Was It The "Wrong" Number? Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nosebone
nosebone
1,501 Followers

"A few more days like today, I'm going to find a different job," she said, sadly.

"What happened Mom?"

She walked to the kitchen and poured a glass of wine.

"It was just awful, baby," she said. "There was this van load of young guys. They were going to do some charity work at a park downtown. They were on their way this morning, when they were hit by a delivery truck. The police said they think the brakes had failed."

"Oh, god," I said.

"Yeah, three of them were killed instantly. Four they brought to us. The rest went to Avondale. Two more are gone since, the other two are in bad shape."

"I'm so sorry, Mom," I said. I put my arm around her shoulder.

"Part of the job unfortunately. This one boy, he reminded me of you, in a way. Dr. Bennett tried for four hours to stop the bleeding in his head. But he couldn't. There was just too much damage. I went with Dr. Bennett to tell his mom. She's a single mom, too. Lost her husband 18 months ago. I thought about what if that happened to me," she burst into tears again.

"Mom, I know that had to be hard," I said. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tightly. She cried pitifully, with her head against my chest. I rubbed my hand up and down her back, trying to soothe her. She seemed to finally be calming down. She looked up at me again.

"Why don't you take a long shower. I'll start something for dinner," I offered.

"Yeah, I should eat. I've only had coffee today," she said.

"I'll make something to eat, then," I repeated.

"Thank you, you've always been the best son I could have asked for. Your father would be so proud of you," she said. "I want you to know how proud I am of you, too."

"Thanks, Mom. You and Dad worked hard for me to turn out the way I did."

"Yeah, we did. I wish he could see you now. I still miss him so much," she said.

"I know you do Mom," I said. "Go take your shower then," I suggested.

She didn't move though. She just kept looking up at me. I could still see the pain from the day in her eyes, but there was something else there. As I looked at her longer, I thought it might be reluctance, or even fear. What was she thinking, what should I do? I wanted to kiss her, as she looked at me like that, but I didn't feel like the moment was right. She'd been through too much that day. I felt like I needed the moment to be right, and I hesitated. I saw her expression change and she looked away from me. She let go of me and turned to walk to her bedroom. Her head was tilted slightly down as she walked away. Damn it, I thought to myself. What if I missed my chance? I knew she would be in the shower for a little while, and I needed some advice. I walked to my room and dialed the number. Fortunately, Angie answered.

"Hi baby," she said.

"Hi Angie, how's your evening," I asked.

"Probably about the same as yours, right now," she said sadly.

"Yeah, Mom is a wreck," I agreed.

"So is Richard. He poured himself a glass of scotch when he got home and walked out to the patio. We've been together long enough. I know why," she said.

"I'm sure," I answered.

"So, did you just need a shoulder to cry on," she asked.

"No, I kind of need some advice," I said. I told her about what had happened and how I felt.

"I think your intuition is serving you well. She wants it to happen, baby. I'm almost certain. You're right to hesitate, though. This is something that she's scared to admit, even to herself. Even after it happens, she might still have serious regret. Tonight, is not the night for it to happen. I know that she wants that, and needs that, but her emotions from today don't need to be the reason she thinks it happened. Just be patient, be her strong, loving son, it will work out in time, promise," she said.

"Thank you, Angie. That's what I needed to hear," I said.

"You're welcome, baby. Have a good night. I'm going to see if Richard is ready to talk yet," she said.

"Good luck," I offered.

"Thanks baby. Good night," she said.

"Night Angie," I replied.

I went to the kitchen to prepare dinner. Mom had grilled some chicken breast for her lunches along with the steak the previous night. I decided to make salads and add the chicken with some diced ham for a little protein. I was just finishing when she walked into the kitchen. She was wearing a tank top and cotton shorts. She hadn't bothered with a bra.

"Those look good," she said. There was even a hint of a smile on her face.

"I thought something simple would be good," I said.

"I agree," Mom replied.

We sat at the table and started to eat. We talked about going to the amusement park the next day. I told her I was looking forward to it.

"Good, I'm going to unplug the phone before I go to bed. I don't want our plans ruined again," she smiled. She touched my hand that was resting on the table.

"Me either," I agreed.

"So, are you still talking to that girl," Mom asked.

"Yeah, a little bit," I said, cautiously.

"Tell me a little about her," Mom insisted.

"Okay," I said. "Her name is Tammy, she's a soccer player for Ridgedale."

"Oh, I see. An older woman," Mom smiled.

"Not too much older, she's 19," I explained.

"How did you meet," Mom persisted.

"Friend of a friend kind of thing," I lied.

"That's sweet. Are you going to ask her out, sometime," Mom asked.

"Yeah, I think so," I said. I was getting uncomfortable. I didn't like lying to Mom, but I knew I certainly couldn't tell her the truth about any of that, at least not yet I thought.

"Dr. Bennett's daughter, Kami, plays soccer at Ridgedale. She made all-conference as a freshman," Mom said, off-handedly.

"Oh okay," I said.

"Which reminds me, do you think you could take off early one night, next week? Dr. Bennett asked us to dinner with him and his wife for my 10-year anniversary at the hospital," she said.

"Yeah, I think I could do that. That's pretty nice of him," I said, smiling. Mom had no way of knowing there were many reasons for that smile.

"Yes, he's a great doctor and an even better man," Mom agreed. "Baby, I hate to eat and run, but I'm afraid I'm going to fall asleep in this chair."

I looked at her closely and she did look exhausted. I couldn't imagine what her day had been like.

"Okay mom, why don't you go to bed. I'll do the dishes and watch some TV," I replied.

"Okay baby," she said. We stood up and she hugged me. "I love you, Bradley."

"Love you too, Mom," I replied. My hand patted and rubbed her back as we hugged. When we parted, she looked up at me. I saw that same look on her face as I'd seen earlier. There was indecision there. I simply smiled at her. She smiled back and turned to walk to her room. My eyes trailed after her. I picked up our plates and rinsed them before putting them the dishwasher. It was finally mostly full, so I added detergent and started it. I walked to the living room and channel surfed until I found a baseball game. About 10 minutes after I sat down, Mom called to me.

"Bradley, could you come in here for a minute," she asked.

I got up from the couch and walked to her room. She was standing at the foot of the bed in her silk robe.

"Yeah, mom," I asked.

"Honey, I hate to ask, but my neck and shoulders are killing me. Would you mind seeing if you can massage some of this tension out," she asked.

"Sure Mom, I wouldn't mind," I replied.

She turned around and I walked up behind her. I put my hands on her shoulders and began to softly knead her trapezius muscles. She rolled her head around and I heard her neck pop.

"Thanks baby, that feels better already," she said.

I loved that I was making her feel better, but I also loved touching her like that. My hand worked their way to her neck. Her long hair was pulled back in a ponytail so I had free access to her. I loved when my hands left her silk covered shoulders and touched the bare skin of her neck. I delighted when she shivered. I used my thumbs in a circular motion to massage either side of her spine. I worked my way up to the base of her head and back down again. I had no idea what I was doing. I was just guessing and went with it. I was thinking I could use some lotion. Finally, I asked her.

She pointed to some on her make up table. I grabbed it and squirted some on my hands. It was cold, so I worked it around on my palms briefly to warm it up. She surprised me by pulling her robe down from her shoulders. She crossed her arms in front of her to keep it from falling further. I started with her shoulders again, slowly working the strawberry-scented lotion into her smooth skin. I thought about if I did this for Kami or Angie. I would be kissing their soft necks, maybe whispering things in their ears. I longed to do the same thing to Mom. Someday soon, I told myself.

I could feel the tension in her shoulders began to release. I worked my way back towards her thin, sexy neck. I repeated my circular motion and she rewarded my efforts with a soft "oh." Unconsciously, I had moved closer to her. The thrill of what I was doing had the expected consequences and I felt myself getting an erection. I was just wearing soccer-style shorts and they would do nothing to contain my manhood.

I felt her move back towards me slightly as I worked the points where her trapezius joined her neck. It was inevitable that my cock brushed against her lower back. Mom didn't seem to react. Maybe she hadn't noticed it, I thought. How could she not? It had to feel like a baseball bat poking against her.

"Mmmm, that's really good honey. I think I might be able to sleep now," she said.

"Good Mom," I agreed. I assumed we were finished and I watched as she pulled her robe back into place. When she turned, I noticed her face was flushed. I could only imagine how I looked. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. My hard cock pressed against her abdomen. I expected her to end the hug but she didn't. She looked up and kissed me on the cheek.

"Thank you, I needed that, a lot," she said.

"You're welcome Mom," I replied. She let go of me.

"You should get some rest, we should leave early," she said. She turned to walk to the bathroom. As she turned the corner of the bed she glanced back briefly. Her eyes were focused on my shorts. I watched as her walk slowed. She realized I'd caught her, and she hurriedly walked through the bathroom door.

"Night baby, I love you," she called from the bathroom.

"Night Mom, I love you too," I said.

I hurried from her room stopping to turn off the TV. I walked to my bedroom and pulled my shorts down. My cock was painfully hard from the experience. I wanted to jerk off so badly, but I resisted the temptation. It would wait. I wanted to save it for Mom. I felt like we were getting closer. I knew she was curious. I just needed to find a way to convince her that it was okay and make it happen. I was still thinking of possibilities when I fell asleep.

Tuesday, June 9, 1992:

I woke up the next morning and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. It didn't sound like Mom was awake yet. As I washed, I got aroused again. I lightly stroked myself with my soapy hand. I wished Kami hadn't left town. I missed her badly already. Then there was last night with Mom. Damn, my cock seemed to swell further in my hand when I thought about touching Mom. Rubbing her soft shoulders and neck. How I'd wished to lean down and kiss her soft neck. To whisper how much I loved her and how much I wanted her in her ear. I'd loved feeling my cock against her body like I had. She hadn't been bothered at all. It just felt really right. I wondered if that would be the day.

I finally made myself stop rubbing my cock. I got out of the shower and dried off. I combed my hair, before I hung my towel up to dry. I looked in the mirror again. My cock had subsided but still hung thickly. I smiled thinking about Mom staring the previous night. God I wanted to show it to her. Feel her small hands stroking it. I opened the bathroom door and Mom standing there in her little robe. I watched as her eyes quickly looked me up and down.

"Mom, you surprised me," I said calmly. This was a scenario I could only have hoped for.

"Uh, yeah, I was wanting to know what you wanted for breakfast," she said. Her eyes darted back up to mine before drifting back down again.

"Whatever you want," I replied.

"How about eggs and sausage," she said. I saw the embarrassed look on her face as she said that. She realized how lurid that must have sounded at that point in time.

"Sure mom," I replied. My own sausage was beginning to fill again. She couldn't stop glancing down at it. I wanted so badly to take her in arms and make her mine. She wanted it too, I was sure.

She blinked her eyes several times, before turning and walking off hurriedly. Damn, not yet I thought. Soon, I reminded myself.

I went to my bedroom and slipped on some shorts. I walked to the kitchen to see her beating some eggs in a bowl. There were already sausage patties frying in a skillet. I was emboldened by her staring at me to the point of recklessness. I walked over to and wrapped my arms around her from behind. She flinched when I pulled her to me. Being several inches taller than her, I rested my chin on the top of her head.

"Smells great, Mom," I said.

"Uh, yeah, it does," she replied. I felt her tremble as I held her.

"You okay," I asked.

"Yeah, why," she replied.

"You're shaking," I said.

"It's cold in here," she replied.

"Yeah, a little bit."

She'd stopped beating the eggs and just stood there as I held her. Her trembling had stopped and she didn't try to move away. It was like she was waiting for me to make the next move. Feeling her tremble like she had, cooled the recklessness I'd been feeling. I needed something other than her looking at my cock to base my move on. I hadn't fully gone limp and I could feel my cock growing against her lower back again. So, could she.

"Baby, I really should turn the sausage, I don't want them to burn," she said. She looked back over her shoulder at me.

"Okay, Mom," I said. I gave her a long, soft kiss on the cheek. She started to smile but she stopped herself. I let her go and there was moment that I felt her hesitate to move away from me. She did finally and I just watched her from behind. Her little robe barely covered that amazing ass. I wanted nothing more than to bend her over the table and eat her wet sex for breakfast. Fuck, I wanted my Mom so bad.

She finished cooking and we sat at the table. We ate breakfast in near silence, but there were several furtive glances at one another across the table. When we finished, she went to shower and get dressed. I went to my room and dressed, before returning to the living room to wait for her. A little after 9, she walked out of her bedroom.

"Are you ready," she asked. She was wearing another tank top and denim shorts. I'd seen women wear tighter shorts, but that was the first time I remembered seeing Mom in shorts that tight. I stared at her.

"What," she asked.

"Nothing, you just look great," I smiled.

"I'm not sure I'm sold on this new Bradley," she laughed.

"Why," I asked.

"You're so flirty," she smiled.

"Sorry, I just like pretty ladies," I laughed.

"I'm your mother though," she said.

"You keep reminding of that, I know who you are," I said. I stood up and walked over to her. She suddenly looked alarmed. I wrapped my arms around her gave her a quick hug. "I have a wonderful, beautiful mother."

"Would you stop," she asked.

"I'm serious."

"Okay, fine. Let's go have fun, before I get a phone call," she said with a smile.

We hopped in her Honda and drove to the amusement park. It was a cloudy day with periodic rain showers. Not enough to spoil the experience, but certainly enough to keep the crowds thin. We rode all the big rollercoasters twice, even by lunch time. We went to the concession stand and grabbed a burger. We talked and laughed a lot the whole day. That made me feel great, especially after what she'd dealt with the day before. After we ate lunch, she suggested we go on the log ride. I agreed.

We hopped on the ride and were the only people on it. I put my arm around her casually, as she told me the story of Dad taking her there on their first date.

"Wow, that's really cool, Mom," I said.

"Yeah, he was such a gentleman with me," she said. "I practically had to beg for a kiss."

"He was, huh," I asked.

"Oh, yes. Just like you are, but you're a little more of a flirt, though," she laughed. The log entered a long tunnel. There was just enough light that we could still see one another. I looked at her and she smiled at me. I felt myself moving slowly towards her, putting my hand on her right cheek. Her face became more serious. Our lips met and I felt her mouth open. Our tongues mingled in a long, lingering first kiss. It was gentle, but grew in intensity. Her hand moved up to my face. I didn't want that moment to end. It just felt amazing. She kissed me harder the longer it went. I saw the light at the end of the tunnel approaching, quickly. I pulled away from her and smiled, until I saw her face. She just stared at me, emotionless. The ride finished shortly after and she suggested we go home. What had happened, I wondered? It had been wonderful, such a special moment. Had I fucked up? Did I rush her?

We walked quietly to the car. Each step increased my doubts. I'd fucked up I kept telling myself. I opened the door for her and she got in. I got in the driver's side and started the car up. I felt her eyes on me the entire drive. I wanted to look at her, to face her, but I couldn't do it. What was Mom thinking? That was the longest 15 miles I ever drove. When we made it to the house, she got out and walked to the door. She immediately went to her room. Probably to wash her mouth out with soap or something, I thought. I'd really fucked things up. I wanted to go to bed and wake up to find this was all a nightmare. It wasn't even 2 yet though, and it was all too real. I could almost still feel her lips on mine.

I walked to my bedroom and laid down, staring at the ceiling. I couldn't get past that look on her face when we broke the kiss. There was just nothing there. No anger, no happiness. Nothing. She hadn't made any move to stop it. She'd been enthusiastic. I couldn't reconcile that lack of emotion on her face and the kiss we shared.

I laid there for a little while longer, and realized I had to get my mind off it. I walked over to my bookshelf. I selected another Clancy book and laid back down to read. I read for a few hours, but when I put the book down, I could not have told you what I'd read, even if you'd paid me. I got up and went to the kitchen. I knew I should be hungry, but my stomach churned with what had happened. I finally poured myself a glass of milk and sat at the table.

I'd finished my milk and was just staring into space, when I saw her walk out of her bedroom. She looked like she'd been sleeping. She walked over to the table and sat down. She looked at me and I felt like her eyes were boring holes through me. Her face didn't look like she was angry though. Sad maybe, disappointed. I couldn't tell.

"Mom, I-," I said.

"Bradley, not now," she said, cutting me off. "Do you want dinner?"

"I'm not really hungry," I said.

"That makes two of us, then," she said. She stared at me and hardly blinked. I looked closer at her. She'd been crying. I felt like such a jackass.

She looked down at the table, before she looked up to speak.

"Baby, what happened today, shouldn't have," she said. "I knew what was coming. I should have stopped you. I didn't though. I'm the one that should be sorry."

"No, Mom. I did it. It's my fault," I said.

"Bradley, I'm your mother. I shouldn't have acted the way I have been towards you. There have been a lot of things that have gone on around here the last several days, that I shouldn't have let happen," she said. "They only encouraged you. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I enjoyed them."

nosebone
nosebone
1,501 Followers