All Comments on 'Warmaster and Kajira Ch. 03'

by savagetales01

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Shouldn't this story

be in the bdsm section?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
RE: "Shouldn't this story" -- No. Maybe? No.

This story is based on a 31 book series by John Norman and "... was influenced by Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter of Mars novels"; makes it sci-fi.

But, a very strong theme in the series "...contends that woman is the submissive natural helper, and figurative slave, of dominant man"; which makes it BDSM.

BUT, the "...novels include lengthy philosophical and sociological dissertations..." and "...wide variety of societies, cultures, moral concepts, and technologies are described in depth..."; which makes it a thinking man's adventure. AND "...emphasis on living in accordance with a Nietzsche-esque natural order..."; again, into another place and time.

The big reason it's in F/SF and not BDSM? Norman's novels have been found in drugstores, mom-and-pop convenience stores, bookstores, anyplace you could find paperbacks since the mid-sixties [I know: bought my first one at a mom-n-pop in 1970]. Back then, BDSM could only be (legally) depicted with fully clothed models, and only sold in 'Adult Arcades' in seedy parts of major cities; pulp BDSM-themed novels were only found in the 'Arcades'.

Quotes are from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Norman; the article says it better than I can.

5 stars on the story, BTW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
desire

I wish I was the kajira chosen by Warmaster!!

.')

Christina

NekoNekoNekoNekoover 11 years ago
disturbed

As much as the Anonymous responder gave examples of where this story has been themed from, I still feel that there should be a warning of BDSM. This level of BDSM really freaks me out and I really shouldn't have to walk blindly into it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous