Wedding Psychosis

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
moreandmore
moreandmore
2,311 Followers

Tara, unaccompanied, returned with a contract and a check.

"Here's the adding machine tape of Ms. Cummins W2s. This contract requires both sides to maintain strict confidentiality."

Dario placed the contract in-between us. I saw the number and just about peed myself, three hundred sixteen thousand. I couldn't focus. Hopefully Dario doesn't need my help.

Dario looked up at Tara "Two things, first I see that you require us to hold you harmless, and second you are restricting Ms. Cummins with a non-compete clause. I don't see the reciprocal being offered. We'll need that before we can sign. Anything restriction or concession you want from us, we want from you."

Tara gathered up her the paperwork and left. Fifteen minutes later we tried again. My hand was shaking when I signed the agreement. My palms were sweating when I caressed the check.

Charlie wanted the last word "I hope you die the most painful and slow death possible, Dario."

"Now, now, Chuckles. You do know you have a responsibility to report your two associates to the review board. You and I both know they have committed Class C felonies while they were on your payroll. We may have a non-disclosure agreement, but their spouses don't. Did I mention I'm representing both? Have a great day Chucky-Poo."

I swear Charlie was having a heart attack. Security escorted us from the building.

My stomach was doing flip flops.

"What do I owe you Dario?"

"Consider it my signing bonus to you Heather. Let me talk to the spouses and then touch base later today. Are you free for dinner?"

"Come by my place. I'll fix it."

+ + + +

Jillian:

Blyndham and Robbem distanced themselves from myself and Enrico. Since they knew about the bigamy, B and R was required to report us. The review board recommended disbarment for us.

I tried, unsuccessfully, to convince the panel that the marriage was a joke. It was a simple mistake, I told them, that the check box for filing with Clark County had been unintentionally checked. As it involved bigamy, the marriage was quickly annulled.

The panel disagreed with me.

"Mrs. Fascino, we take a dim view of members of the bar who treat the court system as their playground for practical jokes. Your services are no longer sanctioned in our fine state."

No problem, I thought. I'll pass the bar in a nearby state. It had only been a few years since I successfully passed the bar. Arrogance can be costly. You would think that states would care if you'd been disbarred in another state. You keep thinking that.

In my first attempt, without refresher courses, I knew I hadn't passed as soon as I finished the test. I tried another state, with similar results.

What I needed was to take refresher courses, but I lacked the funds to do so. I found work as a paralegal, but I couldn't afford to pay alimony. With what I was making I could barely afford my living expenses and the cost of continuing education.

I called Carter and begged him to meet me, so I could explain. We met at a park.

"Hi Carter, you're looking good."

"Can't say the same thing for you."

That stung. I tried to make myself look sexy.

"I know it will sound shallow, but I'm sorry. I let myself down which in turn destroyed what we had together."

"Whatever. You could have said that over the phone. Why the meeting?"

"I need you to let me fall behind on alimony. I've lost my license and I've had to take a job as a paralegal. The pay isn't very good and I need it to take some refresher courses so I can pass the bar in other states. Once I have passed a bar somewhere, I'll be able to land a job that allows me to repay you. Can you not garnish my wages so I can do this?"

"You want me to take your word? Really? I'd be that stupid because?"

"I can draw up a contract, sort of an addendum to the divorce. I wish I could explain how I could be so stupid over that six week period. I'd never given any thought to cheating on you and then I was a complete slut to Enrico. I'm not asking you to forgive me. Hell, I can't even forgive myself. I want to get back on my feet and I need your help, again. Please?"

"Email your proposed contract. That all you got?"

"No, I just wanted to tell you, face to face, I love you."

Carter's face never varied. He simply turned and walked away. I cried for an hour before trying to drive home. I pulled over and cried some more. How could I have turned one of the most generous loving person I'd ever met into a cold hearted shell?

Carter signed my proposal and I embarked on getting licensed, anywhere. Two years, and several failed attempts later, I passed another bar. I hated to move, but conditions forced me to go where I could get work.

I resumed payments to Carter. There is no expiration date on his alimony. I look at it as being what he is owed for paying for my education.

+ + + +

Epilogue:

Enrico didn't contest it. He's not capable of making decisions anymore. After leaving a pub, late one night, he sustained a crushing blow to the back of his head. He suffered severe brain damage and multiple strokes. He now uses his trust fund to pay for twenty four hour care. The lights are on, but nobody is home. Coco successfully sued Enrico to insure the continued payments of the alimony.

Police suspect any of a number of cuckolded spouses could have done it, or hired it out. Even Jillian was interviewed. No one was ever charged.

Dario and Heather dated, slowly at first, but were married eighteen months after they reconnected. Heather is expecting, and if the kid is ugly, she knows why.

Carter found another bride within a year. Coco took two years to test the waters again.

Jillian remains single. The picture on her desk is of her, in Las Vegas, in her wedding gown. Dreams die hard.

moreandmore
moreandmore
2,311 Followers