All Comments on 'Wedding Vow Sabbatical'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Talk about monumentally stupid, that's what he was. Sure, listen to talking heads and risk your happy marriage, kids and home life over some ridiculous drivel spouted by self-involved douchebags with no sense. He should have lost her.

amyyumamyyumover 5 years ago
Funny -- I really liked it!

5*

breville1breville1over 5 years ago
Life Lesson

Awesome! Reminds me of "You never know what you have until it's gone". So many people get into a mess.

Stupid man gave in to what his friends were saying. Wife had enough faith in him to put together a what looked like win-win (for him) agreement in place - too generous!!

The last bit when she reverses the agreement was a real shocker - and to him. I liked the way the awesome wife burns it. I like that wife.....

ValintValintover 5 years ago
He doesn't deserve her

I suppose that if she's already decided that he's the father of her kids and she's stuck with him, punishing him is ultimately not going to help with creating a happy marriage in the longterm.

I just have difficulty believing that someone is that enlightened, that she willing to shrug off his assholery like he's a sitcom husband and she's the long-suffering wife who puts up with it because she loves him. At the end of the day, his realization wasn't how much he loved his wife, it's that he's too much of a loser to score with anyone better.

I can imagine the howls if the sexes were reversed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It's sketchy

The story was really good and unique...BUT

It's almost too perfect. I'd say his wife has already cheated on him, and all on her own figured out how stupid it all was.

That's why she put her husband through this, without exacting her pound of flesh. Don't get me wrong, she tested him a lot. Even the end, she might have reacted very differently had he not said 'okay'.

So I'm going to conclude that she's cheated on him for, if not a year, roughly that amount. And this was her way of helping him come to the same conclusions she's had. That extra-marital sex in a solid relationship is empty and pointless. There were small clues about how shy he was, and how sexually forward she was when they first met.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This story had a saint for a wife

A loving wife giving a husband a free pass for a year. If he cheated this marriage would be over. Do not listen to your friends or work buddies if you want to stay married. Bulshit is bulshit.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 5 years ago
Enjoyable

Implausible as it is, enjoyable nontheless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pretty funny

our hero's ineptness is only exceeded by his fortuity in marriage. We married guys should all be so lucky.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
Well, one statement was certainly true:

Kentucky women do know basketball!

Now Mitch is going to spend the next year worrying, and he should. That he never got any strange during his sabbatical was his own fault; he tried and failed, so he’s got no complaint if Olivia tries and doesn’t fail. Sauce for the goose and all that.

Good story, and Olivia is way smarter than her husband. Of course, that wouldn’t be difficult, because he’s a dumbass.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Funny and touching

Loved it. Thanks very much for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hard to decide about this story

Hubby is a complete moron. Talk about a way to destroy your marriage. I know of no women that would put up with his bullshit for a year. He'd be sleeping in another bedroom and about to be divorced. His wife is simply too good to be true. On the other hand a wife that really trusts and loves her husband could pull off a stunt like this. Except I think she makes him suffer for the full year before letting him off the hook. Either way his little stunt has irreparably damaged his marriage. What an idiot.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Don't

Don't listen to others who boast about their lives. Like social media, you only get the sunny, too perfect, upbeat parts. No one posts the dark and ugly. This guy was monumentally stupid. He's a fortunate man if Olivia stays with him.

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
Neat twist

Still, while I liked the tale I came away feeling like I missed something. So I read it a second time. Same feeling.

Anyway, thx.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
With humor in mind

I give it a 4.

I would have gone 5+ if she had gone through with her contract and we got to read about the repercussions and ramifications from both sides.

I believe it was meant as humor so I'll accept it as such.

That would be some hell on a marriage. Sparked my interest with this topic!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
P.S.

! Mitch is in serious need of some game! Lol!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
She knew her spouse inside and out.

Not only did she understand where he was coming from with his request, she knew the quality of the man she married would result in his having the experience he did.

Nice combination of smarts and faith on her part!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Really only one word comes to mind.

PUTZ...Only a putz would risk a good marriage based on what a bunch of guys at work say. Hell about 90% of it is bragging or bullshit. He was one of the mature ones in the crowd. but obviously the stupidest. She should have used her year and moved on.

johnadpjohnadpover 5 years ago
The Way It Should Be... Buttttt

Ideally a long term married couple should be able to come to one another, even with crazy ideas and at least have the other partner hear them out and agnostically consider the idea. She allowed him to go through his mid-life crisis, his curiosity on what he was missing. He figured things out, even if he had had sex with someone else (which I realize he did not), and came back fully to the relationship. The family stayed intact, most importantly for the children, and they were probably closer than ever. Much better than bitterness, breaking up the family, financial turmoil, etc.

Unfortunately, I couldn't do it if my wife hits me up with the same idea for two primary reasons. One, I'm not sure if it's homophobia or what it is, but I would be really turned off if I knew another dude had his saliva on her, much less his cum. I've always been for gay rights, and even gay marriage, but I get disgusted at bachelor parties when I see dudes suck on a stripper's nipples after another dude had already done that to her. So the idea of my wife having another dude's saliva and cum or her having sucked on his dick or even made out with him would gross me out. Years ago at a restaurant a gf took a bite from a male friend's plate to taste his food (he had already eaten from it) and I was totally grossed out. I mean grossed out enough that I kept on bringing it up multiple times over the months I dated her with complete disgust. If she had done that from another woman's plate, it wouldn't have mattered to me. Heck, if she made out or ate out another woman I would have cheered her on. I know strange, but it's the way I feel. So fuck you :).

Second, I have a very dominant personality and need to be in control of myself, my destiny, and yes my woman. I'm in no way a bully, or even question my wife, past girlfriends, where they've been and allow them even to travel on their own, and push them to have their own lives. But ultimately I need to be in control and women have always reacted to me and naturally have been submissive with me. So to me this is a control issue where my wife would be controlling my emotional life, having more freedom than I would have, and it would totally not work for me. After college I've always had my own businesses and would not have done well working for anyone else. Just not my personality to have someone else tell me what I can or cannot do. And she would be doing that by her being able to play while I couldn't or she would have more freedom than me.

The part that actually I can deal with, and most guys would have a problem with, is the ego issue of my wife possibly wanting to experience another man. That's normal, and I'm secure enough to mostly not have an issue with is he better or whatever. Not saying I'm the best, but if another man is better sexually, I know I bring plenty to the table overall as a man so if another man is better in one area or another, well that's normal. My mental health, ego and well-being is not dependent on what any one person thinks about me, even if it's my wife. But for the reasons mentioned earlier I can't see it working for me.

Well, like I said I should be agnostic. Maybe if her and her lover wore full body condoms and I fucked two women for each man she fucked I can make it work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It was inconsistent

When he proposed it, it was about her, whether she was missing out on anything. She obviously thought he wanted an excuse and even after telling her he didn't, she maintained that stance and came up with the pass.

By accepting it and not changing the names on it he confirmed what she suspected.

Silly man not only got played, he was too much of a loser to take advantage. What's worse is that with the burning of her pass he still owes her a year.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
An original response to a spouse wanting to commit adultery.

If someone tells you to kill them, and you kill them, is it still murder? The wife did not absolve her husband of adultery, she simply gave him terms by which she would tolerate his adultery. And the husband said thank you very much, and proceeded to commit adultery to the best of his ability. Which then revealed that being a husband is not the only thing at which he sucks.

Had the husband met the right person he could have easily come to love and prefer another woman, abandon his wife and children, and move on to what he thinks is a better wife and relationship. That he failed at replacing his stupidly indulgent wife was just luck, but I wonder for whom. The wife now knows that her husband stayed with her because he couldn't find anyone preferable, after a year of looking. And being the dumb shit he is, he will probably give her enough information in the succeeding years that she will eventually figure out that she still has her husband only because no other woman wanted him.

If the marriage endures it will be almost entirely to the wife's credit. But I wouldn't place any bets on it. Once the kids are raised and gone why would she want to settle for a man who essentially settled for what he thinks is the best he can do, a man who at least shopped for her replacement and found no takers. If she sees any opportunity to trade up after the kids are gone why wouldn't, shouldn't she?

I would enjoy the sequel where the husband is now fat and happy and satisfied that his wife is a complacent indulgent saint, and he might as well stay with her, especially since he struck out so badly experimenting with finding her replacement. But then, after the kids are gone, she drops the separation papers on him, in advance of her own experimenting, with the same but more honest intentions. If she can't do any better after a year of looking she'll come back, same as he did. That could be a really interesting Burn The Bastard story.

I'm guess she would have an easier time finding a better man. After all, she's got no place to go but up.

Thanks for an interesting thought provoking story.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 5 years ago
The mystery

An enjoyable reversal of the usual roles. The mystery is why such a wonderful woman would want to stay with a certifiable idiot.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Very good

I love the story and it is by far more realistic than all of those stories about sexual supermen. I would consider myself very good looking (when younger) but it was so many times I walked away from bars feeling really down for wasting money and time. I never liked the scene and I was seriously relieved when I got married. I hated dating scene and would have never risked my marriage for doing something as stupid as the character in this story.

Since this is a story I can take that a spouse would be so tolerant but I believe in real life a man would have serious problem with marriage if attempting something like this. This is a total disrespect for a woman and any marriage has enough challenges as it is without adding such a bonehead test.

Good story though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
50 years

I have never slept with another woman in 50 +years. I would feel like shit if I had . Now I can't have sex anymore with out a little help and I read this junk everyday. I did like this story , but some of them make me feel sad if they were really true !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hehe, enjoyed this one!

Gave me a few chuckles. Thank you for sharing.

Talis

kimi1990kimi1990over 5 years ago
Quite the scenario.

I somehow can't keep from feeling that had it been the wife who concocted the scheme, the screams from the usual suspects for her death and dismemberment, sale to a South American whorehouse and the bludgeoning death of all her conspirators would be heard as far as the rings of Saturn. Reverse the roles, and far from being a "saint," the husband would be vilified as a cuck of the worst sort. Odd, how that works around here.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 5 years ago
Would have become suspicious

When she came to me with this sabatical thing. I would have gps the car put loggers on computer, etc. It was such a short time and the sabatical lasted for one full year. Anybody who believes their friends about having a great sex life going out. Well never trust that.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 5 years ago
Imaginative

Good read. I was able to suspend my disbelief without difficulty.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
A pretty decent story

It is kind of sad how many people keep thinking the grass is always greener on the other side.

I married my wife kind of "Late" in life. I was in my nearly late 20's and she was in her early 30's. We were both in incredible shape because of our daily workout regimes. She was pretty but not necessarily a "Knockout" and I am slightly above average looking. Yes, I could have found a much better-looking wife, face wise, but I felt she had something better going for her..... loyalty and integrity.

Being that I had been a part-time P.I. that mainly investigated cheating wives and girlfriends for people I knew or people they knew, I saw all kinds of women "Fall Down" in their marriages. I knew I didn't want to become that sort of statistic. We have been married for about 20 years and while she has had a few opportunities to cheat on me, I know she hasn't. I, on the other hand, have had virtually thousands of opportunities to cheat on her, some of them were by incredible looking women. But I didn't. Why?

I think it is because I got the silly sex thing out of the way during my younger years. Not to brag, but I have bedded well over a thousand women since the age of 14. Being I am 6'7" 265 lbs and a body that is still chiseled muscle from years of lifting iron and thousands of miles of cardio, I still can soak the panties of a hot 24-year-old woman just by slow dancing with her. But the yearning desire to bang them isn't there anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love sex and a lot of it, but it's only with my wife.

