All Comments on 'We Need To Talk, Mother'

by A_Bierce

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

That was so dadgum funny, I didn’t know where to laugh. Love how you tied all the knots into a loose end. Good one.

Just Plain BobJust Plain Bobabout 3 years ago

HOW DARE YOU! Where did you come up with the gall to kill off MY Pauline French?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Kudos on the homage to Rocky Raccoon.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years ago

Associate Justice Michelle Obama? Lord, I hope I’ll be dead before that ever happens! Associate Justice Ted Cruz would be much better!

In my version, Joe Biden screws up everything so badly that Donald Trump is elected again in 2024, the Republicans win 2/3 majorities in both chambers, and constitutional amendments are passed repealing the 15th, 16th and 19th amendments.

But the proposed history for the Denver Broncos? Yeah, that’s a good one..

apollo170apollo170about 3 years ago

Hilarious epilogue

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

If there was no Epilogue, I liked the story!, but you fucked it up BADLY!!!

You let all of them live crappy life and die quiet young, while cheap shit slut outlived all of them (including the children) to age 93.

Why bother to finish the story if you are going to make a mess of it?

-1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
@JPB

Pauline is gonna die at some point. Unless you want to write about her somehow becoming immortal, the Goddess of Blowjobs, first loves, and regrets. If you do, you know it'll be alright (sorry, the Rocky Racoon references in this story have me bebopping at the moment).

Pauline, Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. Sounds like a story germ, Bob.

And if you write it, feel free to credit "Oh, it's you Bill" somehow, if it's helpful.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 3 years ago

When your epilogue is longer than your story, your the idiot.

When you make this about politics and not sex, you’re in the wrong category and when you involve underage female characters, this becomes problematic.

I’ll tell you to go fuck yourself, but considering you’ve never been able to have sex with a woman who consented, you’re fucked in the head. Change your name to Bill Cosby because that’s the only way you’ll get to have sex.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

"Manila Folders"??? That's hysterical. That was a ridiculously funny story. Thank you for sharing that.

Robby_DRobby_Dabout 3 years ago

Great story, hilarious epilogue. And, for JPB, don't worry, Pauline shall rise again!

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 3 years ago

Ambrose, when you decide to make a comeback, you go all out. I never told you I went to David Crockett High School, (I wish). Looking forward to your next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Your poking fun at all of us. Big grin.

dardefdardefabout 3 years ago

Going to miss Pauline

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
michelle obama?

What a worthless whore...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

RE: Reed Richards. You're out of your fucking mind. Ted Cruz? The guy that tried to overthrow a fair won election? I always knew you were an asshole, your comment just proofed it. Donald Trump re-elected, the scum that didn't do anything for four years but spend the people's money. Republicans don't have anything to offer the country except culture wars. Nothing about health care for all, infrastructure to fix our shitty roads, immigration reform, fair tax reform, etc etc. the list is long. The country would be better off if the party was eliminated. Not one ass wipe republican voted to help end the virus problems, give help to the people that needed it but I bet your kind took all the goodies and kept them. Send back your checks,your party don't want you to have them. You're an ass, just like that no good Trump.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fun story, but really didn't need the epilogue. Frankly, you just tried too hard there.

@ReedRichards - Justice Cruz? No thanks, I'd prefer Justices who have at least as much backbone as a flatworm.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Hilarious!

GhostdogginGhostdogginabout 3 years ago

@ReedRichards the Ted Cruz who went to vacation in the tropics while most of Texas was without power, water, and were freezing and who had done nothing about power companies free reign so that after his constituents get their bill jacked up some to the tune of $100k plus? Trump reelected that's a laugh. Now I'm not really political, I feel you're either voting for Clown A or Clown B which in the end it doesnt matter who you voted for due to the electoral college, but Trump was in it to gain more money for him and his family which they dont need. He did nothing for this country except for the rich, lied through his teeth, and did nothing but bitch about how everything was a setup and how he didnt commit any crimes then threw a temper tantrum about not being reelected which ended up getting people killed. Like I said though I'm not political I believe both sides are equally corrupt and elections are in the hands of the powers to be not the people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The epilogue sucked the fun out of the story.

3***. Coulda been 4.......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You had a mediocre story going until the epilogue. You tried - and failed - at humor and taking on a couple of other authors.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago

It was an odd read. The epilogue was a waste of space.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 3 years ago

To all the over the top political scientist's out there, why is that you don't come out from under your rock when someone dissed Trump but you do when they dis the great Michael, I mean Michele? Where is Will Rodgers when the world needs him?

