We Don't have a Choice!

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know he doesn't get the time for practice that he'd like, but the band still meets for two hours every Wednesday night. They're due to play on Friday nights at the Verve Club in about six weeks' time."

"You also sing for the band, don't you?"

"Sometimes. Unfortunately family commitments and my new business have limited my availability, but once they start at the Club, I hope to join them for a couple of numbers.

"Brian must convince another company to use one of our components in a large Defense contract that they've won. Their boss and I were talking the other day. He believes that social compatibility is an important part of developing trust in business. Now don't mention it to Joyce, as I know I've no right to ask, but your willingness to accept this social commitment may make all the difference. Please don't repeat this, but the company's future depends on this deal."

"Well Marvin, you are lucky. When the children were younger, they did restrict our social life, but I'm now ravenous for more excitement."

"That's marvelous. I recall telling Roger, I don't know how you young swingers get all your energy."

I replayed Marvin's words over in my head several times. I contained my amusement about his confusion between swing and swingers and then wondered if it would be diplomatic to explain the difference. Unfortunately the opportunity passed when the music stopped. This was the cue for Marvin to leave me as he had a speech to make to his guests.

Afterwards, I joined Brian who was talking to a real cutie that also worked with the company. We instantly undertook an examination of each other. She then gave me rapt attention as she played with her hair unconsciously while smiling temptingly. While normally she would have intrigued me, I'm afraid that I abruptly pulled Brian away for a dance. My excuse was that we rarely had such an opportunity like this.

Now Brian has rhythm and when playing his saxophone he can swing his body in time with the music. It's just that he isn't a natural dancer. Purely to please me, he took weekly dance lessons for four months. Through persistence he mastered most of the basic steps, but he never quite overcame his natural inabilities.

Despite this, dancing tonight was important for us both. He needed to show off his skills so that I could shower him with praise. This would be done later, as I understood it was best that I didn't talk while he was concentrating. Even so, I was impressed that his Waltz wasn't too bad.

Meanwhile, this gave me plenty of time to ponder Marvin's comments. His slip of the tongue in misusing the word swinger reminded me of my own failure. I needed to tell Brian the full details of my latest project. Brian had helped me by reviewing my submission that won the contract, unfortunately a hectic life had prevented me from giving him the update in the project's scope.

I reconciled my conscience by telling myself that Brian also has a lot of work on his plate. I was enjoying our dancing but as expected he asked for a break once they started playing the faster steps of the Cha Cha.

The next person I danced with was Karl. Now he was a natural dancer and had just a touch of flair. Regrettably his conversation was awkward and inappropriate. During the second piece of music he started with indelicate complements.

After obviously scanning me from head to toe, Karl commenced with: "You're 'beaudiful', Love. I particularly dig your hair. Are you an aviation blonde?"

While I didn't know what an aviation blonde was, his tone amply indicated it was a tasteless question. Ignoring this, I instantly replied: "Thank you. I grew it myself."

"Your DDG ... sorry, drop dead gorgeous. I bet your figure adds up to 96. Which is almost as good as 69."

I rolled my eyes at Karl and then quipped: "Just because you can add, doesn't mean you are any good at multiplying."

"LMAO. You're quite the wit."

Fortunately during the East Coast Swing we were moving too fast for him to make further comments.

Regrettably the fourth dance was a slow Waltz. With his mouth close to my ear he explained: "You know I am single with a nice home. If you want to experience ecstasy with my body, I'm always available for a booty call." To add emphasis he squeezed me against him and placed a leg too close between my thighs.

I decided that it wasn't worth the embarrassment of a scene, so I just concentrated on the dancing. I suspected he was just bragging about his prowess; however his erection became hard to ignore.

Just before the dance finished, he asked: "What's your favorite position, love?"

The music had stopped when I replied: "CEO. I run my own business." I then gave him a wave, smile and added: "BBBG ...Bye bye, be good."

"Talk to you later. Perhaps at the Clayton's party next Saturday," were his final words.

