All Comments on 'Westbound Pt. 02'

by GentlemanMariner

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
orflash64orflash64almost 4 years ago
Very little rewrite to this part.

Having read Westbound 1,2, and 3, I don't see much of rewrite to this part. I guess that will be in part 3. Is it a typo or is one of the slaves speaking in a accent? There is good tension build in this story, just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

teehaateehaaalmost 4 years ago
I like your stories...

and this one is absolutely no exception.

I also appreciate the idea that slavery in your universe isn't really permanent. That covers a lot of holes like what to do with elederly and infirm 'slaves', or with children of them. It makes the universe less harsh and therefore more believable.

writingsomethingnewwritingsomethingnewalmost 4 years ago
I love the world

You should be very proud of what you write. It is all very good. I especially want to congratulate you on the world building. Reading literotica stories is such a better experience when it feels like the world is being lived in and I wished is was something more authors would take the time to do.

-writingsomethingnew

writingsomethingnewwritingsomethingnewalmost 4 years ago
PS

I went back and reread chapter 1 and realized I left a very similar comment on that one, too. I'm just really impressed by your writing. Looking forward to the last chapter and to the other story that you're working on.

GentlemanMarinerGentlemanMarineralmost 4 years agoAuthor
teehaa

Thanks, I'm so glad you're enjoying it! And I agree about the lengths of slavery terms: the world I've built is sometimes called "bleak" and "gritty," and removing most life slavery makes it a little less so, so we can concentrate on the more interesting aspects :)

GentlemanMarinerGentlemanMarineralmost 4 years agoAuthor
orflash64

Yes, Mary has a strong rural Oklahoma accent, combined with the speech patterns of a woman who dropped out of school at an early age. I hinted at it in the earlier chapter, but emphasized it more in this one.

GentlemanMarinerGentlemanMarineralmost 4 years agoAuthor
writingsomethingnew

BELIEVE me, I am not even a tiny bit upset about your similar comments (I hadn't even realized it until you pointed it out)! :D

Seriously though, thank you for all of your kind words and encouragement, I appreciate it more than you know.

Also, I'm beginning to think I may actually enjoy the world building as much or more than the storytelling!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I love your work, and this story is quite satisfying so far! I look forward to seeing her future interactions with Linda and Chuy.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 3 years ago

Okay, that was a pretty terrifying cliff-hanger... let's see what happens next. I bet it's really unpredictable, lol.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGentlemanMariner@GentlemanMariner
A gentleman and a mariner with tales to tell. "[T]he best of a Barbary Pirate slave market and the DMV" - Joe_Doe_Stories Update 19 June 2020: Westbound Part 2 has been submitted! Update 27 May 2020: First the bad news: I'm putting "Three Sisters Book 2" on the back burn...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES