We're a Wonderful Wife Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Don sighed as he grabbed a series of little bottles of breast milk that Karole had expressed and handed them to Huy. "It's not the same dream, they're different. The first night I was in my cell, I dreamed that Karole and I were burying Lanh." Don found a diaper bag and started filling it with Karole's underwear. "We had an urn, this awful purple urn, that gross shade of purple that Lanh likes, and it was full of Lanh's ashes. It was New Year's Day and we were back by the pond and we buried her urn near our campsite. We even covered it with a huge chunk of rose quartz. Grab that bikini."

"That's scary," said Huy when he found Karole's bikini and held it up to admire.

"It's just a bikini."

"No," groaned Huy, "your dream, it was scary."

"No, it was horrible, I woke up screaming, I was under my cot looking for Lanh's grave. I spent the rest of the night talking to some shrink the county brought in." Don grabbed all of Krissy's onesies and socks and put them in a shopping bag, then grabbed all of her diapers and handed them to Huy. "That wasn't the scary part though."

Loaded down with Karole and Krissy's clothes they went back down to the basement, came out through the back steps and started replacing the plywood and bricks on the basement stairs, Huy asked, "So what was the scary part?"

"Picture this, I'm burying Lanh's urn and Karole is helping. The whole family is standing ten feet away watching, yet at the same time Lanh and Karole are standing behind the family watching." Don stopped and looked up at the sky. The night sky was dark and foreboding, the stars were bright pinpoints and Don and Lanh's star, Arcturus, was not visible and Don was filled with terror.

"There you have it, proof that this whole thing is just a bug in your head," said Huy. "Lanh couldn't stand behind ANYTHING and still see what you're doing.

Don stopped and glared at Huy, then he scoffed for a moment, then laughed. "You dick. Thanks. I needed that, there's been too much seriousness in my life."

"I've got more Lanh being short jokes if you want them."

"Nah, I'm good."

The next morning, they sent Karole and Lanh off to work and then Don, Krissy, Huy, and Ahnjong went out to breakfast. "Any dreams last night?

"No, I was sleeping with Lanh. When I sleep with Lanh or Danhy I usually sleep pretty good, it's when I nod off alone is when that dream hits, it gets pretty bad."

"Donny?" laughed Huy, "You said you HATE being called Donny."

"I do," nodded Don as he sipped a fresh cup of coffee then went back to feeding Krissy. "But he likes it."

Ahnjong whooped with laughter, she had a magical, melodious laugh that rang through the restaurant. "Tell me where that's not hypocritical," she finally got out.

Don looked surprised. "My name is Donovan; my nickname is Don. His name is Danh, his nickname is Danhy. Makes perfect sense."

The waitress arrived with their breakfast plates, and she heard the conversation, "Makes sense to me too," she said as she set out the plates. "Is this your son?"

"No, that's his daughter," said Ahnnie, "he's still learning how to dress baby girls." Krissy was swaddled up tight like a newborn in a beautiful blue receiving blanket.

"Oh she's beautiful, how old is she?"

"She'll be three months next week," said Don.

"Oh, so precious! And how old is your son?"

"One month," Don said without thinking as he started to burp Krissy. The look that flashed across the waitresses face for a moment was priceless, and it set off more of Annie's laughter, but Don fumbled and finally said, "Krissy here is my neighbor's daughter, I take care of her, and these jokers call her my daughter. My son is home with his mom," he pointed to Huy and said, "Laughing boy's sister." Krissy punctuated Don's assessment of Huy with a relieving and slightly juicy burp.

An hour later they pulled into Don and Lanh's driveway to find Karole's truck sitting in Don's driveway and Karole sitting in her pickup truck crying her eyes out. "Karole!" said Don as he knocked on the window, she had the truck doors locked and she wasn't responding to knocks on the door. "Karole, open the door, Krissy wants her mommy."

"No one else does," wailed Karole breaking into a fresh round of weeping.

"Karole, open the door!" called Don, but Karole was somewhere else in her agony.

"Karole honey, it's me Annie, come on open the door, Krissy is right out here, she wants to see you."

Karole closed her eyes and leaned her forehead against the steering wheel and shuddered, then she groaned, "ah jus' wanna die." After a few moments she said it again, "git outta my way, ah can't take it... ah'm gonna die... ah gotta go..."

She started the engine and put the truck in reverse and hit the gas and she only stopped when she heard Ahnjong scream in horror, Don was standing behind the truck with Krissy in his arms. Karole stopped when she realized what she almost did and began to shake. Ahn was able to open the door and the Asian woman helped Karole ease out of the truck and helped the weeping Karole into the house led by Don who was carrying a tiny sleeping, Krissy.

