Westrons Pt. 12

Story Info
Rewards.
7.8k words
4.89
28.1k
42

Part 13 of the 33 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/13/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,313 Followers

General Vis hadn't changed the direction of her advance, but she did move faster. Her central brigade made contact with the rearguard of the Crolian army. She called in the northernmost wings of our army, and fought a battle near a village called Henach.

She trounced two enemy regiments, and took 600 prisoners. She also captured 4 enemy standards and 9 guns.

Langoret, Avette and I defeated 12 enemy regiments. We took 3,200 prisoners, captured 21 standards and 65 guns. We counted over 1800 dead.

The remainder of the Crolian army melted away. They left behind virtually all of their ammunition and supplies, including the Crown Prince's solid silver dinner plate and all the other luxurious fittings of his sprawling command tent.

Our losses were 262 dead and 471 wounded. Only a small number of those belonged to Avette's regiment. Langoret's and Aneli's regiments had paid heavily for their victory. One in three was a casualty.

Major Chardeia was dead. So was Oshide.

The Crolian Crown Prince was stunned by the swiftness and the magnitude of his defeat - and he didn't even know all of the details yet. He was eager to talk to me; I got the feeling that he wanted to reassure himself that I was some kind of military genius, which would explain how I'd beaten him.

Not a female, nor a Westron, but a male Pylosian.

- "You know, Colonel," he said, "my Royal Father would pay handsomely for the services of such a talented commander as yourself. I am certain that we could match - or easily surpass - what the Westrons are paying you."

- "That's nice to know, Your Highness. But I'm not a mercenary. I'm Pylosian - not Penchen."

- "Land, then? A title? The King could be very generous ..."

I wasn't even remotely tempted. Not after I'd seen the half-eaten corpses in the bastion at Tonol. Not after Oshide.

Besides, the chubby Prince was beginning to get on my nerves. He reminded me of several of my classmates from AFOTA.

I figured out a way to kill two birds with one stone. I called Captain Faregil to my tent. She was a brown-eyed, brown-haired woman, who looked far too pretty to be such an effective officer.

- "Captain, I have two documents for you: the first requires that you command the escort which will take our esteemed prisoner to Cercen. The second is to notify you of your promotion to Acting-Major."

Three birds, actually: Chubby off my hands, Faregil rewarded for her valour and intelligence (she'd make an excellent 2nd-in-Command), plus she could carry letters to Kanitz for me, and describe the battle, firsthand, for our esteemed Chancellor.

I was smiling as I held out the documents to Faregil ... only she wasn't taking them from my hand. Instead, she couldn't even look me in the eye.

- "Sir ... I'm sorry, but ... I can't accept the promotion."

- "Of course you can." I said. "No one deserves it more."

- "I ... I can't, Sir. I'm married ..."

- "I know. What difference does that make, Faregil?" I was thoroughly confused.

- "I love my husband, Sir. I can't be ... one of your concubines."

- "My what?"

- "I'm not his concubine." chipped in Tallia.

- "Me neither." said Yehla. "I'm his bodyguard."

- "Wait - you thought ...?" I was blushing fiercely.

- "It's not like that at all." said Tallia.

Poor Faregil was more embarrassed than I was.

- "There is no such -" I began ... until Tallia put her hand on my arm.

- "I think that Captain Faregil needs to hear this from someone else." said my aide - and lover. She led Faregil from the tent.

By that time, I understood what she was thinking. She'd come to the conclusion that working closely with me meant ... sleeping with me.

I'd never had sex with Chardeia. But Faregil had been at Tonol (where she'd also distinguished herself). She had to know about Themis and me.

Then she also knew that I'd had sex with Tallia ... Oshide and Yehla ... even Countess Aneli. I could readily understand how she'd mistaken my intentions.

Tallia returned - alone.

- "What did you say?" I asked.

- "Nothing. I took her to see Colonel Langoret."

That did the trick. The next time I saw Faregil, we were both embarrassed from the get-go. Neither of us could get a word out, for a moment.

- "I'm so sorry, Colonel." she said.

- "Perfectly understandable. I can see why you thought ... what you did. But promotion in this regiment will be by merit, if I have anything to say about it. Merit alone."

- "Colonel Langoret explained it to me, Sir. About her hemmer, and -"

- "I understand. Does that mean that I can address you as Major Faregil?"

- "Yes, Sir." She smiled. "Thank you, Sir."