For those of you who wanted to jump all over Reed Richards, maybe you should go back and read some of the things he has written. Like this story, he was making fun of everyone.

Ambros, this is why they never understood about Muses.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 3 years ago

Begged for a 1....

patilliepatillieabout 3 years ago

The epilogue doomed this piece to a 1*rating. It was trash, I am guessing your poor attempt at humor.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Tongue in Cheek does it....... great read!!!!!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

The epilogue was the best part!

5

luedonluedonabout 3 years ago

I'm with 26thNC on this one.

"Love how you tied all the knots into a loose end."

.

So loose an end that I lost track of the historical time being covered by the various characters that came and went.

.

That was fun.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

@ReedRichards

Funny you should say that because I hope for your death too. It's a dear wish of mine. Each summer night, I wish upon Vega, the brightest star in the constellation of Lyra.

Starry, starry night

Paint your palette blue and grey

Put ReedRichards under the clay

With eyes that show no life left in his soul

Shadows on the hills

Sketch the trees and the daffodils

Dump ReedRichards in the landfills

Or let him sink deep into some quicksand

Do you understand

What I'm trying to say to you

How I want you beaten black and blue

How I hope you don't pull through

You would not listen, you did not know how

Perhaps you'll listen now.

Nobody asked for your political commentary, but it's impressive you're able to talk with your tongue so far up Donnie boy's flabby orange behind. There can't be much air up there. Maybe that's how you'll die. I can only hope.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Not sure

Which is funnier, this obviously bonkers story or ReedRichards comment? Trump being re-elected? How the US citizens choose between senile dementia and Alzheimer's at it's worst... the rest of the world has no idea.

kimi1990kimi1990about 3 years ago

I'm afraid that Mr. Bierce, as well as the people who thought this was worth reading, are prime examples of the Duning-Kruger effect. It can only be the result of very, very low levels of metacognition on display. Mr. Bierce, you also seem to be unable to refrain from taking shots at people you envy. It's a nasty habit.

nestorb30nestorb30about 3 years ago

Epilogue was the best part!!! 5 stars!

nestorb30nestorb30about 3 years ago

@ReedRichards when you wrote "and constitutional amendments are passed repealing the 15th, 16th and 19th amendments." Ok I get it, no one likes to pay taxes...but removing the.protection to vote for people who are not white and repealing the right of women to vote? I am going to assume you are being satirical. Please 🙏 tell me you are...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sorry, But Just Too Unrealistic

She's beautiful, loves to fuck, and has no morals or ethics (for God's sake she's lawyer!); she remarried the current rich fool as often as it took her to accumulate a substantial fortune. By the time she was 70 she had more plastic in her body than a barrel full of Legos, and she had been played with just as often. She committed suicide after contracting HIV from some huge dicked stud(s) who's race(s) and name(s) are irrelevant; really, given the drugs and the alcohol, she couldn't remember. She left her entire estate to her cat, which happened to be under the joint custody of her daughters. The cat really enjoyed the houses and the trips, which were shared by her ex husband. The daughters joked that at least their mother's pussy was of some use to their father.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What was this????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So now we have an anonymous commenter openly wishing that another commenter was dead?

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Reed, have you stolen my anonymous bitch away from me? I suppose that there are plenty to go around. At least yours has some imagination. My anonymous is just a bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

LOL! OK. I liked the story. The Epilogue mostly went over my head. But kudos to the author who has the uncanny ability to provide food for thought although at times make weak readers like me feel overwhelmed.

I think I'll read P.D. Eastman's "Go, Dog. Go!" to help clear my head. 🤣

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What, no leftist SJW outrage to change the name of the MC from a Confederate general? Actually is / was J.E.B., an acronym (for the purists).

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago

***Thanks for the read.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 3 years ago

I liked it.

The idea of children getting involved in the drama

is a good idea.

They too are victims of cheating

and deserve to be included in the solution.

At least the older kids.

On the negative, the plot was very limited.

Even for a flash story.

Thanks A_Bierce for an enjoyable story.

4 out of 5 from me.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 3 years agoAuthor

Oh my

I owe you all a sincere apology for inspiring a political pissing contest. I had no idea that tossing Michele Obama’s name out as a SCOTUS justice would do so, I thought I was just playing name games (like Jeb Stewart—yes, J.E.B. was an acronym for James Ewell Brown and his name was spelled Stuart—and McGill/Lil/Nancy—Lena Horne’s version is to die for). Color me naïve at best, more likely stupid. Salting a silly story with Easter eggs is fun, but not when it leads to heat and anger. Mea culpa. I’ll try to pay better attention, but situational awareness has never been my long suit.

Kimi, I’d be unhappy if a story of mine didn’t move you to snipe, but don’t you think dissing both of my fans is carrying vendetta too far? And I’m not sure how you divined I was taking shots at people I envy, since I’m not aware of taking any shots at anyone (except perhaps poor little Archie, who surely will have higher aspirations than taking remedial composition courses at a California community college—even an outstanding one like DVCC). Whom do you imagine I envy?

Lue, you’re right: I was having so much fun writing the Epilogue I never bothered to figure out a timeline. You inspired me to start with pencil and paper, but I gave it up and had to make a spreadsheet. Since they’re my characters, I gave them ages: Lil and Jeb, 39; Meg, 13; Lizzie, 10; Archie, 1; great-grandma, 94. Laying out the timeline was an interesting process: I learned that Lizzie was 9 years older than Archie, they died at 52 and 43; Jeb died at 64, don’t know how old Pauline was; E2R died at 122 on her way back to England aboard QE IV after the wedding. As the story revealed, Lil died at 96—after 54 years of a life filled with sorrow and regret, which, it can be argued, is a worse fate than dying younger after a happy life—and Meg died at 77 listening to Miss Peggy Lee singing “Is That All There Is?” The timeline also allows for comparing life stages, e.g., when Lil took her final vows as a Sister of Perpetual Regret, Jeb had married Pauline and was still coaching at DCHS, Meg was in her third year at Georgetown Law, Lizzie was starting her senior year at Penn State, Archie was 11 and starting to rebel, and England was celebrating the queen’s 104th birthday.

We almost have a hung jury regarding the Epilogue (note the “almost”, guys, don’t get all proud). Perhaps there needs to be a sequel that ignores the Epilogue and just continues the story.

Bob, I could never kill Pauline, she’s yours now and forever (besides, this is only a story).

Kimi, I hope this moves you to give us an encore.

LoejtcLoejtcabout 3 years ago

Is there anything more inane than political fanatics venting their irrational tirades about a fictional story on an erotic website? Then doubling down on their stupidity my submitting mean spirited, foul “rebuttals” to each other?

Author, I hope you learned a lesson about what happens on this website should you intentionally or inadvertently mention a current political figure.

Do it again and I’m gone.

Better still, find a website where readers value story content and writing skills. You’re not going to find that here.

maninconnmaninconnabout 3 years ago
Liked the story.

The epilogue, not so much.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 3 years agoAuthor

Strategic retreat

I have submitted a revised version that omits the name that inspired the political brouhaha.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 3 years ago

Made me smile a whole lot. Especially the afterword.

Thank you, sir.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 3 years ago

E2R died at 122? Man, Bonny Prince Charlie must have been spinning in his grave by that point, knowing that the carelessly left roller-skate on the palace stairs had never done the trick.

traddisagaintraddisagainover 2 years ago

if you cannot say anything nice don't say anything at all. Silence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Crimey!

The epilogue was almost as long as the story.

green117green117over 2 years ago
Rather liked it

And I'm not one to like a bunch of references tossed out post-haste.

The epilogue, I assumed, was to short circuit the FTDS stuff that you see... it said so, remember? And so, it wasn't supposed to be much more that a bunch of stuff to tease the kind of people who do such things. I did like some of the points - "Broken Heart", in full medical lingo (and what else should take down Pauline?), The sad fate of Lizzy (but then again, who is it that lives close to DVCC?) - getting involved with Archie and that crowd... quite the gemish.

but... not bad. A pity that there are people who could only focus on the MO reference. With all the other stuff, that is the thing they can get a handle on?

I still poke on by to find your latest stuff - which is find still worthwhile.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Heyzeus H Christo! The denouement alone was worth the price of admission, death by a thousand chuckles. I am left with visions of the sanctimonious among us losing their erections while muttering “well I never…” Thank you sir, may we have another?

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

2 stars and nothing worth a comment.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77almost 2 years ago

What the hell did I just read? 5 stars for originality, but now I have to figure out what FTDS is.

SkubabillSkubabillover 1 year ago

Hilarious. What an imagination. I'm beginning to think you are as good as Ambrose. Absolutely loves the Rocky Raccoon reference.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman9 months ago

LOL !!!!!! All the names and careers were awesome.

BadCubanBadCuban3 months ago

The most complete epilogue ever. I have no questions remaining ... I believe the damn story is truly finished. I am very sorry about the tragic loss of life in the seafaring incident.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous