great country is collapsing in on itself. We are in desperate need of an infusion of new blood, new ways of thinking, and new governance."

"You'll get no argument from me on that," Summerset mumbled so only she and his ladies could hear.

Yul'Anahaen nodded her head as she scanned the crowds around them as they walked, "The reason House Tunglelvist and House Gaihl are so adamant to align with my House is because for generations we have not catered to the spiritual or physical needs of the Nobles. My foremothers, aunts, sisters, nieces, and daughters are blessed with being born of Noble and Priestly classes while our breeding is that of the inferiors."

"So you're one of the few Houses that hasn't bred yourselves sterile," Summerset surmised.

"Precisely," Yul'Anahaen answered with a nod and a smile for one of the nobles that made eye contact with her, "Everything you see around you in this city is a façade. The nobles, their marriages, their children, everything! The men go to the church to try to conceive an heir with the priestesses while their wives go on country rides to find lovers that might be capable of impregnating them. This is rife with adultery and fornication, and sadly, it has been us, the Priestesses of Selene and the Priestesses of Marduk that have led the people down this path. All in the name of greed and our lust for gold."

"I thought that the Priesthood was capable of healing sterility and blessed with fertility, especially the priestesses of the moon," Summerset replied as he looked into her black orbs.

She nodded her head and then shook it as well as she explained, "We are blessed with fertility, and yes we can and do give those blessings. We have been healing the sick and sterile, but there is a limit. There is only so much even magic and do..."

"So you've hit the crisis point," He mumbled.

"Yes," She agreed.

"So then, what do you suggest I do," He asked.

"Win," She answered firmly.

He nodded. That he could do.

He looked straight ahead and ignored the majesty of the elegant castle spires or the immaculately parked grounds, and he focused on the amphitheater as they walked into the center arena. On the other side stood Hurdikihl Tunglelvist and Ordwalf Gaihl. Hurdikihl brandished curved Alfari sabers in each hand. Ordwalf on the other hand stood there with a Aflari styled basket hilted broadsword still in its scabbard, belted to his hip.

Summerset weighed them and just from their manner guessed that Ordwalf was the more dangerous of the two though Hurdikihl was obviously the more aggressive.

"I must leave you now," Yul'Anahaen whispered as she took his hand and placed something in his palm, "But before I leave, I give you a testimony to my fidelity should you win... You must win!"

She turned away and left to ascend stairs to the training platform. Looking down at his hand he found a large gold and silver ring carve with leaves and moons with a large white moonstone set in it, and a large gold and silver necklace with a large moonstone medallion. Slipping the ring on the middle finger of his left hand, he also pulled the necklace over his head and tucked the medallion down beneath his coat and shirt.

Looking up at all the gathered people in the stands, he saw there was beauty to be found in every corner. The men were handsome to down right beautiful, and the women were even more so. The men wore a wide assortment of clothing from pants and coats to distinguished robes, to as little as decorous capes and loincloths. The women were no less extravagant wearing gauze, lace, or cobwebby gowns that ranged from bright opaque jewel tones to absolutely transparent. However, it was the priestesses that caused the real stir among the gathered.

High Priestess Annani'us made a grandiose entrance with an honor guard of three hundred priestesses, all of which were dressed in nothing but jewelry on their ankles, wrists, fingers, and around their delicate necks. Next followed twenty mithril Dolls that also looked like naked mechanical women armed with shock lances and shields before at last, an extravagant silver and gold plated shuttle pulled up before the entrance of Tungl Maerborg and Annani'us stepped out.

Upon her head she wore a great moon papal tiara made of moonsilk and silver. Like all of the nottalfar, her moonlight white skin glowed as brightly as the moon this night, and it made it easy to admire her nakedness. Indeed it made it easy to admire all of the nottalfar women present. Unlike her priestesses however, she wore an extravagantly engraved, enchanted underbust wire that followed the curves of her large well rounded breasts before curving around her back below her shoulder blades. From the bottom of the underwire were small hoops, and from the hoops hung a single, impossibly sheer, white panel of silk lace that wrapped around her back and fell to the ground to trailed behind her for five feet. Like her priestesses she also wore anklets, bracelets, rings, and necklaces that tinkled and jingled to call attention to her sensuality and thereby the majesty of her goddess. Her last piece of clothing was a silver wire that curved on her hips, around, and across the top of her buttocks. Like the enchanted underwire bra it hugged the curves of her hips and ended on each hip flare where two dainty hoops held the silver hooks of a loincloth of the same material as the cape that fell down the back.

Stationing nineteen of her Dolls just outside the amphitheater, she kept one as her personal guard and climbed up to join Yul'Anahaen, Cryst'veyhl, Anthiehl, and Maroelynd.

"Your Holiness," Yul'Anahaen greeted as she stood up and curtsied before kissing the ring of the High Priestess. Standing up straight she continued, "These are my guests Anthiehl Vale and his wife Maroelynd Lupinglade. You have come at an inauspicious time Hurdikihl Tunglelvist and Ordwalf Gaihl..."

"I know daughter," Annani'us interrupted with a raised hand to stave off any more explanation, "Even though I do not agree with your... alignment with these... people, this is your House and Glen'nathel is your daughter. That said, I will address the champions..."

"Yes, your Eminence," Yul"Anahaen acquiesced with a curtsy as she shot Anthiehl and Maroelynd an apologetic look.

Walking over to the balcony, cheers, whistling, and clapping filled the amphitheater as Annani'us raised her hands and waved a greeting to her parishioners. As the laudation and veneration continued, she soaked it up and seemed to preen under such reverence until she finally started patting the air signaling for everyone to quiet down. As soon as silence settled over the amphitheater she looked down upon Summerset, Ordwalf, and Hurdikihl and declared, "Today Houses Gaihl and Tunglelvist have search out a law that was enacted some five-thousand years ago by Queen Offel'liehl Ljoswing by the request of House Fragrlogi who, like House Gaihl and Tunglelvist, didn't like being outbid for the Bride Price or turned down as suitors. In that instance the young lord of House Fragrlogi defeated his opponent, a young lord of a minor House that had scraped together everything he owned just so that he could marry the woman that he loved, and in return, she loved him. However, the Lord of Fragrlogi miscalculated for when the young maiden learned of her betrothed's demise she went into her room and ran a dagger through her own heart. 'Bjodja at saett bregda upp kappi' was used four other times in all of our long history, and each time afterward the challenging lord was slain either by the betrothed or by his wife on their wedding night. This is the tragic history of 'Bjodja at saett bregda upp kappi'. Knowing this, would House Gaihl or Tunglelvist wish to renounce their demand for reconciliation with House Moonlilly by challenging House Vale to this... duel?"

"No your Eminence," Hurdikihl called out as he flourished his swords for emphasis, "We will slay this up-start tree-hugger and then we shall renegotiate with House Moonlilly under more civilized conditions."

"I am in agreement with Hurdikihl, with this mud-wallow out of the way surely House Moonlilly can reach an amicable settlement with House Tunglelvist and House Gaihl," Ordwalf added.

"Then am I to assume that this is an ambush rather than a duel," Annani'us asked scornfully, "The two of you against Summerset Vale? Is he really such a threat to you that it takes both of you to challenge him? With all of your snubs and insults you unknowingly heap glory and praise on him with your cowardice..."

"We are no cowards," Hurdikihl shrieked, his glowing white face blushing red and his eyes opened in rage, "Of course he may have a companion to help him die..."

"Holy Mother," Ordwalf called out as he placed a hand on Hurdikihl before he said something unforgivable. Looking over at Janaspi, Wyeth, Kainda, Fahlene, Caracal, Nephele, and Urielle he continued, "Maybe Lord Vale can have one of his vaunted cat girls aid him since he trusts them to guard his life?"

"Well, Lord Vale," Annani'us asked as she turned to look at him, "Do you wish for aid from one of your guards?"

"These... imbeciles disparage and underestimate what they don't know or understand," Summerset shouted out for everyone in attendance to hear, "Just because we don't attend your colleges you think us uneducated and weak. My... cat girls... protect me because they love me. I doubt the same could be said for any of you! However, you are all grossly mistaken if you think I need my... cat girls... to protect me. But, I do not want nor do I need flattery or accolades from these two good-for-nothings, so I will accept Janaspi Lynx as my partner!"

"So for all your insults and chest-thumping," You do in fact admit that you need help in facing us," Hurdikihl chortled though Ordwalf's brow furrowed suspiciously.

"No, you vomitus mass of ignorance," Summerset retorted as Janaspi sauntered over to him, rolling her hips in exaggerated seduction as her short turned up tail bobbed behind her thickly muscled buttocks. Turning to her he whispered quiet instructions to which she gave a curt nod before he looked back at Annani'us, "Janaspi will be my second in name only. She will not be involved in the combat, since her life would be forfeit when I kill Ordwalf and Hurdikihl. I am ready when your Holiness is..."

Annani'us looked down her nose at Summerset, then cut her eyes to Janaspi, and pursed her mouth before she declared, "Then with that settled, know this, I am the acting authority. I witness this duel, and as such, whomever is the victor the other House Guards will refrain from retaliation or I will have my own Guards dispatch you myself, and then afterward the offending Houses will be fined and sanctioned. Is that understood?"

Ordwalf and Hurdikihl's captains saluted and Annani'us nodded, "Then I declare the duel begun!"

----(!)----

Summerset gave Janaspi her signal and she turned and walked to the wall and leaned against it. Hurdikihl started stalking towards him as Ordwalf moved out to Summerset's right and began chanting. Seemingly keeping distance between himself and Summerset though he was moving toward Janaspi purposely.

With a sigh of disappointment he whistled and Janaspi smiled at Ordwalf as she wagged her fingers, and then disappeared. Simultaneously, Summerset unleashed the full power of his Druidic aura and assumed a fighting crouch as he unleashed a magic enhanced 'Roar of Intimidation'.

There were collective gasps, groans, and shrieks as everyone standing in the amphitheater was slammed to their knees by the enormous weight of Summerset's aura. When his roar sent shock waves across the stadium those that were already cast to the ground, fainted. Maroelynd, used to such power, stood up and gently put her arms beneath Yul'Anahaen while Anthiehl helped Cryst'veyhl back into her seat. Afterward he stood up just as Janaspi released her 'Prowl' skill and reappeared in the booth. Together they helped High Priestess Annani'us back to her feet.

Hurdikihl nearly dropped his swords as he staggered to his knees. He was breathing hard when he glared at Summerset before rising to his feet. Ordwalf withstood the pressure of Summerset's aura slightly better, but he lost his concentration on the spell he had been casting and it fizzled while still consuming a generous portion of his life-force.

As Summerset stalked toward his opponents green magic began to collect and rise up off of his arms, shoulders, and back like a thick vapor. It surrounded his body creating astral armor in the form of a lion headed man. Each of his hands now looked like massive green paws with long razor sharp claws, and a mystical green tail wagged behind him.

Hurdikihl roared in defiant rage and charged. Ordwalf's eyes grew as large as saucers and threw his hands out in front of him and began chanting a new spell. As Summerset and Hurdikihl closed on each other, Ordwalf released his spell as chains shot from his hands and into the ground.

Summerset had been expecting a 'Fireball' or 'Lightning Bolt' and quickly sidestepped so that Hurdikihl was between him and Ordwalf. Instead, Hurdikihl dashed in with sword swing in a double arc from right to left, one sword high and the other low. Summerset ran straight in and at the last minute slid beneath the slashing blades. Whipping out a hand he grabbed Hurdikihl's ankle and pulled his foot out from beneath him.

Summerset flipped to climb back to his feet and attack as Hurdikihl went tumbling across the arena. Just at that moment chains from Ordwalf shot out of the ground and wrapped around his legs, forearms, and waist. They tightened down like octopus tentacles and pulled him back down to the ground.

Hurdikihl cursed and spat as he stood up and brushed himself off, and then he turned and laughed at Summerset who was restrained, "You really thought you could beat us? What was it that Ordwalf called you? Oh yes, a mud-wallow! Yes well, you certainly fill that roll well now don't you?"

Once Hurdikihl was finished brushing himself off he picked up his swords and stalked over. Ordwalf, seeing that the duel was almost at its end, chuckled while holding fast the chains sprouting from his hands firmly in his grasp.

Summerset breathed steadily and gathered his strength, the hardest part for him was being patient so as to make an example. Hurdikihl swaggered and flourished his swords as those left of the crowds that were still conscious cheered. When he was within ten feet Hurdikihl flourished his swords and raised his hands high above his head.

Summerset surged to his feet as the chains restraining him pulled against him. Ordwalf gasped as he was yanked off his feet and slammed to the ground by his own chains. Four eighteen inch blades popped from the 'Claws of the King', and as Hurdikihl's eyes opened wide in surprise and fear, he brought his arms down as Summerset brought his claws up and cut Hurdikihl's arms off at the shoulders!

He didn't even have time to scream before Summerset swept his stance around, high and low chopping his head from his shoulders and disemboweling him at the same time...

Hurdikihl's arms hit the ground first while still holding the swords, and then his head. Blood sprayed across Summerset and the arena, and then Hurdikihl's body fell to the floor in two pieces and dumped out his innards.