Were in the City Ch. 27

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Then it's the Council, showing everyone I'm incompetent? Maybe showing Mark Richard he's got a way in, that we can't protect this place and ourselves?"

Liam sighed, "If I had to guess, it's the Council undermining you. The weaker you look, the less likely others will come to our aid. Make your pack doubt you too. Whoever did this has to know we'll react by strengthening our security, they can't think we are stupid. It will be much harder to get in after this, so it's worked against Mark Richard's interests to have done it - at least in the short term."

She turned to look at them both. "I know I've resisted the idea of arming every adult and turning this place into a fortress, but I guess we have to."

Jacob nodded, "Most of the adults here have experience with weapons and fighting as wolves already Jessie, we are not starting from scratch, but you tore the pack structure apart and we have to do daily drills together starting today. We need to rest for a few hours, then our whole focus has to be security for the next few weeks."

Jessie sighed, "I was going to check on the status of our electronic security systems today. Whoever trashed them on their way out certainly knew what they were doing, we are still waiting for some new parts."

Beth walked out with a tray piled high with sandwiches, "First eat something, then rest." She grinned, "And I want Jessie to shift so I can see your faces when you get a look at what's happened to her."

"Huh?"

"I might have gone through the gryphon equivalent of puberty ... I'm a bit different now."

She quickly pulled off her clothes and changed, enduring their inspection. All three of them yanked on her horns, agreeing that they looked strong enough to be used as weapons, and Jacob was very pleased with her new size.

You will give any Werewolf second thoughts about challenging you in this form now. Good!

Liam laughed, Just stare at them with those huge glowing golden eyes, they'll run away with their tail between their legs. You don't seem to be blinking very often, its ... different ...

Beth said "creepy" ... am I creepy?

Liam wrapped his arms around her neck and kissed her nose. Only a little, and in a good way, don't worry ...

She shifted back and they ate quickly before going upstairs to get some sleep.

Shower first? Liam asked, wiggling his eyebrows at her.

She sighed and smiled, putting a hand in one each of her treasures'. If it is possible to be quick, then yes. And just a shower, however tempting it may be ... I'm too tired to do anything else right now!

Liam opened the door and she walked through into the master bedroom first ... and froze. The scent was overwhelming. Behind her both Jacob and Liam were growling and shifting, then they pushed past her to search the room.

The large bed was a mess, it looked like something had clawed it to pieces, bits of mattress and pillows covered the floor. The balcony door was open but the fresh air wasn't helping, the smell was incredibly powerful. Male ... and not a wolf. It was familiar somehow but she couldn't place it.

How did no one notice this?

Probably no one came up here, assuming there was no reason to. There was no scent of an intruder on the ground floor.

So how did he get in here?

Jacob was sniffing around the balcony. Through this door, but how he got up here, and then left, without leaving any sign below I have no idea.

Liam was staring at her.

What?

You ok? No special feelings about what you smell?

No, other than it reeks and I'm hoping there's something that will kill the smell or I'll never be able to sleep in here again.

He huffed and nodded, and Jessie could tell he was relieved. Why? Suddenly she realized why the scent was familiar. It smelled a bit like her, like a gryphon ... a male gryphon. She wasn't the only one of her kind!

****************************

Mark Richard's POV

France

He could not believe what he was hearing. His hand shook violently as he yelled into the phone, "You were there, right there, you could have finished her ... and you called it off!?"

The voice on the other side of the call remained calm, and firm. "Yes."

"What the fuck?! I paid you a great deal of money. You have your reputation to think of. I will ruin you for this!"

"Your fee will be returned in full. Don't threaten me, any action against me would be a serious mistake."

"Damn you! Everyone said you were the best, you never fail ... lies, fucking lies."

He threw the phone against the wall, ending the call.

No one seemed capable of doing what he wanted. Enough. He was going to have to take care of this himself.