Once I return from the bathroom, I headed straight for Brian who was talking to Joyce and another man. We both chatted with several other couples; however I'd no objections when Brian suggested it was time to leave. We thanked our hosts and quickly departed.

As Brian drove the babysitter home, I checked on the children. He wasn't long so we were both in the bathroom preparing for bed when he said: "I should tell you I was propositioned tonight."

Here I was just building up for my own confession, so I was slightly surprised but also felt a sense of relief. I thought I'd let him finish as I was still cleaning my teeth.

"It was the company Finance Officer, Scarlett. I introduced you to her just prior to our dance." Watching him in the mirror I could see he looked embarrassed.

"That's alright dear. You didn't do anything wrong. I was also invited to have sex and I wasn't even flirting." Brian knew this wasn't the first time I'd been propositioned, but normally they'd been more subtle. However this was the first time that Brian had been propositioned so I wondered how he handled it.

Once we hopped into bed, I prompted by asking: "From what I remember, Scarlett is quite attractive. Did you feel flattered?"

"Well ... yes ... and guilty ... and ..."

Why should you feel guilty? Then with my arm caressing his naked body and providing a reassuring smile, I asked: "Did you enjoy it?"

"Ah, yes to some extent, but I didn't know how to extricate myself without drawing attention to us."

"So she became very close and intimate with her body. Did she rub your penis?"

"We were close, but not that intimate," he replied defensively.

"What a pity for you." Now Brian looked shocked. "My dance companion went as far as pressing his erection into my body and asking for ... what were his words ... yes, a booty call."

"Was that Karl?"

"Yes, that's his name. He danced well but he'd never be mistaken for a gentleman. His conversation was ... strange." I then gave Brian all the details as I remembered it. "Now don't go making a scene at work. I learnt a long time ago how to handle his type. Drawing attention to the incident would probably just give him some kind of thrill."

"He is just playing up after his recent divorce. Apparently, it was quite acrimonious."

As I cuddled into my husband's shoulder, I then remembered my conversation with Marvin. "Your boss explained that he has high expectations for you to succeed in winning some defense contract. He said that the other company's boss expects us to mix socially. He asked me to help ... socially that is."

"I haven't made personal contact yet, so I've no idea of his expectations."

"I was somewhat amused as Marvin told him that we were both involved with your swing band. Unfortunately, not knowing the difference, he has told their boss that we're both swingers."

Again Brian looked shocked. "Did you correct Marvin?"

"I didn't have a chance, but don't worry. He may have only used that term with me. Surely if he had said we were swingers, this other boss would have corrected him."

With all my confession out of the way, Brian appeared satisfied. His restored confidence was evident when he asked: "Did you enjoy Karl's proposition?"

"It's good to know I still have sufficient appeal, but it wasn't the most compelling seductive experience I've received. Frankly he was a bit of an oaf with a huge penis."

"Did you like the feel of his cock then?"

"Oh, it appeared quite some size. It might be fun to try something belonging to a horse."

This must have amused Brian as he then adopted a slur in his speech as he pretended to be Karl. "I bet a beaudiful lass like you ain't felt such a monstrous cock like mine before."

Brian started rubbing his penis against my body while stroking my inner thighs. I thought I'd play along and in a submissive voice I gushed: "Oh my gosh! I'd be so beholding to you if you'd share your giant penis with me."

"Well as we shall become BFFs, I should consommé this relationship. Spread your legs darlin."

As Brian stroked and rubbed, I surprisingly became quickly aroused by his rough and ready manner. Remaining submissive, I continually gave appropriate comments such as: "Oh ... yes ... yes please ... oh please ... please fill me with your monster."

Then as Brian mounted me, he said: "Brace yourself darlin." He drove in firmly and set a steady pace.

"This is how a real man does it, darlin. Let me fuck you hard and make all your dreams come true, LOML."

Still in my submissive voice I continued: "Oh you are sooo ... big. You must be a God."

I couldn't keep up the silly prattle as I was soon humping against his thrusts and breathing hard. As ridiculous as it may sound, I even imagined Karl inside me and knew I was close to climax.

Before I could, Brian let out an uncharacteristic sound: "Arrgghhhh!" Following him, I huskily exclaimed: "Yes ... yes ... yes ... yes as I convulsed with my own orgasm.

As we cuddled our sweaty bodies firmly together, I had to admit that lustful sex could sometimes be a satisfying variation.

I could hear by his steady breathing that Brian was asleep. Then I remembered I hadn't told him about the variations to my construction project. Perhaps it was cognitive dissonance, as I convinced myself this wasn't an appropriate time anyway.

---------------------------

On Monday afternoon, Marvin was explaining some of the intricacies for winning the contract with Skilled Enterprises Corporation (SEC). We had a small communication and guidance component that was perfect for inclusion in a new missile they were about to manufacture.

Initial competitive trials had also been done with Japanese and German competitors, however being American we felt we had the inside running to win. The main issues we needed to convince them of were the system's reliability and that we could meet their production timelines.

"Now Brian, let me tell you about Roger Hamstead. He is young, in fact he'd only be about five years older than you. He had become CEO by being ruthless. I've heard he either likes you or he'll ruin you. As you have your security clearance, he is now prepared to do business with you."

"I'll now be conducting a security audit of the company to give them added confidence," I explained. "The key staff have SECRET clearances, but I'll ask for some to be upgraded as well."

"That reminds me; at 3pm we're expecting a visit from a Senior Special Agent Don Sanchez from the FBI. He wants to discuss the project security; however I want you to see him and take over all those duties. I need to remain aloof from the details so that I can report and make recommendations to the Board without any conflict of interest."

"Sure, I can do that, Marvin."

"Now I want you to be totally clear. As the divisional head you have many responsibilities. However you were selected as I needed someone that can deliver this sale to SEC. Your future rests on it. You know the costs and the profit margins you can work within. You're to do whatever is needed but I don't want the rest of the company turned upside down with problems."

"It will get my full attention."

"I do have faith in you Brian, but good luck."

As Samantha buzzed through that there was a Don Sanchez waiting for an appointment, I was hastily dismissed to take care of him.

I escorted Don to my office as my predecessor had ensured that it was soundproofed. He apparently had been easily distracted. My predecessor also had an assistant that recently retired. As I made Don and myself a coffee at the kitchenette, I regretted that the position hadn't been filled. Of course the incumbent would now also require a security clearance.

As we returned to my office, I sat back and asked: "Is this visit something to do with my security clearance?"

"No nothing like that." Don replied. "You may not have been formally told, but the company has been informed of your new status. I'm here about an additional matter."

"What can I help you with then?"

"At the end of last week this telephone communication was intercepted." He passed me a sheet of paper. As I started reading it, he explained: "Number 1 in this conversation represents a Mr Chen. We routinely monitor his communications. We want to determine who he was talking to; Number 2."

The text read:

Commencement of Intercept: 07052719ZJUL23

Source: 7W12SH4371

1. Yes

2. Mr Chen?

1. Who is this?

2. This is Saturn.

1. Have you got it?

2. No, but I now know I can get it.

1. How long before you will have it all?

2. I need two to three weeks. Each piece of software has to be taken separately. I want you to confirm you'll still pay $300,000 in cash for the full package.

1. I confirm, $300,000. I will have the money ready when you contact me. I'll then tell you how we will meet for the transfer. Remember if it is not authentic and complete, or you cross me, there will be retribution.

2. There'll be no worries about that.

End of communication.

The message still left me with numerous questions. To start with, I asked: "How does this involve us?"

"Mr Chen is pseudonym for a Taiwanese American businessman who we've had on tabs as he acts as an agent for the People's Republic of China. We also intercepted other communications from Mr Chen. Minutes after this first conversation he reported that he can get the Ethereal Advantage Systems guidance software."

"If you've tapped Chen's phone then you must know who Number 2, Saturn is."

"Unfortunately, no. He was using an unlisted burner phone bought in LA. Of course the name and address details he gave proved to be fictitious. Since he made the call, it's remained off. We've no other record of his cell number, but the call was made in Seattle on July 6 local time; that's Thursday night 22.27 last week."

"So you're assuming that Saturn is an employee of EAS?"

"Yes. Does it sound like anyone you can recognize?"

I looked carefully at the text again and said: "Not from what's printed here. Could I hear the voice recording?"

"Apparently the voice was disguised, and besides I don't even have access to the original."

"So if we assume it's an employee, they were in Seattle on Thursday night. I guess that's something I can follow up."

"It seems you've two weeks to find the person. My involvement is that I'm responsible for the security protocols around SECs new smart missile. I've no need to inform SEC at this stage, but if your software and device is compromised, we will be forced to veto its use for the missile."

I now fully understood the implication of this intercepted phone call. Prior to leaving, Don gave me his card and explained that I should call at any time. I was not to inform others, and everything must remain on a need to know basis. He'd be ready for my call with a response team that was never more than one hour away.

My conversation with Marvin hinted that dealing with SEC could be difficult. Reliability and production timelines now seemed the least of my problems. Not finding this thief ... this spy ... no, this traitor, could not only lose the contract, but it could destroy my career.

Should I inform Marvin? How would it look that as soon as he tells me to get on with it, I rushed back for his help? Besides if I found Saturn, did he need to know?

Somehow this crisis immediately changed my focus and priorities for the day. The first issue was to determine who had been in Seattle on Thursday. Could I ask the managers? The problem was Saturn could be one of them. Unfortunately as I'd been absent on that Thursday at a meeting followed by the polygraph test, I wasn't even certain which managers had been in the office.

One person that I was sure had been in the office was Rico. He had been an IT consultant for one of my first projects. As he was clever and had skills that no one else possessed, I convinced the company to engage him permanently. He had complete knowledge of how the company's IT network operated. What was most important; I knew he was loyal to me.

Rico was in my office five minutes after I called him.

"Rico, I'm not permitted to give you a full background, but I need a favor from you."

He didn't hesitate, just replied: "What is it, Brian?"

"Someone is accessing and possibly copying or downloading all the software for our Project 'Gordian Knot'. I need to find out who it is without raising their or anyone else's suspicion."

"Well I don't need to tell you that for security purposes, no one has full access to all the software. The component for the launcher is on the F Drive; the communications and GPS software is on the G Drive; and the Oracle component is on the H Drive. These components are only brought together for the test lab and those computers have no external access. Plus it only works by using the circuit boards built by Team 3. There are a few people who check the interface between the components, however my assumption is that more than one person is involved."

That was what worried me. However I had to start somewhere. "I've 135 employees in the Division but only 48 are involved with this project. Can we determine who has accessed each of these three components since ... say last Wednesday? Also can you compile the details of anyone that attempts access from now on?"

"It would help considerably if you told me whether you suspect someone."

"I was hoping you could narrow down the suspects for me. If I've a suspect, I'll let you know."

"You know this will be a full time job?"

"Can you pass on your other responsibilities without causing any suspicion?"

"I've been training Myles. He can possibly handle it."

"Can you please give me your results on a daily basis or whenever you find something suspicious? Just remember it's most important that no one else knows. This could ruin the company."

I detected his eyes widen in surprise, however I felt slightly more reassured when he confirmed: "Sure Brian."

It was late afternoon already, but having to process some urgent paperwork made my departure well after closing. On the highway, the peak hour traffic prevented me from properly focusing on suspects. I looked forward to the calmness of home and Brooke. She'd help to unburden my problems and find solutions.

Just after I arrived home, Brooke called the kids for dinner. Normally we prefer to have conversations that incorporate the children, but tonight she must have been able to read my body language.

"Did something happen at work today?" she asked with a concerned emphasis.

"I have a problem. I suspect we've an employee wanting to sell secrets. It'll destroy any chance of a contract with SEC ... and then my job."

We didn't discuss much more until the children were in bed. I then explained it all.

Brainstorming with me, Brooke suggested: "We need to find who was in Seattle."

I liked the way she referred to my problems as hers also. She'd always been there to support me, and I hoped that I'd also given her the same support, particularly with her new business.