Were in the City Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The destruction of the Richard Pack can't be Jacob's & Liam's fault. If the Richard alpha mantle was lost when Jacques Richard died that can't be their fault. Jacques' sons are no better than their father and they needed someone to blame for everything when it was a mess of the Richard Alpha's own making. Mark and Stephen Richard used whatever power, influence, deals, threats they could to get Jacob and Liam condemned by the Council without proper trial -- they were not there to defend themselves or to tell the truth, because the Richards don't want the truth to be known. The truth is that neither of them deserved the mantle and the pack would never have accepted either of them even if one of them had received it!"

Jenkins said, "So I shouldn't report them to the Council because the sentence is unjust? Maybe it is, and maybe I don't like it, but I am a member of the Council and I am required to follow the rules. If I don't report them and it's ever discovered that I didn't all the Council's power and the Richard family's power, influence and threats will land on me and mine. We are doing well but we are not a rich or powerful Pack. If they isolate us my wolves may not find mates, our safety and security will be threatened, they could have me killed, my pack could be scattered -- it could go that far. I can't take chances with my pack's safety."

Jessie looked over at the twins. This was where things were going to get more dangerous for the three of them.

"What if I told you that protecting us, not just keeping who and where we are quiet, but working with us and helping to keep us safe, could make your pack's future better, remove the threats from others who live all the way across the continent from here. What if there was a way to get rid of the Richard influence? Would you be interested in something like that?"

Jenkins laughed, "You know a way to neutralize the Richard family? Nobody knows how to do that, and it's been tried a few times. Each attempt has failed, as I'm sure these two men with you can tell you. The Richards want them dead for much more than just their father's murder -- it's also for everything they've done since."

Beth caught Jessie's eye, looking worried and shaking her head. Jessie was pretty sure Beth now knew where this discussion was going.

Jessie smiled, "Nobody had me before."

"You?! Really? A young rogue Alpha will take them all on? I saw you get dragged across the parking lot behind us. You don't stand a chance."

Jessie frowned, "Why does every wolf jump right to the physical fighting part? As someone once told me ... ", she smiled at Jacob, "... you live longer by outwitting your enemies, not fighting them."

Jessie's other half suddenly offered an idea. It startled her but it made sense. She'd try it on Jenkins.

Jessie looked at Jenkins, "Ok, what the heck, let's go there for a minute. Scale of 1 to 10 ... how strong are you compared to the other Alphas on the Council?"

Jenkins laughed, "That is a very difficult question to answer."

Dean and Beth spoke at the same time, "Eight!"

Jessie sneered, "Pleeeese, no way ... he's a one maybe a two at most ... I could wipe the floor with him ... so go ahead, challenge me, right here, right now." She stood up and walked forward, stopping half way to him. Staring directly into his eyes, she said "You say I'm weak ... prove it big boy! You are just afraid to lose to a fledgling!"

She heard the others gasping, Jacob exclaiming "Jessie, what the hell!" Jenkins couldn't stop his Alpha wolf ... he took the bait. He stood up and took the two steps needed to stride right into Jessie's space. She could tell he was about to shift.

She reached out her bare hand and grabbed his, keeping her eyes on his. "STAND STILL. DON'T MOVE, DON'T SHIFT". She stepped back.

Jenkins looked like a statue, there wasn't a twitch ... or a breath! Jessie watched his eyes as he realized he wasn't able to get any air. She waited long enough for him, and the others, to understand what was happening before she stepped back, took his hand and gave him a lifeline. "STAY STILL, BUT BREATHE."

Jenkins took several urgent breaths, his body shuddering. He looked like he wanted to speak, but couldn't. His eyes told her he was furious, confused, and nervous. Everyone else was standing, staring, Beth and Dean trying to decide what to do. They would still be able to talk mind-to-mind with their Alpha -- Jessie would have loved to know what they were saying to each other.

"I have teeth and talons, and I'm learning how to use them ... and I have other abilities that can be very useful or deadly which I won't hesitate to use when necessary. I would rather consider the Jenkins Pack an ally than an enemy -- we have much we can offer each other and I think we want many of the same things. I want to make a safe place for my family and if that means breaking the Richards I am going to do it. I don't intend to be foolish about it. If we join forces we'll plan for it, take the time it takes, but I'm going to do it."

Jessie took Jenkins' hand again, "YOU MAY MOVE OR SHIFT AS YOU WISH". She let go as he staggered backwards and sat down with a thump on the nearest log.

"Fucking hell! How did you do that!?"

Jessie shrugged, "It's just a part of who I am. I can read and affect any Were I touch skin-to-skin. The weaker a person is, the easier it is." She smiled at Jenkins, "You are a strong Alpha ... it is easier for me to affect your physical responses than to try to affect your thoughts and decisions."

Jenkins gestured for everyone to sit back down. Taking a deep breath, he said, "You are full of surprises, and those surprises could be quite useful in whatever you intend to try, but I don't see how you can succeed. Entire packs have gone to war with the Richards and their allies ... and lost. I won't risk my pack that way."

Jessie shook her head, "I wouldn't ask you to do that, and I don't intend to go after them that way. As you say, that way would very likely fail. I have other ideas. We three need time and a safe place to work on those ideas. Which means we need to remain hidden as long as possible."

"If you keep our secret, we'll promise never to tell anyone that is what you've done. We'll protect you. If we can help you with anything, we will. If you learn anything that would be useful to our cause, you will tell us. One day, when I need it, I would like to be able to count on your support in the Alpha Council."

Jenkins looked astonished, "You think you'll become a member of the Council? That's not possible."

"Why not? I'm an Alpha."

"A rogue without a Pack, without any power or influence. The Council would not allow it, they would see no point to it."

Jessie smiled, "That's why we need time. I have to claim what is mine first, then they'll have to include me."

Beth spoke up, "Why do you want it? Live your life in the shadows and at least you'll live."

Jessie shook her head, "I can't do that Beth. I have to try and make a difference, change things for the better. If what you think is happening is really happening, then I'm supposed to do it ... and I want to do it. I choose this."

Jenkins looked at Beth, then at Jessie, "Who are you?"

Jessie looked at Jacob and Liam with a question in her eyes. They both nodded. She pulled the medallion -- what Mark Richard had called the Richard Alpha's Chain of Office - out from under her shirt so it was now visible hanging from her neck. She stood up and walked over to Jenkins, holding out her hand. He stood and took it.

"Hello. My name is Jessie Taylor. I am the great-granddaughter of Jacques Richard. I carry the Richard alpha mantle. I am going to take the Richard Pack Trust away from the assholes who've been holding it for far too many years and make them all irrelevant or dead. I'm going to protect my family. Care to join me in making a part of the Were world a safer, better place?"