War of the Races Ch. 01e

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Summerset nodded, along as he listened. So far the dream was a recounting of his meeting Glenna, and then negotiating with Yul'Anahaen for her marriage, but then marrying not only Glenna but Yul'Anahaen as well. Swallowing, Janaspi continued, "That was the first vision, the second was this: The Guardian roared at the Moon, Seline weeps, and three Tears fall to the dying lands of the Guardian. The first Tear turns into a Lioness. The second Tear becomes a Woman of surpassing beauty. The Guardian takes for himself the Lioness and the Woman. However, in his arrogance the Guardian takes a Maiden of Seline that was not given to him. The face of the Moon grows dark and no longer shines its light on the Guardian. The Champion is born from the Guardian and the Woman that was the Tear of Seline and the Moon turns it's light toward that one, and the two Tears that were given to the Guardian and the Maiden are taken away from him and given to the Champion..."

Janaspi fell silent as she concluded reciting her visions. To her at least they were pretty self explanatory, and by Summerset's expression he understood as well.

"So," Summerset sighed and shook his head, "By taking Ana as my wife Seline feels that I was greedy so now I have fallen out of favor with her."

"Partly yes," Janaspi mumbled as she searched his eyes for... something...

Was it hope? Or purpose? Was she looking to see if he was lost? Or was it her? Was she lost?

Her Lord, her husband was...

"My... Love," Janaspi mumbled tearfully, "From the visions... I received... I got the sense that your time will be... cut short. For some reason the things that happened when you married Glenna and Ana sent in motion events that will result in your death... I am not sure if these visions from Seline are a judgment, or a forewarning so that you may prepare yourself."

"I see," He sighed, "Well, at least I have some time since Glenna hasn't conceived the Champion yet."

"Yes my Lord," Janaspi cried as she flung herself into his arms and wept bitterly.

----(!)----

9 years later -

"Daddy daddy daddy!" Silvain yelled as her long moonlight white ears bounced up and down as she ran to give him a hug and to be picked up.

"What is it Moonlight?" Summerset laughed as he lifted her up and hugged her tight to his chest.

"Mommy says she has a surprise for you!" She giggled as she gave him kisses on his cheeks.

"Oh she does, does she," He purred as he found a ticklish spot on her ribs and began torturing her delightfully as Silvain squealed and shrieked, "Then maybe you can tell me what this surprise is?"

"Nooooooo," She giggled as she flinched one way and then the other as he found one ticklish spot after another.

She howled in delight as Glenna walked up and Summerset caught her watching him and Silvain as she smiled lovingly at them. As she approached he stopped his tickle torture giving his little Moonlight a reprieve so that she could catch her breath and sighed contentedly. He offered his arm to his adoring wife and she immediately took it and placed his hand on her lower belly and announced, "I'm pregnant!

----(!)----

(Dear Readers;

Thank you so much for reading these 4 (bonus) chapters. This is the conclusion of this prelude telling the story of Summerset Vale and Glen'nathel Moonlilly's marriage, and how she came to be pregnant with Silvain.

My hope with this short story was to foster more of an attachment mostly to Glenna. So that the reader would see her as more than a noble, a priestess, and for a time a temple prostitute. That there is more to who she is, than just her occupation. To see that she is the sum of her race, culture, and environment. That what she is, and what she has chosen to do with her life are decisions influenced by family, tradition, cultural norms, and many other factors.

The reason I decided to do this was not because of criticism from this audience, rather from others, and I could see that first two chapters seemed to be very galvanizing. Readers either embraced Glenna and Silvain, who has been sent off to the Temple for training as a priestess of Seline; or, they absolutely rejected the whole premise don't continue reading. So, I set out to tell a story that would introduce Glen'nathel for who and what she is. A priestess of the moon, Seline. A pagan religion that like all the others having many hedonistic practices including temple prostitution of both females and males. That she is a healer, and there are many reasons why they have sex with men. The primary reason being that the practice of magic calls for a powerful catalyst, primarily life-energy that come in two form; life-essence (a persons actual life span), and life-force (a persons procreative potential i.e. sperm and ovum). So, in order to neither use their life-essence that will shorten their life and age them prematurely, and to not use their ovum rendering them sterile, all female magic practitioners are usually very sexually active in order to harvest male life-force to use as a catalyst for spells. Then I wanted to show Glenna's migration from being an openly zealous practitioner of the churches dogma to becoming more conservative once she is married to Summerset.

I am not sure I accomplished everything I set out to do, and really, I don't think I could have in only four chapters. I do think it does engender more affection for Glenna as well as a host of new characters and family, and I hope the visions spark your imagination for what is to come. Anyway, so I hope you enjoyed these new chapters as much as I do, and in a few weeks I will start turning out more chapters continuing Viridian and Huxian's side adventure into the beehive, and whatever will they find?!

Until then, -Pinkender)

12