We're a Wonderful Wife Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I didn't, I just..."

"Tôi là một trinh nữ!" Lanh shrieked at the top of her lungs, she just announced to all Vietnamese speaking people in the building that she was a virgin. "In two months I am going to my husband untouched, but now how many people think I am a whore because of your words? HOW MANY?"

"I'm sorry... I wasn't thinking..."

"Wasn't thinking," she sneered, "that must reflect on Battleview educational standards. You disgust me. Go away." Her family stood up and started to move toward Danny, who suddenly realized he had no exit because Tam, Trung, and Bao stood immediately behind him. Danny went pale when he realized that he was in serious trouble. But it was Lanh who yelled "Dừng lại! Stop! Let him go!"

Danny looked at her in terror, and Don walked up to him and hissed "You better remember that the woman you called a whore just saved your life. Git the fuck out of here." And Danny fled as fast as he could. His coach came up to Lanh who was now shaking and holding Don's arm as tight as she could.

"I'm sorry Miss Nguyen, I don't know what got into his head and I won't insult you with excuses. Is there anything I can do for you?"

Lanh shook her head and buried her face in Don's chest. "We're used to it coach," said Don, then he brightened slightly, "this is the first time we won, right em yêu?" She nodded, then wiped her nose on his jacket, mostly because it will annoy him, so she wanted to show that her sense of humor was intact. "Go coach Rosa," he said, and after a little kiss. "Go make her win." Lanh nodded her head and was off to coach her friend. Then, shaking hands with as many of Lanh's family as he could, Don sat down with his new relatives to watch the girls' races.

Normally he would have made his way back to his waiting area to concentrate on his upcoming race, but now that Lanh is involved in Rosa's race, it's important for him to cheer Rosa on. The last spectators were now filing in, and Grandma Tri was among them. Kim-ly and one of her cousins went to escort her to their section, and when they came back, they also brough Ralph and Sandy whom they found sitting at the other end of the stands.

They made room for Ralph and Sandy near the front row next to where Don was sitting, and before they sat down Don turned to the Phams and the Nguyens and said "Folks, this is my dad Ralph and his friend Sandy. Dad... this is the in-laws." After shaking as many hands as possible they sat down to watch the girls' races.

Ralph leaned over and asked Don, "Are they all coming to the wedding?"

"You betcha."

"We're going to have to get a few more chairs and porta-potties."

Rosa was completely ready, until she stepped up on the block and heard over the loudspeaker, "In lane six, from Grant Valley High School, making their first appearance in girls two-hundred-yard free style final in over twenty years, Rosa Mendez." Twenty years! She had no idea that the drought was that long, now she was terrified of becoming the girl who had a chance and blew it. She waved nervously and one whole section of the stands rose cheering for her loudly, it was her team and Lanh's family.

"Go get 'em chica!" called Lanh from behind her, and Rosa grinned, it was time to kick ass. Then she heard the PA, "Swimmers ready..." She crouched in her stance until GO!

Rosa's form was flawless, her entry dive off the block was a thing of beauty, and her pace was faster than normal, but she was feeling good. Soon she could hear the crowd crying Nhanh lên! with every breath. Always pushing to go faster she churned through the water, as the pain began to set in, there was the bell, last length! The chant changed to Đi đi mau! Đi đi mau! That's when Rosa really dug in, pulling and kicking like never before, her arms and legs aching, her lungs burning but the cheers and chants spurred her on, then suddenly, there was the wall. Her arm shot out and she hit the wall perfectly, it's over! She looked up at the board and saw that the victory went to lane six. She looked to her left, then to her right before she realized "Holy crap, it's me!" She was in lane six!

The cheering was deafening, and the other swimmers came over to congratulate her. Coach Mach and Lanh helped her out of the pool to more cheering and hugs and Don came out of the stands to congratulate her. "That's my girl!" said Don.

"So, if Lanh stands you up, I'm next, right?" Rosa grinned.

"I think it goes, Tam, then Kim-ly, then you."

"There's hope!" she laughed, then swatted him on the butt, "Go get ready farm boy!"

"Aye, aye ma'am." Then after congratulating Lanh with a kiss, he headed back to the ready area.

~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~

Don stood behind his block, shaking his arms to loosen them up, his cap on, goggles at the ready. As they introduced the swimmer in lane two, he turned to Lanh and said, "I love you, this is all because of you and your faith in me."

Her response startled him, "Shut up and win you sexy thing. I may have a new surprise for you." She wagged her perfect eyebrows at him, then pointed to the block. "Go win for me."

There was no time for a response because over the PA they heard "In lane three, from Grant Valley high school, Don Campbell." He climbed up on the block and waved to the cheering crowd then began to visualize his start. He played the starting dive over and over in his head, so deep in concentration he didn't hear "In lane five, from Battleview High School, current state class A champion, Danny Torito."

He put on his goggles then crouched, toes gripping the edge of the block. "Swimmers ready..." GO! He felt like the dive was awful, he was positive he was slow off the block and the dive took him too deep. He swam underwater as hard as he could to make up for his blunder, dolphin kicking as hard as possible in the vain attempt to catch up to the pack, then he pulled as hard as he could with both arms to breech the surface. A huge lungful of air because he was so behind in breathing that he's going to have to go several strokes before he can take the next breath. Now go!

Cursing himself for such a blunder he thrashed the water, his legs kicking the pool to foam, "I gotta catch up, I can't embarrass Lanh." Then the thought of what Torito did to her caused his anger to boil in his blood, he was no better than Joshua Grimes, and Grimes tried to rape her. Those bastards! OH DAMNIT! Because he was concentrating on those assholes, he lost track of his position and nearly plowed into the wall. He was so late when he did his flip turn that he was closer to the wall than normal. He kicked off as hard as he could and now, he was seething with anger for three people, Torito, Grimes, and himself for screwing up so bad. Damnit, damnit, damnit!

Not knowing that his entry dive was the best he's ever done, and his last turn actually kicked him in the lead, Don swam hard, believing he had to catch up. Now he could hear the crowd chant with every breath, Nhanh lên! Nhanh lên! Faster! Faster! His last turn brought the bell clanging and he was now on the last length and as usual the cheers grew, and now Đi đi mau! Đi đi mau! GO GO ! GO GO! Last chance to catch up! Still believing he was behind Don dragged himself through the water, his pace now at a blazing sprint, the crowd on their feet cheering and screaming, and finally he got one thing right; he stretched out at the start of a stroke and tagged the wall! He looked up at the scoreboard and for some perverse reason he looked at the time for lane five first, damn! That's a state record time... but he didn't win, the win light is on for lane three!

"I won?" he gasped as the crowd went crazy. His time was a full half second faster than Torito, and Torito's time was almost a second faster than the state record, Don finished his last race winning the State Championship and set a record in doing it.

Lanh knelt at the edge of the pool and smiled at him "Yeah, you won!" He reached up and lifted her into the pool with him. She kissed him, which was a shock, normally they don't kiss in public because her family frowns on it, and if they do it's a chaste little peck, but this was a kiss full of passion and fire, a kiss that promised so many things to come. He couldn't wait to find out what this new surprise she promised him would be.

Later at the medal presentations, Lanh zipped up Don's warm-up jacket and they touched foreheads as they whispered to each other, ignoring the world around them. "I'm so proud of you," she said softly.

"I couldn't have done it without you. Every stroke was for you. You're two and oh coach."

She gave him her naughty girl smile, "I hope you have a few more strokes saved up for next month... oops, you're up!" A race official came to take Don to the podium. Lanh urged him to go and soon Don was standing on a podium for the second time. After the medals were presented, a reporter came up to Don and asked him how he did it.

Don smiled and said "I couldn't have done it without my coaches, my dad, and some last-minute inspiration from my buddy Danny Torito at Battleview. Tell 'em what you told me Danny!"

Danny gave Don a hate filled look and just muttered "Fuck you," and he slunk away.

As they rode back home in the comfort of Mai and Duong's caddy, he tried to get her to whisper what the secret was to him, but she refused, and eventually he stopped asking when overtaken by a well-deserved sleep.

~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~

Don and Lanh were studying in the cafeteria near the end of the day in the corner where the outcasts sit in silence, at the table they call "our table." Rosa and Sydney were also there, quietly making their plans for the wedding when the guidance counselor/athletic director, Mr. Mach caught up with them. "I've been trying to get ahold of you Miss Nguyen, can we talk?"

"We need to finish up here before head out to work," said Lanh, not looking up from the paper she was writing, "we don't have much time." Don has a shift at her parents' restaurant, and she promised Don's dad that she would help with calf inoculations right after school.

"I'll just make it quick," he said. He sat down in a chair and said, "At the graduation, the school board has said that they won't let the principal introduce you as Mrs. Donovan Campbell if you're not married yet."

"So?" Lanh was confused, that never came up as a request on her part, and Don wouldn't have requested that, would he? Their wedding is planned for three days after the graduation ceremony, not before.

"So, instead the principal is going to have to introduce the class valedictorian as Miss Lanh Nguyen."

"Hmmm? Ok." Lanh clearly didn't get it. But Don picked up on it right away, with a loud whoop he jumped up and scooped Lanh out of her chair and spun around holding her tight.

"You did it em yêu! You did it!" he cried.

To be honest, there was never a question about who was going to be the valedictorian at the graduation ceremony, Lanh Nguyen's GPA was perfect, the real battle was for salutatorian. There was not a stain on her academic record, and she had two letters, one for debate team (captain), and one letter for swimming when she became the timekeeper for the swim team. Her only regret was that Don was not in the running for salutatorian, but he had a disastrous freshman year, so his graduating in the top ten percent was quite an achievement. Lanh was so happy for his academic turn-around that she reveled in his accomplishments and standing, and almost completely ignored hers.

She honestly didn't know where she stood in the academic race for top honors, and unlike her siblings she didn't care, tutoring Don was the most important academic achievement to her. Suddenly realizing what Mr. Mach said, Lanh found herself laughing and hugging Don in the cafeteria, and a photographer for the school paper who was alerted to Mr. Mach's plans captured the moment on film.

The position of valedictorian was completely forgotten by Lanh. School, work, swim team, debate team, and wedding plans, so much to do, and then trying to find time to be alone with Don! so the announcement came as a complete surprise. Lanh wasn't sure if she was more excited by the honor, or by Don's excitement in her receiving the honor. He spun her around and held her tight before he set her feet back on the ground and gave her a gentle kiss.

Mr. Mach caught sight of the gold on Lanh's finger, "You guys are really going to do it, aren't you?" She showed him her engagement ring and he asked, "When did you start wearing that?"

"Christmas eve," she said.

"You didn't notice?" asked Don.

"I guess not..." sputtered Mr. Mach.

"Wait a minute, we have something for you," said Lanh and she threw her bookbag on the table and opened it. "I couldn't find your address so I couldn't mail it," she muttered as she rifled through her bookbag, she finally produced a white and gold envelope and handed it to Mr. Mach just as the dismissal bell rang.

"Sorry sir, gotta go," said Don as he and Lanh collected their papers and books, "Gotta drop her off at my farm where my dad is going to put her to work, and I have to report in at her restaurant for my job."

"By-ee!" cried Lanh as the two hustled out the door.

Mr. Mach smiled and carefully opened the ornate envelope; a wedding invitation decorated in gold flowers and dragons. He's never received a wedding invitation from two of his students before, at least not while they were still his students. He shook his head and smiled then went to find a phone. His wife, Leann, is going to want to hear this new chapter in the saga of Don and Lanh.

As they rattled out to Campbell's farm in Don's beat up old GMC pickup truck, Lanh was running down her list of things to do before the wedding, which now included writing a valedictorian address to the graduating class. "I don't know how to write a valedictory!" she complained, "what do I say?"

"You have five older brothers and sisters, you probably sat through five graduations," said Don, "what did their valedictorians say?"

"There was only four, Bao and Kim-ly graduated together. They went something like this: Blah, blah, blah, our best years are ahead of us... yadda, yadda, yadda, don't ever forget our years together... blah, blah, blah, we're going to change the world, yadda, yadda, yadda, I owe it all to my parents and my teachers. Amen." While she recited her memories of forgettable valedictory speeches, Lanh had stripped down to bra and panties and was folding up her nice slacks and blouse. She put her tiny foot up on the dashboard and rolled down her thigh high stockings one by one and coiled them all up and put her clothes in the gym bag that was left in the pick-up.

"God, your feet are cute, hey... wasn't Tam her class valedictorian?"

"Yeah," said Lanh as she dug her bluejeans and t-shirt out of her gym bag. "So was Huy and Trung."

"Why don't you ask them?"

Lanh turned to Don, her eyes wide in shock that he would say such a thing. "Because I want to make a GOOD speech!"

"Awwwww, you wore a bra," complained Don once he finished laughing, "why did you do that?"

"Because this happens whenever I see you!" she complained and lifted up her bra cups to expose her delightful, firm teacup size breasts with prominent, and erect, dark pink nipples. Without her bra, her nipples would have been clearly on display. "They are for you to see, not the whole school." She put her bra back and began to unfold her blue jeans. It had taken her forever to find a pair of jeans that looks good on a tiny pair of hips like hers. Don swung into a neighbor's field access driveway and stopped the truck. As soon as Lanh heard the ratchet of the emergency brake pedal, she launched herself at Don.

They ended up stretched out on the front seat, Lanh wearing only her panties laying on Don and kissing deeply, her bra now on the dashboard. Their hands roamed over each other's bodies, and Lanh's entire left breast ended up in Don's mouth. He suckled at the trembling eighteen-year-old's flesh voraciously. Finally, she pushed up, reluctantly pulling her breast from its delicious trap with a pop. "Stop," she gasped, "I still want to wear white at our wedding."

"You keep rubbing against my crotch like that and we'll both be wearing white in a few seconds," he said with a lecherous grin.

She gave him a playful swat on the arm. "Work first, then reward." They will have time for rewards later tonight after work.

"You only say that because you know I'll do anything for you," sighed the young man as he pulled his tiny fiancé close. He had opened his shirt so he could feel her warm skin pressing against his.

"Say it," she whispered into his ear as she snuggled as close as she could, "Tell me again."

Don knew exactly what she wanted to hear. "I Donovan Aloysius Campbell, take you, Nguyen Huong Lanh, to my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, 'till death do us part."

Lanh ran her hand on his chest under his shirt and hummed her approval, then "I, Nguyen Huong Lanh, take you Donovan Aloysius Campbell to my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, 'till death do us part." They kissed and wished that this was the last time they had to say these words. Just a few more weeks!

Finally, Don asked, "why don't we say, 'all the days of my life'? 'Till death do us part' is so morbid."

"Because what if one of us dies?" Lanh looked shocked. "All the days of my life means that one of us ends up a lonely widow. I don't do well on my own, I bored six goldfish to death, my poor little goat runs away when I talk to her. If you go before me, I'm going to go find one of the frat boys that Kim-ly tosses aside and make him buy me a new farm."

"Fair enough," smiled Don, "Nothing to worry about, I plan to live forever. What does your middle name Huong mean?"

"It means I have a big penis," she said with a straight face, "it's where the English phrase 'well huong' comes from. She held her serious expression long enough for Don to think she truly was serious, then she started laughing.

"No, serious."

"I do! Like yours!"

"If you had a penis, I would have seen it by now," said Don.

"I gave it up for lent," she insisted, then she started giggling and rubbing her crotch against his hardening cock.

"Seriously, what does it mean?"

"Huong is a flower, a pink rose. That's why rose quartz is my favorite mineral." Which explained the samples of pink rose quartz rocks she showed him on the one time she allowed him in her room to meet her goldfish, Marissa. "Your turn," she countered, "what does Aloysius mean?"

"It means Famous Warrior."

She kissed him one last time before they had to get going, "What are you famous for?"

"I don't know, I think it's one of those names you have to aspire to." Then thinking ahead to his upcoming enlistment he said, "Hopefully, I will become famous for not getting blown up."

~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~

Lanh loves calf vaccinations because she gets to comfort the calves, even though they're bigger than she is. After the last calf was vaccinated and the calf returned to its mother, Lanh was going to head up to the hay loft to pull down a few bales for the evening milking when she noticed a wire broken on the barbed wire fence not far from the barn. She headed over to the tractor shed for the fencing tools and found that the coffee can that holds the soft metal crimps was empty. The soft metal crimps make repairing broken barbed wire fences easy. "Don must have been working the fence line again," she muttered. The pasture fence had several breaks from the winter that they've been repairing as the snow melted.