Huy remained behind to shut off Karole's truck and he found a letter on the seat stating that because her husband was making and selling illegal drugs out of their home that her medical certification had been revoked. She loved her job and was proud of her accomplishment as a licensed respiratory therapist. She worked her way up from the dirt-poor daughter of a bar slut to a self-made medical icon. Her patients loved her and in two short years she made a huge change in their lives, and now she was gone, tossed aside like an old sock, all based on a lie.

When Lanh got home, she found Don on the phone with a near hysterical Kim-ly who was planning to swing by, drop Danh off then go hunt down Jayce. "I kicked his ass once already; I just want the chance to finish up the job."

"Kim-ly please relax, he's in prison right now," pleaded Don.

"Good! That means he won't get away," snarled Kim-ly. "I'm still pissed at you for stopping me when I had that asshole..."

"Kim-ly, please, just wait until we get..." Don looked up and saw Lanh looking down at him, her brow creased with concern. "Hang on Kim-ly, Lanh is here..." he put the phone on mute and Lanh sat down on his lap.

"What happening?"

"Kim-ly lost her certification because of Jayce, the hospital sent her home," frowned Don. "She's in the bedroom with Krissy and Ahnjong."

"How did that happen? That's insane!" Lanh was in shock, Karole loves her job, she worked so hard to get it.

"He claimed that he built a meth lab in their garage and was selling the crap straight out of their house," said Don. "I have no idea why he would say such a thing. The DEA, FBI, and every cop in Weld County has been next door, there's no evidence that any of that is true."

Lanh frowned, "Jayce is covering for someone. His dealer probably told him to take the fall and he'd let Jayce see something."

"What could the dealer let Jayce see that would be that valuable," asked Don.

"Tomorrow," said Lanh. "We hear a lot of stuff in hospitals, most of my patients are not from model families."

Don nodded sadly, they were protected from this side of life in the military, so when they "rejoined society" they couldn't believe how numbed to the horrors of illicit drugs their peers had gotten. "Here's the phone, Kim-ly and Tam are on the line."

Lanh took the phone and swept into the room with Karole and Ahnjong and turned on the speaker button. Meanwhile Huy looked at Don and said, "what are you going to do?"

"They kicked her out of her house, she lost her job, we can't throw her to the wolves, not with a baby in her arms. She's going to stay here."

Huy said, "No, what I mean was we can take her back to Bemidji with us... we can drop her at the farm. Ma and Rosa would love to have her back at the restaurant. Annie and I can work on getting her certification back."

"That's great," sighed Don. He will miss Krissy but it's probably best for Karole. "It's all up to her."

"There's no rush, Annie and I will stay another day or two while we straighten this mess out. You have a court date tomorrow also, I'm guessing you'll want help with that," said Huy.

"You're not licensed to practice law in Colorado."

"No, but these are federal charges and I'm eminently qualified to give legal aid to someone who chooses to represent himself," grinned Huy.

"I love it when you're sneaky," smiled Don.

"You look like you need a nap."

Don shook his head, "not if Lanh's not here."

"That dream?" asked Huy.

"Yeah, I nodded off when you were in with Karole and Annie and it hit," Don frowned.

Actually, the dream was pretty hot. Don dreamed that he was making love to Karole in his parents' bedroom. It was Christmas eve and they had just put Krissy down to sleep, she was a walking and talking 5-year-old, and they had another baby about 3 months old, he was in a bassinette in the bedroom with them. As they fucked there were 3 angels watching them, the one with the purple hair tips, the blond, and one with shorter, permed blond hair who was wearing a bathrobe that looked like a Santa Claus red with white trim jacket. While Don fucked Karole in the ass, the three angels masturbated themselves and each other. It became a ghostly orgy as he and Karole fucked... but where was Lanh? What the hell was going on? These dreams were driving him crazy.

"You cannot let this continue, it's eating you up," said Huy. "It's going to ruin your relationship with Lanh. I think you need to talk to Tam,"

"Ummm, no. She's not that type of psychiatrist."

"Psychologist," corrected Huy.

"Potato, potahtoe," said Don.

_____________________________________________________

We're a Wonderful Wife continues in Chapter 11 and is merely the background story to A Krissmas Karole. This has become such a delightful world that several side stories have been written, and more are being planned. Look in the Literotica Tag portal for the tag waww for all stories and more pertaining to Don and Lanh and their family. If you have any suggestions where to take the story please let me know, so much has changed for the better from reader feedback!

The 2022 Winter Holiday contest entry A Krissmas Karole is the origin of this series. Originally intended as a short back story to A Krissmas Karole, We're a Wonderful Wife took on a life of its own and with each chapter it actually changed the structure of A Krissmas Karole.

1...345678