My wife is turning 60 this year and her body isn't nearly as tight as it used to be and the age is showing on her face and neck like most other 60-year-old women. Well, maybe not so much that old, I guess she could still pass for a 50-year-old because we both eat clean and right. I, on the other hand, can easily pass for someone in my late 20' or early 30's simply because of my tight muscular physique and the fact I use a dye for coloring my goatee and mustache. My hair has barely turned grey and being on the lighter side anyway, it is hard to tell.

This difference in our looks from aging has not gone unnoticed by my wife. I know it makes her sad when she looks in the mirror after we both come out of the shower together. But I keep telling her my love for her is beyond looks and runs much deeper than that. She believes me because she knows I am a pretty honest person and tell it like it is.

One time this past summer a waitress (who had been openly hitting on me) made a remark to my wife about how nice it was to see a mother and "Son" going out for dinner together. The look on my wife's face broke my heart. Before we left, I made a point of going up to the manager and telling him about the way his waitress acted, her openly hitting on me in front of my wife and the rude remark she made to my wife. I had never formally met him before but we live in a smaller town and I have quite a large business reputation so he knew who I was.

He apologized for the actions of his waitress and actually asked what I thought should happen to her. Never in my life have I ever demanded someone lose their job over something like that.....until NOW. He agreed and said he would fire her that evening. I told him I would make things easier for him and do it myself. I went back to the table as my wife was gathering her things to leave, called the waitress over, ripped her a new asshole and with a large smile on my face I said, "Just to let you know, I had a talk with your manager about your rudeness to my lovely wife of over 20 years and we both agreed this is your LAST NIGHT, CUNT."

My wife's mouth literally dropped open. Then when she could finally close it, she said, "Thomas (she only uses that name when she is not happy with me), I appreciate you sticking up for me but that was very rude of you". I told her that was how mad I actually was at the waitress and I apologized to my wife for telling the waitress as I did.

Meanwhile, the waitress tore off crying to the bathroom and like the awesome person and Registered Nurse my wife is, she went after the waitress to console her. About 20 minutes later they both came out together holding hands and came back to our table where the waitress apologized to me and once again to my wife. Then my wife grabbed me with the other hand and led us both to the manager and told him that there was just a misunderstanding and the waitress was NOT to be fired.

Needless to say, both the manager and I were dumbstruck and had confused looks on our faces. He simply said, "Yes ma'am" to my wife (something very close to what I am used to saying, Yes Dear, often lol). Then my wife said to me, "Wendy (the waitress's name) will be coming over for dinner this weekend. Do you think you could get that charming young man you recently hired for the Woodshop to join us to introduce Wendy to?" Of course, my answer was...... "Yes Dear".

As we walked out of the restaurant I had this silly smile on my face and my wife asked why I was smiling like that. I just put my arm around her shoulder and told her, "I am just smiling at the fact all those years ago I made the right decision by asking you to marry me and grow old with me".

She knows I have had and still do get countless opportunities to sleep with other women but she also knows, I simply would not do that. One of the reasons I don't, which is much lower down the totem pole from my love for my wife is the fact I know the Grass is NOT always Greener on the other side.

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22over 5 years ago

Olivia should have left his stupid ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This was different to say the least.

People cheat. Hi he reasons don’t matter but everyone is capable of cheating, that is easy. Staying faithful, staying committed, well thats the hard part.

Olivia gave him what he wanted, and kudos to her, she didn’t sit there like a wallflower. She also didn’t leave his ass when she had every right to m, which all of us figured she should.

But in all of this, I’m disappointed in watching a marriage go outside their relationship instead of working on it together, going for counselling or anything else besides straight to infidelity. The path into dissatisfaction is very easy to fall into.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Not sure what comments Kimi was reading. The husband got plenty of well-deserved flack. She should have dumped his ass. No need for the South American whorehouse though, since he failed at cheating and didn't have any plans with his lover to have her killed or to completely fuck her over in a divorce, as the wives in those type of stories usually do.

MollydaKatMollydaKatover 5 years ago
The reason there isn't a Loving Husband category is

Because repressed lesbians will still gravitate to the proper category for their kink , where all our repressed gay fuqs want to post there crappola in here .

Nothing wrong with this story , need more of them . Asswipes of any gender need to get shit on .

boatbummboatbummover 5 years ago
Laughed All The Way Through!

You just knew that the 'flip side' sabbatical notice was coming, and it was a great tee-up for the final drive!

Thanks for the chuckles on a gray, stormy day....

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
Sweet

Not especially erotic; we'll have to classify it as "and more" in the LW category description.

But a nice story, well written as usual for Skippy.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
cumminginsideher

If your going to wow stories, then submit them properly instead of pulling this shit in comments. Nobody believes you're a sixty year old second coming off Adonis who has ladies humiliating his wife and begging for his dick, you old coot.

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
A fairly humilating story

The pity sex would have been the end of the tale.....

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 5 years ago

I'm with Dominant...she should have left his ass. Any guy dumb enough to buy the bullcrap locker room talk of a bunch of guys are lunch is too stupid to keep a good wife.

ValintValintover 5 years ago
Huh

I like the interpretation that the wife had previously cheated, and that the rules she gave him were the ones she followed: It was for less than a year, only on Friday nights (and a few rare weekends), and don't tell anyone. (In fact, the wording is not only that the spouse isn't to be told, but--oddly, to me--that the spouse "has no right to know" about the other spouse's extra-marital activity, which makes more sense if that was her philosophy during her affair.)

So, him signing that she was allowed to cheat, and that he didn't have any right to know about it, was her way of getting retroactive permission, and his year was just her giving him the chance to balance the scales... which he failed at, because he's a schmuck.

That version makes the wife feel more like an actual human being.

Honestly, I'd be curious to see a FTDS kind of follow-up of this take. If the husband finds out, how is he supposed to feel about this: I mean, he tried to sell her on how her having sex with other men would be good for their marriage, and literally said that he didn't want to know and didn't have the right to know if she did, so it feels like her only offenses have been made pretty minor, retroactively.

Going further down the rabbit-hole, I can even see a scenario where the fact that his day to cheat was specified meant that she could have someone keep tabs on him, and had planned on coming clean if he had second thoughts and didn't do it, but the fact that he ended up going to a hotel room with a woman with every intention of sleeping with her (and, as far as she knew, went through with it), means she considers them even. Not her fault he was too hapless to ever seal the deal.

266xxyz266xxyzover 5 years ago
Call me shallow...

But that was hysterical. 😄😅😅 5*

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
For those who think Olivia had been cheating . . .

. . . and used the agreement as retroactive consent: did you miss the end, in which she crumpled up her agreement and threw it in the fireplace?

ValintValintover 5 years ago
Burning the document...

... didn't mean anything.

The husband also burned *his* document, to signify that his sabbatical was over, that he was done with extra-marital sex and he was ready to recommit himself to the marriage. The wife's actions could easily mean exactly the same; there's nothing about burning it that means "I've *never* had extra-marital sex".

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Stupid story with unlikable characters

Mindless clueless husband story. The wife has always been cheating on her sissy loser husband and doesn't really care about him except for what he provides to keep her in her comfy lifestyle. No one to like in this steaming pile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
RR _ pointless argument

For someone like Valint, the man is never wrong The wife always cheated first period, even if there's nothing even slightly hinting at it. You could write a story about some asshole repeatedly cheating on his innocent wife and he would probably find some failed dish washing to prove she's the real slut.

I'm guessing he's deep in cuck rage from some experience of his own involving women cheating on him. Because that dude is broken. Basically another AMyyum\Edrider.

Denny CraneDenny Craneover 5 years ago
Remove the epilogue....

...and it's perfect.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
My wife and I were leaving Krogers yesterday, and . . .

. . . in the sloped parking lot, pushing the grocery cart, I got ahead of her. (I'm 6'2" and she's only 5'0, so I've got a lot longer stride.) as she fell back, this guy somewhere around her age must've thought that she was alone, and started talking to her, something about was she ready for the 4º F temperatures predicted for next week. After he went his merry way, I laughed, and asked her if she understood that he was trying to pick her up. No he wasn't she said, but she was totally clueless; I could see what he was doing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Story Lost Two Stars With The Epilogue

You came so very close to a 5 star story. The Epilogue ruined what could have been a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@26thNC re:don't

You said not to listen to people who boast on the internet about their lives. That's rich coming from you and your "so believable" bio. You really should post as a story, as it's just as made up as this is.

ValintValintover 5 years ago
Heh

Gotta love the anons and their armchair psychiatry.

I'm arguing for the wife having cheated because (a) that makes her a realistic character to me, as opposed to a saint with no self-esteem, and (b) any husband as stupid as this, who tries to sell his wife on how great extra-marital sex will be for the marriage as a trade-off for him getting a chance to step out, doesn't deserve a faithful wife.

IjustcantstopIjustcantstopover 5 years ago
Odd one out

I guess I am the odd one out I loved the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well Done!

Great story!

I firmly believe that everyone deserves another chance, after all someone once said: Experience is something you have after you need it! 5

texxmantexxmanover 5 years ago
Loved the idea

Hard to believe the wife (or anyone) would make such an offer. And I would have preferred an ending that left him sweating.

Good story though!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What

What a load crap.No wife is going to give her husband an agreement like Olivia did unless she is getting poked as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great story

Keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
LMFAO 😂😂😂😂

What fresh bullshit is this? No wife would ever put up with that. No wife would give her husband permission to fuck around on her for a year... BULL FUCKING SHIT... as a wife, my first reaction would've been divorce immediately. There is no such fucking thing as a wedding vow sabbatical. Yeah I know the story is fiction but it still have to make sense.

Baddogie59Baddogie59almost 5 years ago
Great read

Love the ending.

Just have to wonder where the hell do you find any women willing to do this?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Great, great wife!

And much better than that ass deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Fag cuck shit.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
This was cute. Liked it a lot.

Once i was able to accept the premise (which was a stretch) everything else seemed to feel natural.

5-stars.

ctdansctdansover 4 years ago
ending fooled me

First I was shocked she would agree stay faithful for a year and I knew her time was coming. But for her to toss the paper in the fire shocked me.

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Sad...

The idiot husband really was an idiot. Never would his beautiful wife would ever agree to let a average looking husband have a hall pass!!! She would have had affairs before the year was up...

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 4 years ago
Marriage is already gone

Two previous comments pretty much sum up my thoughts. These are -- Anonymous 01/13/19 “An original response to a spouse wanting to commit adultery”; and dark2donut2 01/13/19 “Very good.”

I have been married for longer than the age of many readers here. Successful marriage and happiness depend on the trust, respect, loyalty and integrity. I would not want to live with someone for whom those attributes did not apply.

If I was the wife, I would have asked for a divorce from the husband as soon as he accepted the sabbatical, because the marriage’s foundation had disintegrated at that point. I would have seriously wondered about the husband’s sanity or intelligence in not recognizing that this could not end up as a one-way street.

But this is fiction and authors are allowed to take their stories forward, and this was an entertaining and unique romantic comedy, albeit not with the ending I would have done.

calflashcalflashabout 4 years ago
ending

He would have deserved it if his wife went thru with her sabbatical

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Now!

this is what Loving Wives stories suppose to be not some cuck stories. very well written and funny too. I liked it. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I think she played him

Going with the remote chance a wife would do this I have to think she knows he is not a hunk that would get any woman anyway and you know that she was going do her year regardless of the paper.

