All Comments on 'Wasted Years'

by KingBandor

Sort by:
  • 80 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 6 years ago
You Know

Could have been great. Just needed to be a more detailed story. Oh well.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
So much detail in the beginning, but . . .

. . . the ending was rushed. Why was she cheating? Was she cheating all along? Why did she fight the divorce?

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
WHEN HE FINALLY WOKE UP

he took care of business, TK U MLJ LV NV

Impo_64Impo_64about 6 years ago
Good, but could be better...

Good, but could be better...We'll never know why she went crazy after her son was born...I think that she never has adapted to live outside Japan...That's why she returned as fast as she could...She didn't need to fuck his boss to get a divorce...The big question: Did she pee all over her lover´s marriage bed when his wife entered the room? His boss got bankrupt...did he got divorced too? 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I would have liked...

A bit more in the ending, but it was still a good story, thanks for writing it...

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Meh

The whole premise of him putting up with that without at least threatening divorce baffles me.

I'm not familiar with divorce law, but I don't think WHERE you got married matters. Her fleeing the country probably complicates serving her, but after a while he could divorce her for desertion.

He has a big case for unlawful termination when it comes out that his boss was fucking his wife. I don't care that he did better, and his old company went belly up, why shouldn't he get HIS pound of flesh?

KingBandorKingBandorabout 6 years agoAuthor
This story, like life isn't tidy with everything answered and resolved

We don't always get the luxury of knowing why everything happens, what truly motivates people, and how things get resolved. We wish we did, but most of the time we don't. Shit happens and we are left to question and wonder.

So, I wanted this story to reflect that. Some things he didn't want to know. Some things he couldn't know. Some things he knew, but didn't want to share.

If you want to know more, you should ask him.

Bandor

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years ago
Wow

So, this woman CLEARLY has several mental issues and a severe alcohol problem. Hubby cheats on her several times. But the minute SHE cheats — in a drunken haze she probably won’t even remember — it’s ober? Really? THAT was the final straw? Not denying him affection, assaulting him, acting like a crazy bitch for 12 years?

Hubby walks into the room and sees his wife being raped while nearly unconscious, and his first thought is: welp, I guess it’s time to divorce the bitch!

Wow. Just...wow.

What a sick mindset. And he’s teaching his son the same mindset. “For better or worse...in sickness and health...unless your wife is a crazy bitch.” LOL! Damn, man.

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot1959about 6 years ago
Reads line an outline for a decent story

I understand the author's comments that it's not always possible to know everything about a story and its situation. Telling the story in the first person makes that more plausible. However, I'm fairly sure we don't know enough about the protagonist himself to be able to evaluate his thoughts, actions, and responses.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 6 years ago
Hmmm

So Sweetie is adventuous in Japan and the US (the latter for about 10 lunar months.). Then she gets progressively crazier. First question is ‘how can you be a good mother if your kid is growing up with more and more bizarre behavior, if only in Hubby’s presence.

3*

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years ago
Hilarious

HIV calling someone else “deeply disturbed” is like Trump calling someone an egomaniac or Hillary calling someone a liar. That’s good stuff.

Yeah, Harry, fucking a barely-conscious woman is nonconsensual rape, regardless of whether she “enjoys it” or not.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 6 years ago
Do people really stay married to mentally deranged people?

Yes! Yes they do!

And the sad thing was that had he not caught her cheating, he'd have remained married to her for the foreseeable future.

A good story, as it was true to the lives of many men and women who have mentally ill spouses.

Freddog6601Freddog6601about 6 years ago
Good idea, shallow content

Not much here other than an idea for a story. Where’s the beef?

ValintValintabout 6 years ago
Odd tagline

The tagline for this story strikes me as bizarre. It should be something like "Man set free by five minutes of lust."

It seems to say that their marriage (which was a short period of happiness followed by a decade of misery and pain) was something valuable that was destroyed by the cheating, as opposed to the cheating finally giving a much-deserved kick in the ass to the pathetic husband.

jbpeters74jbpeters74about 6 years ago
Could have been more

I think there could have been more written on this story, why did she want to stay married, why would she go back to Japan, she could have stayed in America. Japan's society would frown at what she did. Her child, she just left him, what type of relationship did she have with the child. He probably could have sued the company and his boss. It was OK just a little too quick of a story and the ending was seriously rushed.

fifteen16fifteen16about 6 years ago
Interesting

What is the difference between the rich and the average person?. The rich or well to do can afford to divorce, they don't end up in a one bed apartment with most of their income spoken for even before they earn it. Good yarn and agree with mattblack comments.

chytownchytownalmost 6 years ago
Dumb Story Or Stupid Husband***

Her butt should have been gone after 6 months. Thanks for the read.

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
Man

I wish some rich Dude would give Me 40 million bucks for my company! Fuck Yeah!

As for the story it's ok ★★★★★ WOOF!

Mauser45Mauser45almost 6 years ago
???

Erm...what was the point in this story? To point out what a nutjob Harumi was? Or how unresponsive the MC was? If that was the case, well done...

ribnitinribnitinabout 5 years ago
This part was

Deus ex machina:

Within five-years, Jake's company was bankrupt, and I sold mine for forty million.

Eve_FintanEve_Fintanalmost 5 years ago
Good Read

It was a fun story to read. Sad, but with a happy ending.

Baddogie59Baddogie59almost 5 years ago
Sad

Sad, sad, sad.

What some guys will put up with all over love.

lover1953lover1953over 4 years ago
Very clinical

The story had great potential but it seemed like you just wanted to get it over and done with.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 4 years ago
This story shows the massive weakness

Of this author. He has little to no writing skills nor imagination. At this point it is better he just fades away and doesn't quit his day job at McDonald's.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
KB has plenty of shill accounts

to ask him to continue writing. Outside of those shills, nobody else cares

1*, as usual

KingBandorKingBandorabout 4 years agoAuthor

Very funny. Unlike some writers, I only have one account. Sorry to burst your bubble.

KB

TajfaTajfaabout 4 years ago

The lack of a confrontation or hearing what the bosses wife did when she found them leaves the story lacking a real conclusion. Why was he fired? It was his wife the boss was screwing. He did nothing to deserve being sacked and should have sued the company for wrongful dismissal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

With KB's stories, it's hit or miss with me. He's a talented writer, my liking or not liking a story takes nothing away from him as an author, it's just my personal taste.

With that being said, when idiots like Cumminginsideher rant, rave and throw around generalized insults without having a goddamn thing to contribute to this site besides opinionated drivel, it makes me laugh.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Empathize

I can empathize with the husband. My bat shit crazy EX told me no more sex in 1998!!! I had a 4 and 10 year old to keep me home. I waited till they were both out of college till I divorced her frigid, crazy ass!!!

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 3 years ago
Way Too Long

This was not patience or sacrifice; it was procrastination. At least you made ten years pass quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
3 Stars

I would have taken pictures of them having Sex .. Then I would have beat him like a Drum or I would have shown the pictures or Video to his wife ..

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Not a good story score 3 for it. A hopeless yarn

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago

I don't believe anyone would have put up with her for so long., What happened to Jakes marriage? A crap,story, not worth the paper it is written on.

AlericAlericover 3 years ago
Fired?

Why was he fired? That doesn't make sense. If there were no grounds for firing him, why didn't he contest it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This story has a point? A lesson? Something to ponder?

Perhaps it was merely to illustrate the human capacities for simultaneous cruelty and lazy stupidity, if so, we could just as well read something about war.

SikemSikemabout 3 years ago

I enjoyed the story. I do not think that I could do better. But there is plenty of room for improvement.

Constructive criticism: For me, the greatest area of improvement would be to make the wife not be so over the top. Character development in general was weak. The ending felt rushed.

I hope you keep working on your story telling skills.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

That was just a truly an empty, pointless story.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Great story, both the writing and the fact that it pissed off so many assholes.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

2 stars

too many holes in the plot

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 3 years ago
Not The Best

in the KingB stable of stories. This one reads like it's somewhere between a plot outline and a rough draft, certainly not up to the average KingB contribution. Many thanks for an interesting story premise! (And I agree with 26thNC - it certainly brought out the wierdos into the comments section.)

Keep 'em comin'.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

This story has a brilliant idea, quite original, and so far the best story from KB that I have read.

If only KB would be just a little bit more patient with his ideas. He has talent but keeps on running through stories without developing all parts. Still, I think this story deserves 5 stars. Keep on writing.

BigDee44BigDee44almost 3 years ago

I kind of think I should have done the same.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Have to agree with previous anonymous. When you put up with shit that long you're actually signalling that you're fine with it and it makes you a co-conspirator in your own suffering. Its also fucking pathetic, all that pain for absolutely nothing. He wasted those years being miserable and he can never get them back. Not his wife, him.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

There is simply no explanation for why the wife acted as she did after 12 years. There is no real post-betrayal talk. Maybe wife was bi-polar, and this was a symptom.

fritz51fritz51over 2 years ago

Agree with 26thNC... nuff said. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No clue what the bandor wanted to put across?

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

DOCK THAT CHINK A DAYS PAY FOR NAPPING ON THE JOB!!!! lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Typical LW ending: $40 million and a new (beautiful) wife. All's well that ends swell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not a great story, feeling some things're left unsaid. That he went years without sex with his wife it totally unreal. Why he didn't photo his wife & the guy fucking for proof in any divorce, is another wonder. He continually cleaned up, during this time, her whatever on the floor because he loved her- serously?

