All Comments on 'We Need to Talk - Tom'

by StoryTLR

Sort by:
  • 80 Comments
Buster2UBuster2Uabout 2 months ago

20 big blazing stars to writer for a great story. Marion was from the Stallone movie Cobra, a badass movie! Thanks for the effort Buster2U

Diecast1Diecast1about 2 months ago

Bloody good story. Loved it. AAAAAA++++++

DevotedWifeDevotedWifeabout 2 months ago

John Wayne’s real name was Marion Morrison.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNiceabout 2 months ago

This was resolved with some realism in how humans in long term relationships interact. I would have been okay w/ the husband divorcing her, but the response in the story is more realistic since he knew she didn't have sex with him.

As for the "Marion" quote, that is a mystery, and did not add to the story in my opinion. When you have a reference in your story that most people don't get, it breaks the narrative flow, so I am not in favor of cryptic references. Given the prompt at the end, I wondered if it was a reference to John Wayne's real name, as I have hear people say "he is going all John Wayne" meaning acting tough. That could have been it, but I can't think of any reason someone would call a friend "Marion" instead of John Wayne, unless they are all members of a trivia club. I knew Wayne's first name, but most people don't. Whatever this was referring to, I am guessing most people didn't get it, so you are not adding to your story. I started w/ a 4 star rating, but the more I thought about the "Marion" thing, I decided to take off a star.

TerriCTerriCabout 2 months ago

Good story. I think the Marion reference is a little vague. I think you intended it to be a reference to John Wayne. In the world of the story though, these guys could either be Wayne fans OR they really dig Marion Cobretti from the Stallone movie Cobra...

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 2 months ago

So John Wayne’s real name was Marion Morrison. Interesting trivia! I wasn’t a fan of Cobra. It felt self-parodying to me. “You’re a disease, and I’m the Cure.” Really?

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 2 months ago

My one big question was if the FMC was 'the slut of the office' while the other three had actually fucked Brian, why did she not immediately out the bastard? The wife deserved to hear it all. That was just plain stupid. Otherwise i liked the story.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 2 months ago

I don’t blame her for having an affair. Her husband is a psychopath, William g to murder someone he doesn’t know because his wife had the audacity to go on a date.

Hubby is no different than the murderer who killed his wife with a shotgun because she was having an affair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Cobretti? Stallone movie from the 80s?

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 2 months ago

Thanks for the happy ending.

.

PS: I give up. Where does Marion exist?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It seems to me that what we learned yesterday was that the wife was a self-centered, narcissistic bitch that thought her shit didn't stink and that she was the center of the universe. No matter the plan, it failed when he didn't divorce her. RAAC with the witch ruined the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

PS - Bates killed Marion in the shower.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Liked this story. No character development but one can assume a brain dead wife and an emotional husband. Marion a sneaky reference and I loved it . I want to tell you pilgrim, Brian needed 1000 bolts to the nuts.

Faustus65Faustus65about 2 months ago

Marion is probably a John Wayne reference. A good story

mephisto69mephisto69about 2 months ago

Good read. Just remember Marion always wanted a tougher sounding name. Like “Alice”.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

marion is john wayne

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

John Wayne

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Marion....aka john wayne...

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Marion Morrison, he liked Westerns too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Marion, aka "John Wayne"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

"Marion"?

My guess is that it's a John Wayne reference because his real name was Marion Morrison.

M_R_M_R_about 2 months ago

John, Marion, Wayne.

lujon2019lujon2019about 2 months ago

great story, aside from him being a cuck

MsDirectorMsDirectorabout 2 months ago

Answer "Let's go Marion." Line from 'Happy Day's' Husband Howard Cunningham to spouse Marion Cunningham used originally at a party when Howard had had enough of the host. Became a staple line. My memory is not what it once was, but I think that is correct. Poor Chuck ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Dirty cum sucking cuckold MC

mainebodymainebodyabout 2 months ago

Loved the story, 5 Stars- Happy Days

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great story, was it a Happy Days reference?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Marion = John Wayne.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

My computer says that Marion Hedgepeth was a 19th century gunslinger. However I would imagine that Cobra would make more sense!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Another story that equates cheating with fucking. That the wife kisses, goes on a date, etc etc don't count as cheating.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 months ago

John Wayne.

One of my favorite John Wayne moments had nothing to do with his movies. He had a short cameo on Maude. Maude was ranting left and right about how she was going to lay into him because he was a republican bla bla. He shows up and she turns into a giggling school girl, star struck. It was hilarious.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

John Wayne ?

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Banabout 2 months ago

Very good story! 5/5 BRB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Why would he tell his wife he missed her and she could fuck any guy she wants? That put him in cuck status and ruined the whole story. Even though she didn't with Brian, even though she was going to, after telling Tom, she now has and open invitation in the future to do so. So I guess in the end, he is a cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Don't even think of cheating when you don't know the consequences. Lesson learned.

MarmadukephuknukleMarmadukephuknukleabout 2 months ago

John Wayne (Marion Morrison). I knew it the instant I read it, especially since you had mentioned The Duke earlier in the piece. A great story. Five stars.

StoryTLRStoryTLRabout 2 months agoAuthor

The gun referenced was in the story was John Wayne’s gun of choice in many of his westerns. Also, the two Quotes in this story were John Wayne’s.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 months ago

She deserved much worse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Loved it!

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336about 2 months ago

5 stars.... I agree with "onlythelonelylove" John Wayne's real name was Marion Robert Morrison, As well as Sylvester Stallone's character in the movie "Cobra". I liked the main character "Tom" he was a good strong man. He was an American, a man who doesn't take any shit from that scum sucking lawyer. Two things I hate in this world are weak acting men, which is a very large percentage of American men these days and lawyers. Lawyers should be held in contempt by everyone, in my opinion lawyers are lower than drug dealers.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 months ago

1 star - a very bad idea for a crappy BTB story.

No one understands the reference to Marion and why should they?

WHERE ARE THE TAGS????

GardenshedGardenshedabout 2 months ago

Good story, very good start of the story, nice twist at the end. Thanks for writing. Nice shoutout to John wayne

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 2 months ago

One of the best of this type story I've read. cd 5*****

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodgerabout 2 months ago

A man ought to do what he thinks is right

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 months ago

Good story. In the fictional world, she learns her lesson. In the real world, a spouse who did that would know full well what destruction they unleashed and they did it willingly. It's like saying, "I'm going to shoot you, but I know you will get over it." Someone who loves you doesn't do that.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 2 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ great one!

SkubabillSkubabillabout 2 months ago

I assume Marion was John Wayne. Excellent story.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 months ago

Beta male.

Today's stories are just so --

Not a good day to read LW stiries most of the good writers' stories today sucked well exceot for Hooked1957's "Because He Could".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Four solid stars. Yes, the story was a bit sketchy, but even that aside, it was well written. Enjoyed the shout-out to The Duke.

JPB NOT BOB

Kernow2023Kernow2023about 2 months ago

Marion - John Wayne of course , good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Nope he was a coward, and should have done himself at least he would have died with his self-respect and honor, like he said in his note she wasn't worth his life, well if the whore wasn't worth his life she sure as he'll wasn't worth his dignity and self-respect. It makes zero sense contradicting himself. Women have no honor they are ruled by their emotions and her itch will return and she will justify it to herself and all her guilt will do is make her hide it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

good story but she got off way too easy. Even if he takes her back it should have been much longer, keep the separate finances, refer to her as slut rather than honey, babe, or even wife.

mndhanson017mndhanson017about 2 months ago

She should have outed the other three women and got Brian fired and maybe those women get divorced, since they are calling her a slut

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

You tried explaining why he took her back. You failed miserably.

kirei8kirei8about 2 months ago

Only if the stupid bitch begged for forgiveness at the last minute and stayed home could this story be believable. Then after counseling and signing an ironclad postnup would he even entertain taking her back. Quitting her job and apologizing to ALL parties would also be a requirement.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 months ago

"I will let you experience a real man." -What's with these assholes who think that they're the only "real men?"

\

I also thought that Marion was a reference to John Wayne,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Just another cuck story.

skruff101skruff101about 2 months ago

There is a little confusion as to John Wayne’s real name, depending on which biography you read he’s either Marion Robert Morrison or Marion Michael Morrison or Michael Marion Morrison so take your pick but Marion is in there somewhere.

As to the story, it was well written but added little to the ‘we have to talk’ genre. She crossed several lines but not the biggie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Meh

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 2 months ago

Interesting story. The law firm should have had a policy about fraternization between office workers. Brian was extremely stupid - being a partner and having sex with anyone under him is asking for a sexual harassment lawsuit and risks his partnership in the law firm.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 2 months ago

In the fullness of time "Marion" will be very glad he took Kelly back.

SKHPSKHPabout 2 months ago

Thanks for sharing. Stories like this are overflowing the LW category. So just ⭐⭐⭐ from me.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 1 month ago

Her second chance should have included conditions. For starters, quitting her job; and a full confession to Brian’s wife with signed and notarized affidavit documenting his lengthy seduction with the names of his other conquests.

Tls2753aTls2753aabout 1 month ago

I assume the Marion comment was referencing John Wayne, but I was somewhat surprised that it was Brian, the guy who had just been mugged, that made the comment.

XluckyleeXluckyleeabout 1 month ago

5 stars from Xluckylee for a fun read.

mattenwmattenwabout 1 month ago

I don't understand why Brain gets beaten half to death but his wife gets a second chance. Cheating usually takes two people. One who initiates it and one who participates. So why is his guilt greater than hers? She is a married woman with two grown daughters, so you should expect better from her.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 1 month ago

If you're the teacher (teach her),

don't touch the student.

Find someone more mature.

Someone you can respect.

3 out of 5 from me.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 month ago

Great story. Perfect way to handle the idiot wife. I wouldn’t have even given her the kiss before she was gone.

A01butal75A01butal75about 1 month ago

How is it so hard to miss that you go to a diner to have dinner, not the other way around.

JTassJTass28 days ago

I figure that Marion was either a reference to John Wayne or to Marion Cobretti (the full name of Stallone's character in the movie Cobra)

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Marion was the name of the British band who produced the 1995 song Let's All Go Together.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous