We Almost Made It

Story Info
Just one big mistake.
2.5k words
4.18
226.5k
76

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 03/04/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LT225
LT225
147 Followers

Twenty nine years down the drain. I thought we had it made, we would retire and grow old together. I'm in my mid fifties and ready to retire from the police department being almost maxed out on my pension, I had only one or two years to go to retire.

My name is Mike Williams and I command the Major Offenders Unit with the police department. We go after the worst criminals in our city. With our tech abilities, we can find information on just about anyone.

My soon to be ex-wife is Carol Williams. I thought we were happily married and would retire to grow old together. Little did I know what was coming my way. I guess the clueless husband is always the last to know. That being said, I do know how to face my problems. My experience has developed my ability to read people and situations very quickly and take the appropriate actions.

This all started a few weeks back. I came home early one afternoon to find Carol was already home. As I came through the front door, Carol jumped into my arms and greeted me with a very sensual kiss. Not one to complain, I held her tight and kissed her back. After breaking our kiss, she took my hand and led me to our bedroom. We were undressed in record time. I pushed her onto the bed then grabbed her ankles to spread her legs and marvel at her shaved pussy. I knelt between her legs to smell her aroma and saw she was very wet. I just had to get a taste of her. A few licks of her pussy had her squirming on the bed. I moved to lick her clit and insert a finger. A couple of circles around her clit with my tongue and another finger inserted had her bucking through her first orgasm. She caught her breath and said "I want you in me now". I got between her legs and pushed into her. She was so wet, I easily slipped into her. I got into a good rhythm but she wanted more. She said "come on Mike, fuck me harder". That was all I needed to hear. I started to really pound into her and a few minutes later we both came with great orgasms.

We were snuggled together catching our breath when I asked "what got into you today?" She said "I just wanted to make love with my husband". This was not our normal routine. We have sex two to three times a week but rarely in the afternoon. Carol is the type that likes to have sex when we go to bed. Although our afternoon was wonderful, it made me wonder what was really going.

*******

It was a week later that the second red flag came about. Carol works in real estate. When we were first married, she was a sales agent, then she became a broker. About 10 years ago, we had an opportunity to buy a real estate closing company. We talked it over and decided to sell her brokerage and pool our money to buy it. With owning a closing company, she didn't have to work evenings or weekends. No more showing houses or working to list houses for sale. Her work hours became a normal 9 to 5 routine. She was always home around 5:30.

It was early in the work week when I arrived home at my usual 4:30. I changed clothes and waited for Carol to get home. By 6:00, she still was not home. I called her cell but it went straight to voice mail. I tried to call her office but got the recording that her office was closed for the day.

That was highly unusual so I tried our daughter, Ana. She is 26 and married. She lives near us so maybe Carol had gone to see her and forgot to tell me. When Ana answered I asked "have you seen her mother today?" Ana replied that she hadn't seen her since our last family weekend together. We talked for a few minutes then hung up. I started to call our son, Brett, but was in college about four hours away so no use in calling him.

I was thinking calling some of our friends as it was now 7:00 when I heard her car pull into the garage. When she came into the house, I was sitting in my chair and decided to wait for her to tell me why she was late. She saw me and said "Hi" then proceeded to the bedroom without another word.

I heard the shower running but wanted to give her a chance to explain. She came out about 30 minutes later. She had a panic look on her face. She did not make eye contact with me and went to the kitchen to start dinner. I knew then that something was definitely wrong but I was not going to start the conversation. I learned at work that silence makes people uncomfortable and they sometimes hang themselves with their statements.

Dinner was a quiet affair, we hardly spoke. Afterward as we were watching TV, she said "sorry I was late, but something came up at the office that I needed to handle".

"What time did you close the office?" I asked.

"Oh, I think it was around 6:45 just before I left" she replied.

"What was the problem that took so long to correct?" I asked.

"The last closing paperwork got all messed up and had to be redone."

"Don't you usually just stop the closing and have everyone come back tomorrow so you don't make any mistakes while rushing through the paperwork."

"Yes, but the parties wanted to get the closing done."

I let her stew over that explanation knowing full well that is not how closings work. Also, I waited to hear her excuse for rushing to the shower as soon as she got home, but she never offered any.

Now I was sure we had a major problem with our marriage. The rest of the week and the weekend was very quiet around our house. Carol was moody and sullen the whole time. I knew that I would have to watch her for a while to learn what was really going on, even though my experience told me what had happened.

*******

Monday, I got up early and left for work before Carol was awake. I used my work to take my mind off our problem. The morning went quickly but I was caught up by lunch time. Since we did not have any major cases at the moment, I used the time to try to formulate plan of action. Like I said, I am one for meeting a problem head on. Hiring a PI was not in my dna, nor was I going to follow my wife around to try and catch her in the act. I could only think to confront her to see what she said.

I left work early and went home. To my surprise, Carol's car was in the driveway. Well this was a good time to get this over with. I got into the house ready for an argument. Carol met me at the front door like she had a couple of weeks ago, with a passionate kiss.

She said "I'm sorry for the mood I was in last week. I want you make love to me right now."

This took me by surprise but I was not going to refuse her. Since we always have sex over the weekend, we had missed this last weekend. She took my hand and led me to our bedroom. Again, in no time we were naked, she dropped to her knees and began licking my cock. I was rock hard in no time. She sucked the head into her mouth and gave me one of the best blow jobs she ever had.

Just before I was about to cum, I pulled her off me and threw her on the bed. I grabbed her legs and pilled her ass to the edge of the bed and positioned myself between her legs. Putting my cock at her opening, I gently pushed into her. Thinking I would start slowly to let her adjust, I found her extremely wet and ready. I was not going to make love to her. I just wanted to fuck her hard and fast so I pounded her for all I was worth. She came almost immediately which was really surprising. A few more minutes of hard fucking and I came also.

As we lay together catching our breath, I wanted to ask her about last week but again I did not want to start the conversation but give her a chance to confess any mistakes and how we would be able to heal our marriage. That didn't happen. She got up, went to the bathroom to clean up. After she came out, I did the same.

We talked the rest of the afternoon about general things we needed to do but she never mentioned the elephant in the room. Did she really think she could console me with one afternoon fuck session and I was stupid enough to let it go?

For the rest of the week, life returned almost too normal but I still had that nagging feeling all was not well. Did she forget what I do for a living? Did she not remember all the years I spent handling calls about couples that had this exact problem with their marriage?

Seems our marriage was a week to week fiasco. One week, she was horny and wanting sex, then the next week she was moody and wanting to be left alone. I was getting fed up with this kind of Jekyll and Hyde bullshit. Monday at work, I considered my options and what actions to take. I knew I could not take much more of this behavior.

Tuesday was another slow day for my unit so I decided at lunch time, I was going to her office and confront her with my suspicions. I drove to her office. I was nearly there sitting at a traffic light, when I saw Carol come out and get into her car. She was on the road before I got thru the light.

She must have a place to be, so I followed her. It was not hard to keep her in sight because I was very experienced in following suspects. However, I did get stopped at a traffic light after she made it through. As soon as the light changed, I started looking around the parking lots hoping to spot her car. After checking a lot of the area, I was about to give up when I spotted her car in the lot of the Hampton Inn. That seemed to confirm all my suspicions but I had to be sure.

I went into the Hampton Inn and asked what room Carol Williams was in? The desk clerk said that he did not have a Carol Williams registered. I then asked if there were any real estate type meeting in their motel. Again, he confirmed there were no meetings going on in their motel.

Now how was going to find out who she was with? Then I came up with a plan. I had to run back home for some tools and supplies. I returned twenty minutes and got to work. Using her set of spare keys, I got into her car. I searched her car and found her laptop sitting on the backseat. How many times have I told her to never leave her personal belongings exposed in her car? I hid her laptop on the front floor board, I looked into the glove box. What I found was a burner phone. I opened the phone and found only one number listed. I pocketed the phone and raised the hood of her car. Took me about 15 minutes to complete my work. I closed and locked her car then I backed off and took a position to observe the front of the motel and her car.

I always carry my work equipment in the trunk of my car. I rigged my camera with the telephoto lens and attached a recording devise to my cell. Next, I called my office and gave the phone number to one of my tech guys, asking him get all the information he could and call me back asap. It took him twenty minutes to tell me that the number was to a cell phone that belonged to a Jeff Hunt. "Search him through records and social media and let me know what you find.

About that time, I saw Carol coming out of the motel. It had been approximately two hours since she went inside. She was alone and walked to her car. She got in her car and tried to start it. I could see she was doing something while sitting behind the wheel but couldn't tell what it was. She then got out of her car and went back inside. Fifteen minutes later, Carol appeared at the front of the motel but this time she was accompanied by a man I had never seen. That is when I started taking photographs. They proceeded to her car and unlocked it. The man tried to start her car with no success. As I watched, he got out and popped the hood of her car. I thought to myself, this is going to be fun.

He looked at the motor and suddenly stood up with a legal size tablet in his hand. He turned the tablet to Carol and showed her one word written with big bold letters. "SLUT". I got several good shots of them getting very animated with arm movements and what looked like a very serious discussion. Now was the time to deliver the coup de grace.

Using my cell, I called the number from the burner phone. Sure enough, I saw Jeff answering his phone.

"Let me speak to Carol" was all I said.

I saw him cover the phone and speak to Carol. He said "you must have the wrong number, there is no Carol here."

"Oh, I think I have the correct number, just put Carol on the phone."

"Again I'm telling you there is no Carol here and you have the wrong number."

"Alright if there is no Carol there, just hand the phone to the woman that is standing next to you and Jeff smile for the camera."

They had brief and intense argument but he finally handed the phone to Carol. When she put the phone to her ear, I simply stated "you should keep the room, don't bother coming home bitch" as I hung up.

Having the burner phone, all the photos and her car battery, I headed for home.

My phone rang and I saw it was Carol. I disconnected without answering. Then it pinged indicating I had a message. No need to read it now.

LT225
LT225
147 Followers