Keep with the disrespect (yelling, getting to drunk to function, etc.), hubby's indicating he's OK with it all. 2 stars --Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another story where the husband is a pussy. He catches her, runs away, doesn't answer his phone and leaves a note.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It just feels like you left a lot of information out of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Feels like a "yadda yadda yadda" of a story.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 2 years ago

I love a happy ending. 5 stars for writer

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

HE WAS A CUCK FOR 12 YEARS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The king of 7 minute stories. I think he wrote it in that amount of time.

olblueyesolblueyesover 1 year ago

well written of course but not much depth. shallow really.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 1 year ago

I can't help/ hope but feel that most men wouldn't just run away like that. How would you not retaliate against your boss.. and never have any closing conversations?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

I liked both the way he tried to take care of her and the way he took action when she crossed the line. She's mentally ill and he is free of her. Interesting story and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Several thoughts:

Good plot, understandable characters. The author delivered on his main premise.

"Sometimes you have to realize things will never get better and you just need to move on."

The wife was mentally ill. He tried to help. Sadly, too many with mental illnesses never get the help they need and leave a trail of destruction in their wake.

GriscomGriscomover 1 year ago

"Two weeks later, my lawyer told me that Harumi had left the country. She'd gone back to Japan. It took me another ten years, and a lot of legal struggles, to formally get our marriage dissolved. For some fucking reason, she didn't want to divorce me, and she did everything to fight it. We had been married in Japan, which complicated things greatly." - This makes no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

STUPID MUCH!! AFTER ONE YEAR DIVORCE HER FOR ABANDONMENT!!

HE WAS UNFAIRLY DISMISSED AND ACCEPTED IT, WTF!!

WHAT A SLAP DASH STORY

SorchakSorchakabout 1 year ago

He gets fired, without cause, and doesn't take his boss to court over it? BS.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Amen, Brother! Femdom agitprop.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

KB phoned this one in. A half measure of effort yields a half baked story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This guy was just a dumbass. As soon as his wife started playing the no sex or very little sex he should have divorced her. Been there done that with two fucking Asian wives. Only difference is I didn’t drag it out getting divorced. Besides the craziness is in their genes!!

mfbridgesmfbridgesabout 1 year ago

I gave you 5 for the last line in your story. It's soooooo true.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well the MC was a moron, slut treats u like that she deserves to die.

Where’s the closure? Where’s the revenge? Where is pain for the slut ( the Yakusa are a surprisingly moral crime organisation and their punishments are truly awesome)? Where is proper pain for arsehole Jake?

Hblack00Hblack0011 months ago

In most US states, employment is "at will". If no contract, not in a protected group, and no published procedure, then you can be fired because boss wife had a headache the night before

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

So where was he trying to make things better? 3 years without sex and being American, not going to be reprogrammed by a therapist is anathema to cucky Americans. So no, he has only himself to blame.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Not one of your best, KB. Perfunctory, just phoned in.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I agree with the other commenters who take issue with his response to her unwillingness to work in the marriage, and the fact that she physically abused him. Also, he got fired, with no retribution against his boss. Almost anybody that was in his position, would have recorded some of the sex with he boss, to use against both of them. And why not level with Jakes wife, and confront them with her? And couldn’t he have gotten the divorce for abandonment after a year? The way I look at these stories, is did the MC act in his/ her best interests. I this case, I would say no.

Pinto931Pinto9314 months ago

Not very good started of as a story but just basically notes for the second half.

usaretusaret3 months ago

Second reading, second rating not as good. Didn’t enjoy “normal” ending. No drama.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

2 stars, almost down to 1. No reasons why she acted as she did. No discussions between them about her actions, only a few sentences. Not the same.

He waited YEARS of not having sex with his wife? That alone was grounds for divorce. That she didn't want any counceling or medical intervention makes it moreso. Should've told her after some months, not years, to agree to one of those courses of action or it's divorce time.

He'd later find out WHY she didn't want him: she had Jake. Finding out he's no longer employed by the company - no kind of action taken? All in all, the author shows him to be a moronic, spineless wimp, of which I've no sympathy.

Again, 2 stars, & I'm being nice. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story men dont normally divorce no matter how bad their treated. Most men endure too much shit.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nicely done but he put up with her way too long. 4 stars.

Bill S

JRandyJJRandyJ3 months ago

Your MC was a idiot, this story makes men look like wimps. I know no man who would put up with that shit.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Why do they always wait do long to do the inevitable?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sorry women, there is a double standard to cheating for men and this is why men feel that way:

Woman: I met this WONDERFUL guy! He SO romantic and charming! I just KNOW he's a wonderful and considerate lover! I get goosebumps just thinking about him! Our time together will be MAGICAL!

Man: I wondered if I could seduce her stupid married pussy and I did! Oorah! Pump and dump. Dumb slut.

NO woman: I met this moron. His IQ is smaller than his neck size and probably just wants to use me as a cum dump, but I can tell he's got a big cock, even though if I let him eff me, it will probably only last for 2 minutes.

AND THAT is why men feel different about women cheating.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKingBandor@KingBandor
Back after a long time. I've not posted since the pandemic. I was inspired to write a bit more, so keep an eye out for more. Much of what I write about comes from experiences I've had, places I've been and people I've known. Born in the 60's. Came of age in the 80's. Living l...