Now do they stay together is the question.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

Kudos to Olivia!! Well played! 5*

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

Entertaining though I doubt any wife would put up with this without seriously damaging the marriage. Even in the most committed and trustworthy marriages there are times of disagreement, why would anybody want to tempt it in a such a stupid manner. In other words the "hubby" character is utterly stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Any reader that believes such a scenario going down truly lives in fantasy land. Any author trying for realism would not even attempt to pass this story off as believable fiction. So Fantasy it is for readers whom are into nonsense. But taking this

story as is, the husband has to be moron and the wife an absolutely understanding saint not to have been handing him divorce papers instead of a year long hall pass. As a fantasy story-7 stars..as a believable story -1 star..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Weird story line of totally unreal crap that would never fly, except on the flight to divorce court!

Then it was suddenly dropped into the black hole of zero endings!

Well that was a waste- of your writing talent and our reading effort!

You have proven you can do better!

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

I do believe everyone needs to realize this is the reverse of the usual woman wanting a "break".

Anyone else notice that no one called the wife names after but if it were the other way the hubby would be a cucky boy.

See how the moniker "misogynist" is easy to apply to the majority of readers here. If the hubby is allowed back as is well, if the wife is allowed back hubby is a loser.

You make it all too easy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice. Two wrongs don't make a right, but two one-eighties maintain a straight course. Fun stuff, thank you. LWlurker

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

He is one lucky A-hole to have a wife like her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

As a circuit court Judge, I can tell you that generally it is the female that "wonders" from the vows. However I have seen many men that have been as foolish as this poor fool. Good story with strong moral fiber and conviction. He is very lucky indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The language would not be allowed, even here, much by myself, so I'll just say - by golly, possibly your first 8!!!!! And it even had an ending. Be still my heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

HE is first rate ausholen and loser.

He needs to turn in his man credentials.

She is a Peace of a wife that any man with 2 oz of graw matter, which obviously doesn't, would do anything to cherish and keep.

She is a saint, or the male equivalent of a cuck. She should just burn the guy to the ground and go find a better one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lol to the commenters who claim that women cheat more often. Hah bs! Men are 1.5x more likely to have an extramarital affair at least once in their marriage (29% vs 19% by ages 40-59) and men are less likely to forgive adultery: 40% of men vs 59% of women when the wronged parties will not seek divorce within 5 years of discovery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

people on the obvious prowl like this guy and all the various cunts he ran into, all the men looking to score a nasty "piece " bla bla bla are pieces of turd like effluvium floating in the cesspool of life. they should have all got ccp virus and died, none of them would be missed, the rest of the world, life, family work, sports would continue on w/o as much as a hiccup or belch. Need to realize, most people are shit, possibly good or useful in some tiny coglike way, but necessary for world to continue; not. Most pimples are small minded, selfish narcissistic and slightly evil, more concerned w/ appearance that qualitative depth of character. My figure is of 7.3 billion, i wish the ccp virus had taken at least 4bil: more personal space, less hysteria and panic about BS, less meanness[not that remainder wldnt be pretty much like those dead] but fewer piple means less evil etc, less unelitist scum looking down they noses and trying to dicktate to us, lesser mortals, how to conduct ourselves as they set new levels and records of debauchery and moral corruption..wife was only interesting party in this demeaning pos. rk

slowhand21slowhand2112 months ago

Kick him to the curb.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi41049 months ago

Amusing tale. She let him off far too lightly, of course.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Of course it's the complete assholes like this that find the amazing loyal and devoted wives. Typical.

JRandyJJRandyJ4 months ago

Your MC was a idiot, She should divorce (I'll never misspell that word, "Thanks Tammy") and burn the bastard

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

MC is a loser. He was just lucky enough to have found and married an amazing, mature, and faithful wife. She is too good for him. Her stunt at the end was priceless. However, would have been more appropriate maybe of she did not throw the agreement in the fire. She is practically a saint.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous