Waves of Passion Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tryan stepped forward, his eyes ablaze with rage. He pushed his chest forward, though this still did not protrude further than his belly.

"I would not stoop so low as to fight you. But I will choose a champion to fight in my sted."

"No," Aquila whispered. "Brak, I know who he'll choose. He's the most brutal fighter the country has. He is dangerous and huge. Liet will be killed."

Brak squeezed her arm gently.

"Trust Liet, Aquila. He knows what he's doing."

Tryan clicked his fingers. Instantly, loud, metallic footsteps began to echo around the room. The crowd parted as they all turned to look as Sir Varon stepped forward.

He was a monster.

Clad in shining armour, his head higher than anyone else in the hall, his shoulders broader. He carried two enormous war hammers, each barely lifted from the ground.

Prince Urai whistled, "who's a big boy then?"

Liet stepped forwards, standing before the giant without flinching.

"I presume you are my opponent?"

Sir Varon didn't respond. He never spoke. Only grunts had ever left his lips.

"Clear the floor, let the battle commence!" The King yelled, settling down in his throne as a chair was brought for Lord Tryan.

Brak pulled Aquila back as they joined the circle, which had formed around the centre of the room. Prince Urai stood on her other side, close enough that she could feel the heat rising from his body.

"I know you're afraid but trust in Liet, my Lady. He needs your belief in him now more than ever," Prince Urai whispered.

"You mean you're not confident he will win?" Aquila gasped.

"That's one big bloke, a giant I'd presume. Liet is fast and that works to his advantage but I do not envy him this fight," Brak offered, leaning towards them both so not to be heard.

"Liet has fought worse, I'm sure this is within his capabilities," Urai reassured.

"And if it is not?" Aquila dared to suggest.

Both men simply shrugged and looked on to where the battle would soon commence.

Roes waved at her from the other side of the battle. Aquila tried to smile at her friend but she could barely bring her eyes to look away from Liet and the brute he would face. Her eyes brimmed with tears, her hands shaking. Liet turned to look at her; a smile flitted across his lips as he lowered his head to her. Aquila tried to smile but she was so afraid, not for herself, but for him. She had to help, to do something.

Brak's hold on her arm became ever more prominent.

'Trust me,' Liet's words rang in her head. She did trust him, but how could he win this fight?

The two warriors circled, each taking the measure of the other. Varon lifted his two war hammers menacingly as Liet unsheathed his swords, the silence of the hall making the blades metallic sounds vibrate through the air as if the wind was screaming at them.

The two men continued, neither one seemingly wanting to be the first to attack, until Varon finally lunged and the battle commenced. Liet dodged the first blow, ducking under one hammer and moving around the second. He moved around the giant who swung his hammers menacingly, not giving Liet a break to think between blows. One hammer looked to almost hit Liet but at the last second he leaped into the air, somersaulting away from the blow. Another hammer barely missed his head but the next Liet could not escape. He raised his swords to block the attack but the motion was too fast, too strong. The blades collided and Liet was thrown across the room, landing upon the ground heavily, blood seeping from his eyebrow.

Aquila gasped as the crowd lent forward, she looked up to the throne to see Tyran smiling menacingly down at her as the King wriggled with delight beside him. She turned away, not wanting to see his face, his proud eyes. Liet had risen to his feet and was crouched in preparation as Varon charged towards him, both hammers raised, ready to strike.

Liet waited until the hammers were almost upon him before he leaped into the air, jumping onto one hammer, propelling himself onto the second before jumping towards Varon's face. The giant began to try to shield his face but Liet was quick. His blades caught a glancing blow, one to the side of Varon's face, allowing a gush of red to flow down the giant's cheek, the second clipped his armour, the leather strap becoming loose, allowing the breast plate to hang on one side.

"Yes..." Brak whispered beside her, leaning forward with the others to watch the fight.

"No..." Urai whispered, "Get out the way, move."

Aquila watched, stuck between the two men's reactions when as Liet landed upon the ground Varon spun and struck with the hammer, bashing straight into Liet's side and knocking him to the ground.

"Agh..." Brak winced, his teeth gritted.

Aquila stepped forward but Brak's hand moved from her arm to her waist, pulling her close beside him as Urai put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"Trust him and stay here," Brak commanded through gritted teeth as he stared on at the battle before them.

Aquila stared on, her body quaking, sweating, she feared she would faint if it weren't for the stronghold of Brak and Urai around her.

The giant hammered the ground around Liet, missing his mark as Liet rolled to avoid the blows. The floor was turning red with blood, cracking beneath the giant's hammering.

'Whose blood?' Aquila's mind raced.

There was a loud roar as the giant stepped back from where he was hammering, a bright red slash across his chest, his armour lying upon the ground. Liet knelt in front of the giant, his swords held to either side of himself, dripping blood upon the floor.

12