- "Glad to hear it. Would you do one thing for me, Major, before you leave for the capital? Please tell the rest of the regiment that promotions will never be contingent on ... sexual activity. I don't want anyone else to think that."

- "As you wish, Colonel."

***

Everyone in the army knew that a cease-fire was imminent. The destruction of their Northern army and the capture of Prince Ellem Anry would force the Crolians to a truce, at the very least. It might even lead to a more permanent peace.

General Vis designated zones for us to occupy, and then came to see us.

- "You've done remarkably well." she said, to Langoret and to me. "The Queen will be very grateful." Her tone was mildly patronizing.

- "Congratulations on your victory at Henach." I said.

- "Thank you." said the General. "Yes, both battles were quite decisive."

I avoided looking anywhere near Langoret. I wasn't sure that I could keep a straight face.

The General had brought several aides with her, to catalogue and calculate the value of the spoils we'd taken. She was probably eager to figure out her share of the proceeds.

That was an uncharitable thought, I knew. But I was rapidly growing less and less thrilled with our Commander.

Vis was astonished to learn that Tallia had already performed a thorough inventory of everything we'd captured. There was very little for her aides to do - and no chance for them to pocket valuable items. That silver dinnerware was going straight to the Queen, if I had anything to say about it.

In a bit of a huff, now, Vis proceeded to question us thoroughly about the actions of Colonel Avette on the day of the battle.

- "I don't quite understand, General." I said. "Colonel Avette contributed directly to our victory. Yet you make it sound like she's ... accused of some kind of wrongdoing."

- "She disobeyed a direct order, Colonel." said the General. "She will have to answer for that."

- "You're serious? Avette came to our support when Berandot wouldn't, and you want to punish her for that?"

Langoret reached out to put her hand on my arm. General Vis didn't miss that gesture.

- "Colonel Avette will be the subject of an inquiry." she said. "There is nothing that I can do about that."

- "That's total bullshit!" Luckily for me, I'd spoken in Terran. Vis recognized my tone, but the words meant nothing to her.

"A Pylosian expression ..." I explained. "It means that ... Colonel Avette deserves every consideration."

***

- "Complete and utter bullshit!" I repeated, when the General had gone.

- "You have to be more diplomatic." said Langoret. "Insults won't help Avette. Try to understand the General's position."

- "Fuck her position." I was steaming. Vis would've fit in perfectly at AFOTA. "Instead of thanking us for winning the war, she tried to imply that Henach was just as significant as Limset. That's crap - and it's disrespectful to every soldier in both our regiments - and Avette's."

Langoret kept her cool. "All true, Cook. But the General is no doubt embarrassed, to be so outdone by her subordinates. Her faction will not be grateful, that you've eclipsed her so completely."

"There's nothing to be gained by rubbing her face in it. We should try to be as conciliatory as possible."

- "So Avette is subject to an inquiry? And nobody says shit about Berandot?"

Langoret didn't answer. She just waited for me to cool down.

- "Politics, Cook." she said. "The Chancellor can explain it better."

The only bright spot that day was when Tallia decided that I'd had enough rest, and was ready for some sweet houghmagandy.

***

Avette's inquiry was something of a spectacle. I wished I could have been there. Apparently, Berandot appeared, to testify that her subordinate had disobeyed a direct order.

Avette fired back, accusing Berandot of cowardice, and of a politically-motivated attempt to leave Langoret and me hung out to dry. That took courage - or maybe she was just really, really angry.

Of course, she was all alone. Neither Langoret nor I were invited to be part of the proceedings. No one spoke on Avette's behalf.

Berandot didn't dispute the assertion that her actions had been politically motivated. Nor did she deny that she'd left us exposed to a crushing defeat.

But she didn't like the accusation of cowardice.

Words were exchanged. The upshot was ... a duel.

Avette and Berandot were going to settle the issue - with pistols.

***

Yehla was pregnant.

She was happy. I was torn - happy for Yehla, but ... I couldn't help wondering if Oshide had also been pregnant when she was killed.

Tallia understood. I didn't say a word, but she knew - somehow - what I was feeling. She wrapped me in her arms, and held me close.

Yehla caught on. She asked me if she could name her child Oshide - regardless of whether it was male or female.

***

Avette missed.

Berandot 's shot hit Avette in the forearm, shattering it.

Honour was satisfied.

***

Langoret and I went to visit Avette, afterwards. She looked tired - exhausted, really. The broken arm had to be painful - it wasn't a clean break.

- "I'm so sorry." I said.

- "Why?" she said. Her pale eyes were surprisingly fiery. "My only regret is that I missed."

- "You did the right thing - and they're punishing you for it." I said. "It's so ... unfair."

- "Cook - would you ... let me speak to Langoret? Alone? Just for a moment."

That threw me, just a bit. I excused myself.

Langoret came out half an hour later. She held up her hand, when I started to ask what Avette had said.

- "It's complicated, Cook." said Langoret. "Avette is ... politically significant, now - and she knows it."

"She wants to be part of our brigade. Her regiment, to train with ours."

- "That's great!" I said.

- "That's not all. She wants a title. She knows that you have Kanitz' ear, and that Kanitz has access to the Queen. She's asking us to call in favors for her."

- "And? Because it sounds like there's more ..."

- "She wants you for her next hemmer. She wants a child by you."

"Don't feel too flattered, though. I suspect that she wants to do it mainly because it will infuriate Berandot."

***

The Crolians didn't muck about. They sued for peace, ceded the province around Limset and Henach, and paid a staggeringly huge ransom for Crown Prince Chubby.

Our troops were recalled to the capital.

It was a bit of a whirlwind after that. General Vis and her brigade held a victory parade for Henach. The Crolian prisoners were marched through the streets of Cercen. In some ways, it reminded me of Roman triumphs.

The Aneli and Langoret regiments paraded the following day - and Avette's regiment was included.

The citizens of Cercen could count. They saw the prisoners, and all of the captured banners and guns. They went absolutely wild when the Crown Prince of Crolia rode by, on an ox-cart. He waved to the crowd, as if he was winning an award.

The people could also see how few of us there were. We were missing the dead, the seriously wounded, and the females in hemmer (and there were quite a few of those - I suspect the powerful emotions unleashed in battle had something to do with it).

The troopers who could march deserved it. It was their victory, more than mine or Langoret's. Naturally, they sang dirty songs, and managed to make it sound as if we'd won at Limset because I'd had a four-way with Tallia, Oshide and Yehla the night before the battle.

Avette wasn't going to miss it; she marched with her troopers, broken arm strapped to her side. She got a fair number of cheers, too, from what I heard. The crowd may have understood that she alone had come to help Langoret and me; it was more likely that they knew about her duel with Berandot.

***

Langoret, Avette and I were presented to the Queen and her sisters.

- "This is becoming a habit with you, Colonel Cook." said Maia Matila. "If you are going to win a victory every year ... I can only hope that I'll see you even more often."

She was still the loveliest woman I'd ever seen. And I was cognizant of the honour she was doing me. But I couldn't wait to mumble a platitude to her older sister, Maia Ariana, and move down the line to the youngest Royal - Princess Maia Simonia.

Themis, to me.

She leaned forward, to whisper in my ear. "I'm so proud of you, Cook."

That was all the reward I needed.

***

- "A title for Avette?" said Kanitz. She didn't sound happy.

General Vis' little charade about censuring Avette had come to nothing. After the duel with Berandot, and the Queen's open mark of favor, Vis' friends must have told her that criticizing Avette would come across as petty jealousy. The General quietly let the matter drop. But I wanted a more tangible reward for the only commander who'd come to our aid.

- "Langoret seems to think it's a good idea, too. " I said. We were sitting in the Chancellor's study, with Countesses Aneli and Langoret. Airta hovered in the background.

- "Colonel Langoret is not a member of our faction." said Kanitz, a bit stiffly.

- "Really? After Tonol? The supply depot at Napore? Limset?"

- "Don't be an ass, Cook." said Aneli. "Langoret's a good commander, and she's had the fortune to work with you over the past few campaigns. What we're trying to work out is whether we can trust her - politically."

That struck me as funny, considering that Kanitz didn't trust Aneli (or anyone else, for that matter).

Langoret chose her words carefully.

- "I came to the conclusion," she said, "that the Queen's party, in particular Colonel Cook and Chancellor Kanitz, represented our best chance for victory."

"That proved to be correct. But I believe that we will have to fight the Crolians again. Unless something significant occurs, I will continue to support the Queen - and Cook."

Wow. Langoret was good at this. I wanted to kiss her (Truth be told, I wanted more than that, but she was devoted to her fiancée/boyfriend).

- "Five to ten years." said Kanitz. "The Crolians may recover sooner, but we have time."

- "All the more reason, then, to build a stronger party." I said. "Avette is respected for her courage. And she's a good Colonel. We can work with her - train her regiment up to the standard of ours."

- "Party and army are not quite the same thing." said Kanitz. "You are asking for the moons."

Langoret and I wanted a title for Avette. We also wanted more 3-pounders, more rifles, and more troops to train in the tactics that had been so successful at Limset.

- "We can afford this." I said. "Avette is worth it."

- "We'll see." said Kanitz. She brushed aside a stray lock of her frizzy hair. "Can you stay this evening, Colonel? I'd like to discuss a few matters over dinner."

Langoret didn't react. Aneli did.

- "Don't wear him out, Wenzla." she said. "I can feel my next hemmer coming - and it has to be Cook."

- "He will be in tip-top shape for you, Aneli."

- "He'd better be."

Langoret and Aneli were escorted out by Airta. Once the door closed behind them, the Chancellor laughed aloud.

- "I do love politics!" she said. She twirled, and spun on her heel. Then Countess Kanitz threw herself at me. She wrapped her arms around me, and kissed me on the lips.

"Oh, Cook ..."

She kissed me again, more gently.

"I broke every rule, to let you in the army. To give you a commission. I let my instinct guide me, when normally I rely entirely on logic. And look what you've done!"

She was still kissing me. I responded as any man would, with a spectacular woman. Then she surprised me, by leaning against me, her head against my chest.

That seemed to suggest that ... she just wanted to be held? In all the time I'd spent with her, Wenzla had never shown a soft, sentimental side. Political calculation, intelligent conversation, mind-blowing sex ... but never warm and fuzzy, like this.

- "Will you have dinner with me?' she whispered.

- "Of course."

She looked up at me. "I'm sorry. What I really mean is ... will you stay tonight, and take me to bed?"

- "Of course I will." I answered. What an incredible woman. She didn't need hemmer to arouse me; just the thought of spending the night with her had me hard as a rock. She could feel it, too.

Once we'd sat down in her apartments, I decided to tackle the things on my mind while I still could.

- "Oshide saved my life, just before she died."

- "I know. She was one of my best. I shall miss her."

- "Does she have a family?"

- "They are well-looked after. I owe them a debt, too."

- "Yehla is pregnant."

- "And she will be cared for." said Kanitz. "Have no fear, Cook: we value loyalty, here."

- "Then why won't you give Avette a title?" I asked.

- Politics, first?" said Kanitz. "Very well. Of course we'll grant her a title."

- "You will? But -"

- "I had to sound at least a little reluctant ... that's how the game is played, Cook. If we gave in too easily, then Aneli would want more. She already has a title - she would want access to the Queen, and to be part of our inner councils."

"Fortunately, your friend Langoret is neither greedy nor overly ambitious - would that there were more like her."

- "I see."

- "Don't sound so disappointed, Cook. You and Langoret will be rewarded. Aneli will gain prestige ..."

- "I'm not looking for a reward." I said.

- "It's not entirely about what you want." she said. "The Queen must be generous - and it must be known. Loyalty and skill have to be celebrated. Besides, we know some things that you would like - even if you don't - yet."

I was reminded of what she'd told me - that I was a political neophyte, a guppy in shark-infested waters.

- "You told me that I shouldn't trust you."

- "Nor should you, Cook. But the Queen is grateful, and you know that the Princess holds you dear. I may be devious ... but I'm not blind to your skills, and your merits."

"There are times that I wish that I was your aide-de-camp ..."

That sounded very much like an invitation to me. I stood up, and went around the table. I picked her up, and carried her into the bedroom.

She was more than ready for me - she didn't 'require many preliminaries', as she would have put it. So, naturally, I teased and tortured her as if she was a pleasure slave.

I went down on her until she begged for mercy, and pleaded with me to enter her. Finally, I stripped her completely, bent her legs back until her ankles were past her ears, and drove my full length inside her.

***

In the morning, she washed my cock and balls with a wet cloth, sucked and licked me back to full mast, and then rode me at a leisurely pace until she came. She pulled back, when I warned her, and I shot my load all over her stomach, and mine.

- "That was very nice." she said. "More sedate than last night, but I enjoyed it."

- "I'm sorry. I got ... carried away. I hope I didn't ..."

AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,313 Followers